Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
83,381 - 83,400 of 130,316 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL. You do know that every professional association shows that the study is extremely flawed, right?
What is sad is that even with no evidence and actual studies and statistics to the contrary, you cling to a mythology of prejudice and illusion. Then when a discredited study confirms your delusion, you cling to it despite its flaws - much like you cling to those ingrained religious prejudices.
What is even sadder is that you would try to force YOUR belief system to be the rule of law for everyone else - equality be damned.
Equality is for the equal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that some are more equal than others?
oh yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even sadder is that you would try to force YOUR belief system to be the rule of law for everyone else - equality be damned.
An odd statement from someone that endeavors to restructure society in order to assuage the guilt of their particular perversion.

post #87013: No, I meant, equality is for the equal.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
An odd statement from someone that endeavors to restructure society in order to assuage the guilt of their particular perversion.
Funny - I find religious hatred, bigotry, and prejudice more perverse than any two consenting adults who would love each other. You should be judged on WHETHER you love as opposed to the gender of the adult you love. Sadly you don't get that.

The same perversion argument was used against interracial relationships as well. But the restructuring argument is kinda funny - as this country was founded on the ideal of equality. However, we have seen that despite that being the ideal, it has been FAR from the practice until the issue is forced.

So, no restructuring needed - just adherence to the actual ideal.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
O0hh, right... got it.
A person born with 1 leg is unequal to someone with 2. A person with an IQ of 110 is unequal to one with an IQ of 115. Someone who wears glasses is unequal to someone with 20/20 vision. People who are shorter than 5'7 are unequal to people who are taller than 6'. People with "permanent tans" are unequal to aryans. Homosexuals are unequal to heterosexuals.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Never read any George Orwell? Were his books on your church's burn list?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and with all men (and women being equal), that means that homosexuals ARE equal to you who have spoonfed guilt complexes and a need to self-medicate with religion. Your belief system doesn't make you superior. It just makes you a bigot.

Your type always asks people to consider that they may be wrong and that your religion may be the "right" one. But you will never ask yourself the exact same question - seems you expect everyone to kowtow to your beliefs.
oh yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny - I find religious hatred, bigotry, and prejudice more perverse than any two consenting adults who would love each other. You should be judged on WHETHER you love as opposed to the gender of the adult you love. Sadly you don't get that.
The same perversion argument was used against interracial relationships as well. But the restructuring argument is kinda funny - as this country was founded on the ideal of equality. However, we have seen that despite that being the ideal, it has been FAR from the practice until the issue is forced.
So, no restructuring needed - just adherence to the actual ideal.
Take a group from NAMBLA down to an NAACP meeting and tell them that your fight is the same as theirs. Please post the results on you tube, I'd like to see it.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a group from NAMBLA down to an NAACP meeting and tell them that your fight is the same as theirs. Please post the results on you tube, I'd like to see it.
NAMBLA has nothing to do with this conversation. The only ones who throw that bunch into the fray are the ignorant bigots who don't know the difference between a rutabaga and a rhubarb leaf.
It's pretty telling that you have a hard on the NAACP, as well.
Your credibility was already hanging by a thread, now you put a match to it.
oh yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and with all men (and women being equal), that means that homosexuals ARE equal to you who have spoonfed guilt complexes and a need to self-medicate with religion. Your belief system doesn't make you superior. It just makes you a bigot.
Your type always asks people to consider that they may be wrong and that your religion may be the "right" one. But you will never ask yourself the exact same question - seems you expect everyone to kowtow to your beliefs.
The only one talking about religion is you. The gay sexual act is a perversion of biology. Whether you believe in ID or evolution it's not built into the design. I mean trying to explain this to you guys is like trying to explain to a 4 year old why he can't eat candy all of the time. You throw your tantrums, "I want it, I want it, I want it!" and "You're mean!" when you don't get it. To bad. You don't get to undermine the very foundations of society and civilization because you can't figure out what your pee pee is used for. I mean the next thing you'll be whining that you want doing number two to be considered giving birth and then demand a tax exemption for it.
oh yeah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA has nothing to do with this conversation. The only ones who throw that bunch into the fray are the ignorant bigots who don't know the difference between a rutabaga and a rhubarb leaf.
It's pretty telling that you have a hard on the NAACP, as well.
Your credibility was already hanging by a thread, now you put a match to it.
NAMBLA has everything to do with this conversation.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA has everything to do with this conversation.
Only because you don't have complete neural pathways.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that some are more equal than others?
Some are equal, some are less than, some are better than...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
O0hh, right... got it.
A person born with 1 leg is unequal to someone with 2. A person with an IQ of 110 is unequal to one with an IQ of 115. Someone who wears glasses is unequal to someone with 20/20 vision. People who are shorter than 5'7 are unequal to people who are taller than 6'. People with "permanent tans" are unequal to aryans. Homosexuals are unequal to heterosexuals.
You look to physical traits, I look to Individual proclivity to determine... The crack head grade school drop out that kills people for a hobby is Less Than a Doctor that spent his life learning and providing for his family and saving lives... And between those two examples is a wide range of Equal Too's, Better Than's and Lesser Than's.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize the difference between relationship between consenting adults and child abuse (which is backed up by studies and statistics), right? It is well documented that sex with children harms the children - PLUS they cannot LEGALLY consent to any sexual activity. It is NOT the case with two adults who love each other.

