New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Point of Order

Utica, NY

#8127 Aug 12, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusing someone of illegal behavior without a shred of factual evidence isn't just "criticizing."
It's libel.
I'm sorry, I do apologize, you are very much more versed in the legal arts than I. PLEASE don't report my post to the authorities for saying that he has Cayman and Swiss accounts, which is all I said. I don't want them to come and take my children from e! I'm sorry for something that I didn't do...
Point of Order

Utica, NY

#8128 Aug 12, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - "In 2001 the Heritage Foundation predicted ..."
1Q 2001.
I love how you lefty Obama apologists work so hard to live in your pretend world where 9-11 never happened.
When you post such rancid tripe, John, you're basically saying you think everyone here is stupid. Even though you are obviously a callow SUNY Binghamton sophomore (intellectually, if not in fact), still it's intellectually dishonest and unbecoming of you.
How can you say "happened"...? Bush created a 2 front war, which is historically unsupportable, militarily and fiscally. Now, you should be careful here because what you are doing by citing this is admitting that the ENTIRE fiscal problem that we are in now was created by the wars resulting from 9/11, which are a result of the previous administration's malfeasance. Therefore Obama cannot be to blame for "failed economic policies". If it weren't for the wars, we would be much better off economically.
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#8129 Aug 12, 2012
Point of Order wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say "happened"...?
How?? 9-11 happened, dude. There. Said it again. Wasn't hard.

How would you say it?
Point of Order wrote:
<quoted text> Bush created a 2 front war, which is historically unsupportable, militarily and fiscally. Now, you should be careful here because what you are doing by citing this is admitting that the ENTIRE fiscal problem that we are in now was created by the wars resulting from 9/11, which are a result of the previous administration's malfeasance.
That's your BS strawman argument - not mine. I never made any such statement.
Point of Order wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore Obama cannot be to blame for "failed economic policies". If it weren't for the wars, we would be much better off economically.
Total non sequitur.

Regardless of his predecessor's performance, Obama can and should be blamed for his failed economic policies and the atrocious economic and fiscal performance during his administration.

Just because the previous administration (you argue) fouled things up does not give Obama license to continue fouling things up. He's responsible for what's happened on his watch, and what's happened on his watch is epic and continuing failure by any measure of fiscal and economic performance.
really

Burbank, CA

#8130 Aug 12, 2012
philisophical Phil wrote:
Really you are just posting links that are Obama talking points and much ado about nothings. If that is the best you Obummers can come up with Mitt Romney must be the cleanest most honest man to ever run for any plitical office.
So wait, when you see actual tax scams they can't exist because someone mentioned them....nice straw man. Life must be nice when you can say things that are against what you said dont exist.
Point of Order

Utica, NY

#8131 Aug 12, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you say it?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Total non sequitur.
Regardless of his predecessor's performance, Obama can and should be blamed for his failed economic policies and the atrocious economic and fiscal performance during his administration.
Just because the previous administration (you argue) fouled things up does not give Obama license to continue fouling things up. He's responsible for what's happened on his watch, and what's happened on his watch is epic and continuing failure by any measure of fiscal and economic performance.
So look at it this way, the wars were costing something like $1 billion per day, on each front. The war in Iraq did not need to be fought (different argument). The previous administration created a $2 billion dollar a day (and climbing) debt that we can't just "stop", then walked away. So when Obama took office, he inherited that debt. He stopped one war and the spending that goes along with it (albeit with a plan put in place by the previous administration). That was a promise kept. So now everyone is up in arms about how the country is so far in debt. Well his administration didn't start it. Bush spent 9 years,$billion per day and 4,500 American lives to catch Bin Laden, and failed. Obama did it in 2 years at the cost of 1 Blackhawk helicopter and the price of 1 9mm bullet. No lives lost but 1 (Bin Laden). With the increased spending for the war, and the current Bush taxation plan, that leaves a net budget loss of $2 billion per day. I think he's done good enough to re-elect him and see what he can do in the next 4 years to try to straighten this out.
really

