Judge Mann to retire

LAKEPORT Judge Arthur Mann will retire from Department 3 of the Lake County Superior Court after 30 years as a judge. Read more
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Jack Bauer 24

Elmwood, IL

#2 Aug 26, 2009
One less corrupt, GOB on the bench!
Don Anderson has just announced he is running for Hopkins position....whoo hooo!
Motor Mouth

United States

#3 Aug 26, 2009
I will not say that Judge Mann is the fairest judge we have, because they are all fair, but he is the fastest and most productive. One can ask any of his fellow judges and they will all agree.

For good reason our judicial system does not allow the latitude for judges that the public seems to mistakenly assume. A good judge runs an orderly court and gets much done without sacrificing justice in the process. Anyone on the 4th floor will tell you Judge Mann accomplishes exactly that.
Duke

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2009
If Don Anderson ran for Hopkins spot, he would have my vote!!
Curious

Elmwood, IL

#5 Aug 26, 2009
Why would the courts allow a Judge of all people to sit on the bench with a anklet bracelet on?
Motor Mouth wrote:
I will not say that Judge Mann is the fairest judge we have, because they are all fair, but he is the fastest and most productive. One can ask any of his fellow judges and they will all agree.
For good reason our judicial system does not allow the latitude for judges that the public seems to mistakenly assume. A good judge runs an orderly court and gets much done without sacrificing justice in the process. Anyone on the 4th floor will tell you Judge Mann accomplishes exactly that.
Amused

San Francisco, CA

#7 Aug 26, 2009
Judge Mann allowed Hopkins to run his courtroom
noruda

United States

#10 Aug 26, 2009
Was it a forced retirement ?
Like the xChief said of Gudmunson?
my opinion... abOUT DAMN TIME!

#0106-412 n
MoRE.
Main Street

Milton, FL

#11 Aug 26, 2009
He had a couple of DUI's a long time ago, which he had to serve time for. Trust me he is not alone on the DUI thing and apparently there is no policy/problem with a judge getting DUI's and being allowed to continue to work like any other person.
Curious wrote:
Why would the courts allow a Judge of all people to sit on the bench with a anklet bracelet on?
<quoted text>
Concerned

Elmwood, IL

#12 Aug 26, 2009
I know there is no such thing as perfect, but by God one who has taken oath to serve and protect are role models in the eyes of its citizens, including children. Do as I do is not a good caption! Makes sense, lets see, Judge sits on bench wearing anklet bracelet for DUI, while hearing a court trial on one who has committed a possible crime DUI. Go Figure! Sorry you cant give me any reason for this that would be acceptable in my book! And what is it you tell your children or grandchildren? Oh he is not a bad Judge just one who made a big mistake, and is now paying for it. Wrong the guy should have been kept off the bench until he served his complete sentence!
Main Street wrote:
He had a couple of DUI's a long time ago, which he had to serve time for. Trust me he is not alone on the DUI thing and apparently there is no policy/problem with a judge getting DUI's and being allowed to continue to work like any other person.
<quoted text>
Motor Mouth

United States

#13 Aug 26, 2009
It seems as though those of us who know have again been put in the position of "proving a negative". The following facts will not support the narative many of you prefer so many will most likely reject it, but I will offer the truth just the same.

Judge Arthur Mann has never had a DUI and has never worn an ankle bracelet for that crime or for any other. I have this on very good authority.

On the Lakeport end of the lake the ankle bracelet urban legend seems to be about Judge Mann. On the Clearlake end it is Judge Freeborn. Neither has an ounce of truth.

Now, for those of you who reject what I say because it was more fun to believe otherwise I only ask that you use a test of logic. Does anyone really think a judge would be allowed to sit on the bench while wearing an ankle bracelet?
Main Street

Milton, FL

#14 Aug 26, 2009
Well sorry Mouth, Mann has had two or is it three! Anyhow, who ever told you differently, told you wrong! I have lived here my whole life, know him and the ex, all the way back to the people services board. He might not have had to wear the "bracelet" because his DUI's occurred long before all the law changes that made having a DUI as painful as it is now. Also, as far as I know, he never sits on DUI cases for the same reason. Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike this man, he has always been good to me and mine but it was what it was! You know, small town e.g. small pool you swim in and everyone knows your s**t!
Motor Mouth wrote:
It seems as though those of us who know have again been put in the position of "proving a negative". The following facts will not support the narative many of you prefer so many will most likely reject it, but I will offer the truth just the same.
Judge Arthur Mann has never had a DUI and has never worn an ankle bracelet for that crime or for any other. I have this on very good authority.
On the Lakeport end of the lake the ankle bracelet urban legend seems to be about Judge Mann. On the Clearlake end it is Judge Freeborn. Neither has an ounce of truth.
Now, for those of you who reject what I say because it was more fun to believe otherwise I only ask that you use a test of logic. Does anyone really think a judge would be allowed to sit on the bench while wearing an ankle bracelet?
Joke

