The only thing Keiser needs is....

Posted in the Keiser Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
TimBuckTu

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Feb 25, 2008
For people to stop talking all the trash and crap on here and actually get out and do something about it! If you wanna change the town, run for council. Go to a meeting and be heard! Dont like how the cops do stuff? Get off your ass and take over! The Chief just got a raise, but it's still not enough to lay your life on the line for! Dont like the mayor? Then run for the spot next election! People on here downgrading people is what is making the town look bad! The meth users and drug dealers will get theres! It's something that can be done over night! Good job to all the officers on the drug bust the other day also! But it's only a small step towards the right direction! I, personally, understand that it't not a problem that can be fixed! You can't just bust people because you that drugs are there! You can't pull people over because you have a feeling there drugs there! The law protects the dealers as hard as that is to understand! But I do believe with time they will get run out!
thats right

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2008
you hit the nail on the head! good post
MINNIE MOUSE

Caraway, AR

#3 Feb 25, 2008
TimBuckTu wrote:
For people to stop talking all the trash and crap on here and actually get out and do something about it! If you wanna change the town, run for council. Go to a meeting and be heard! Dont like how the cops do stuff? Get off your ass and take over! The Chief just got a raise, but it's still not enough to lay your life on the line for! Dont like the mayor? Then run for the spot next election! People on here downgrading people is what is making the town look bad! The meth users and drug dealers will get theres! It's something that can be done over night! Good job to all the officers on the drug bust the other day also! But it's only a small step towards the right direction! I, personally, understand that it't not a problem that can be fixed! You can't just bust people because you that drugs are there! You can't pull people over because you have a feeling there drugs there! The law protects the dealers as hard as that is to understand! But I do believe with time they will get run out!
I AGREE WITH THAT 100%. GOOD JOB.
HuckandChuck2008

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Feb 26, 2008
Yeah, helluva post there!
whatta post

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Feb 26, 2008
why wouldnt a cop be able to bust a house if he KNOWS there drugs there,and yes a cop can pull people over if he thinks they have drugs,they can pull someone over for there mirrors being to dirty or say they had a tip called in then if there suppicious than search em,i do agree than $28,000 a year isnt enough to be a cop maybe part time.we need to start a posse like back in the day with torches and all,thats what it will take to straighten things up around here fussing at a meeting aint gonna get nothing done
Rock Crawler

Lake City, AR

#6 Feb 26, 2008
What Keiser needs is for some posters to not have another post removed because they cany stand the truth...
And someone going against there will.
TimBuckTu

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 27, 2008
Well, if an officer actually sees a deal happen, then yeah! But he can't just hammer someone butt just because people say they are doing drugs. And I'm glad you know everything, "what a post", but an officer can't bust in there just because there are rumored drugs in there. You gotta have concrete proof nowadays!
Big sis from wilson

Trumann, AR

#8 Feb 28, 2008
A little town like Keiser paying 28.000 a year,u people need to wake up this town only needs a part time cop, the county will do the rest. Beside they are up town doing the night talking to our cop that is setting there runing gas out,and who paying the bill?We are.And those so call Firemen that are up town every nigt who is paying the light bill and the water bill we are.Yes people has the right to ask what go on up there every night of the week seven days a week
Big Sis from Wilson

Trumann, AR

#9 Feb 28, 2008
We need people on the city councile that has a backbone and not someone
to just sit there and kiss there asses we as people need to take back the town before it to late for all of us.Our Kids are being pushed around by our cop and the county we don't have that many bads kids in Keiser everyone makes it seems that way. Do we won't end up like Dyess has or Joiner, we are headed that way right now
Big Sis from Wilson

Trumann, AR

#10 Feb 28, 2008
The House of myth that blew up.Do u won't to know why it took the little house to blow up before they found the meth making.Thzt z part of town that our dear cop does't check that all the good and rich people over there'they wouldn't do that
we had three police on duty and they would have never fount it'if it happen blow up.Maybe 700 hundred yards aform city hall'that a joke on that town
Big Daddy

Blytheville, AR

#11 Feb 28, 2008
Big sis from wilson wrote:
A little town like Keiser paying 28.000 a year,u people need to wake up this town only needs a part time cop, the county will do the rest. Beside they are up town doing the night talking to our cop that is setting there runing gas out,and who paying the bill?We are.And those so call Firemen that are up town every nigt who is paying the light bill and the water bill we are.Yes people has the right to ask what go on up there every night of the week seven days a week
Thanks sis. Finally someone with some common sense. And, we sure do have a right to know what is going on in this town. I don't understand why a simple question gets folks so riled up. The question is: WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE FIRE STATION EVERY NIGHT UNTIL SOMETIMES EARLY IN THE MORNING? It's not a hard question. Why can't someone come up with a sensible answer? All I get is very immature responses. Someone needs to grow up. Talk on, sis. I'm with you.
TimBuckTu

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Common sense? There is nothing about those last couple of post that screams common sense! I beleive that keiser needs a full time officer. Your paying the chief 28,000, but you would be paying a they county, which would be here a total of 4 hours a day 40,000-45,000 dollars! Yeah, that makes great sense! And for the love of God, quit bitching about the fire department! Hell some of them have already invited you up there if you wanna see whats going on! I dont know either, and I don't care! Some you need to worry about yourself before you get on here worrying about why the fire department is up there at night?
Big Daddy

