Damage at Legend Point & area marinas

Damage at Legend Point & area marinas

Posted in the Kemah Forum

Debra Henley

United States

#1 Sep 13, 2008
My parents have a sailboat at Legend Point Marina slip #57 at the end of the Island dock . It is a Lord Nelson 35. Name of boat is Ithaka. Any info on how most boats faired would be greatly welcomed.
Sarah

Abilene, TX

#2 Sep 14, 2008
Any word on your parents sailboat, we have one on the east pier #2?
Larry Crain

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Sep 14, 2008
My boat is at Legend Point in dock. I eas by there this morning and all of the boats looked fine. I was very pleasantly surprised
Larry Crain

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Sep 14, 2008
I meant to say my boat is on E Dock. The marina really looked normal except the water was still about 2 feet above the dock.
amber

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone know how Portifino Harbour held up we are in slip e-2 and can't get any info.
Thanks
deb hvizdos

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 16, 2008
Can anyone confirm Watergate Marina- dock 12 slip #46 boat the KATARINA- 38' Cabo Rico. white with green trim.

Could be in yard on the Clear Lake Shores side in a yard? please anyone with info. I am in NJ, my brother the owner is out of the country..
Please advise....

thank you
John Hesse

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2008
We are on pier 12 at Watergate...around slip 32 or 36...small 22 ft Ranger sailboat... it looks like the pier is very damaged or gone where we are on out to the end. Alot of boats there are still afloat, including ours, Wind Dancer. They are still tied to something, probably the verticle ring poles....I will look for pics...
cayosmon

Veracruz, Mexico

#8 Sep 18, 2008
Debra Henley wrote:
My parents have a sailboat at Legend Point Marina slip #57 at the end of the Island dock . It is a Lord Nelson 35. Name of boat is Ithaka. Any info on how most boats faired would be greatly welcomed.
I now have a shot (a little far away, sorry) of Ithaka in the background. The reports are very good (astounding, really) for Legend Point; only two boats lost. My Interlude (directly across from Ithaka on West pier) went through it without a scratch, and dry inside, too! email me at [email protected] and I can forward the pic to you.
Karen

United States

#9 Sep 18, 2008
My great great grandfather was John Henry Kipp, Sr. who founded Kemah. He built the big house on 10th street between Kipp and Bradford. I would like to know if it made it through another hurricane.
Debbie

Houston, TX

#10 Sep 30, 2008
Karen wrote:
My great great grandfather was John Henry Kipp, Sr. who founded Kemah. He built the big house on 10th street between Kipp and Bradford. I would like to know if it made it through another hurricane.
This is what I found, hope this is not it. I love that house.
http://utube.smashits.com/video/kRbbaW523fk/H...
Sandra Sea Leopard

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2008
John Hesse wrote:
We are on pier 12 at Watergate...around slip 32 or 36...small 22 ft Ranger sailboat... it looks like the pier is very damaged or gone where we are on out to the end. Alot of boats there are still afloat, including ours, Wind Dancer. They are still tied to something, probably the verticle ring poles....I will look for pics...
John, is your baot a Catamaran? Bonnie & Perry?
Sandra Sea Leopard

United States

#12 Nov 30, 2008
John, is your boat a Catamaran, formerly owned by Bonnie and Perry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kemah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hit-And-Run driver injures 2 children, arrested (Jul '10) Aug 4 Kim 257
Review: Heidi's Hair Salon (Mar '14) Jul '16 zoe 2
i love kickboxing League City Jul '16 Anonymous 3
4th of July In Bacliff (Jun '09) Jul '16 Josie 8
News Two found dead in Bay Street Park (Sep '09) Jun '16 H_Town 24
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jun '16 Steven 78

Kemah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kemah Mortgages