Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 31
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
asr

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why can't Keller have quiet zones like Watauga, Fort Worth and many other cities . We have had a large increase in the amount of trains passing through our city and the noise is out of hand. If you live near 1700 or Bear Creek Parkway close to 377 you are hearing trains for at least three intersections which can be from 3 to 4 minutes of noise pollution 24/7. Many times trains go by three to four times an hour. Why won't Keller consider the quality of life for our citizens ?
Woodall Rodgers

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

...because most of the homeowners live in houses that were built recently. The train tracks have been there a hundred years. Why would you move next to a train track and then complain?
memyselfni

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

does anyone remember that train a few weeks to a month ago that was going like 5 mph and took literally 30 MINUTES to pass??? wtf was that creeped me out
asr

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Woodall Rodgers wrote:
...because most of the homeowners live in houses that were built recently. The train tracks have been there a hundred years. Why would you move next to a train track and then complain?
I know the trains are there but I'm asking (and so many others too) to make silent crossings . We have flashing lights and arms across the track, that is enough. Why do the people on Fort Worth and Watauga get the benefit of quiet intersections but Keller residents don't.
anonymous

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Quiet zones are dangerous, flashing lights and crossing arms are not 100% reliable! The train tracks were there before most of the homes, you knew that when you bought the home - live with it or move!
Geez

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

The quiet zone in Watauga is useless. It's ignored. So don't feel bad. There is no benefit to a quiet zone in Keller/FW/Watauga.
Anonymous - don't get so cocky. Not everyone who has bought a house here did so because it's such a fantastic place to live. There are all kinds of reasons that people may have to live in this area. And it's not so simple to pack up and move. Especially when you have a family to worry about.
Have some compassion.
asr

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

anonymous wrote:
Quiet zones are dangerous, flashing lights and crossing arms are not 100% reliable! The train tracks were there before most of the homes, you knew that when you bought the home - live with it or move!
OK, would you like to purchase my home? The trains come through at least twice as much as they used to.
To much train noise

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 18, 2012
 
I live at 377 and Wall Price. Come on conductor!!!! The horn is suppose to warn of a train coming right??? Well he pulls it about 5-6 times even after he has passed the intersection!!! really ??? So freaking annoying...what do we have to do to quite this? Petition??? Tell me and I will get one started!!!
Luke

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 25, 2012
 
I think you should go to door and get a petition signed and give it to Mitt, he promises BS to every in America.
OC to the D

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Woodall Rodgers wrote:
...because most of the homeowners live in houses that were built recently. The train tracks have been there a hundred years. Why would you move next to a train track and then complain?
Ha ha ha...right? People will complain about anything. If you wanted peace and quiet you should have bought a house in the sticks.
OC to the D

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Geez wrote:
The quiet zone in Watauga is useless. It's ignored. So don't feel bad. There is no benefit to a quiet zone in Keller/FW/Watauga.
Anonymous - don't get so cocky. Not everyone who has bought a house here did so because it's such a fantastic place to live. There are all kinds of reasons that people may have to live in this area. And it's not so simple to pack up and move. Especially when you have a family to worry about.
Have some compassion.
Am I hearing excuses or results? Don't tell me where you bought a house is anything else other than what you wanted. You choose to live there, so deal with all it has or doesn't have to offer.
Moving with a family can be done. I moved here with my husband and our 18 month old twins almost 2 yrs ago from Ca so it can be done. Quit your griping, trains have to run and blow their whistle. Sometimes there are other reasons to blow a whistle than just to piss you off.
william

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

asr wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the trains are there but I'm asking (and so many others too) to make silent crossings . We have flashing lights and arms across the track, that is enough. Why do the people on Fort Worth and Watauga get the benefit of quiet intersections but Keller residents don't.
I totally agree. We have flashing lights and arms that come down at every intersection. This is enouh for any half way intelligent person to know they need to stop because a train is coming. If you are not smart enough to stop you deserve to be run over by train. Its time to pull together and get the City of Keller to pass a Quite Zone. At a minimum from 10 at night to 8 in the morning. What are the next steps? Does anyone know?
william

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

We need to start the petition to have the City of Keller to pass an ordinance to have Quiet Zones for trains along 377 and any other neighborhoods with tracks running by it. My quality of life is horrible since I built a beautiful house in Marshall Ridge in Keller. What are the next steps to start this process? Anyone know?
Obxluvr

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 20, 2013
 
My husband and I are building a house off Keller-Haslet near the Buddhist temples. We sat in the car for 2 hours four different times to see how often the trains go by- well it was ALOT. We couldn't really hear the train, just the whistle blowing about 5-6 times. Is the overnight traffic as much as the daytime?
Shrini

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 29, 2013
 
Hi , I am First time home buyer , I still gathering information on how this community at Marshall Ridge . I heard it is good except the fact the train horns are annoying. Will it be same forever or anyone think this will change soon ? This will surely influence myu decision in buying home up there . Please share anything you know on those lines. thanks to all
MR T

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 30, 2013
 
william wrote:
We need to start the petition to have the City of Keller to pass an ordinance to have Quiet Zones for trains along 377 and any other neighborhoods with tracks running by it. My quality of life is horrible since I built a beautiful house in Marshall Ridge in Keller. What are the next steps to start this process? Anyone know?
I agree 100 percent I just moved to Marshall ridge two days ago and the noise is so annoying especially late hrs I the night. My agent told me they just got something passed not sure if that's the truth or when it will take affect.
D-Nice

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I would be more than happy to support a quiet zone petition. I purchased a home in Keller without knowing the frequency or noise of the train traffic. I'm guessing 20+ trains travel by over the course of 24 hours with some of the conductors steadily sounding their horn for 2+ minutes in the middle of the night. Please let me know what to do next.
Irritated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 18, 2013
 
Woodall Rodgers wrote:
...because most of the homeowners live in houses that were built recently. The train tracks have been there a hundred years. Why would you move next to a train track and then complain?
Per your argument, then we couldn't build houses in most places without expecting train noise pollution and just dealing with it. Is it really to be expected that no new homes should be built without the acceptance of train noise pollution? Trains are not localized; tracks are everywhere.
Kelly

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 18, 2014
 
Actually some of us did not know that fact I Actually just moved here recently and had no idea how bad the train noice is in keller especially at night. How are you suppose to know that when you relocate and don't get the chance to sleep over before you buy? My house was not cheap and the train noice keeps me up every night and I agree with the other post, it is utter ridiculous that the horn blows and blows late at night. How many cars are our at 2am anyway!!!!! Please stop blowing horn conductor. We hear you already!
didyouknow

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 23, 2014
 
Keller has 3 definite train crossings in the city limits...
The definite Keller crossings are at Keller-Hicks, Keller Pkwy, Bear Creek Pkwy.

Most of the railway is considered to be Ft Worth property...
The Westport Pkwy crossing is in the Ft Worth city limits...
Sorry Marshall Ridge residents...

The Keller Haslet crossing is possibly in Keller it is too close to tell...
The crossing at Wall-Price Keller is on the border of Keller, Ft Worth and Tarrant Co.

Almost everyone living on the WEST side of the tracks, except for those homes near Bear Creek Pkwy, really live in Ft Worth and not Keller. So they would need to be ones to petition for a change.

Good Luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Keller News Video

•••
•••

Keller Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keller People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Keller News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keller
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••