kelso women kettle beef and chicken&d...

kelso women kettle beef and chicken&dumpling recipe

Posted in the Kelso Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fat and hungry

Boston, MA

#1 Feb 18, 2010
does anyone know these recipes?

Fenton, MO

#2 Feb 18, 2010
Glad you asked, I'd like to know also
Thanks

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 26, 2010
Kettle Cooked Beef

Cut 3-4 lbs. of roast into bite size chunks removing fat in the process. Place meat in an oven roaster. Apply salt and pepper. Add water until meat is barely covered. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon crystals per cup of water. Add 1 cup chopped onions, optional. Cook at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour. Turn down to 250 degrees for 2 to 3 hours until you think that it is done. Do not lift cover during cooking time.

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#4 Feb 26, 2010
Chicken and Dumplings

3 c. Flour
1/3 c. Water
2 Eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 (3lb.) Hen
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 onion

Cook hen with celery and onion until tender. Debone hen and cut into bite-size pieces. Mix and work into a stiff ball the flour, water and eggs and salt. Divide dough and roll thin. Cut into about 1 inch squares. Drop into broth. Cook about 10 to 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. A little chicken base can be added, but go light on the salt if you do add the chicken base.

Fenton, MO

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Thanks - can't wait to try these recipes
not the original

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Mar 30, 2010
That's not the Kelso Dumplin recipe.....close but some key ingredients missing....
grammaisone

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Mar 30, 2010
nope not the original.....dont know the measurements but it is missing some ingredients. I have watched my gramma do it for yrs with them!!!

Fenton, MO

#8 Apr 1, 2010
so what are the missing ingredients?

Jackson, MO

#9 Apr 24, 2010
guest wrote:
Kettle Cooked Beef
Cut 3-4 lbs. of roast into bite size chunks removing fat in the process. Place meat in an oven roaster. Apply salt and pepper. Add water until meat is barely covered. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon crystals per cup of water. Add 1 cup chopped onions, optional. Cook at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour. Turn down to 250 degrees for 2 to 3 hours until you think that it is done. Do not lift cover during cooking time.
I recall Liz Dannenmueller as having terrific Kettle Beef. Leroy would slaughter the hogs, and collect the blood for his speciality, blood sausage. One day walking in their kitchen, I seen a bowl of thick red looking stuff on the counter. Asking Lynn what it was, her reply was it is blood for the sausage, lol.
NoCook

Chaffee, MO

#10 Jul 1, 2011
Does anyone know how to make the kettle beef? I mean the real recipe or whatever it is.
NoCook

Chaffee, MO

#11 Jul 1, 2011
While I'm at it, does anyone have a good macaroni and cheese recipe?
guest rantr

United States

#12 Jul 2, 2011
Wow, no cook, are u really that dumb? Mac and freaking cheese!? Mac noodles, cheese (American), and milk in a pot! Boil noodles, drain, add milk and cheese, serve, Tah freaking DAH!!
lilbit

United States

#13 Aug 7, 2011
guest rantr wrote:
Wow, no cook, are u really that dumb? Mac and freaking cheese!? Mac noodles, cheese (American), and milk in a pot! Boil noodles, drain, add milk and cheese, serve, Tah freaking DAH!!
she must be a dumb blonde. or a dumb rich brat.
Mmmmm...good

San Jose, CA

#14 Oct 16, 2011
Just got back from the Kelso dinner. Excellent as usual. Still waiting for someone to post that chicken and dumpling recipe. I made a few batches with my grandmother before she passed away but that's been some time ago. Can't remember some of the ingredients to add with the chicken.
Mitch

New York, NY

#15 Dec 17, 2011
Wow.."ive been looking for this recipe too!! Thanks for sharing guys..i have just the right recipe for it and will be serving Bufala cheese for starters..good thing I was able to shop online on this site last night: http://www.idealcheese.com/bufalamozzarella.a... .
STAG DRINKER

Sikeston, MO

#16 Dec 17, 2011
You will not find a recipe.They just add what they need until it tastes right.Seen it done many of times and always different
just wondering

Calvert City, KY

#17 Dec 18, 2011
So how about sourkrout dumplings. I grew up in Kelso and my Mom made them....when she passed so did the recipe....Anyone????
and

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Dec 18, 2011
just wondering wrote:
So how about sourkrout dumplings. I grew up in Kelso and my Mom made them....when she passed so did the recipe....Anyone????
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,sauerkr...
and

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Dec 18, 2011
just wondering wrote:
http://www.food.com/recipe/pa-dutch-sauerkrau...

KETTLE BEEF

5 pounds lean beef roast or stew meat
5 cups water (just enough to cover the bottom of pan)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of kitchen bouquet
1 medium onion, chopped fine

Put meat in roasting pan and add water just enough to cover the bottom of pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Add onion.

Cover pan and cook at 250 degrees F for approximtely 6 hours.

Take out and add kitchen bouquet (gravy) mix, 2 tbsp corn strach, and 1 cup of water pour in roasting pan and mix with meat until gravy thickens.

Makes approximately 10 servings

Click here to view: http://www.recipelink.com/msgid/17896
put in

South Ozone Park, NY

#20 Oct 26, 2012
guest wrote:
Kettle Cooked Beef
trust me put 1 strong cup of coffee in it it will give it a realy good gravy and you wont tast the coffee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kelso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Gordonville 4 min figures 122
Landmark Hospital???? (Apr '12) 7 min Melissa Dykstra 52
car chase on 640 49 min Guest 2
Psychiatrist 1 hr Psychotic Ex 2
cup n cork (Mar '12) 5 hr Nonesuch 78
Gary Schrum 6 hr Danny Boy 2
Looking for an old friend Margaret 6 hr maybe 2
More from around the web

Kelso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE