Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

Judged:

For those of you traveling thru Maize, Kansas. Beware! The Maize Police Force is out to get you! I was recently ticketed for speeding on 119th near 53rd St. I was traveling at 46 mph and the officer, Anthony Godinez said he clocked me at 55 mph, which is incorrect. My passengers and I noticed my speedometer at 46 mph when the officer said he clocked me. Now considering I travel this road frequently...I know the posted speed limit. I never travel over 50 in the 55 zone, nor do I travel over the 45 posted limit in that zone. I decided because of the inaccuracy of the radar by police, and having witnesses in my vehicle. I took the citation to Maize Municipal Court. The officer lied under oath, as to the exact events of the incident. I was appalled that he could lie without guilt. And the judge ruled in his favor and I was ordered to pay the fine for speeding, when I broke no laws! When my case was heard in court, there were 3 other people making cases against this one particular officer, whom was recognized by the prosecutor as rude and gruff to citizens he pulls over for possible offenses. My experience in the matter was not handled with maturity or civility. I was treated like some common criminal by this officer and the Maize Municipal Court. My warning to all is; Do not travel thru Maize Kansas when possible as obeying the speed laws there will only get you railroaded by police and the court. Finding citizens guilty of offenses not committed and making us pay up fines, is this town's way of making revenue!
Spend Ellsware

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

Judged:

The only way you can get an unresponsive system to pay attention, is to spend your money in other areas. As soon as the business owners in that area realize the dishonest police and/or prosecutor are affecting the businessman's bottom line... ...wel you get the point. Spend your money in honest areas, and honest areas will flourish. So what, if the business people of that town don't want to grow like an honest city should, let them fail along with the city.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

Judged:

Maize don't have a business district. It went down the drain long ago. If it weren't for the schools, it would be a ghost town. Wichita will soon annex it and these so-called security guard cops will be history. Two years ago one of those idiots ran into Margie Weaver and killed her. She was going the wrong way on 96,because of a health condition and this hero wanted to save the day. The hiwaypatrol had things under control is the sad part.
Not Fair

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

Judged:

Dear Non-Speeder...
so sorry for your experience with M.P.D. though i am not surprised. my children attend school in Maize, and i have heard first hand by many people that the system there is not bent...but severly crooked! catchin speeders is their favorite thing to do, but also they look for any little thing to pull you over for. They need the money, time to build another school, LOL!
Witness

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2007

Judged:

Its time that something be done about the MPD! I was leaving the coronation ceremony at the Sweetheart dance last Saturday night and a cop pulled over a young girl right in front of the HS entrance. My parents and I witnessed the entire incedent. She was not speeding what-so-ever, going pretty slow actually. How sad--they are such jack asses. Who pulls over a young girl on her way to her dance?! She was in tears! Its pretty sad when their own community doesn't repsect them.
Law abiding citizen

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

Judged:

Maybe if all you who complain, would first learn how to spell and use proper grammer, you would have a better chance of knowing the traffic laws and how to read your speedometer. Take responsibility for your own actions, don't blame others for your own ignorance. Maize is a wonderful and growing community. We appreciate our Police force and the professional services they provide us!
Ashamed

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

Judged:

I am very disappointed with the comments here! Are these not the same officers who aid citizens all day with accidents, domestic violence, missing kids, thefts, and are one of the 1st on scene with medical emergencies and fires?? How many people have died at 119th and 53rd, because I personally lost count! They may annoy everyone by waiting eagerly for speeders, but I'm sure most of you have been in an accident at some time or another??? What if there had been a cop running radar at that time, do you still believe you would have been hit?? When people see a cop the slow down and watch themselves to avoid getting pulled over, when in reality we should drive and act like that all the time and not be angry because we got caught. there is always 2 sides to a story, and I am positive they have reason for doing what they do, maybe the car was stolen or had a headlight out and didn't know it??? look at all the violence that occurs today, school shootings and being taken against will to atm's to steal their money, or crazy men kidnapping and killing an innocent girl??? these are all realistic for maize, it is not only the residents passing through, but many others. People go to school here and live in Wichita, several people stop in on the way to or from k96. Allow them to do their jobs where they are really needed and watch yourself, so they can spend less time watching you to protect the others around you!! It is time to grow up!!!
Ticked Off Citizen