Burbank, CA

#8132 Aug 12, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Parrotting Obama attack ad propaganda again like a good little mindless tool, are we?
"In a campaign advertisement released on August 9, 2012, incumbent President, Barack Obama made specific reference to his GOP opponent Mitt Romney and his presumed involvement in Son of BOSS tax avoidance as a Marriott International board member."
Emphasis on "presumed." You got NOTHING. More baseless slander. GTFO.
<quoted text>
Unless you can cite an IRS enforcement action against Gov. Romney, all totally legal. Good for him - he deserves admiration and accolades. Tax EVASION os a crime. Tax AVOIDANCE is every American's solemn duty as a responsible steward of capital.
You got nothing - nothing but slanderous innuendo.
GTFO.
Again, so because obama used this negative thing against romney...it makes it untrue? No, he was the financial chair of mariott during the son of boss tax scheme.....that makes him the HEAD of that department during the scam. He's the direct person involved.

As for the other scams, theyre tax shelters...you know who else used tax shelters and got arrested...Al Capone. And they were actually similar scams. Hiding income by spending money on systems that you will gain the money back out of the eyes of the IRS...thats money laundering and tax evasion.
really

Burbank, CA

#8133 Aug 12, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you say it?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Total non sequitur.
so obama should be blamed for the horrible state of the economy and though he has started a recovery, its not perfect yet? So someone does a bad job and things dont get better for the next person because of how bad it is...and its the second guys fault?

So by that logic.....when Bain capital destroyed all those companies that were as they claim failed due to the bad state they were in...Bain is also at fault because they couldn't fix it and ruined many people's jobs by tearing the companies apart. Got it, Obama is able to save the economy and is slowly repairing it, and Bain led by Romney just gave up and dumped everything out.....i'd rather have the guy who doesn't just say fuck it and ruin peoples lives for his own profit.

Thanks for your logic...your right. Romney is a bad candidate
namveteran

Ithaca, NY

#8134 Aug 13, 2012
after 9/11 bushs'economic team put out a policy statement saying the economy was recovering completely and 9/11 would have little to no effect on the economy.stop being hypocrites,he had 8 yrs. to recover from 9/11 and you are still using it as an excuse.obama aint been in ofice 4 yrs. and you scream he aint fixed everything yet.your blatant hypocrisy is quite obvious,you ass wipes.
research

Ithaca, NY

#8135 Aug 13, 2012
Please inform yourself about the Obama administration and research the following: Solyndra, Fast & Furious, Delphi. You'll find he's wasted billions of tax payer dollars, screwed people out of their jobs and pensions, and lied to the American people.
John

Bainbridge, NY

#8136 Aug 13, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - "In 2001 the Heritage Foundation predicted ..."
1Q 2001.
I love how you lefty Obama apologists work so hard to live in your pretend world where 9-11 never happened.
When you post such rancid tripe, John, you're basically saying you think everyone here is stupid. Even though you are obviously a callow SUNY Binghamton sophomore (intellectually, if not in fact), still it's intellectually dishonest and unbecoming of you.
In 2003 President Bush signed into law the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act, which accelerated the timeline of the earlier tax cuts and benefits. Did 9/11

