Be wary of someone asking for money

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Not Robbed Today

London, KY

#1 Apr 28, 2013
This just happened at the little store across from Hunter Hill school.My husband drove in,parked got out and some guy,boy,he is so upset he can't even recall the color of the car or we'd call the police.But the guy asked him for a few dollars to get to London,my husband told him he didn't have any money to give away.He started to get out of his car,my husband felt threatened and put his hand on his pocket ,where the gun he carries was,the guy seen it got back in his car and left,but it could be different if you don't own a gun,be very careful if anyone asks you for money.
HaHa

London, KY

#2 Apr 28, 2013
Not Robbed Today wrote:
This just happened at the little store across from Hunter Hill school.My husband drove in,parked got out and some guy,boy,he is so upset he can't even recall the color of the car or we'd call the police.But the guy asked him for a few dollars to get to London,my husband told him he didn't have any money to give away.He started to get out of his car,my husband felt threatened and put his hand on his pocket ,where the gun he carries was,the guy seen it got back in his car and left,but it could be different if you don't own a gun,be very careful if anyone asks you for money.
Hahaha, this is hilarious. Your gun toting husband is scared of a boy asking for money.
Not Robbed Today

Somerset, KY

#3 Apr 28, 2013
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, this is hilarious. Your gun toting husband is scared of a boy asking for money.
Is it funny to you? When someone asks for money and you say no and they start to get out of a car,what would you think? A normal person would not open the door and start to come after you,they would in fact just say ok and let it go,they have cameras out there,wouldn't hurt to call the cops and get them to roll the video,at that direct time.
nope

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2013
Your husband sounds like he doesnt really have enough intestinal fortitude to be carrying a weapon.
HaHa

London, KY

#5 Apr 28, 2013
nope wrote:
Your husband sounds like he doesnt really have enough intestinal fortitude to be carrying a weapon.
Exactly and I agree!
Not Robbed Today

Somerset, KY

#6 Apr 28, 2013
nope wrote:
Your husband sounds like he doesnt really have enough intestinal fortitude to be carrying a weapon.
He has a conceal carry permit.I guess i'm gonna have to assume you and ha ha are thieves,and angry at the thought you might get lead in your butt,am i right?That place and k-mart have had numerous people robbed their purse or billfold snatched,heads beaten in.This was a man not a little boy,i only said boy to mean it wasn't a girl-woman,plus there were 2 of them,A man driving and the passenger.They may have had weapons themselves,it has happened there before,but the fact you are taking up for thieves tells one all they need to know.Have a nice day,people like you deserve to be robbed,but i'm betting you do the stealing.
HaHa

London, KY

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Actually I am a middle aged female and I too have my ccdw. But I am not afraid of my shadow or of someone asking for money. It pays to be aware of your surroundings but not get so torn up because someone asks for money that you can't even give a description. With someone just asking for money is scaring your husband this bad then he sure don't need a gun....I am getting a good mental picture of Barney Fife.....HaHa
jbt

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Apr 28, 2013
this has happened to me twice at walmart
the last time was yesterday saturday.
they use a women to get out of the car
and tell you they are about out of gas and have
a babby in the car. the first time i gave them money
but yesterday i told the women she had done this to me before
she said it wasn't her but it was they drive an older model
black car.
nope

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2013
I am usually against gun control, but in your case.......
Your husband is to weak hearted to carry, and you are just plain, old fashioned crazy.

Signed,
a combat vet, ccdw holder, and pilot.
Bob

Barbourville, KY

#10 Apr 28, 2013
nope wrote:
I am usually against gun control, but in your case.......
Your husband is to weak hearted to carry, and you are just plain, old fashioned crazy.

Signed,
a combat vet, ccdw holder, and pilot.
Need to add POS troll to your signature line.
Not Robbed Today

Somerset, KY

#11 Apr 28, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Need to add POS troll to your signature line.
Thank you Bob.I am quitting with this though as i feel most don't understand what i am saying.I was only trying to warn others,to be on the alert for 2 men who would open the car door and come after you,if you said no to their request.At no time was my husband afraid,but like anyone who thinks they may have to use a gun it is upsetting.If anyone has a heart it would upset them to have to shoot another.But it appears,not many on topix have one.I was only afraid the 2 would hurt someone who didn't deserve it,sorry i posted most people on here are not too kind.
achmed

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Apr 28, 2013
Good thing it wasn't me i keep a bug bomb hair spray an a lighter
Not Robbed Today