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2007

Judged:

For all you people out there that wanna grip bout getting pulled over. Its your fault get your head out of the gutters and dont speed. You are doing more than being stupid! You are harming you and innocient citizens. And that officer Doug. That so called killed some one. That wasnt his fault. I aint saying its hers, but if she was sick she shouldnt of been driving. He didnt come out in the best shape. He went threw hell and back. We are lucky he is still here! I know him and have talked with him many time. You are so stuck up. That ladie is in a better place know. He went threw a long time of pain. We are glad he is still alive. MPD is one of the best police forces we have out there. They may be strick but its for your own good. And for that ladie that got pulled over the day of her dance they pulled her over for her own sake she had a head light out and wanted to let her know. So if you really wanna grip cause you got a ticket or some one else did. You should think that a ticket could save your life.
Bully with a Badge

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2007

Judged:

Its not all The Maize police officers, it is mainly 1 of them. Anthony Godinez. I have now talked to a number of people who have had run ins with him. And all agree "Bully with a Badge" Listen Maize dont let one cop with the little man complex taint your town, get him out. And for all of you who have responded in their (his) defence, it is only a matter of time before you get railroaded by this officer,and you too will have a new outlook I this "ethical" officer.
You do not know

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2007

Judged:

Because someone is doing there job you want to complain. Maybe who started this mess would grow up and be responsible for their own actions. Here is something to ponder. Ever think that he has encountered being hit head on by a SPEEDING drunk driver. He is very sensitive to people who SPEED and break traffic laws. Ever notice the way he walks? That's a result of you speeders. Coma, Head injury and painful surgeries is another result. I'm pretty sure if you went through some difficulties like that you would shut your mouth. Unless you been there watch all the comments. He was just doing his job and catching you speeders.
MAS

Mcpherson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2007

Judged:

Haha, a lot of you seem to forget cops are also human. They can have faults and how they treat and respect their job is up to them. It's a shame to see some abuse the position they've been offered and some do, don't think they don't.
All of you nice law abiding citizens may not have seen some of the people in question in their private lives. Don't be so trusting. I've seen some do some outrageous things to even their own families. Yes I do know what I'm talking about for you doubters. I worked in a group where police, fire and EMS socialized together. You don't see or hear what goes on behind the scenes. If the city of Maize knows of this, and I don't see how they couldn't by now, it is their responsibility to do something. I will definitely be avoiding the area and I used to shop there, used to.
Time to retire

Mcpherson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2007

Judged:

'You Do Not Know' Do you know this person? If what you say is true, it's sad but still doesn't change the fact a job isn't being done correctly.
Life happens and I'm not being cruel. My husband was in ems, got hit by a drunk driver while working on a patient and broke his neck. So I do know and he doesn't attempt to do a job he can't fully do any longer. It might be time for this cop to retire medically. His attitude may cause him to get hurt if he comes across the wrong person.
Job Done Correctly

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Judged:

I can say I know this person. If I recall this accident happened while he was a young adult when he was 21. Approximately 17 years ago. He has worked hard to get where he is at. Obviously the town of Maize thought he could do a good job or they would of never hired him. Here is something to think about "Non Speeder" If you have a terrible attitude toward people doing their job and are a big nasty when someone tries to correct your wrong doing do not expect the same courtesy. I understand in a police officer's profession they deal more with bad situations than good and an attitude can get in the way sometimes but it works both ways everyone deserves respect as a person police officers and speeders.
Non Speeder

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

Judged:

First of all...it's obvious this officer got a job in Maize because he couldn't cut it in the big city. And Maize doesn't have very high standards. I do not NOR did I have an attitude towards this cop. It is well known through out the Maize community and the Maize district attorney also acknowledged the officer has having an attitude. I have the upmost respect for law enforcement, my uncle was the Chief of Police in a modest size town in Missouri for over 18 yrs.
Job Done Correctly wrote:
I can say I know this person. If I recall this accident happened while he was a young adult when he was 21. Approximately 17 years ago. He has worked hard to get where he is at. Obviously the town of Maize thought he could do a good job or they would of never hired him. Here is something to think about "Non Speeder" If you have a terrible attitude toward people doing their job and are a big nasty when someone tries to correct your wrong doing do not expect the same courtesy. I understand in a police officer's profession they deal more with bad situations than good and an attitude can get in the way sometimes but it works both ways everyone deserves respect as a person police officers and speeders.
Parent of Maize Student

