Burglar slain by off-duty Keller firefighter identified

Sep 21, 2011 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 117

A 21-year-old suspected burglar fatally shot by a Keller firefighter Monday was identified Wednesday as Richard Spiers of Saginaw.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Andrea

Round Lake, IL

#109 Oct 19, 2011
big bad john wrote:
<quoted text> Yeaa I can nearly here you screaming from my computer. Dear god is that all you women do these days and cry and scream. Thank god i ,am not married! Are you really sure your other family members doesn,t have a record? How do we know that? Also just in case you get any ideals of getting revenge on any of these clowns on here that is also breaking the law. Little lady you can,t change the past as it,s already past.
No not screaming lol, no I don't seek revenge haha not only is it breaking the law it's just stupid. Sure some people in my family have criminal records as I'm sure some members of your family do. One bad grape doesn't spoil the bunch!
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#110 Oct 19, 2011
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
No not screaming lol, no I don't seek revenge haha not only is it breaking the law it's just stupid. Sure some people in my family have criminal records as I'm sure some members of your family do. One bad grape doesn't spoil the bunch!
Well I assume your talking about relatives included right? Yes I have some cousins that got into trouble when they were younger now and then but they were miner problems. Most of it was drugs. Yes did a little stealing as well but never got as far as breaking into a house. At least I don,t think so, if so they never got caught. Yes that is correct one bad grape doesn,t spoil the hole bunch. But you will never get no-where trying to explaine to some of these goofballs on here. I do know this breaking into a mans home and being armed leads to self defence. And even if not armed this castle law allows them to shoot. I myself doesn,t agree to the law but thats the way it is. To me shooting a person should only done on self defence. Gosh I just hope and hope that the baby somehow finds a way to grow up the right way and does not follow in his footsteps. Now as for my brother and me and my parents not a single one of us has ever gotton into trouble. But yes I had an uncle that spent time in prision and I had cousins that got into miner trouble.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#111 Oct 19, 2011
D_Caf wrote:
Richard won't be robbing or harming anyone ever again. David will go on saving lives. This ended well.
Ended well? No I don,t think this really ended well pal and I wished it would have ended a different way and i,am sure the fireman wished it would have ended in a better way as well. I don,t call a person loosing there life as something to celebrate. Not aparently this appears to be a case of self defence so david was within the law to shoot him. If this guy would have been some cerial killer Then I would agree that it ended well. But this guy wasn,t. He was crimnal and probly would have turned for the wrost within time but he was no killer. His record was pretty long. He had a baby at the end so just maybe by chance he would have grew up sooner are later and would have changed his life around. I don,t call this a celebration my freind I really don,t and i,am sure david doesn,t call it celebration either. And besides there are still some loose ends on this thing that we would all like to know..
I have questions

Round Lake, IL

#112 Oct 22, 2011
Why this fireman's house and why rob it in day light?

How many bullets were shot? One? Two? Three? Four? Five?

Enough to stop a person or enough to silence a person?
I have MORE questions

Round Lake, IL

#113 Oct 22, 2011
WOW!!! HOW MANY TIMES WAS HE SHOT?!!! DID HE NEED TO BE SHOT THIS MANY TIMES? THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY -- WILL THE TRUTH BE TOLD?

From the Star-Telegram:

"Spiers died from multiple gunshot wounds to his thorax, abdomen and upper extremities, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/21/33852...
Justice Served

Reston, VA

#114 Oct 23, 2011
Why is everyone fussing over this? Richie the armed robber got what he deserved. Richie should have thought about his daughter before he took on a life of crime. You nutjobs act like the criminal is the innocent one. The fact is your innocent richie the armed robber wasn't so innocent. Justice served.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#115 Oct 23, 2011
I have questions wrote:
Why this fireman's house and why rob it in day light?
How many bullets were shot? One? Two? Three? Four? Five?
Enough to stop a person or enough to silence a person?
He was armed you endless twit. What do you expect? And if there was more shots fired then richi must have fired back. This is self defence. Nobody likes to shoot anyone but he defently had no choice in this case you fool.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#116 Oct 23, 2011
I have MORE questions wrote:
WOW!!! HOW MANY TIMES WAS HE SHOT?!!! DID HE NEED TO BE SHOT THIS MANY TIMES? THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY -- WILL THE TRUTH BE TOLD?
From the Star-Telegram:
"Spiers died from multiple gunshot wounds to his thorax, abdomen and upper extremities, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office."
Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/21/33852...
Go take your questions pal and shove them up your big butt. It is sad that richi choose to live his life like that and they he left behind a baby. He busted into a firemans home and he was armed! If he was shot more times then I assume this richi guy had fired back at him forcing him to shoot more times. The fact is he should not have done this in the first place! He was armed. So the turth has been told. There is no thrill are ceberation out of killing nobody but he was armed and dangious.
How many bullets

Round Lake, IL

#117 Oct 23, 2011
People that don't like questions are trying to hide something. If Rich was armed, why was the fireman not shot? Sounds like the fireman didn't want him to survive.
How many bullets

