Debra Henley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

My parents have a sailboat at Legend Point Marina slip #57 at the end of the Island dock . It is a Lord Nelson 35. Name of boat is Ithaka. Any info on how most boats faired would be greatly welcomed.
Sarah

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Any word on your parents sailboat, we have one on the east pier #2?
Larry Crain

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

My boat is at Legend Point in dock. I eas by there this morning and all of the boats looked fine. I was very pleasantly surprised
Larry Crain

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

I meant to say my boat is on E Dock. The marina really looked normal except the water was still about 2 feet above the dock.
amber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Does anyone know how Portifino Harbour held up we are in slip e-2 and can't get any info.
Thanks
deb hvizdos

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2008

Can anyone confirm Watergate Marina- dock 12 slip #46 boat the KATARINA- 38' Cabo Rico. white with green trim.

Could be in yard on the Clear Lake Shores side in a yard? please anyone with info. I am in NJ, my brother the owner is out of the country..
Please advise....

thank you
John Hesse

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

We are on pier 12 at Watergate...around slip 32 or 36...small 22 ft Ranger sailboat... it looks like the pier is very damaged or gone where we are on out to the end. Alot of boats there are still afloat, including ours, Wind Dancer. They are still tied to something, probably the verticle ring poles....I will look for pics...
cayosmon

Boca Del Río, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Debra Henley wrote:
My parents have a sailboat at Legend Point Marina slip #57 at the end of the Island dock . It is a Lord Nelson 35. Name of boat is Ithaka. Any info on how most boats faired would be greatly welcomed.
I now have a shot (a little far away, sorry) of Ithaka in the background. The reports are very good (astounding, really) for Legend Point; only two boats lost. My Interlude (directly across from Ithaka on West pier) went through it without a scratch, and dry inside, too! email me at cayosmon@hotmail.com and I can forward the pic to you.
Karen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

My great great grandfather was John Henry Kipp, Sr. who founded Kemah. He built the big house on 10th street between Kipp and Bradford. I would like to know if it made it through another hurricane.
Debbie

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Karen wrote:
My great great grandfather was John Henry Kipp, Sr. who founded Kemah. He built the big house on 10th street between Kipp and Bradford. I would like to know if it made it through another hurricane.
This is what I found, hope this is not it. I love that house.
http://utube.smashits.com/video/kRbbaW523fk/H...
Sandra Sea Leopard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

John Hesse wrote:
We are on pier 12 at Watergate...around slip 32 or 36...small 22 ft Ranger sailboat... it looks like the pier is very damaged or gone where we are on out to the end. Alot of boats there are still afloat, including ours, Wind Dancer. They are still tied to something, probably the verticle ring poles....I will look for pics...
John, is your baot a Catamaran? Bonnie & Perry?
Sandra Sea Leopard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

John, is your boat a Catamaran, formerly owned by Bonnie and Perry?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kemah Discussions

Search the Kemah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 min fubar 21,738
Cop Watch! (May '10) 5 hr MIKK 10
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr Imperial Chicano 17,291
Review: Gulf Breeze Dental Care - Dan Ellis DDS (May '09) Jul 30 Mother of 4 13
Winner of $12 million lottery jackpot has until... Jul 29 alfordadams 4
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jul 28 Coventry Homes 56
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
•••
•••

Kemah News Video

•••
•••

Kemah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000