North Country Club restaurant

Posted in the Keeseville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SRF

New York, NY

#1 Oct 3, 2010
This place has gone way downhill since KG quit. I ordered chicken fingers and a pizza the other night. What came in the pizza box was a frozen pizza. It was like a piece of rubber! Heck, Tony's pizza is better than this stuff! All for a grand total of 19 dollars and change. I should have gone to Little Italy. Yeck!
A Native Son

Plattsburgh, NY

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Little Italy or ( papa's, sophia's, bella's, the lighthouse, insert you favorite italian name for the next place) Is once again out of business. Leaving you with the Mobil station.......for a pizza or going to Peru and Pasqaule's. Mike and Tonia are really trying to make it a nice place and I really hope everyone in town tries to support them. I agree the pizza has never been my favorite, but they are one of the last local business owners in this little one cart town and we need to stand behind them. Go in tell them what happened and allow them to get better! That is the only way they are going to get better. Going someplace else will result in a vacant building the George Moore will buy and fill the parking lot with WWII era vehicles!
DisAppointed

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2010
well having lived here forever I can tell you the just aren't the original NORTH COUNTRY CLUB..they are a young couple trying to make a lot of money the wrong way..bad product and service should not come with increased prices..we used to get a great pizza/sandwich/salads/ff/and alot more at a good price..now the quality sucks as they try to cut corners and charge us more..I now cook my own drive to Plattsburgh or Peru..hope they read this and try to do something about it I used to love the pizza but everytime I have had it since they took over I got sick ..good luck guys hope you don't go under like everyone else but if you don't listen to someone you too may be doomed in the business world..
Ivana Bribe

Plattsburgh, NY

#4 Oct 9, 2010
I am another unhappy customer. Thought I would go local instead of Pburgh. First of all, the music is so low, you cannot hear it. Its not a sports bar is it? Even if it is, like 99 rest you can have sports on tv and musicat the same time! The food was not good. The meat was supposed to be med rare and was well done!! Bartender never offered to fix it or take $ off the bill. I would not doubt if they use old food. They do not have enough business, so you wonder how old the food is. Needless to say my boyfriend was sick that night, could it have been the food? The just lost us---sorry!
Kick it up

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2010
Why can't there be an establishment in Kville that is like the ground round or 99?? Music, good food, reasonable prices. The owners and staff need to be more accomadating. NCC is going to close if they don't try to turn it around!!
A Native Son

Plattsburgh, NY

#6 Oct 13, 2010
the reason chain restaurants don't come to keeseville is that the customer base has no money. Most patrons want something for nothing or prices like they use to be......in the fifties! I love this town and agree that the service, food and atmosphere at the NCC could be better, but I will support them to the bitter end rather than give my money to chain restaurants and have it go out of state. Mike and Tonia are active in the community with the school board and youth sports. They are who we should all want to do well, and I wish them well!
Denny Doyle

Plattsburgh, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2010
hahaha that is to funny someone thinks that a 99 or Ground Round needs to come to Keeseville..... Look around pal are you serious? You should be thankful that the Club is still around. I personally think Mike and Tonya are doing a great job... I havent had one complain since the took over. The atmosphere is great. Its nice and mellow just like it has always been. What are you looking for a bar room like Brookies? Be thankful that we have such a nice restraunt to go to in keeseville and sit down to a good home cooked meal not a meal prepared on a line like all the other chain restraunts. Keep up the good work Mike and Tonya you will always have me as a loyal customer
concerned resident

AOL

#8 Oct 13, 2010
You must be crazy!!! I always went to the NCC..It was great before, now the food SUCKS....Pizza is disgusting...Owners are RUDE.. They think they are better than anyone elese...Grow up Tonya you put your shoes on the same way we all do!!! So please don't think your shit doesnt stink!!!MR.Kilbourne better watch out his money he invested in tihs place is sinking...
Tired of Complainers

Indian Lake, NY

#9 Oct 16, 2010
Concerned resident, you have no idea what you are talking about!! Mike and Tonia are the nicest people going and they will do anything to make it right. I go there two or three times a week and get a great meal. If by chance there is something wrong, they fix it right away and go above and beyond to make it right. We have a great town and great people who live in it and if more of you would pitch in rather than complaining maybe we would have a town we can be proud of. Disappointed also doesn't have a clue, because the prices have changed in years!! I can tell you that the pizza and food I get are better than they were when the others were running it!! Get a clue people and listen to Denny!!
Tonia Finnegan