Elmwood, IL

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Ok, I'm listening and willing to give your authority the benefit of the doubt, that is if you name your authority source, that would make the difference here. As far as the test of logic, let me say this. There has been no logic all throughout the Dinius Trial by either Hopkins or some of our LCSO and here you are asking us to believe what you say! And who are you?
Motor Mouth wrote:
It seems as though those of us who know have again been put in the position of "proving a negative". The following facts will not support the narative many of you prefer so many will most likely reject it, but I will offer the truth just the same.
Judge Arthur Mann has never had a DUI and has never worn an ankle bracelet for that crime or for any other. I have this on very good authority.
On the Lakeport end of the lake the ankle bracelet urban legend seems to be about Judge Mann. On the Clearlake end it is Judge Freeborn. Neither has an ounce of truth.
Now, for those of you who reject what I say because it was more fun to believe otherwise I only ask that you use a test of logic. Does anyone really think a judge would be allowed to sit on the bench while wearing an ankle bracelet?
Motor Mouth

United States

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Who should have the burden of proof? No one puts forth any evidence, however scant, supporting the stories of DUI's and ankle bracelets and yet anyone who knows better is expected to prove his point. As I said, proving a negative is a difficult position in which to find one's self.

By the way, there is precedent for a judge with a serious DUI continuing to sit on the bench in Sonoma Co. but she cannot preside over criminal trials. It is the ankle bracelet story which defies all logic.
noruda

United States

#18 Aug 27, 2009
Wil this be an example like other retired judge?
More $ made in retirement ?
motormutt makes an argument from certain truth... then caves.
Don't care if they were drunks...
Anyone
remember DA's office embezzlement case... unknown 10's of thousands...
rules prison... family in court yells NO!
Calls recess... comes back... "made mistake"
rules AGaIN... probation.
privilege.

You all want to see an actual report?
Admitted stranger home invader... sexual assault...
leos left out battery... guns drawn...
more...
Artie let him off w/misdemeanor.
Leos have paraded smirking offender in front of me... why do you think that happened?
My daughter, born here, will never return... say's " I don't care if you give the property away."

For Sale ... 1.9 r3 acres
lakeshore, lakeport

Human Rights ... HA!
for privileged only.
lenny

Redding, CA

#19 Aug 27, 2009
I don't believe the County of Lake has ever seen a woman on the bench....this is LONG overdue.

Take a deep breath guys...you can do this :):)
plotz

United States

#20 Aug 29, 2009
Same... "getting over", with a new face on the monster.
MIA

Fairfield, CA

#21 Aug 29, 2009
Motor Mouth wrote:
I will not say that Judge Mann is the fairest judge we have, because they are all fair, but he is the fastest and most productive. One can ask any of his fellow judges and they will all agree.
For good reason our judicial system does not allow the latitude for judges that the public seems to mistakenly assume. A good judge runs an orderly court and gets much done without sacrificing justice in the process. Anyone on the 4th floor will tell you Judge Mann accomplishes exactly that.
Judge Mann gets things done for the GOB. He is a drunken and bought judge and he will rule the way he is told. He needed to retire YEARS ago and his neighbors are sickened by the way he conducted his home with the GOB's coming and going and all without regard to the neighbors flaunting their faux authority.
Lake County Resident

Newark, CA

#22 Aug 29, 2009
lenny wrote:
I don't believe the County of Lake has ever seen a woman on the bench....this is LONG overdue.
Take a deep breath guys...you can do this :):)
Yes..we did have a lady judge about 20 years ago..
sorry, can't remember her name...great lady.
Jeff

AOL

#23 Aug 29, 2009
A fair judge is a good judge not somebody that can send people to prison the most or the fastest just to make the D.A. happy and i dont know how somebody (a judge mann) can send people to prison for doing the very same thing that he does over and over again once he is off the bench can he come back for special cases and will he finally go to jail the next time he gets pulled over for drunk driving or do we have to wait for him to kill somebody
Provocateur

Sacramento, CA

#24 Aug 29, 2009
lenny wrote:
I don't believe the County of Lake has ever seen a woman on the bench....this is LONG overdue.
Take a deep breath guys...you can do this :):)
What about Judge Betty Irwin in 84 ?
Provocateur

Sacramento, CA

#25 Aug 29, 2009
A killing by LE is no guarantee of justice. Lynn Thornton, Ryan Williams, Charles Craft, Keith Drum, William (Bill) C. Keeton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kelseyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Konocti Harbor Inn purchased (Dec '09) 18 hr not likely 86
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Fri BLINDWAY 1,207
Review: Konocti Computers Of Lake County, CA - ... (Mar '14) Mar 18 Shayla 14
News Inside Lakeporta s successful clothing stores Mar 17 the Fear tator 4
Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or he... (Nov '10) Mar 15 CV Prince 6
News From Russia with love Mar 14 Cassandra_ 1
News Lake County, federal agents a Nail the Mailera Mar 1 Near and Far 1
Kelseyville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kelseyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]