Cherry Master owners beware

Cherry Master owners beware

There are 43 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 13, 2007, titled Cherry Master owners beware. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The first arrests and seizures by a new anti-gaming task force targeting illegal Cherry Master machines were followed by a warning Friday from state officials: More raids are coming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rick in Avon

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 13, 2007
How ridiculous...spend the time and money on the greater cause. Slot machines are not a risk to human life and don't bother anyone. Slots are safe and fun entertainment. The only difference between legal and illegal slot machines is the permit? I consider myself a law abiding citizen and a supporter of our police and sherriffs departments, but our world is much larger now and there is more important tasks that need done than this.
Johnson Co Resident

Florence, KY

#2 Oct 13, 2007
Nice to see the cops have nothing better to do than make sure the rest of us don't waste our money.

What a waste of resources. Just legalize the damn things and tax them. Of course the religious fundamentalists wont allow that. They've got to save all our souls from eternal damnation.
First thought

AOL

#3 Oct 13, 2007
"2nd report of attempted abduction at Pike"
"Pike Township Schools officials said today a 12-year-old boy reported he was nearly abducted Tuesday afternoon shortly after departing his school bus."

Makes going after game machines with a vengence seem stupid. BEWARE you low life game owners! Hey child molester, move on, we've got a real job to do!
There must be money in grabbing game owners. No money in protecting the kids.
Mr Lucas

Louisville, KY

#4 Oct 13, 2007
Rick in Avon wrote:
How ridiculous...spend the time and money on the greater cause. Slot machines are not a risk to human life and don't bother anyone. Slots are safe and fun entertainment. The only difference between legal and illegal slot machines is the permit? I consider myself a law abiding citizen and a supporter of our police and sherriffs departments, but our world is much larger now and there is more important tasks that need done than this.
"The only difference between legal and illegal slot machines is the permit." You're right! And they cost money.

The State wants their cut. When the State gets their cut, gambling is FUN, FUN, FUN. When the State doesn't get their cut, they'll put you in jail.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-C-Y ?
Level Headed

Columbus, IN

#5 Oct 13, 2007
Ho Hum another day in Indiana where real crime goes unchecked and the ones that are not hurting anyone are getting arrested. Like we really have the room in these over crowded jails to put these people in. Do something special with your time like go after some child molester thug or someone out after old people. At this rate they are going to have to pull the road cops of the road and have them go after real crime for once. I just wonder if they will have to retrain them to do real cop work instead of out stealing money from the public over a 5 mile an hour over the speed limit sign. Makes you wonder don't it?
billy

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 13, 2007
what a JOKE
The Martintuckian

United States

#7 Oct 13, 2007
Over paid rent-a-cops. They need to get a real job.
Retired LEO

Bloomington, IN

#8 Oct 13, 2007
Level Headed wrote:
Ho Hum another day in Indiana where real crime goes unchecked and the ones that are not hurting anyone are getting arrested. Like we really have the room in these over crowded jails to put these people in. Do something special with your time like go after some child molester thug or someone out after old people. At this rate they are going to have to pull the road cops of the road and have them go after real crime for once. I just wonder if they will have to retrain them to do real cop work instead of out stealing money from the public over a 5 mile an hour over the speed limit sign. Makes you wonder don't it?
Intresting how the cop on the street or exsize cop is always the dirty one when he/she are doing what they are commanded to do. Remember law enforcement agencies are paramilitary in nature, the people on the bottom of the totem pole, the worker bees, are following orders and are paid the least. Stop letting state legislators, governors, mayors, and city councils hide behind these officers for the inept leadership in these matters.

“BALLARD LIED”

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis

#9 Oct 13, 2007
Its Barts fault because he come with the idea as to how to spend more tax dollars and Gray is also involved because he want to take the heat off his problems. Shorty mitch is returning morals and family values to the State Of Indiana.
Being Watched

West Manchester, OH

#11 Oct 13, 2007
Gambling in the 20's and 30's was run by the mafia. The damm government seen that was a good way to make money so they muscled the mafia out.
Now its illeigal to gamble unless its authorized by the government. Bunch of lowlifes.
Judges, politicians, lawyers and their lackey cops are nothing but lieing, thieving, corrupt, twoface dirtbags.
Is monroe grays pea shake houses off limits to the cops?.
Spell Check

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2007
Mr Lucas wrote:
<quoted text>
"The only difference between legal and illegal slot machines is the permit." You're right! And they cost money.
The State wants their cut. When the State gets their cut, gambling is FUN, FUN, FUN. When the State doesn't get their cut, they'll put you in jail.
I can, but you can't

Since: Dec 06

Peru, Indiana

#13 Oct 13, 2007
Idiotic judicial system of ours. Is this why Bart needs more money?

Since: Dec 06

Peru, Indiana

#14 Oct 13, 2007
Mr Lucas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't normally do this but I can't help but LMAO!

"hypocrisy"
CHM

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2007
What's next, going after the guy who plays poker on his computer?
Mr Lucas

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 13, 2007
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't normally do this but I can't help but LMAO!
"hypocrisy"
Boy, I screwed that one up.
peerce

Louisville, KY

#18 Oct 13, 2007
how can the state of indiana arrest the people for doing what the state is doing everyday what happen to "equal justice under law"
trosmok

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 13, 2007
"....but there's been no great rush for law enforcement to police these machines because there were always more serious things that needed to be done." Yelton said.

My contention is there still are. It troubles me that enormous time and resources are wasted on enforcing victimless crimes including social gambling, simple marijuana possession, prostitution, etc. Don't try to tell me something as nebulous as "society" is somehow the victim, it simply isn't true. It is societal urges that these behaviors spring from, but arbitrary, capricious and artificial lawmaking which deem them illegal.
sick of it

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Oct 13, 2007
I am so glad that these fine departments had something to do ....sitting in front of bars or looking for someone with seat beats off must have been slow .... "Cornfield County Justice"
Greg

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Oct 13, 2007
When is this ridiculous hick state going to stop publicly
embarrasssing itself and stop this victorian era notion that what tax paying citizens do with their free time must be stopped if they deem it sinful? There are so many issues they could better spend them time pursuing..maybe law enforcement is too cowardice
to really go after gangs, tracking down them "evil" slot machines is more their speed. It's also election time so the scum running for re-election use this to con the people into thinking they are being "hard on crime," give me an f-ing break!!
super411

Dayton, OH

#22 Oct 13, 2007
CHM wrote:
What's next, going after the guy who plays poker on his computer?
Already been done. Bush and Congress passed the law back in October of last year. Online poker is virtually shut down in the U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kendallville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girlfriend sobs details of slaying (Dec '06) Apr '16 USA USA USA USA 21
Terry and Darlene Anderson's Murder (Jul '06) Apr '16 Archangel 55
Gov. JOHN KASICH for PRESIDENT Mar '16 slide 2
Sal lahman (Dec '14) Jan '16 Realist 2
News 2 Waterloo men charged with murder (Apr '07) Dec '15 Been There Done That 95
News Solar power getting customers' attention Dec '15 Solarman 1
Mark Handshoe (Jul '13) Dec '15 INsightPI 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kendallville Mortgages