Keller ISD officials vote to save jobs

Keller ISD officials vote to save jobs

There are 4 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Keller ISD officials vote to save jobs. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

Dozens of Keller Independent School District teachers will keep their jobs. Trustees voted Monday night to retain employees for another year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

Mike

United States

#1 Jun 30, 2011
WOW.....
I'm thinking KISD should have waited to have a tax increase vote. Maybe they could have asked for less. But i'll be watching for them to take the "hint" and cut further unnecessary items from their budget.....the well is drying up folks.
Cathy D

Southlake, TX

#2 Jul 21, 2011
I'd like to see them succeed at this. Keller schools (most ranked Exemplary) are a huge selling point for moving there and staying there. With population increase comes industry, retail services, medical services, etc (e.g. jobs and convenience for quality services). You can't keep that reputation by having more kids in a classroom and hiring teachers that are willing to take less salary than other cities.

Since: Jul 11

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jul 25, 2011
I've heard many things are being cut or scaled back in the Keller ISD schools. We've started a small fund raiser for the jROTC and I guess there will be a lot of other fund raisers too this year. The schools are great and the kids are worth it!!
Rufus

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Dec 13, 2011
Cathy D wrote:
I'd like to see them succeed at this. Keller schools (most ranked Exemplary) are a huge selling point for moving there and staying there. With population increase comes industry, retail services, medical services, etc (e.g. jobs and convenience for quality services). You can't keep that reputation by having more kids in a classroom and hiring teachers that are willing to take less salary than other cities.
Thats true Cathy, and you can't blame any teacher if another ISD wants to pay them, with less students and good benefits. The Teachers ill leave, and noone will blame them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hand Crafted Jewelry-Jewelry by Fran.com Aug 22 Jewelry Fanatic 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
News Volleyball club owner in Grapevine accused of g... Aug 5 Altomere 1
News 15-year-old Debby Ryan of Keller goes out to se... (Nov '08) Aug 5 diana 33
Colleyville,Texas Murder of Anita Fox Jul '15 concerned citizen 116
Why so many homes for sale on Bristol Street? Jul '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keller Mortgages