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Judged:

I have to agree with Non Speeder. This particular officer has issues. My children go to MCE, I was taking them to school one morning in my Suburban. We have a full bench seat in the front with a console that folds down. All three of us were in our seatbelts. He was standing on the corner in front of the police station watching people. I turned in to the school and circled around back by the police station. He motioned for me to pull over and proceeded to accuse me of having a child sitting on top of the console with no seatbelt! I held up the seatbelt for the middle seat to show him that she was seatbelted in. So, then he apologized. Why would you even pull someone over if you don't even know the facts? I have also heard a lot of horror stories about how he pulls high schools students over for the smallest thing and then proceeds to bully them to tears. I can understand pulling over high school students if they are doing something wrong, but why does he have to be a jerk about it?
a n old man

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Judged:

The Maize Officer is a ticking time bomb waiting to embarass Maize and cost them a lot of money.
Being friendly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

Judged:

Maize is not the only town being hit by bully cops! I was just being friendly in Haysville and gave a wave to say Hi and before I knew it I was pulled over! I guess we are getting left with the guys or girls who don't want to go to war. Yes, I got a fix-it ticket! Went home and because of all the rain and pot holes...it was coming on and off. He would not even let me look under the hook to check it out! So I want to twl you your not alone...I believe we are now living back in the 70's when cops shot first and answered question later! I admit I do stay away from that area at night because if I am alone and donnot pull over b/c I am alone I will taking a bullet out of my back! But keep up the good work guys, I hope you will help if I get lost in your town and need direction, please just don't shot!
Maize kids parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

Judged:

My kids go to Maize school. And I know people that work and have dealt with this officer personally. All I have to say is that they are waiting for a law suit. His coworkers have talked to his supervisior about stuff he has done wrong. Yet his supervisior chooses to look the other way. Pretty soon another law suit will be brought on this city by this particular officer. And yes, this is one that was very recently brought on that has not gone to court.

Numerous people I talk to have had run ins with him. A vast majority do not have anything positive to say. There is a couple that did not have anything negative to say though.

I think the city of Maizes need to take a good long look at their current hiring processes and look to see who they have working for them before they end up like another small town with police problems that got out of control and the court stepped in and took charge.
Being friendly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Judged:

I hear about the short in Wichita Fire Station...at this point as I look back...I really didnt believe it it, but now I know they are doing cherry picking( collge girlfriend told me all about it. Even better the cop himself told me!) No lie!!!!!!!!

Back to the problem, maybe the copes can spend the time at the firs station to releave the shortage of not enough firemen! Small town I came from the cop did it all, just like the doctor did years ago when the USA started out. I am a daughter of a fireman and who also worked for police when they did the raids! Come on people of the city...its not about the money, its about protecting people! Times are a changing...plus it would help the budget out! Just my thought...be kind and dont arrest me for a fix-it ticket!
Wow

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Judged:

Humm you must go to Maize school system. Cuz you sure in the HELL cant spellor use proper grammer DORK..
Being friendly wrote:
I hear about the short in Wichita Fire Station...at this point as I look back...I really didnt believe it it, but now I know they are doing cherry picking( collge girlfriend told me all about it. Even better the cop himself told me!) No lie!!!!!!!!
Back to the problem, maybe the copes can spend the time at the firs station to releave the shortage of not enough firemen! Small town I came from the cop did it all, just like the doctor did years ago when the USA started out. I am a daughter of a fireman and who also worked for police when they did the raids! Come on people of the city...its not about the money, its about protecting people! Times are a changing...plus it would help the budget out! Just my thought...be kind and dont arrest me for a fix-it ticket!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of198
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Kechi Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kechi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••