Do you think unfunded wars and tax cuts decrease the deficit?
Point of Order

Utica, NY

#8137 Aug 13, 2012
research wrote:
Please inform yourself about the Obama administration and research the following: Solyndra, Fast & Furious, Delphi. You'll find he's wasted billions of tax payer dollars, screwed people out of their jobs and pensions, and lied to the American people.
I am familiar with those items, as they are buzz words and focus points for all Obama haters. However, if research is due it should also be focused on Cuban relations, the success of the auto industry bail out, troop withdrawl from Iraq, and increased VA benefits. Plus, I just like the the guy, while Romney just SEEMS shady with his flip flopping.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8138 Aug 13, 2012
Point of Order wrote:
<quoted text>
So look at it this way, the wars were costing something like $1 billion per day, on each front. The war in Iraq did not need to be fought (different argument). The previous administration created a $2 billion dollar a day (and climbing) debt that we can't just "stop", then walked away. So when Obama took office, he inherited that debt. He stopped one war and the spending that goes along with it (albeit with a plan put in place by the previous administration). That was a promise kept. So now everyone is up in arms about how the country is so far in debt. Well his administration didn't start it. Bush spent 9 years,$billion per day and 4,500 American lives to catch Bin Laden, and failed. Obama did it in 2 years at the cost of 1 Blackhawk helicopter and the price of 1 9mm bullet. No lives lost but 1 (Bin Laden). With the increased spending for the war, and the current Bush taxation plan, that leaves a net budget loss of $2 billion per day. I think he's done good enough to re-elect him and see what he can do in the next 4 years to try to straighten this out.
Juvenile analysis

Location hidden

#8139 Aug 13, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, so because obama used this negative thing against romney...it makes it untrue? No, he was the financial chair of mariott during the son of boss tax scheme.....that makes him the HEAD of that department during the scam. He's the direct person involved.
As for the other scams, theyre tax shelters...you know who else used tax shelters and got arrested...Al Capone. And they were actually similar scams. Hiding income by spending money on systems that you will gain the money back out of the eyes of the IRS...thats money laundering and tax evasion.
Idiotic connecting of imaginary dots

Location hidden

#8140 Aug 13, 2012
namveteran wrote:
after 9/11 bushs'economic team put out a policy statement saying the economy was recovering completely and 9/11 would have little to no effect on the economy.stop being hypocrites,he had 8 yrs. to recover from 9/11 and you are still using it as an excuse.obama aint been in ofice 4 yrs. and you scream he aint fixed everything yet.your blatant hypocrisy is quite obvious,you ass wipes.
late night inebriated rants, strongly consider sobriety

Location hidden

#8141 Aug 13, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2003 President Bush signed into law the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act, which accelerated the timeline of the earlier tax cuts and benefits. Did 9/11
Do you think unfunded wars and tax cuts decrease the deficit?
No. Question: Do we have enemies who want to destroy us? Yes or No.
Point of Order

Utica, NY

#8142 Aug 13, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Juvenile analysis
Thanks! I thought it was pretty well put out as well!
John

Bainbridge, NY

#8143 Aug 13, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Question: Do we have enemies who want to destroy us? Yes or No.
Iraq and Afghanistan did not have the means to "destroy us".

And even if they did, 2 unfunded wars and tax cuts on top of that is an economic disaster, plain and simple. So who caused more damage to the U.S.? Iraq and Afghanistan or the previous administration?

Location hidden

#8144 Aug 13, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq and Afghanistan did not have the means to "destroy us".
And even if they did, 2 unfunded wars and tax cuts on top of that is an economic disaster, plain and simple. So who caused more damage to the U.S.? Iraq and Afghanistan or the previous administration?
obama

Location hidden

#8145 Aug 13, 2012
Point of Order wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I thought it was pretty well put out as well!
At least you have a sense of humor
Geoff

Bainbridge, NY

#8146 Aug 13, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
obama
I guess I should have known not to expect an intelligent answer from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keeseville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greed and then jail Thu some one with som... 2
News 2 arrested on drug charges arraigned (Oct '13) Aug 25 Catch me 6
Earl Mudd (Aug '13) Aug 20 mary 27
Snitching at a all time high (Oct '11) Aug 12 casandranichole 79
kevin teller (Nov '13) Jul '16 cu g gutter slu y... 6
Hillary sprague Jul '16 Rustyw123 1
grand prix (Jan '13) Jun '16 sadface1976 16

Keeseville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance