Parents of teen convicted of killing ...

Parents of teen convicted of killing baby in Pompano don't beli...

There are 27 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 8, 2009, titled Parents of teen convicted of killing baby in Pompano don't beli.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The parents of Ashley Truitt, the Iowa teenager convicted of dumping her newborn baby down a trash chute at a Pompano Beach hotel, said they don't believe their daughter killed the infant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OhComeNow

Memphis, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2009
...and there is a Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
kel

United States

#2 Jan 8, 2009
I suppose I wouldnt want to believe it either but whether she dumped her down the chute or not, she still abandoned her baby essentially causing it's death. At 19 years old this girl knew better. With the safe haven laws things like this should absolutly never happen. A whole family destroyed..A real shame.
blue breeze

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 8, 2009
so many couple that would like to have a child and this moran was bless with one and this what she did hwo could you sleep at night shame on you baby killer
seinfeld

United States

#4 Jan 8, 2009
the Dingo ate your baby.
Jussfreakingreat

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2009
Now come the stories and excuses from her parents. I know it is hard to watch a child so young go to prison for making a very dreadful mistake, BUT there are safehavens in florida for teens to take their newborns to. That girl did not choose to do that , she chose to leave the baby wrapped in a towel in a maintenance room of a hotel, what she did contributed to the child's death.

Her selfish actions that day cost her family a lifetime of heartache.
NEW ATTITUDE

Durham, NC

#7 Jan 8, 2009
kel wrote:
I suppose I wouldnt want to believe it either but whether she dumped her down the chute or not, she still abandoned her baby essentially causing it's death. At 19 years old this girl knew better. With the safe haven laws things like this should absolutly never happen. A whole family destroyed..A real shame.
You are absolutely right...she is right where she belongs and her parents need to stop making excuses for her. Maybe they should have raised her to understand there are consequences in life.
Mom of two

United States

#8 Jan 8, 2009
I would never want to believe that my child could do something so horrible, but weather she threw the baby down the trash chut or just left it in a room covered with towels, the baby would have died no matter what. She's 19 years old. She knew better. I feel sorry for her parents. Not only did they lose their daughter but their granddaughter as well. What a shame!!
Well then

Canada

#9 Jan 8, 2009
White trailor trash, belongs in jail with Casey.
kel

United States

#10 Jan 8, 2009
NEW ATTITUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right...she is right where she belongs and her parents need to stop making excuses for her. Maybe they should have raised her to understand there are consequences in life.
Sounds like another family we have been hearing about in the news...What I dont get is why she just didnt have an abortion? It makes no sense to wait 9 months, deliver a live baby and then kill it. What's the point? I mean obviously she had no religious issue against it. This girl apparently wasnt very bright.
Joe taxpayer

United States

#11 Jan 8, 2009
These young women need to stay off drugs, stay in school, and quit making babies at such a young age. More than likely this kid would have grown up to be nothing more than a jailbird.
kel

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2009
Joe taxpayer wrote:
These young women need to stay off drugs, stay in school, and quit making babies at such a young age. More than likely this kid would have grown up to be nothing more than a jailbird.
As a teen mother myself, I have to agree with you. I did okay but I went to a school designed for pregnant teens and I have to admit 90% were unfit mothers and sorry excuses for human beings in general. It was really disgusting to see the disregard most of them had for their kids. They were more like accessories to them, much like shoes or a purse. All they ever wanted to talk about was there baby daddies and most of them had more then one. I think watching them made me work even harder to be better and raise my kid right. Don't get me wrong their were a slim few like me who actually did try to do the right thing but sadly the majority was just plain appalling.
newslover

AOL

#13 Jan 8, 2009
They should question the integrity of the investigation. Scott
champagne is now in prison himself for corruption. I think
they should hire a private investigator to gather information
about what and who was in the trash chute area before and
after the baby was found. Her story may be true. Sounds to
me like BSO's treatment of the case is mediocre at best.
Newslover is FOS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jan 8, 2009
newslover wrote:
Scott is not in prison. What is the point of posting total BS?! Ashley Truitt is in prison, where she belongs for causing her newborn baby to die.
Hillbilly

Jupiter, FL

#15 Jan 8, 2009
I always try to steel the towels from a hotel...but never the baby
Hillbilly

Jupiter, FL

#16 Jan 8, 2009
thhhhuuuuuuuuuuuumpppppppp

that is the sound of a baby down the garbage chute
hmmm

United States

#17 Jan 8, 2009
newslover wrote:
can you provide a link for the allegation that scott is in prison?? I think you have your facts wrong there buddy..
All the facts

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Jan 8, 2009
The parents apparently omitted a few facts from their letter - the fact that she hid this pregnancy from everyone, flew to FL when she was 9 months pregnant, lied to someone who knew that she was pregnant by telling him that she had already had the baby and given it up for adoption... These facts change things slightly. This girl didn't want this child, she wanted to get rid of it, and wanted to be rid of any evidence that linked her to it so she threw it down the chute. CASE CLOSED... there is not much more to it. Maybe if these people paid more attention to their child-rearing duties and less time trying to blame others then they wouldn't have a daughter in Florida State Prison! The real tragedy is for the baby and the couple out there who would have welcomed this newborn into their home with open arms.
TRush

Apopka, FL

#19 Jan 8, 2009
Hmmm...the Anthonys dont think Casey did it either
wake up people!
michigan

Caledonia, MI

#20 Jan 8, 2009
Sounds like these parents and Casey Anthony's parents are related somewhere down the line......fix these girls so they cannot produce any poor little babies that grow up to be kids with no morals, no empathy! It all about BLAME!
County

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Jan 8, 2009
The parents often times are the last to know. Often times many go into denial and make excuses. If she left the baby in a room then someone would have heard it crying if it were alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kendall Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min HE PAYS NO TAXES 312,684
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,458,467
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Into The Night 62,314
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 18 hr YIM 7,942
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun zazz 98,271
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun Ize Found 71,233
News Fort Lauderdale: Woman critical after freight t... (Jul '08) Dec 2 Leelee126 123

Kendall Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kendall Green Mortgages