Civil War divided Noble County

Nov 23, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KPC Media Group, Inc.

“Union forces were rather worsted”

A feeling of enthusiasm and excitement prevailed throughout the northern United States at the beginning of its Civil War in April 1861. via KPC Media Group, Inc.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Nathan Long

Fulton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

I am from South Central Kentucky and Consider my self southern but some of my ancestors of the Willey and Moore Families were from Noble County they where mostly recent emigrates only being in a America for a Generation or two as far as the Moores were considered the Willey's had been here a tad bit longer and had southern and Applachian roots About 10-20 of them were arrested in the Hoskinville Rebellion but Harvey Moore born 1843 and his father John were off fighting in Lee's Army in hopes to free the south come back to Ohio gather their families and head back to their roots in one of the States of the Upper South like Kentucky or Virginia or Possibly Maryland. I have a real intrest in this particular county at this time in History
Haleigh

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

Judged:

Nathan Long wrote:
I am from South Central Kentucky and Consider my self southern but some of my ancestors of the Willey and Moore Families were from Noble County they where mostly recent emigrates only being in a America for a Generation or two as far as the Moores were considered the Willey's had been here a tad bit longer and had southern and Applachian roots About 10-20 of them were arrested in the Hoskinville Rebellion but Harvey Moore born 1843 and his father John were off fighting in Lee's Army in hopes to free the south come back to Ohio gather their families and head back to their roots in one of the States of the Upper South like Kentucky or Virginia or Possibly Maryland. I have a real intrest in this particular county at this time in History
Huh??? This is the auburn page nobody cares about your stupid ansisters!!! get a life instead of caring about hisory because these pages are for cool peeps not NERDS!!!
Haleigh

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

Judged:

Nathan Long wrote:
how about u join i'm a nerd topix!!!
ha ha ha
Big Daddy

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Haleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
This simple, Your an imbred dumbass.
Big Daddy

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Haleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? Maybe your twelve and have nothing else to do but it seems you could use some more education, there's more out there than Auburn.
Big Daddy

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

so suck it
Nonie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Hmmm so maybe I am a nerd but I am interested in Hoskinville andcesters. Since my Hoskins ancesters settled Hoskinville. Dont care if no one else is interested in my ancesters but I am interested in Hoskinville. Hope there are residents there still who has the beginning history. Harrison Hoskins was my direct ancester that lived there. If there are any Hoskin ancesters that still live there, I would love to hear from you or anyone with the history as to how Hoskinville came about.
Thanks
Nonie nonieskin@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kendallville Discussions

Search the Kendallville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 8 hr Bounty 1,284
baby 12 hr 123abc 1
verlin isaac beats his woman kandi slone Apr 5 jim 1
isaac running scared Apr 4 jim 1
verlin & merlin isaac get arrested Mar 28 pete 1
sorry it was verlin isaac thag got beat Mar 27 pete 1
berlin isaac got beat at car wash Mar 26 zack 2
•••
•••