Seldovia's Russian Orthodox church rests in transition
Mar 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Homer Tribune
Seldovia's St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral, sitting atop its hill as it has for more than a century, is currently in transition because its members are so few in Seldovia that services are seldom held there.
Since: Mar 10
Ecumenism is EVIL!
It is satan's Master Plan.
Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
2Th. 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Matt. 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matt. 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Since: May 08
And this has to do with the Church in Alaska how?
Since: Mar 10
Sorry I went temporarily insane I guess.
But I hate satan, because he's so evil, and he loves to murder and lie.
But Christ our life and God, has put that wicked one under His feet:
Psa. 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
The demons are powerful in their battle against us, but Christ will shatter it if He's in you.
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Eph. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
This prayer will give you such love of Christ.
It gives warnings and instruction concerning how to properly pray it.
Sorry for the irevelent text.
(but revelant to our lives)(Our spiritual lives are our lives ; -)
Since: May 08
Hatred can be a bad thing when it overwhelms us, even hatred of the devil.
After all that is part of his plan.
Your words "But Christ our life and God, has put that wicked one under His feet:" are true. He has done that.
Use those words to check your hatred of everything. For when it consumes you, in ways you become just like the devil.
Since: Mar 10
Yes we must not hate anything that is good, all that was made was good, but evil is not a creation, it has no essence or substance, it is given existence when we commit the evil.
Like the passions, they are not natural at all, they were not created by God, they are like the darkness of a shadow.
St Mark and Evagrius say that it is very beneficial for us to hate the evil demons: Other saints say the same thing as well.
We are to hate the demons evilness of their being, and not their original essence, which is angelic.
Evagrios the Solitary
Texts on Discrimination in Respect of Passions and Thoughts
9. Hatred against the demons contributes greatly to our salvation and helps our growth in holiness. But we do not of ourselves have the power to nourish this hatred into a strong plant, because the pleasure-loving spirits restrict it and encourage the soul again to indulge in its old habitual loves. But this indulgence - or rather this gangrene that is so hard to cure - the Physician of souls heals by abandoning us. For He permits us to undergo some fearful suffering night and day, and then the soul returns again to its original hatred, and learns like David to say to the Lord:'I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them my enemies'(Ps. 139: 22). For a man hates his enemies with perfect hatred when he sins neither in act nor in thought - which is a sign of complete dispassion.
St Mark the acsetic On Spiritual Law
105. We must hate avarice, self-esteem and sensual pleasure, as mothers of the vices and
stepmothers of the virtues.
106. Because of them we are commanded not to love 'the world' and 'the things that are in the world'(1 John 2:15); not so that we should hate God's creation through lack of discernment, but so that we should eliminate the occasions for these three passions.
No righteousness by works
76. Just as sailors, in the hope of gain, gladly endure the burning heat of the sun, so those who hate wickedness gladly accept reproof. For the former contend with the winds, the latter with
St. Mark the Ascetic
On Those who Think that They are Made Righteous by Works
Two Hundred and Twenty-Six Texts
118. When you hear Scripture saying of the Holy Spirit that He 'rested upon each' of the Apostles (Acts 2:3), or 'came upon' the Prophet (1 Sam. 11:6), or 'energizes'(1 Cor. 12:11), or is 'grieved'(Eph. 4:30), or is 'quenched'(1 Thess. 5:19), or is 'vexed (Isa. 63:10), and again, that some 'have the first fruits'(Rom. 8:23), and that others are 'filled with the Holy Spirit'(Acts 2:4), do not suppose that the Spirit is subject to some kind of division, variation or change; but be sure that, in the way we have described, He is unvarying, unchanging and all-powerful. Therefore in all His energies He remains what He is, and in a divine manner He gives to each person what is needful. On those who have been baptized He pours Himself out in His fullness like the sun. Each of us is illumined by Him to the extent to which we hate the passions that darken us and get rid of them. But in so far as we have a love for them and dwell on them, we remain in darkness.
119. He who hates the passions gets rid of their causes. But he who is attracted by their causes is attacked by the passions even though he does not wish it.
11. It is written:'Not everyone who says to Me: "Lord, Lord" shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of My Father'(Matt. 7:21). The will of the Father is indicated in the words:'You who love the Lord, hate evilí(Ps. 97:10). Hence we should both pray the Prayer of Jesus Christ and hate our evil thoughts. In this way we do God's will.
This was from the Philokalia Fathers.
Since: May 08
My point is that it is fine to hate evil but don't be consumed by your hate.
For when you do, you start to hate more than what you should.
I trust and hope that you are not reading the Philokalia on your own but with your spiritual father's guidance.
|Kasilof Mercantile Unfair Practices (Sep '08)||Mar 9||Concerned||11|
|Where get rasberries||Mar 4||sam||1|
|Seek out the ideal of 2013 Prom Dresses (Jul '13)||Feb 28||cherry yang||9|
|Nikiski Music Thread (May '12)||Feb 22||Musikologist||14|
|Review: Marks Mobile Repair||Dec '13||atifn79||1|
|Review: Friendship Mission||Oct '13||tom||1|
|Alaska Editorials (Aug '13)||Aug '13||ksu||1|