Cult Churches in wichita,ks

Posted in the Kechi Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brad

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2011
Went to a gospel assembly church on North Oliver, I didn't know that cult churches still exist, why do they continue to exist?
brad

Santa Clara, CA

#3 Aug 7, 2011
jonestown
the witness

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 14, 2011
There is Restored Community Church, 21st and Amidion, which is pretty bad too.
Concerned

United States

#8 Aug 16, 2011
Brad wrote:
Went to a gospel assembly church on North Oliver, I didn't know that cult churches still exist, why do they continue to exist?
I don't know what you experienced, or what you heard that makes you think our church is a cult. No one is prevented from leaving, quite the opposite in fact, we have more people leaving than coming. We don't worship our pastor, we believe Jesus is the head of our church. We are all free to make our own decisions. What ever it was that made you think this I really think you must have misunderstood something. Our church is quite different than any other church In the city. Just please don't judge us or turn others away because you didn't understand what was happening, try to have an open heart and mind when it comes to worshiping and serving God.
brad

Mount Morris, MI

#10 Aug 31, 2011
(concerned) I have never seen anyone get so much praise like your pastor other than the lord, there are no pictures of Christ or a cross only a picture of a past pastor, you praise god not your pastor.
the witness

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 31, 2011
I'm assuming you meant to say they praise their pastor more than the lord. Sounds familiar to another church I know.
brad

Mount Morris, MI

#13 Sep 1, 2011
the witness wrote:
I'm assuming you meant to say they praise their pastor more than the lord. Sounds familiar to another church I know.
that's what I meant, it was a sight to see, they were all thanking the pastor for everything before they were thanking the lord, some just thank the pastor, very odd!
shirley phelps roper

San Mateo, CA

#14 Sep 1, 2011
the witness

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 2, 2011
No one wants to hear from your inbreed so called god loving people church...
wichitarick

Springdale, AR

#16 Sep 16, 2011
Hmmmmmm?

I thought they ALL WERE!

If we applied the same rules to them that we apply to schools everyone in the nation would be home schooled!
I am not against most things though!
At least the lost souls have a place to come together & don't fill up the mental wards as fast!
Rick ,DAD
EXGACER

Orange Park, FL

#17 Apr 23, 2012
Look up all the GAC churches across the states and you will see more that are "cult like" than not! More of these have know sexual abuse issues that have been covered up for years. These are all at the hands of the ministers! Cult are not! there is something not right with most of these GAC churches. Just saying.
blackwizard31

United States

#18 Apr 24, 2012
The Black Jesus don't make a cult for Childs.
carmalina

Newton, KS

#19 Dec 6, 2012
i want to join what you all call a cult tho in all reality is just a family that shares most of the same beliefs if there really are domestic familys in wichita ks plz tell me
Kim

Orland Park, IL

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Anyone here of the Cornerstone Church or talk to their members? There seems to be several church members very damaged from this church. It sounded cult like. It existed on the east side in the 1990's. not sure if it still exists.
Richard

Berlin, Germany

#21 Apr 27, 2013
I've been to a couple churches in ks and NC and some I found might have "worshiped" the pastor a little to much. But most southern baptist churches I've been to simply worshipped The Lord and his word. And I've been to some that had gotten way over the top and seemed to get away from God.
Rich

Moline, IL

#22 Jul 11, 2013
I have been to a few of the Gospel Assembly Churches. Some may have different names. They do have a lot of biblical knowledge and are good about seeking more truth. Some of their assemblies are good, but some are run like a cult. They put too much focus on the pastor and not enough on the love of Christ. They preach judgement more than Gods love. The rules are beyond biblical as that is how the Pharisees worshipped. The children are literally slaves there. Not only is there no TV, but no Micky Mouse or anything for little children as it don't glorify Christ. No celebration of holidays. Sports like little league baseball are totally forbidden. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are totally forbidden. No toys allowed, not even for little children. No friends other than the few that go to their church. No contact with family members other than go to that church. No swimming as it shows off too much flesh. None of the parents ever take their child fishing or something. It is total bondage. Most these kids rebel at 18 years old and get into heavy drugs and become drunks becuase they were decieved and never knew God's love. Even worse, the only God they know is one that judges them and took away their life, so many don't every come back to God. You ministers that support this are doing the work of the devil by destroying these kids lives. They need to be taught Gods love and they are never taught that at Gospel Assembly.
Rich