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 29, 2008
Timbucktu, you are putting out just enough information to be dangerous. The people of Keiser are smarter than that. So, let's tell the rest of the story. Yes, it is true that you can hire county law enforcement for $40,000 a year, but, that includes an officer, a car, equipment, gas for the car, uniform allowance, liability insurance, etc. But, wise guy, the city of Keiser is spending over $50,000 a year for law enforcement. Chief's salary is not the only expense. We happen to be in Miss. Co. and they are obligated to give us law enforcement for free, which is what some towns do. That little click you are speaking for is trying its best to mislead the city of Keiser. It looks like you are trying your best to tear this little town apart. This whole thing is not about the chief and whether he is a nice guy or not or whether he is doing a good job or not. It has nothing to do with him. It has to do with whether the city can afford him or not. You don't spend what you don't have. That is just bad business. And from what chief said, you don't have to worry about whether he can support his family or not. Didn't he say he was offered a job with the county making more than we are paying him. And I heard he lives in a rent-free house. It is not very hard to tell who is posting all these half truths on here. You need to stop. It is clear you care nothing for this town. And as for the fire dept., I just don't understand what it is about a question that shouldn't be hard to answer that fires your little group up so.
AFFORDABLE

Cleveland, OH

#14 Feb 29, 2008
HE SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE SINCE J.R. QUIT. THE CITY SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE MORE IN THE GOOD BECUASE THE RAISE HE GOT IS LESS THAN THE OTHER SALARY.
Truth

Monette, AR

#15 Feb 29, 2008
Big Daddy wrote:
Timbucktu, you are putting out just enough information to be dangerous. The people of Keiser are smarter than that. So, let's tell the rest of the story. Yes, it is true that you can hire county law enforcement for $40,000 a year, but, that includes an officer, a car, equipment, gas for the car, uniform allowance, liability insurance, etc. But, wise guy, the city of Keiser is spending over $50,000 a year for law enforcement. Chief's salary is not the only expense. We happen to be in Miss. Co. and they are obligated to give us law enforcement for free, which is what some towns do. That little click you are speaking for is trying its best to mislead the city of Keiser. It looks like you are trying your best to tear this little town apart. This whole thing is not about the chief and whether he is a nice guy or not or whether he is doing a good job or not. It has nothing to do with him. It has to do with whether the city can afford him or not. You don't spend what you don't have. That is just bad business. And from what chief said, you don't have to worry about whether he can support his family or not. Didn't he say he was offered a job with the county making more than we are paying him. And I heard he lives in a rent-free house. It is not very hard to tell who is posting all these half truths on here. You need to stop. It is clear you care nothing for this town. And as for the fire dept., I just don't understand what it is about a question that shouldn't be hard to answer that fires your little group up so.
Big Daddy go to the fire dept and see whats going on .It's that simple then post your findings.
Big Daddy

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 29, 2008
AFFORDABLE wrote:
HE SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE SINCE J.R. QUIT. THE CITY SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE MORE IN THE GOOD BECUASE THE RAISE HE GOT IS LESS THAN THE OTHER SALARY.
Wrong again. figured that in.
Look Again

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 29, 2008
TimBuckTu wrote:
Not only is spending money you don't have bad business but it's also illegal! I'm not saying the town isn't in bad financial shape. But I do beleive that keeping chief was the best option for us to do! The county starts off pay for certified officers at 27,000 or 28,000, so one of the two. Keiser is paying him now 28,600. But law enforcement is something we need in town, so why not cut something besides that?? Do we really need the other guy in the trash lot?? I don't think so! I think the main problem is that the city has there priorities wrong! They need to find other things they could get rid of instead of trying to gripe about the stuff we actually need!
Read it again and do the math.
Big Daddy

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 29, 2008
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Daddy go to the fire dept and see whats going on .It's that simple then post your findings.
I have and the door is locked. Noone can get in unless they want you to. Why do you think I've been asking this question over and over? Why can't I get an answer?Does it seem like a hard question to you? Are you a VKFD?
Keiser

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Feb 29, 2008
You're exactly correct Big Daddy, Also, people keep comparing the chiefs salary to a county officers, which makes no sense. Keiser does not generate its own revenues, the county does. The county recieves the money from any and all tickets that K.P.D. writes, NOT KEISER.
The chiefs raise would be more understandable if Keiser recieved the ticket money, but we DO NOT.
THERE IS NO COMPARISION !!!!!!!!!
TimBuckTu

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Feb 29, 2008
Explain to me where I messed up then??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keiser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 21 min BARNEYII 41,547
Robert roach 3 hr Iwannasee 5
City claims 38% "Net Profit" on electric services. 4 hr Guest 32
Lil John Jennings 6 hr Bad bitch 22
Austin smith (Jun '17) 12 hr hmm 10
Taxes 15 hr Town square 6
Illegal gaming 16 hr Michael roach jr 23

Keiser Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance