Next Last

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

South Miss. Co. School District is at it again. The budget that was in the newspaper said there will be a special election to raise millage on Feb. 14. You don't plan a budget with money you don't have.
Old Shawnee Indian

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
South Miss. Co. School District is at it again. The budget that was in the newspaper said there will be a special election to raise millage on Feb. 14. You don't plan a budget with money you don't have.
Go to your upcoming public meetings and school board meetings...the state is forcing this issue not the school district!!
haha

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

No, there are a select few that are at it. Some work at the school and some don't. Doesn't matter if it is forced the state can't force but a 3 or 4%. Then DUMBASS Masters will be forced to use the money that his gay a*s has been sitting on instead of fixing things that should have been fixed a long time ago.
Hey

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

The state is not forcing this issue.

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

The county has passed a 3 mil increase already. Be sure to add that in.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

I'm all for the millage if someone other than masters will be in charge of spending the money! I heard he had flat screen tv's put in the junior high hallways. Now IF that is true why is he spending money on things like that? And why is our school board members allowing him to do this? IF it is true.
haha

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Judged:

Better yet get rid of about half of the board members...
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

This all needs to be heard!
Old Shawnee Indian

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

if you only knew....go to the keiser school how long will the state let that school stay open..luxora and wilson are fine but in ten years it will be in the same shape as keiser..keep voting the millage down and you will see what happens.. keiser kids will be bused to luxora...or osceola.... you say osceola yes when the state takes over they will send them to the closest school...

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

The school district needs to put the money used for elections and propaganda into the upkeep of the campuses.
Old Shawnee Indian

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

you might can update the Luxora campus but you can't keiser do the math.. it will cost more.. it would be greast to build three new elementarys but the times have changed,population has shifted.. come to the public meeting.the district will be put on a facilities distress in the future. do your homework....
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Old Shawnee Indian wrote:
if you only knew....go to the keiser school how long will the state let that school stay open..luxora and wilson are fine but in ten years it will be in the same shape as keiser..keep voting the millage down and you will see what happens.. keiser kids will be bused to luxora...or osceola.... you say osceola yes when the state takes over they will send them to the closest school...
I Well i do know, probably more than you. I'm not voting nothing down. I'm saying someone other than masters should be in control of the money. Just some of the stupid things he does. Why put flat screen tv's in the hall of the junior high if there are other things to be fixed. And why is he sitting on a couple million dollars waiting for the millage when he could be doing something now. And yes the amount is correct, probably less than what it actually is. The board members are allowing him to do this, and why?
Just an opinion

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

There are certain funds districts receive that are specified for certain types of use. Don't be ridiculous and throw up flat screen tvs which can be bought for little of nothing and from funds specified for that type of thing. Does anyone want to really throw two million dollars into an ancient building which needs a new roof and structural updates(close to a million), wiring upgrades (breakers thrown constantly), and new heat and air. Any one of those things is a major investment. I would rather put that towards a new facility. The time is good because the state will kick in part of the costs. If we don't do it when they are willing to do that we will never be able to pass a millage high enough to do it.
hal-white

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

local wrote:
<quoted text>I Well i do know, probably more than you. I'm not voting nothing down. I'm saying someone other than masters should be in control of the money. Just some of the stupid things he does. Why put flat screen tv's in the hall of the junior high if there are other things to be fixed. And why is he sitting on a couple million dollars waiting for the millage when he could be doing something now. And yes the amount is correct, probably less than what it actually is. The board members are allowing him to do this, and why?
Did this huy kick your kid out of school or something? The ditrict has a fund mandated by the state for building funds, which include repairs. So, you want the school board to drain the Supt fund to try and fix up 70 year old buildings? Is that what you are saying? Seems to me if the new supt has saved and built his fund up to 2 million (and we only have your word for that) then he should be congragulated. that money is used for emergecies and an ending balance that keeps the school from going into fiscal distress. So, you want all the money to be spent to keep old buildings open for another year before the walls and foundation crumble, plus you have no problem with the school system going broke and being taken over by the state.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

hal-white wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this huy kick your kid out of school or something? The ditrict has a fund mandated by the state for building funds, which include repairs. So, you want the school board to drain the Supt fund to try and fix up 70 year old buildings? Is that what you are saying? Seems to me if the new supt has saved and built his fund up to 2 million (and we only have your word for that) then he should be congragulated. that money is used for emergecies and an ending balance that keeps the school from going into fiscal distress. So, you want all the money to be spent to keep old buildings open for another year before the walls and foundation crumble, plus you have no problem with the school system going broke and being taken over by the state.
No my kid has not been kicked out thank you. And if the funds for building repairs are state mandated then why haven't ANY repairs been done in the last few years. And since you can't read my post correctly i'll say it for you one more time. I'm all for the millage as long as he is not in charge of how the money is spent. And if you don't like my opinion what i think about him then that's your problem. The heat and ac breaks down all the time, but instead of spending the money saved to get it fixed instead he buys tv's for hallways. Things like that are stupid ways for management to spend money. Don't you think? I'm not saying rebuild a school that can't be rebuilt I'm simply saying until this millage is passed spend money on something like heat or air in the old schools not tv's in the new junior high.
Another opinion

Marked Tree, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

The point still is why would you continue to fix things that are part of a crumbling structure. Things like tvs come out of funds that you couldn't use for facilities. That's the problem with this. People assume things without asking questions. Part of that is poor communication from the district, but people who pick out one thing and harp on it without really knowing what is going on share the blame too. The district is lucky to get grants and federal funds but many times those dollars are aporopriated.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Another opinion wrote:
The point still is why would you continue to fix things that are part of a crumbling structure. Things like tvs come out of funds that you couldn't use for facilities. That's the problem with this. People assume things without asking questions. Part of that is poor communication from the district, but people who pick out one thing and harp on it without really knowing what is going on share the blame too. The district is lucky to get grants and federal funds but many times those dollars are aporopriated.
Well if that's the case thank you for sharing that with me, but on another note if you do have money to fix something that your state money won't allow then why not do it? I do understand and i want the millage but he has made statements about how much has been saved starting back when Ford was here. So what if it doesn't pass for another year or two, do we keep sitting on this money? Why not spend a lil at least to fix some of the small things that is a must to have.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

And it's just my opinion, which we are all entitled, i don't think it's appropriate to be spending several thousands of dollars remodeling the house next to the high school for gim to live in when it could have been used to fix something the kids needed.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

Just an opinion wrote:
There are certain funds districts receive that are specified for certain types of use. Don't be ridiculous and throw up flat screen tvs which can be bought for little of nothing and from funds specified for that type of thing. Does anyone want to really throw two million dollars into an ancient building which needs a new roof and structural updates(close to a million), wiring upgrades (breakers thrown constantly), and new heat and air. Any one of those things is a major investment. I would rather put that towards a new facility. The time is good because the state will kick in part of the costs. If we don't do it when they are willing to do that we will never be able to pass a millage high enough to do it.
I guess your too stupid to read what I've said about the millage. Let me put it in caps for you since you can't see it in all the other post. I WANT THE MILLAGE, I THINK WE NEED THE MILLAGE, I VOTED FOR THE MILLAGE. Do you see it now? But i personally still do not like masters or how he is running things. This district has lost a lot of good teachers because of money and I'm sure the other is working conditions. Well we are working on the codition part with the millage. So about the money part. No cost of living raise has been given out in a few years. Every other school around ours gave their employees a bonus for Christmas, Bly, Osceola, Manila. But did masters, nope. Now you can build the most expensive, high tech school in the country. But without good teachers in the room the education is no better than any. So i guess what i'm trying to say is when teachers see other schools giving raises and receiving bonuses that's an incentive to want to leave.
local

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

So who else is fed up with masters and some of the school board members?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keiser Discussions

Search the Keiser Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know Jesus? (Jun '08) 1 hr Dena5 14,957
Meter Readers 2 hr Renee 21
Dr Reggie Cullom (Jan '09) 2 hr Mario 116
Mi Pueblo 6 hr cherokee762 14
I Hate Arkansas (Dec '09) 7 hr Stop Being A Hater 273
Jimmy Pickle (Jan '12) 12 hr knows all the info 2
edwardfreeman 13 hr Wont be laughing long 24
•••
•••