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2010
This post was brought to our attention last night. I would like to respond to let you know that we are working to satisfy the needs of all of our customers. If we don't know something is wrong, we can't fix it. Luckily we have had many compliments on how much better things are since we took over, but if something isn't quite right, please let us know so that we can fix it for you. Our prices have not changed from what they were before we took over and we actually decreased some prices (including pizza) even with our costs going up. We have switched from frozen entrees to all homemade which has been a big hit. I am sorry if you had an unpleasant experience, but without knowing who you are, we can't fix your issue. As far as Mr. Kilbourne, that is not an accurate statement, we are funding this all on our own for the good of our community. We put in many hours to ensure that our community has a nice place to go and we hope you all enjoy it as we have for years which is why we worked to have it opened back up. We are happy to say that our business has been steadily increasing, the summer was great and hope it continues and we would like to thank all of our valued customers for their support.
Local resident

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2010
Denny Doyle wrote:
hahaha that is to funny someone thinks that a 99 or Ground Round needs to come to Keeseville..... Look around pal are you serious? You should be thankful that the Club is still around. I personally think Mike and Tonya are doing a great job... I havent had one complain since the took over. The atmosphere is great. Its nice and mellow just like it has always been. What are you looking for a bar room like Brookies? Be thankful that we have such a nice restraunt to go to in keeseville and sit down to a good home cooked meal not a meal prepared on a line like all the other chain restraunts. Keep up the good work Mike and Tonya you will always have me as a loyal customer
I would not want a 99 type establishment in Keeseville. The last several time we went there were offered a buzzard for when our table was ready. When you want to eat you do not want to wait for your food and then meal. So that would not do well for this area.

Though I must say I use to support Pasquale's unti they moved, then Maxwell's until they closed as well as some of the other Pizza shops and were not impressed by the others downtown.

As far as the North Country Club we use to buy pizza and eat there alllll the time. Though it seemed to have gotten too much for the SIZE of the pizza. We paid like $28 for a small loaded and larger sized cheese or something like that. We just stopped going there and never went back.

Maybe one day we may try it again.

Who knows?
Local resident

United States

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Tonia Finnegan wrote:
This post was brought to our attention last night. I would like to respond to let you know that we are working to satisfy the needs of all of our customers. If we don't know something is wrong, we can't fix it. Luckily we have had many compliments on how much better things are since we took over, but if something isn't quite right, please let us know so that we can fix it for you. Our prices have not changed from what they were before we took over and we actually decreased some prices (including pizza) even with our costs going up. We have switched from frozen entrees to all homemade which has been a big hit. I am sorry if you had an unpleasant experience, but without knowing who you are, we can't fix your issue. As far as Mr. Kilbourne, that is not an accurate statement, we are funding this all on our own for the good of our community. We put in many hours to ensure that our community has a nice place to go and we hope you all enjoy it as we have for years which is why we worked to have it opened back up. We are happy to say that our business has been steadily increasing, the summer was great and hope it continues and we would like to thank all of our valued customers for their support.
Happy you are doing well. Just posted a previous post.
Is your Pizza the SAME recipe including crust as the previous owners? What is a loaded running these day? What are the sizes. We just stopped going several years ago as the price was around $28 for 2 which would not have been bad but the sizes were tooooo small for the price. Any specials? May just try again as we did like that sour dough flavor of the crust and the way it was made back then.
Tonia Finnegan

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Local Resident,

Our recipe is the same as we wouldn't have bought the restaurant without it. It is well know all over the country and we have been asked to figure out a way to ship it.....

