No title

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 12, 2007, titled No title. In it, Newsday reports that:

Doreen Wojtas has returned to work, but not to the same job she had before becoming a mother of three.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ray_D

Portsmouth, VA

#1 Jul 13, 2007
Kudos to the moms who made the right decision and didn't dump their kids in day care as they pursued the American dream of materialism and status. Your children are the better for it.
PJR

United States

#6 Jul 13, 2007
Nuke all soccer moms wrote:
Hey, here's an idea:
DON'T KEEP SPEWING OUT KIDS IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM.
Not everyone works because they have to a lot of folks work part-time for the adult interaction.
Gomer Pyle

Glen Cove, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2007
Lazy Long Island women prefer part time work.

“silly conspiracy theory HA”

Since: Mar 07

Long Island

#8 Jul 13, 2007
at least she is out working and not sitting home collecting welfare
GET REAL

Chester, CT

#9 Jul 13, 2007
Ray_D wrote:
Kudos to the moms who made the right decision and didn't dump their kids in day care as they pursued the American dream of materialism and status. Your children are the better for it.
Not sure if you live on the Island, but to live here, in a modest home, in a nice neighborhood, most Moms have to work. It's not about choice, its about survival.
GET REAL

Chester, CT

#10 Jul 13, 2007
Nuke all soccer moms wrote:
Hey, here's an idea:
DON'T KEEP SPEWING OUT KIDS IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM.
Why do you hate Moms? Seek therapy.
GET REAL

Chester, CT

#11 Jul 13, 2007
Gomer Pyle wrote:
Noooooo we prefer not to have to work at all! Get it straight. Now get to work!
MILFS

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 13, 2007
Gomer Pyle wrote:
somebody has to do it
gng

Bridgewater, NJ

#13 Jul 13, 2007
Some people have no choice in the matter; some couples have the chance to discuss what's best for their own needs. You can't make a blanket statement about what's right or wrong; every family's needs are different.
meaghan

Mahwah, NJ

#14 Jul 13, 2007
Gomer Pyle wrote:
As opposed to what? Having babies, sending them off to day care to be raised by someone else, then giving our whole check to that day care? Doesnt make any sense. Lazy Long Island women dont prefer to work part time, Lazy Long Island moms let someone else take care of their children.
easy

Broomall, PA

#15 Jul 13, 2007
Part time, I want to come back as a woman, I would lay on my back and do the 7th fleet.
sure

Bronx, NY

#16 Jul 13, 2007
Do they prefer this over manicures and highlights?
sure

Bronx, NY

#17 Jul 13, 2007
GET REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you live on the Island, but to live here, in a modest home, in a nice neighborhood, most Moms have to work. It's not about choice, its about survival.
How do you define survival?
What do you pay for cable?-do you get basic or the big 200/month package- what kind of car do you drive? I'm sure you are not wanting for anything you just want a larger lifestyle.
liberty

Mahwah, NJ

#18 Jul 13, 2007
easy wrote:
Part time, I want to come back as a woman, I would lay on my back and do the 7th fleet.
yeah, because it is easy to work part time & raise a family & run a house hold.......bills, school, doctors, food shopping, laundry, errands, making sure everyone is happy & healthy & all their needs are met
Cathysr

Brentwood, NY

#21 Jul 13, 2007
Working part time for Moms is great. What about working from home? Are there any job being offered to work at home Moms?
Janine Logan

Rensselaer, NY

#22 Jul 13, 2007
I have held a part-time professional job for the past 13 years,while raising my four children ages, 16, 14, 8, 6. The flexible schedule can't be beat. However, there still exists, in my opinion, the perception that part-time is somehow not as valuable as full-time, even though most of us part-timers produce a full-time amount of work. Working part-time does compromise your career somewhat - you just can't be there for every meeting - but it does provide you with the opportunity to be with your kids more often than not. The other pattern I have noticed is that while part-time allows you to be extremely flexible, this very flexiblity can undermine you, because you have that extra bit of time to be everywhere for everyone, almost. So, ironically, in a way, you end up busier than the full-timer who stays in one place longer. Just some thoughts of mine from experience.
LIer

Edison, NJ

#23 Jul 14, 2007
easy wrote:
why wait? start tonite...
DarthVader

New York, NY

#24 Jul 14, 2007
Women always want it both ways - work 1/2 day and let the husband or butch work 2 or 3 jobs to support their soccer mom life style.

Sorry raising kids doesnt count as a job.
liberty

Mahwah, NJ

#25 Jul 14, 2007
DarthVader wrote:
Women always want it both ways - work 1/2 day and let the husband or butch work 2 or 3 jobs to support their soccer mom life style.
Sorry raising kids doesnt count as a job.
Raising children doesnt count as a job? At least not for whoever raised you.....they seem to have fallen asleep on the job.
SAH MOM of 4

Beacon, NY

#29 Jul 15, 2007
meaghan wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to what? Having babies, sending them off to day care to be raised by someone else, then giving our whole check to that day care? Doesnt make any sense. Lazy Long Island women dont prefer to work part time, Lazy Long Island moms let someone else take care of their children.
Thank you, well said. My kids are better off because I take care of them and not some babysitter who will shake them to death or some over priced daycare center. People who aren't in the situation shouldn't talk about the subject!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kendall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead body at Lake Alice Aug 23 saradxdf 3
Hawley wants a raise Aug 20 votes him out 6
Uncle Sal's has new owner Aug 20 Glad he is gone 5
Kevin P Clark Jul 29 Inform the people 2
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul '16 josephbarkley 20
Heroin, cocaine investigation leads police to ... Jul '16 Scotty 5
News Upstate NY college student accused of raping wo... (May '15) May '15 StopOrIWillShoot 1

Kendall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kendall Mortgages