Moline, IL

#23 Jul 11, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you experienced, or what you heard that makes you think our church is a cult. No one is prevented from leaving, quite the opposite in fact, we have more people leaving than coming. We don't worship our pastor, we believe Jesus is the head of our church. We are all free to make our own decisions. What ever it was that made you think this I really think you must have misunderstood something. Our church is quite different than any other church In the city. Just please don't judge us or turn others away because you didn't understand what was happening, try to have an open heart and mind when it comes to worshiping and serving God.
I do have knowledge of the Gospel Assembly and some others in that organization. They have different names and are non denomination. They do go on William Sowders doctrine. I do believe there is a lot of truth there and the ministers as well as the members are keen on the doctrine. Yes I believe in the Holy Ghost as I do have The Holy Ghost. I love The Lord with all my might. He comes before anything in my life. However your church may have a lot of truth, there is a lot of abuse of power from some of the ministers. First of all the Pharisees made up man made laws which Jesus wasn't very happy about. The rules are beyond biblical. The fear put in the people is not of God. Jesus came to free us from fear, shame, and guilt. The children are literal slaves or prisoners there to no fault of their own. They can't be kids. No toys for little kids. No Micky Mouse or Bugs Bunny since you don't feel it glorifies Christ. No playing sports, no scouts, no dance, no anything. Never does the Gospel Assembly teach the children God's love for them, but instead fear and bondage. They often leave when they are adults and never come back. I am going to be a parent soon and adopt a child. I want to raise that child to put Christ first and teach that child the love of Christ so that child will live the rest of his life wanting to serve Christ. I have an idea who the child is that will be coming to my home. He is 6 years old with a nice smile and loves his red short sleeve Mickey Mouse shirt. Do you think I can be as mean as any of you supposing Christians and tear that shirt off him and tell him he can't wear it and make him cry? I know a majority of the ministers in your body would be that cruel to do that like the ultimatly self rightious Bro. Richard LaFluer, Bro. Jesus Rivera, Bro. Linniger, etc. That child can wear Micky Mouse as much as he wants in my home. I would never try to hurt that kid in any way and it makes me so very sick how your kids have suffered in that church as prisoners. Show me scripture to prove you are just to take away childrens childhoods? You have none whatsoever. My kid can play baseball if he wants too. I will take him out on vacation like Disney if I get a chance to do so. Yes the bible will be first and bible study almost every day, however even Jesus took rest. That is another thing your church does not believe in is a vacation after working very hard for a year and earning one on my job. Since you ministers think you are so important, then why don't one of you cast the first stone? We all fall short of the glory of God. And Jesus also said for the first to be last and the last to be first. The Gospel Assembly ministry thinks only they will see Christ, and not the members when he comes back here. Jesus came for the needy and doesn't play politics like that. Why don't you all read more about Christ in your bibles instead of studying on man's adamic nature every week.
Rich

Moline, IL

#24 Jul 11, 2013
the witness wrote:
Yes The Gospel Assembly does put the ministry first. They did not read too much of the teachings of Christ. Jesus said the first shall be last and the last shall be first. I am not saying that every one of their assemblys are that bad, but some of them are because the pastor gets power to his head. Please feel free to read my other comments that I wrote. The children suffer as prisoners in bondage at that church.
Rich

Moline, IL

#25 Jul 11, 2013
Kim wrote:
Anyone here of the Cornerstone Church or talk to their members? There seems to be several church members very damaged from this church. It sounded cult like. It existed on the east side in the 1990's. not sure if it still exists.
I think the Cornerstone Church is affiliated with the Gospel Assembly and some other non denomination churches. I know there is one named Cornerstone Church in Beaverton, OR that is part of it. Yes I used to belong to that group and it has been 20 years since I went there and I am still in a lot of pain. My life never has been the same. I truly love God and just wanted to do what is right. Please read my other comments on here and they will explain more about the church.
amazed

Wichita, KS

#26 Jul 15, 2013
Catholics are the biggest cult churches!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kechi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16-year-old is running for Kansas governor seat... Wed Christsharians on... 9
News Kidnapping: When does pretend become real? (Dec '07) Jul 27 Tim 23
Skype sex with Mex babe Jul 24 Hoping33 3
News In Wichita, Kobach blasts funding for illegal i... Jul 21 ardith 2
News Tutera Group head Joe Tutera subject of lawsuit... (Mar '14) Jul 21 Danielle 7
Kechi (Apr '14) Apr '14 Wondering 1
free sex tonight! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Erick Rushia 1

Kechi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kechi Mortgages