First Prev
of 4
Next Last
zobo34

Carrollton, TX

#1 May 23, 2007
Hello,

Has anyone had an unfair experience with the Keller police?
laura adams-jenkins

Dallas, TX

#2 May 24, 2007
Haven't had an unfair or unpleasant experience with the Keller police but I would like to comment on the Euless Police Department's investigation of my son's intoxication manslaughter case. My son is Roy Adams Jr. who was involved in an accident that resulted in the death of Grapevine Police Officer Darren Medlin. We believe our son had an epilepsy seizure and have developed a website -- choose2question.com -- to share his story. On the website are several videos including one from the dashboard camera of a female Euless police officer. She was the first police officer to interact with my son. She testified at my son's trial that she turned the video camera off as she came upon my son; that's what she always does.."muscle memory." She also testified that he slurred, almost ran into traffic and smelled like alcohol. If you view the video, you will find some strangeness with her video: 1 - the tracking numbers are not in sequence (they should be); 2 - she stopped earlier in the evening and you see her outside her vehicle speaking to a motorist and 3 -from the time she says she turned off her video until it comes back on again the next day, there is time missing off her tape. This tragic accident is such a hearbreaking story. I encourage all to visit the website " choose2question.com " because the behavior by the female Euless police officer is just one very, very questionable action taken by law enforcement officers and the Tarrant County criminal justice group. I have great concerns about the Euless Police Department's handling of my son's case, especially the officer I just referenced. In addition, I live maybe 2 miles from this police department. If I am in need of assistance/help, I can't imagine calling this group. I can only imagine what their response might be.
gibson

United States

#3 May 25, 2007
zobo34 wrote:
Hello,
Has anyone had an unfair experience with the Keller police?
absolutely,- know alot of other who have as well. they've been out of control for years. Fascism's finest!
gibson

United States

#4 May 25, 2007
zobo34 wrote:
Hello,
Has anyone had an unfair experience with the Keller police?
many times
Karin

AOL

#5 May 25, 2007
We are moving to Keller. Can you tell us what is going on? What we should be aware of? And why?
Thank you
resident

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6 May 30, 2007
to Karen - 1. if you have a teenager who drives, save your money - they will be watched very closely and stopped often. Tickets and fines follow. 2. if you live in North East Keller - expect to be ignored. 3. if you want to travel aroun the town, good luck figuring out the different speed limits. Always stick to under 30, because the posted limits seem to change constantly. 4. Like being followed? Welcome to Keller, where the police like to follow you for miles to see if your nerves give way to panic. 5. got your car stolen or broken into? Good luck getting an officer to respond with a police report number - it just doesn't happen becuase property damage is low priority it seems against the high number of DUI arrests that the Keller force takes so much pride in.
Karin

AOL

#7 May 31, 2007
resident wrote:
to Karen - 1. if you have a teenager who drives, save your money - they will be watched very closely and stopped often. Tickets and fines follow. 2. if you live in North East Keller - expect to be ignored. 3. if you want to travel aroun the town, good luck figuring out the different speed limits. Always stick to under 30, because the posted limits seem to change constantly. 4. Like being followed? Welcome to Keller, where the police like to follow you for miles to see if your nerves give way to panic. 5. got your car stolen or broken into? Good luck getting an officer to respond with a police report number - it just doesn't happen becuase property damage is low priority it seems against the high number of DUI arrests that the Keller force takes so much pride in.
Thank you very much for the information. Do they just follow people of a certain race? Or is it everyone?
Theluckyone

United States

#8 Jun 12, 2007
Its funny, I read this post every now and then and keep seeing Mrs. Laura Adams-Jenkins trying to rescue her son. So I went to your site and looked some articals up on the internet.

Mrs. Jenkins I'm all for standing by your children and loving them no matter what. I do my children, but I also let them accept the consequences of their decisions. Especially the ones they make fully knowing what the consequenses can be. Like when my son got his first speeding ticket. I let him pay it. I have looked at your website and read some articles I found on the net on the case before I decided to post this. Your son was DRUNK! He took the life of a young man with a wife and 2 little girls. Jesus women open your eyes.

From what I have read there seems that there was a trucker following for several miles all ready reporting him to be driving drunk. Yet you mention nothing of that on your website? If it was a seizure he would have crashed long before. He admitted he had been drinking. Everyone knows what can happen if you drink and then drive. He took his chances and murdered someone. LET HIM TAKE HIS PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN. Stop making excuses for him.

