|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
I think there is one thing missing in all of this debate like privacy issues or maybe a little to much big brother from the fed. When I buy a gun I get a instant criminal background check, ok no problem I always pass. Why dies it need to go any further than that?
In Kansas, and many other states, what do you think the CC registration is already doing? But really what's the big deal. You are on a federal or state registry when you are born, when you get married, when you buy a house, when you buy a car, when you buy a boat, when you get a job, when you join the Army, when you are admitted into the hospital, when you travel oversees ..." If anyone thinks we have privacy in this country they are sorely mistaken.
gunowner wrote:
Some if you say saftey if the cops had to come to my house and looked up my info before hand and knew I owned guns wouldn't that make them a little trigger happy upon arrival? Where is my saftey in that situation?
This isn't just about you. But it could also end up saving your life. And no, it "likely" won't make them trigger happy, but it could make them more cautious.
gunowner wrote:
As for the big brother thing I font need anymore laws telling me what I can and cannot do in my own house. I own guns I keep my guns securely locked up when I'm not using them. There are already like 20,000 gun laws do we really need more?

Who is going to pay for all the extra background checks, who is going to pay for all the extra employee's? Who will be paying for all the lost tax revenue and unemployment for all the small business owners who will be put out if Fienstiens bill is approved?
When you talk about 20,000 laws that is all the different federal, state, city, and county laws. It's not like you have 20,000 laws to abide by. I don't know if you're right or not about that number, but can you tell me any of those that are not being enforced?
As for your other point, we will simply go back to the way it was a few years ago before the Brady Bill was allowed to expire.
gunowner wrote:
And on a sad note all the nice little gun grabbers where hoping for something tragic to happen and they got their wish in the worst way possible.
No one wished for anything. And the "gun grabber" theory is a fantasy made up by right wing extremists who want to instill fear. Not one single piece of legislation anywhere even comes close to any notion that you will lose your right to keep your guns. No one is proposing anyone will take your guns. They just want to add a few weapons to the already long list of weapons that the civilian really doesn't need - like a rocket launcher or grenade.
gunowner

Tontitown, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing or ignoring the point. The primary purpose of a car is to transport people and their things from Point A to Point B. The primary purpose of a firearm is to kill animals or people.
When one of your fellow firearm extremists murders 20 babies, I blame the extremist, their family who didn't deal with their illness, the failed psychiatric system and the firearm manufacturer.
I blame firearm manufacturers, who made it so dayum easy to murder babies, almost any of you firearm extremist simpletons can do it. I agree we should ghost firearm extremists like they never existed.
You appear to be one of the many firearm apologist, shill, toadies who blame anyone by the firearm, the firearm pushers at the NRA and the firearm manufacturers, who play them like the puppets they are.
Sib I'm a puppet because I like shooting hung and enjoy hunting. I'm not apologising for anyone or anything I enjoy my guns and I don't need more rules to comply to. I an not a criminal I shouldn't be treated like one.
gunowner

Tontitown, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

chill wrote:
<quoted text>
In Kansas, and many other states, what do you think the CC registration is already doing? But really what's the big deal. You are on a federal or state registry when you are born, when you get married, when you buy a house, when you buy a car, when you buy a boat, when you get a job, when you join the Army, when you are admitted into the hospital, when you travel oversees ..." If anyone thinks we have privacy in this country they are sorely mistaken.
<quoted text>
This isn't just about you. But it could also end up saving your life. And no, it "likely" won't make them trigger happy, but it could make them more cautious.
<quoted text>
When you talk about 20,000 laws that is all the different federal, state, city, and county laws. It's not like you have 20,000 laws to abide by. I don't know if you're right or not about that number, but can you tell me any of those that are not being enforced?
As for your other point, we will simply go back to the way it was a few years ago before the Brady Bill was allowed to expire.
<quoted text>
No one wished for anything. And the "gun grabber" theory is a fantasy made up by right wing extremists who want to instill fear. Not one single piece of legislation anywhere even comes close to any notion that you will lose your right to keep your guns. No one is proposing anyone will take your guns. They just want to add a few weapons to the already long list of weapons that the civilian really doesn't need - like a rocket launcher or grenade.
gun grabber a fantasy I think not I would have to find the quote again but the jest of is "if I thought I could get enough votes I would make every assault rifle illegal and make every person who owned one turn them in " that was spoken by miss fiensien herself. The funny part about this woman pushing gun control is that she thinks it is perfectly fine that she is a conceal carry licensee but I guess it is ok for the law makers to be exempt from the laws they wish to push on the general public.
chill

