smr15012

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 23, 2011
30 Years ago I lived in Houston and we used to go to a bar called Maribelle's...it was PINK and up on stilts on the sand, kind of open aired....had a lot of fun times there. I am planning a trip to come back and visit in October and was wondering is the ORIGINAL Maribelle's still there and if so can you tell me where??
Also remember a bar called the TURTLE and if someone asked you if you were a turtle you had to answer in a certain way or you had to buy a drink!
Im a Turtle

Pearland, TX

#2 Jun 23, 2011
Maribelle's was washed away by Hurricane Ike, but opened up in a strip mall on NASA #1.

Turtle is still there.
stellar

Itasca, TX

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Im a Turtle wrote:
Maribelle's was washed away by Hurricane Ike, but opened up in a strip mall on NASA #1.

Turtle is still there.
Maribelle's isn't the same though! Last time we went... they played nothing but Tejano music.
Rex Havoc

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Jun 3, 2014
smr15012 wrote:
30 Years ago I lived in Houston and we used to go to a bar called Maribelle's...it was PINK and up on stilts on the sand, kind of open aired....had a lot of fun times there. I am planning a trip to come back and visit in October and was wondering is the ORIGINAL Maribelle's still there and if so can you tell me where??
Also remember a bar called the TURTLE and if someone asked you if you were a turtle you had to answer in a certain way or you had to buy a drink!
Last night (8-15-84) my wife and I spent in Texas we partied at Maribelle's in Kemah with her office buddies. The very one you speak of. I have a picture but nowhere to post on here. Yes, opened air...that night had a three piece combo and we rocked, barefooted on the wooden floors. Then someone broke a bottle and ruined that gig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kemah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Fossilfarts 549
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 26 Fossilfarts 749
Christmas charities Nov 10 MaryJ 1
officer t. montero Nov 6 GUEST 1
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Nov 3 dianek11470 63
League City denies officials' ammunition requests Oct 30 Wild man 1
Trying to find Kathy Turner Miller Oct '14 Jen 1

Kemah News Video

Kemah Dating
Find my Match

Kemah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kemah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kemah