Round Lake, IL

#118 Oct 23, 2011
big bad john wrote:
<quoted text> Go take your questions pal and shove them up your big butt. It is sad that richi choose to live his life like that and they he left behind a baby. He busted into a firemans home and he was armed! If he was shot more times then I assume this richi guy had fired back at him forcing him to shoot more times. The fact is he should not have done this in the first place! He was armed. So the turth has been told. There is no thrill are ceberation out of killing nobody but he was armed and dangious.
big bad john, you protest too much, sound like you don't want the facts to come out. What are you so afraid of anyway? If Rich was armed, how many times was the fireman shot? ZERO, yet Rich was shot how many times? Can we get a real number of how many bullets went into him? I mean, personally, one shot to the leg would have been enough, right?..long enough to get the police to the house. Yet the fireman felt it necessary to shoot him in the abdomen, upper extremities, in his throat, probably more places....curious if there were any bullets in Rich' back? Something is fishy whether you like hearing questions or not, we should continue to ask.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#119 Oct 23, 2011
How many bullets wrote:
<quoted text>
big bad john, you protest too much, sound like you don't want the facts to come out. What are you so afraid of anyway? If Rich was armed, how many times was the fireman shot? ZERO, yet Rich was shot how many times? Can we get a real number of how many bullets went into him? I mean, personally, one shot to the leg would have been enough, right?..long enough to get the police to the house. Yet the fireman felt it necessary to shoot him in the abdomen, upper extremities, in his throat, probably more places....curious if there were any bullets in Rich' back? Something is fishy whether you like hearing questions or not, we should continue to ask.
Mr bullets you are a nuckel head has anybody ever told you that? Your starting to sound like your guilty of something? That is up to the police to decide. As I said I,am sure they are investagting it. YOu nim-witt I have told you over and over that richi was armed. Now as for me hiding something? My freind I don,t live clost to there area and I don,t know that fireman are that family that lived closed to them. Now go hire yourself a private I.
question

Round Lake, IL

#120 Oct 23, 2011
big bad john wrote:
<quoted text> Mr bullets you are a nuckel head has anybody ever told you that? Your starting to sound like your guilty of something? That is up to the police to decide. As I said I,am sure they are investagting it. YOu nim-witt I have told you over and over that richi was armed. Now as for me hiding something? My freind I don,t live clost to there area and I don,t know that fireman are that family that lived closed to them. Now go hire yourself a private I.
big bad john: Calling people names and trying to intimidate them is not going to stop people from asking questions. If Richard was armed why did he get shot so many times and no harm came to the fire man? If you don't know the fire man or family why are you trying to make yourself to be the expert on this.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#121 Oct 23, 2011
question wrote:
<quoted text>
big bad john: Calling people names and trying to intimidate them is not going to stop people from asking questions. If Richard was armed why did he get shot so many times and no harm came to the fire man? If you don't know the fire man or family why are you trying to make yourself to be the expert on this.
My fellow freind I,am sure the police are looking into this. You nuts probly have a mile long wrap sheet record youself right? All I know is we have a armed burgular busting into a mans house. Therefore it,s a case of self defence. Now as to why he was shot so many times will be up for the investagaters to decide. Just think if he wouldn,t have done this it wouldn,t have happened right?
Concerned Citizen

Jacksboro, TX

#123 Oct 24, 2011
There is more to the story than meets the eye...Maybe someone can explain to me why someone would burglarize a home in the middle of the afternoon with neighbors all around and park their car in the driveway of said home...that doesn't make sense...A life should have and could have been spared...I know Rich was a troubled kid...he made some bad choices but he shouldn't have paid for those choices with his life.
big bad john

North Richland Hills, TX

#124 Oct 24, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
There is more to the story than meets the eye...Maybe someone can explain to me why someone would burglarize a home in the middle of the afternoon with neighbors all around and park their car in the driveway of said home...that doesn't make sense...A life should have and could have been spared...I know Rich was a troubled kid...he made some bad choices but he shouldn't have paid for those choices with his life.
I don,t know why you nuts keep popping up on this forum. How long of a wrap sheet record do you have? This fireman was a great well known loved person my freind. He broke into his home armed. Have you ever heard of self defence? Now there is a question that does remain and that is the fact of why he was shot so many times. The investagaters will do that and they are working on the case right now because that is there job. They don,t get on a topix forum and keep you up to date about stuff like this. He was defently a crimnal my freind and he did have a long record. True sad that he had to have been killed but why didn,t he think of this before he busted into a home??? Now the questions that are wondered about were be investagated fully. Now there is nothing further that you are your stupid freinds can do about this. Until then shut up and go whine about this on the ft.worth topix forum..
Devin Robertson

Sherman, TX

#125 Dec 9, 2011
I have MORE questions wrote:
WOW!!! HOW MANY TIMES WAS HE SHOT?!!! DID HE NEED TO BE SHOT THIS MANY TIMES? THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY -- WILL THE TRUTH BE TOLD?
The truth has been told, ad infinitum: the burglar got shot in the act. Case closed. You Illinois/yankee-trash need to go pound sand, nobody gives a flying you-know-what about your questions.
Meg

Macomb, IL

#126 Feb 15, 2012
Happy Birhtday Richie! You are gone but not forgotten. We Love You! <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fossilfarts 549
Fire damages Cullen Davis' home in Colleyville (May '08) 6 hr Big bad john 13
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 15 hr Fossilfarts 749
This is actually pretty cool. Nov 24 Courtraye 1
train noise (Feb '12) Nov 18 CityGal 25
Debate: Marijuana - Keller, TX (Sep '10) Nov 12 One for it 39
The Future is Disappearing by The Koyal Group I... Nov 5 Bad butt Johnny 2

Keller News Video

Keller Dating
Find my Match

Keller People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keller News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keller

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:02 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:02PM
Josh Brent not expected to play this week
Yahoo! Sports 1:04 PM
Texans' Mallett done, Fitzpatrick starts
Bleacher Report 1:20 PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
Bleacher Report 5:21 PM
Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Giants Rookie Record for 100-Yard Games