That's the problem with the world today. Nobody will take responsibility for their actions. I suppose you think Paris Hilton should not serve jail time because she has a "medical condition". Right? Or you balme it on the cops not having anything better to do when you get a ticket. It wasn’t the fact that you were pressing the gas pedal. I would bet you a million dollars that if it was your son that was hit and killed that you would be out for blood and not making excuses for that person. Or would you say I know you had been drinking because you said you had been but I'm sure the lights made you have a seizure.

Let your son accept the consequences for the choice he made. Drinking and Driving! Your not going to convince anyone that he had a seizure, why you ask? Because he didn't! A jury, not the police or attorneys found your son guilty. Open your eyes! Your son is lucky enough to get to live reguardless of his recklessness, there are many familys out there that don't get the luxury. Pray for your son. Pray that he will learn his lesson and use this experience for something positive in the future. I will.

Oh and in your last post you talk about the officers video. Let me ask you this. Is that your son? Are those his words? Was he involved in that accident? Who the hell cares what the numbers on the video show or what sections are missing. Thats the most retarded thing you've said yet.

p.s. for you who want to know about the Keller police, its real easy. DON'T BREAK THE LAW!
zobo34

Carrollton, TX

#9 Jun 12, 2007
Theluckyone wrote:
Its funny, I read this post every now and then and keep seeing Mrs. Laura Adams-Jenkins trying to rescue her son. So I went to your site and looked some articals up on the internet.
Mrs. Jenkins I'm all for standing by your children and loving them no matter what. I do my children, but I also let them accept the consequences of their decisions. Especially the ones they make fully knowing what the consequenses can be. Like when my son got his first speeding ticket. I let him pay it. I have looked at your website and read some articles I found on the net on the case before I decided to post this. Your son was DRUNK! He took the life of a young man with a wife and 2 little girls. Jesus women open your eyes.
From what I have read there seems that there was a trucker following for several miles all ready reporting him to be driving drunk. Yet you mention nothing of that on your website? If it was a seizure he would have crashed long before. He admitted he had been drinking. Everyone knows what can happen if you drink and then drive. He took his chances and murdered someone. LET HIM TAKE HIS PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN. Stop making excuses for him.
That's the problem with the world today. Nobody will take responsibility for their actions. I suppose you think Paris Hilton should not serve jail time because she has a "medical condition". Right? Or you balme it on the cops not having anything better to do when you get a ticket. It wasn’t the fact that you were pressing the gas pedal. I would bet you a million dollars that if it was your son that was hit and killed that you would be out for blood and not making excuses for that person. Or would you say I know you had been drinking because you said you had been but I'm sure the lights made you have a seizure.
Let your son accept the consequences for the choice he made. Drinking and Driving! Your not going to convince anyone that he had a seizure, why you ask? Because he didn't! A jury, not the police or attorneys found your son guilty. Open your eyes! Your son is lucky enough to get to live reguardless of his recklessness, there are many familys out there that don't get the luxury. Pray for your son. Pray that he will learn his lesson and use this experience for something positive in the future. I will.
Oh and in your last post you talk about the officers video. Let me ask you this. Is that your son? Are those his words? Was he involved in that accident? Who the hell cares what the numbers on the video show or what sections are missing. Thats the most retarded thing you've said yet.
p.s. for you who want to know about the Keller police, its real easy. DON'T BREAK THE LAW!
theluckyone