We have a 4 slice pan, a 6 slice small and an 8 slice large. A large cheese is 11.95 and a large supreme is 17.95. On Mondays, we have a special where it is a $1 off a pan,$2 off a small and $3 off a large. Hope to see you come back!!
watch out

Plattsburgh, NY

#14 Oct 21, 2010
I too was not happy with the food and lack of personality behind the bar. You have 5 months to get it together. I had dinner at Harmony in Port Kent. They have a new chef and things are really changing down there.The prime rib was as good as kings inn, and their Italian night was just great.
They are closed for the season and I can't wait till next year. You should ask this chef for help because he comes across as a true professional.
Hmmmmm

Plattsburgh, NY

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Ivana Bribe wrote:
I am another unhappy customer. Thought I would go local instead of Pburgh. First of all, the music is so low, you cannot hear it. Its not a sports bar is it? Even if it is, like 99 rest you can have sports on tv and musicat the same time! The food was not good. The meat was supposed to be med rare and was well done!! Bartender never offered to fix it or take $ off the bill. I would not doubt if they use old food. They do not have enough business, so you wonder how old the food is. Needless to say my boyfriend was sick that night, could it have been the food? The just lost us---sorry!
I believe I was there the night you commented on the music and it isn't a disco, it is a restaurant, we like to be able to visit with the people was come to dinner with whether it be at the bar or at a table. I also remember "the bartender" asking you about your meat and you said that it wasn't quite a pink as you like it, but it was good and you ate it all!!!!!! He offered to get you another one and you said no this was just fine as you ate your potato stuffed with brocoli and cheese that they catered to you and made. Be careful slamming local business as you and your husband, not boyfriend have one too.
Hmmmmm

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2010
watch out wrote:
I too was not happy with the food and lack of personality behind the bar. You have 5 months to get it together. I had dinner at Harmony in Port Kent. They have a new chef and things are really changing down there.The prime rib was as good as kings inn, and their Italian night was just great.
They are closed for the season and I can't wait till next year. You should ask this chef for help because he comes across as a true professional.
You are joking right?? I love the bartenders!! They are a lot of fun. The food is great also. Try being a regular before you complain. Were there Monday night? Their Garlic Steak Tips with peppers, onions and mushrooms were to die for!! They also aren't there to compete with Harmony as they are all friends and here for the same reason. To give people a reason to come to Keeseville.

Harmony's new chef, Tracey Spooner, is a great guy and great chef and I am sure Tonia and Mike would welcome him as they have known each other a lot of years also!!

We need to stop bashing the people of our community and support them unless we want our town to dwindle even more. People like the Fuller's, Marsha's, Neverett's, McLean's, and the Finnegan's have invested a lot into our community to make it a great place to live and we should support them.
Gotten Better

United States

#17 Oct 22, 2010
I have to say, that I too believe the food has gotten much better since the old chef left. The pizza is somewhat pricey if you add many toppings, and the large could be bigger. But that seems to be the way it has for along time.It is a very unique pizza that tastes like no other, and people from all over stop there just for that. Comparing them to places such as Pasquales, Pappas, or even Bazzanos, and Bono is ridiculous. Apples and oranges! Thick cardboard with sauce and small amounts of toppings is what you get. Order a pizza from Pasquales with sausage. You get what appears to be mouse turds.(They would rather spend to expand)
Its all a matter of preference. Dont bash a couple who is trying to keep what is a nice family place here in a town that is diminishing.
Mike could be a little more spunky behind the bar, but thats not his personality. Tonia quite makes up for it!
And if you do tell them you have a problem, trust me....they will try and compensate you.
Keep up the good work guys!
A Very Satisfied Pair of Customers.
Have you tried the Reuben?????? Thats for you Tonia!
pete

Plattsburgh, NY

#19 Dec 16, 2010
i have eaten there a couple of times. I was impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly service. I also know Tonia personnally...and she is a great person with a great attitude, and she is sincerely interested in helping her community. She deserves praise, not some of what she is getting above.
yummy

United States

#20 Jan 4, 2011
The clubs pizza is one of a kind.Tonia is a great gal from a great family.Support all of our local establishments.Whether it be a store,restraunt or hair salon we need to support them so our town can continue to grow and prosper.Don't ever cut down someone for trying if you have a complaint I hope any of these establishments will make it right.After all the customer is always right.
hot save

Rodman, NY

#21 Oct 26, 2013
heard they are closing .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keeseville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opioids Fri Coffee brandy licks 2
drunk driving May 16 Smitty LaDue 3
land clearing Apr '16 Jay C Park 2
WCS Play Apr '16 Dismayed 1
Snitching at a all time high (Oct '11) Apr '16 Deb 77
Barnstead Apr '16 Robin 1
grand prix (Jan '13) Mar '16 GRAND PRIX 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keeseville Mortgages