Next Last
ghost rider

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2008
tell me whats wrong with flying a rebel flag
Southern775

AOL

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Not a thing wrong with it. It's history....Just like MLK is history for the colored folks.
ghost rider

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2008
well the shreveport police have come out and are asking people to remove them . this is no joke .
if you have one fly it with pride.
elf

Vancouver, WA

#4 Aug 8, 2008
ghost rider wrote:
I don't know exactly why, but the black people of the world are offended by the rebel flag. I think they look at it as whites being bad, racial, etc... But it's ok for them to do their "things." Wonder why that is?
Flagwaver

Vancouver, WA

#5 Aug 8, 2008
ghost rider wrote:
OK. I did some checking & what it boils down to is that the rebel flag was the flag of the south. And the negroes get mad at it because of what it stood for. It meant that the south believed in having slaves! And that's what all the flim-flam is about!
Flagflier

Vancouver, WA

#6 Aug 8, 2008
And another thing is that they, the colored people, thinks it stand for the KKK
ghost rider

United States

#7 Aug 8, 2008
i beg too differ, the flag did not stand for slavery. it was for states rights . the north wanted to tell the south what to do and how to do it. today we have the same problem there are no southern news papers owned by people of the south
(that i know of ) and they only print what they want you to know . believe nothing you read and only half of what you see. today if you fly a rebel flag you are a redneck . this is what the blacks say .I say if you have the guts to fly one today that tells me your are proud and not ashamed of where you come from .
getmoney

Thibodaux, LA

#8 Aug 9, 2008
i think rebel flags represent hate for african americans.we shall all stick together as one,and love one another,black and white.
breal

Thibodaux, LA

#9 Aug 9, 2008
i think the rebel flag does stands for kkk.because most people with a rebel flag is poor white tailer trash with their front teeth missing,and riding around in a old fucked up pickup truck.and why you always see poor white people with rebel flags and you dont see the rich ones with that shit?
cindy

Thibodaux, LA

#10 Aug 9, 2008
u right rebel flags do stand for hate.they should let the slave days go and live for 2008.
kendall

Thibodaux, LA

#11 Aug 9, 2008
why do kkk wear sheets to cover their face?be a man or woman and show your face.yall scared because you dont want black people to beat your ass.
ghost rider

Bossier City, LA

#12 Aug 9, 2008
NOT ALL FLAG FLYERS ARE HATERS I DO NOT SUPPORT THE KKK NOR WILL I . THE BLACKS HAVE SIGNS THAT STAND FOR HATE SHOULD WE BAN THEM ? THE REBEL FLAG AND THE KKK ARE TWO DIFFRENT THINGS . YES THERE ARE THOSE THAT USE THE FLAG OUT OF HATE BUT DONT JUDGE US ALL . LOOK AT HISTORY BLACKS WERE SLAVE OWNERS TOO . BLACKS FOUGHT FOR DIXIE TOO
READ UP ON YOUR HISTORY AND FIND THE TRUTH.
NO THEY WERE NOT MADE TO FIGHT THEY DID NOT WANT CHANGE .
a levelheaded american

Cedar Falls, IA

#13 Aug 10, 2008
My opinion:
The North beat the shit out of the South in the Civil War.
Had the South won, they could wave their flag as much as they want. However, that isn't reality.
I realize that the flag is a "symbol of your past."
But your past itself symbolizes hate and extreme elitism.
If you don't want to be crushed by the typical southern stereotype of a drunken, angry, racist redneck, then don't be the damn stereotype.
ghost rider

Bossier City, LA

#14 Aug 10, 2008
a levelheaded american wrote:
My opinion:
The North beat the shit out of the South in the Civil War.
Had the South won, they could wave their flag as much as they want. However, that isn't reality.
I realize that the flag is a "symbol of your past."
But your past itself symbolizes hate and extreme elitism.
If you don't want to be crushed by the typical southern stereotype of a drunken, angry, racist redneck, then don't be the damn stereotype.
slavery was done under the American flag are you against it also
ShreveBossier99

AOL

#15 Aug 10, 2008
Good point ghost rider
a levelheaded american

Cedar Falls, IA

#16 Aug 10, 2008
No. I'm not saying that all southerners are pro-slavery.

But I'm just saying that, as you hang the flag, you should know what image you're putting out.

I just don't understand what part of southern history everyone is so proud about. Sure, it's nice to be fond of your roots, but I seem to see more representation of the "rebel" flag than any other historical symbol (aside from the American flag, of course).
a levelheaded american

Cedar Falls, IA

#17 Aug 10, 2008
Oh, and the rest of this nation has moved on.

...But you can take your time, I guess.
ghost rider

Bossier City, LA

#18 Aug 10, 2008
if you were born in dixie you will understand
its in the blood its a part of you.

now if you ware a sheet then yes its hate
Lucky Lady

Mount Pleasant, TX

#19 Aug 10, 2008
Aw, just get cha some rebel boxers and everybody's happy!
a levelheaded american

Cedar Falls, IA

#20 Aug 11, 2008
I was born in the south and lived half of my childhood there.
I understand both views.
Now, of course, you've had more experience living in the south, and I understand your point.
I'm just saying that I've witnessed the reflection shown by flying the "rebel flag," and it just isn't the image I would want to put out.

But I guess if you're that gung-ho about it, power to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keithville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shreveport police shoot 34-year-old man (Apr '07) Tue Kimyatta 39
Trina Chu anti-prayer Oct 24 Janet 1
Dating a Bipolar is in essence a Rebirth. Oct 22 volatile nostalgic 1
JC Fodel Reviews Oct 21 Anonymous 1
Vote for me please! Krishun Cash Oct 20 Kassamoney 1
Organized Stalking By Freemason Cops/Fireman an... (Jan '11) Oct 19 William Morgan 11
help...................please help Oct 17 Concerned Citizen 1
Keithville Dating
Find my Match

Keithville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keithville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keithville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]