Let me guess you are either a cop or a catholic priest??
zobo34

Carrollton, TX

#10 Jun 12, 2007
Theluckyone wrote:
Its funny, I read this post every now and then and keep seeing Mrs. Laura Adams-Jenkins trying to rescue her son. So I went to your site and looked some articals up on the internet.
Mrs. Jenkins I'm all for standing by your children and loving them no matter what. I do my children, but I also let them accept the consequences of their decisions. Especially the ones they make fully knowing what the consequenses can be. Like when my son got his first speeding ticket. I let him pay it. I have looked at your website and read some articles I found on the net on the case before I decided to post this. Your son was DRUNK! He took the life of a young man with a wife and 2 little girls. Jesus women open your eyes.
From what I have read there seems that there was a trucker following for several miles all ready reporting him to be driving drunk. Yet you mention nothing of that on your website? If it was a seizure he would have crashed long before. He admitted he had been drinking. Everyone knows what can happen if you drink and then drive. He took his chances and murdered someone. LET HIM TAKE HIS PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN. Stop making excuses for him.
That's the problem with the world today. Nobody will take responsibility for their actions. I suppose you think Paris Hilton should not serve jail time because she has a "medical condition". Right? Or you balme it on the cops not having anything better to do when you get a ticket. It wasn’t the fact that you were pressing the gas pedal. I would bet you a million dollars that if it was your son that was hit and killed that you would be out for blood and not making excuses for that person. Or would you say I know you had been drinking because you said you had been but I'm sure the lights made you have a seizure.
Let your son accept the consequences for the choice he made. Drinking and Driving! Your not going to convince anyone that he had a seizure, why you ask? Because he didn't! A jury, not the police or attorneys found your son guilty. Open your eyes! Your son is lucky enough to get to live reguardless of his recklessness, there are many familys out there that don't get the luxury. Pray for your son. Pray that he will learn his lesson and use this experience for something positive in the future. I will.
Oh and in your last post you talk about the officers video. Let me ask you this. Is that your son? Are those his words? Was he involved in that accident? Who the hell cares what the numbers on the video show or what sections are missing. Thats the most retarded thing you've said yet.
p.s. for you who want to know about the Keller police, its real easy. DON'T BREAK THE LAW!
Give the lady a break any parent would fight for their children!
Theluckyone

United States

#11 Jun 12, 2007

Nope not a cop or a priest:), Just someone who hates seeing people not taking responsibility for their actions. I have no problem fighting for your child, but there has to be a point when you say "you know what, they where were wrong, they did wrong and they need to own up and take the consequences". Not make excuses for what they have done.

Everyone knows (even 1st graders) that drinking and driving is illegal and it is illegal for a reason. So innocent people do not get killed. Her son went out drinking and admitted he had been drinking, he then chose to get in his car and drive home. Its sad that because of his stupidity one man is dead and a wife has no husband and 2 little girls have no father yet in a few years he'll get to live his life as normal. In my opinion he should be there for life.
slow down

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2007
ihave found most people in keller are spoiled and drive like crap. keep up the great work keller PD. the people getting tickets slow down and STOP YOUR WINING
gina medlin

Arlington, TX

#13 Jun 19, 2007
thank you the luckyone. and as for zobo34.. we fight for our children. but making up excuses for their wrongful action is wrong. do you have children. yes you would stick by them as I have everyday... my children are with out Darren, drinking and driving is deadly and this was Roys choice. he is only serving 12 and half years for murdering my husband and my children have life. I have to explain this to them all the time. Roy will get to go home and we won't be home with Darren until... As My daughter says it when we hear the trumpet as her daddy did. it is hurts when some one says as Roy did I did cause the death of Officer Darren Medlin but I was not drunk.... he lied his level of alcohol at the time his blood was drawn was .11 @ 3:30 am, he refused to do the sobriety test at the site and in jail. he refused twice.. this is hard for my family to accept Laura Putting her website where it is not wanted. Seizures he claimed he was calling 911 after he hit and killed darren. watch his seizure video he was out of it... if he had a seizure he would not have been able to make a call. plus he looked at his car and made a statement to 911 that his car was all F up. no more excuses she needs to accept that her son took my husband life and admit to drinking and accept it. I have to everyday I look at my children.
gina medlin

Arlington, TX

#14 Jun 20, 2007
gina medlin

Arlington, TX

#15 Jun 20, 2007
since I lost Darren.. he will always be remembered. open the new law I have been helping to pass. and it did this year

http://64.233.167.104/search?q =cache:QnF8hKl4PAkJ:www.legis. state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billte xt/html/HB01212I.htm+house+bil l+1212+darren+medlin+dwayne+fr eeto&hl=en&ct=clnk &cd=3&gl=us
DRE OFFICER