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> gun grabber a fantasy I think not I would have to find the quote again but the jest of is "if I thought I could get enough votes I would make every assault rifle illegal and make every person who owned one turn them in " that was spoken by miss fiensien herself. The funny part about this woman pushing gun control is that she thinks it is perfectly fine that she is a conceal carry licensee but I guess it is ok for the law makers to be exempt from the laws they wish to push on the general public.
I don't think she is CC an assault rifle. Just curious though, what kind of weapons should be banned, where do we draw the line?

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> Sib I'm a puppet because I like shooting hung and enjoy hunting. I'm not apologising for anyone or anything I enjoy my guns and I don't need more rules to comply to. I an not a criminal I shouldn't be treated like one.
Neither are people who register their cars, yet they must do it.
wakeup

Savonburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

If people had their hearts right with the lord then they wouldnt care so much about their guns.
the people

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

wakeup wrote:
If people had their hearts right with the lord then they wouldnt care so much about their guns.
I agree that people need to get right with the Lord; our whole nation needs to repent and get right with the Lord. However, I do not agree with the gun issue. Jesus told the disciples to sell all they had, even their cloak and buy a sword. They didn't have guns back in the day; if they had, Jesus would have told us to buy a gun.
blah

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess his family should sue the manufacturer of the GPS instead since it doesn't display in espaniol.
\
You can choose which language you want on most GPS devices.
Read it

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

the people wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that people need to get right with the Lord; our whole nation needs to repent and get right with the Lord. However, I do not agree with the gun issue. Jesus told the disciples to sell all they had, even their cloak and buy a sword. They didn't have guns back in the day; if they had, Jesus would have told us to buy a gun.
Please get your Bible out and read the entire scripture in context.
blah

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
Tell me something, gun afficionadoes: what's the objection to universal background checks? Really.
They want to make money by selling guns to anyone with cash. That's what has always been behind this.
guns and religion

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

the people wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns and religion go together like a horse and carriage or soup and sandwich. They`ve become intertwined to dictate the course of mankind. Without firepower, man is helpless. Religion fills in the gaps, calms our fears, and gives us solace. The biggest threat to global security is religion, backed by firepower. If climate change doesn`t kill us off, guns and religion will.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Here is a good read for the gun grabber crowd ; Kansas House Bill #2199 Second amendment protection act.
House bill 2199

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

gunowner wrote:
Here is a good read for the gun grabber crowd ; Kansas House Bill #2199 Second amendment protection act.
House bill 2199 an act regulating traffic; concerning certain right-of-way violations;providing for increased penalties, and it died in committee yesterday
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are people who register their cars, yet they must do it.
Owning a car is not a right.
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
Tell me something, gun afficionadoes: what's the objection to universal background checks? Really.
We should require government background checks on people before they are allowed to publish anything.
why

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
We should require government background checks on people before they are allowed to publish anything.
You didn't answer the question -
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

why wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question -
The objection is the same as requiring government approval before getting anything published.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
Owning a car is not a right.
Neither is owning a gun

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sense we do, in the sense that there is freedom of the press...if you own one. The "background check" there consists of cold, hard cash.

That's one of a few ways modern technology has improved life. Newspapers - entraprenneurial freedom of speech and the press - are dying. Everybody's a pundit. George Will has nothing on Joe Schmoe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,781 - 4,800 of5,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kechi Discussions

Search the Kechi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 4 hr Ontopofit 116
Maize Cops-BEWARE! (Feb '07) 23 hr Maize resident 201
Linda Kirby Jul 18 Top hat 4
Sal's Japenese restaraunt 4 measle cases from w... Jul 14 wow 2
Pope to sex abuse victims: I beg your forgiveness Jul 8 curious 1
Review: Air Capital Technologies Jul 2 Ricky Martin 2
Kechi Apr '14 Wondering 1
•••
•••