Somerset, KY

#13 Apr 28, 2013
HaHa wrote:
Actually I am a middle aged female and I too have my ccdw. But I am not afraid of my shadow or of someone asking for money. It pays to be aware of your surroundings but not get so torn up because someone asks for money that you can't even give a description. With someone just asking for money is scaring your husband this bad then he sure don't need a gun....I am getting a good mental picture of Barney Fife.....HaHa
And i am getting a better one of you,you are saying,someone could get out of a car and come after you and you could shoot to kill without batting an eyelash.Sorry not everyone is so happy to kill.I once had a car follow me from k-mart to the police station. to this day i couldn't tell you what the man or car looked like,only he floored it after i turned in at the police station,he had tryed to pick me up,i said no and took off.not everyone is so gun happy they get excited about killing,boss hogg,only you,but i still think you are a thief.And are lying about the rest,so be it.
Not robbed either

Somerset, KY

#14 Apr 28, 2013
I'm with you Not Robbed Today. My husband packs his XD45 EVERYWHERE we go. I don't trust anyone And neither does he. I feel a lot safer knowing if my husband was in the same situation he'd be armed to defend himself. Of course, my husband can do it without a gun and no one bothers him cause he's a big guy. Either way, crime is rediculous around anywhere anymore. I want a gun on my side anyway, anyday you never know.
Wonderin

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Apr 29, 2013
anyone been hit up by the guy who needs money because his wife is pregnant and hungry?
Happened2me

Carlisle, KY

#17 Apr 29, 2013
I was also hit up by the blonde lady asking for money at Corbin Walmart... She pointed back to a 94-96 black Toyota Camry (I know because I work at Toyota) and said she had a baby in the car and needed a few dollars for gas. I also have my ccdw permit and pack my s&w shield .40 everywhere I go. I had my wife and baby girl with me and knew that it wasn't worth starting a big scene over... I knew for a fact they had done this before because I'm on topix quit often.. Lol I told her I only carry a debit card and have no cash... This made her alittle upset and looking back at the black Camry so I calmly lifted my shirt enough for her to see my pistol and said look lady.. I don't want any trouble... So she walked away... Best way I felt to resolve the situation without and trouble... What do you think...???
Tuti Phruti

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Apr 29, 2013
I agree with carrying a gun to protect oneself. The idea of someone making you take your gun, out and defend yourself, turns my stomach. Get a cell phone with a built in camera, and take pictures of these menacing people. Don't get me wrong, if I had to defend myself, I would do it.
Afraid

Williamsburg, KY

#19 Apr 29, 2013
Tuti Phruti wrote:
I agree with carrying a gun to protect oneself. The idea of someone making you take your gun, out and defend yourself, turns my stomach. Get a cell phone with a built in camera, and take pictures of these menacing people. Don't get me wrong, if I had to defend myself, I would do it.
I don't know how to use a cell phone. I know how to use a gun.
nope

United States

#21 Apr 30, 2013
I am all for carrying a weapon, however, this post is about someone that was ready to shoot another for getting out of their car at a store. The most dangerous thing on the planet is a paranoid, scared, coward with a loaded weapon.
You guys talk like this is Syria. I have carried for years, been in numerous fights and stabbed twice, while carrying. I have yet to feel the need to pull my weapon. You should only draw when your life is in immediate danger, not when you are facing a black eye or some mean words.
Happened2me

Manchester, KY

#22 Apr 30, 2013
nope wrote:
I am all for carrying a weapon, however, this post is about someone that was ready to shoot another for getting out of their car at a store. The most dangerous thing on the planet is a paranoid, scared, coward with a loaded weapon.
You guys talk like this is Syria. I have carried for years, been in numerous fights and stabbed twice, while carrying. I have yet to feel the need to pull my weapon. You should only draw when your life is in immediate danger, not when you are facing a black eye or some mean words.
He never said he was ready to shoot because they were going to get out of the car... From the way I read it he is just saying he made it known to the guy that he HAD a weapon... I feel like he some the right thing by letting the guy know that he had a weapon so it eliminated any chance of trouble getting started before it did...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cta ...UNION 23 min old timer 11
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min John316 155,559
It's 'bar-ber-ville" you flippin' idiots! (May '12) 39 min neo cons cant 18
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 44 min IND 7,391
Forty Mile Fork 2 hr Lucy 3
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr butthead 1,073
Land contract 3 hr Mosley 16
Keavy Dating
Find my Match

Keavy Jobs

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]