Sevierville, TN

#16 Oct 20, 2007
I am a retired police officer.
Bottom line: The DWI offender mentioned above tested above the .08
Botom line he killed a person, not mention an officer trying to take drunks off your street to keep you safe.
Doesnt matter what type of medical condition his family claims, botom line he drove while legally intoxicated. He made that chose to drive and now an officer paid the ultimate price. If you son had been killed by a drunk would feel the sentence was enough, not to mention if it was your husband working to make you streets safer?
I have extensive training in DWI and I am in fact an instructor. I could go into a lot of details here that would convince you the suspect made a very bad choice but i wont do that. I just want to point out he made the choice to drive drunk. How do i know that by his blood alcohol level. Was it proven in court that it was .08 or higher? "YES" End of story so quit complaining about you damn son in jail and start caring about the family he devastated. You still have your son, the other family lost a husband, a father and the city of grapevine lost a warrior and a hero. Maybe an apology would be nice than trying to justify your sons ignorance and stupidity. Obviously you love your son and will always jave his back, but maybe if you taught you son that their are penalties for bad actions maybe the police officer would be alive and your son wouldnt be a convicted felon. I dont feel your son was given a long enough sentence and even the new law isnt long enough. You drink and drive you auto should be considered a weapon. But at least your son will forever be a convicted felon. Atleast for now your son cant drive. The streets are safe from him for a little while. I hope and pray that when he does get out he doesnt drive anymore. Gina - I didnt know you husband but im sorry for your loss. I drove past the T/C shortly after it happened. For the mother - your the luck one. Oh by the way seizures dont cause your BA Level to be .11 So even if your son had a seizure, why was his BA level .11? Please explain his BA level to me. He dreamed he had been drinking alcohol? Have some respect - admit your son is a killer and maybe go out and talk to others about what happens and how you feel that you gave birth to a drunk and a killer. Who did your son learn from that its ok to drink and drive? Obviously he is an adult. Let him live the rest of his adult live knowing he was a killer. Help him acknowledge the fact that he is and always will be a killer. There is no changing that fact - no matter how hard mommy tries to change that.
RockTheBoat

AOL

#17 Oct 21, 2007
DRE OFFICER wrote:
I am a retired police officer.
Bottom line: The DWI offender mentioned above tested above the .08
Botom line he killed a person, not mention an officer trying to take drunks off your street to keep you safe.
Doesnt matter what type of medical condition his family claims, botom line he drove while legally intoxicated. He made that chose to drive and now an officer paid the ultimate price. If you son had been killed by a drunk would feel the sentence was enough, not to mention if it was your husband working to make you streets safer?
I have extensive training in DWI and I am in fact an instructor. I could go into a lot of details here that would convince you the suspect made a very bad choice but i wont do that. I just want to point out he made the choice to drive drunk. How do i know that by his blood alcohol level. Was it proven in court that it was .08 or higher? "YES" End of story so quit complaining about you damn son in jail and start caring about the family he devastated. You still have your son, the other family lost a husband, a father and the city of grapevine lost a warrior and a hero. Maybe an apology would be nice than trying to justify your sons ignorance and stupidity. Obviously you love your son and will always jave his back, but maybe if you taught you son that their are penalties for bad actions maybe the police officer would be alive and your son wouldnt be a convicted felon. I dont feel your son was given a long enough sentence and even the new law isnt long enough. You drink and drive you auto should be considered a weapon. But at least your son will forever be a convicted felon. Atleast for now your son cant drive. The streets are safe from him for a little while. I hope and pray that when he does get out he doesnt drive anymore. Gina - I didnt know you husband but im sorry for your loss. I drove past the T/C shortly after it happened. For the mother - your the luck one. Oh by the way seizures dont cause your BA Level to be .11 So even if your son had a seizure, why was his BA level .11? Please explain his BA level to me. He dreamed he had been drinking alcohol? Have some respect - admit your son is a killer and maybe go out and talk to others about what happens and how you feel that you gave birth to a drunk and a killer. Who did your son learn from that its ok to drink and drive? Obviously he is an adult. Let him live the rest of his adult live knowing he was a killer. Help him acknowledge the fact that he is and always will be a killer. There is no changing that fact - no matter how hard mommy tries to change that.
I always try to observe all the facts before I respond and in this case....I'm sorry for the mother of the man who killed the police officer, I know it has probably been very difficult.....however, I'm more sorry that the police officer who lost his life, left behind two children and a wife who loved him deeply.....no excuses here, maybe he did have a seizure, but it doesn't change the fact he was driving a vehicle DRUNK! Any way you slice it....you can't change that and you can't bring that poor police officer who was just doing his job, back. It's done, accept the consequences of his crime.