If you can't differentiate between pedophilia and an adult relationship, you may need some professional help.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one talking about religion is you. The gay sexual act is a perversion of biology. Whether you believe in ID or evolution it's not built into the design. I mean trying to explain this to you guys is like trying to explain to a 4 year old why he can't eat candy all of the time. You throw your tantrums, "I want it, I want it, I want it!" and "You're mean!" when you don't get it. To bad. You don't get to undermine the very foundations of society and civilization because you can't figure out what your pee pee is used for. I mean the next thing you'll be whining that you want doing number two to be considered giving birth and then demand a tax exemption for it.
Incorrect - if it is a perversion of biology, please explain why sexual gratification and climax can be achieved through all of those acts? Also, please compare and contrast Bonobo chimpanzee's which commonly use ALL forms of sex, including homosexual sex in their social forms. Finally, please explain why the prostate is wired for pleasure through physical stimulation.

Also, given that nature seems to LOVE diversity and differences as evidenced by all the species, social forms, and structure, please explain how another form of diversity is somehow against nature's design.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
And actually, your transparent attempt at claiming you weren't talking religion was completely obliterated when you speak of "social restructuring to assuage GUILT." Without a big sky daddy and social constructs telling you that "you are a sinner", please explain why one would feel guilt for being in a loving, committed relationship?

Except for the notion "your relationship is bad because a big powerful eye in the sky says so and is going to fling you into hell for loving a person of the same gender", guilt plays NO part in an loving ADULT relationship.

The words you use betray you. But thanks for playing, please try again.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Lol, "a perversion of biology"

Biology book for christian schools opening remark,

“If scientific conclusions contradict the Word of God, the conclusions are wrong, no matter how many scientific facts may appear to back them.”

Now that is "a perversion of biology".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Lol, "a perversion of biology"
Biology book for christian schools opening remark,
“If scientific conclusions contradict the Word of God, the conclusions are wrong, no matter how many scientific facts may appear to back them.”
Now that is "a perversion of biology".
It's also a blatantly stupid idea ....

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Take a group from NAMBLA down to an NAACP meeting and tell them that your fight is the same as theirs. Please post the results on you tube, I'd like to see it.
And with the reference to pedophiles yet another homophobe reveals their bankrupt position.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amazingly Awesome Beautiful Woman on 2 Feet 7 min Examiner 23
Hudson Nissan Not Real (May '12) 21 min donna ford-keley 24
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Reality 150,269
Mclane Cumberland 32 min shirleys husband 3
Sonic 35 min Nope 3
Why Do Women Date married men! (Nov '13) 42 min True 45
tammy gorman 51 min james 1

Search the Keene Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Keene Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••