Keller, Texas
laura adams-jenkins

Dallas, TX

#21 Oct 22, 2007
Rock the Boat and DRE Officer - I appreciate your comments and thoughts. Our family will always has empathy and sorrow for the Medlin family. A horrible, horrible accident happened. My son's 25 year old first cousin was killed in a horrible, horrible automobile accident on his way home from work. Our family knows pain, too.

What I have presented on choose2question.com are facts...irrefutable! The documents cited exist; the quotes presented are fact; the videos were provided by the state.

We will continue to fight for truth in my son's case. I would encourage you to go to choose2question.com --read what is presented, look at the vidoes. If you have any questions about what is presented, I would be happy to respond to them.

Respectfully,

Laura Adams-Jenkins
Proud Mother of Roy Adams Jr.
ddo

Dallas, TX

#22 Oct 28, 2007
my work is in keller. i have worked in keller for the past 8 years. normally i keep the sort of normal 7-5pm day; however, many times i have worked (and still do) until 2am, 3am, or 4am before heading home to the HEB area. that means that i have to pass though keller, southlake, north richland hills, and parts of colleyville. i have never had a problem with being pulled over. i go the speed limit. i have been followed before for a few miles. cops have turned around and spend up right to the back of my car, but since i have not done anything i do not worry about getting pulled over.

i do not know why people bitch about that. if a cop is not around you bitch, if one is around you bitch. someone runs a red light, cuts you off, or speeds by you you want a cop to give them a ticket, but it if you are the one doing it then the cops is a bad person for doing their job. oh, and the speed limits are not hard to figure out. the are posted - hang up the freaking phones, and pay attention.
Casey

Plano, TX

#23 Nov 1, 2007
laura adams-jenkins wrote:
Haven't had an unfair or unpleasant experience with the Keller police but I would like to comment on the Euless Police Department's investigation of my son's intoxication manslaughter case. My son is Roy Adams Jr. who was involved in an accident that resulted in the death of Grapevine Police Officer Darren Medlin. We believe our son had an epilepsy seizure and have developed a website -- choose2question.com -- to share his story. On the website are several videos including one from the dashboard camera of a female Euless police officer. She was the first police officer to interact with my son. She testified at my son's trial that she turned the video camera off as she came upon my son; that's what she always does.."muscle memory." She also testified that he slurred, almost ran into traffic and smelled like alcohol. If you view the video, you will find some strangeness with her video: 1 - the tracking numbers are not in sequence (they should be); 2 - she stopped earlier in the evening and you see her outside her vehicle speaking to a motorist and 3 -from the time she says she turned off her video until it comes back on again the next day, there is time missing off her tape. This tragic accident is such a hearbreaking story. I encourage all to visit the website " choose2question.com " because the behavior by the female Euless police officer is just one very, very questionable action taken by law enforcement officers and the Tarrant County criminal justice group. I have great concerns about the Euless Police Department's handling of my son's case, especially the officer I just referenced. In addition, I live maybe 2 miles from this police department. If I am in need of assistance/help, I can't imagine calling this group. I can only imagine what their response might be.
If your son had epilepsy, we did you let him go out and drink and drive? Shouldn't he be punished for having a high bac and killing a man, taking someone's life. Maybe your son needs to be punished to learn it was not okay to drink and drive. It was not okay if he had a "medical condition" to be out at 3a.m. and drinking. Maybe the lady police officer did not even think about her camera when she saw a fallen officer. Not matter what, he should not have been drinking, if he had a condition. And it is not safe to drink and drive. Your son is in jail, that woman will NEVER see her husband again. You should be right beside you son, since you choose to ignore the facts and did not teach your son right and wrong. Even if he had a medical condition, it was your job as a parent to teach him.!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arm our schools! Fri Swcook 1
News Police: Haltom City arson suspect was angry abo... (Jul '08) May 3 corey 30
*New*Looking For Chad Isaacs Redemption Apr '18 CuriousMove 5
Truant Grandchild What can be done? Who can help? Apr '18 Anonymous 1
News Paying red-light camera ticket can be tricky (Oct '09) Apr '18 rrr 32
Shooting in NRH TX sept 24th around 10PM wakefi... (Sep '11) Mar '18 Sak 56
Review: Crystal Diane Meehan Feb '18 crystal 2

Keller Jobs

Personal Finance

Keller Mortgages