london hospital
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
erica

Richmond, KY

#22 Mar 18, 2013
I also meant to add that they should have told you what I tell my patients.. Complications following AEBP include the following: backache (35%), neck pain (0.9%), and transient temperature elevations (5%) lasting 2448 hours. Bleeding, infection, repeat dural puncture, and arachnoiditis from blood injected into the subarachnoid space have been reported. There have been at least two cases of facial nerve paralysis reported following autologous blood patch, both of which resolved spontaneously. Significant complications following large-volume epidural blood patches for postdural puncture headache were reported. Always always the patient needs to be informed, most refuse after I tell them of all the things that can happen. Seek help for your problem. If you do not trust your current Doctor go else where. If you have called your doctor and they have not personally called you back with concerns, go some where else. I always make sure I call my patients back and see how they are doing.
cat

Lexington, KY

#23 Mar 18, 2013
Thank you
sarahsims

Lexington, KY

#24 Mar 18, 2013
Cat, I work in London and view topix quite often. I am so sorry you have had such pain. Years ago I had a lp for suspected infection. I also had terrible back pain. It is true they don't always tell you of the complications. Sometimes the test to find the problem is worse than the problem. I can't believe you laid up in er so long! I also hate the Dr. doing the procedure didn't give you ALL the risk. They tend to tell you of the very small risk..sad. my wish for you is to get better. I wonder if they would have the procedure done on themselves. One time a Dr.tried to prescribe me a medication and after reading about I decided against it. I ask the Dr. If he would take it or give it to his wife. His response was no. LOL prayers to you and you hang in there. Try not to worry. Maybe some medical people on here will give you some comfort.
hmmm

Winchester, KY

#25 Mar 19, 2013
what is a blood patch? Just wondering..
erica

Lexington, KY

#26 Mar 19, 2013
hmmm wrote:
what is a blood patch? Just wondering..
sometimes when a person has a spinal tap the hole from the needle does not close,thus causing a leak of spinal fluid. The headache is horrible. A blood patch is blood from the person and injected into the epidural space to help the hole seal,so to speak. The headache is then cure. The blood gives the hole time to heal.
erica

Lexington, KY

#27 Mar 19, 2013
Did you find out anything? How are you feeling?
cat

Lexington, KY

#28 Mar 19, 2013
I am still having some back pain. My husband does not want to take me back to London. He is angry over the whole mess. He said the Dr. Should have called to check up on me. He is angry because the tap was so painful and so was the patch.
Shyster

London, KY

#29 Mar 22, 2013
Nobody reads the fine print. Doctors are not gods.
cat

Lancaster, KY

#30 Mar 22, 2013
My obgyn was shocked when I told him what had happened. He told me....." Doctors will kill you if you let them, they will run test after test and make a slight problem larger",
Whole story

Dyer, TN

#31 Mar 23, 2013
It's great when someone can come on here tell a story leave off facts. I will say more to this then being said. And all facts are not correct
cat

Lexington, KY

#32 Apr 3, 2013
Whole story wrote:
It's great when someone can come on here tell a story leave off facts. I will say more to this then being said. And all facts are not correct
facts? What more facts do you need? The radiologist had to ask why he was doing the tap. Nurse had to call and ask Dr. The tap was horrible! They didn't inform me of the dangers. 2 week headache and the a blood patch, only told of low chance of infection. Tried numerous times to talk to Dr. Only to get sidetracked by his nurse who knew nothing. Tried to make an appointment but could only be seen at his convienience! Want more facts? I have plenty! Nurse only came in to see me once after blood patch, then complained about her ling shift. Attentant could not find a wheel chair and ask me if I could walk out! Er doctor kept pushing me to do something, even as went as far as telling me he had had a blood patch. Have not recieved one call from Dr.asking how I am doing. Had pelvic pain after tap, was told it had nothing to do with it. The night of the blood patch they couldn't figure out where to put me,Er did not want me. I told them to call the Dr. And was told he was probably on a beach somewhere and wouldn't come.
cat

Lexington, KY

#33 Apr 3, 2013
Dr. Told me the tap was no big deal. Acted like it was like an epidural in labor. Then when I had problems ended up telling me his wife nearly died from a dural puncture! You want more facts?? Tried to call hospital Er only to be told by a guard they don't take calls. Called the hospital and ask to speak to the Dr. Who did the patch only to ne told they weren't answering their phone. I have tried 4 times to speak to the neuro who ordered all this. He does not call. Their office calls finally and wants me to come in at his convienance, could not come that day, already used all my sick days from work, ask to come another day only to be told he wouldn't be back until mid April.
Paralegal

London, KY

#34 Apr 3, 2013
I assume you know plagiarism is against the law.....
erica wrote:
I also meant to add that they should have told you what I tell my patients.. Complications following AEBP include the following: backache (35%), neck pain (0.9%), and transient temperature elevations (5%) lasting 2448 hours. Bleeding, infection, repeat dural puncture, and arachnoiditis from blood injected into the subarachnoid space have been reported. There have been at least two cases of facial nerve paralysis reported following autologous blood patch, both of which resolved spontaneously. Significant complications following large-volume epidural blood patches for postdural puncture headache were reported. Always always the patient needs to be informed, most refuse after I tell them of all the things that can happen. Seek help for your problem. If you do not trust your current Doctor go else where. If you have called your doctor and they have not personally called you back with concerns, go some where else. I always make sure I call my patients back and see how they are doing.
yes

Nicholasville, KY

#35 Apr 4, 2013
Paralegal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I do know that.
Paralegalism

Flat Lick, KY

#36 Apr 4, 2013
Paralegal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in America.
goodlord

Lexington, KY

#37 Apr 20, 2013
Sue them if they did not tell you of the dangers. They should have went over the risks with you prior to the tap. You need to get the radiologist name who did it. You need to get the records from the procedure. Back pain is one of the complications. If you ask about that and they said no , sue the crap out of them. I know several people who have had this done and they didn't suffer like you. You need to report all you went through.
ohmy

Nicholasville, KY

#39 May 20, 2013
I was going to have a tap once but after the Dr. Went over all the risk I declined. You should have been told of all the risk. My mother in law had one done and she said her pelvic area even hurt!
thetruth

Lexington, KY

#40 May 24, 2013
Funny how they don't tell you of all the risk until you have something go wrong. I am a nurse and I can tell you that some drs are not very good at doing these. I would not just let any Dr. do one.
Faye

Richmond, KY

#41 May 30, 2013
I have to agree with thetruth..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 30 min Walk with God 1,581
Hit girl at booth WD Bryants then krogers. 47 min John 5
Jessica Boone 56 min Cheesy 2
Another dem goes down 4 hr J carroll 6
More fake dem voters found 4 hr Cnn 8
green light on outside front door (Jan '11) 6 hr Binski 142
anyone know frank brown works for pepsi 6 hr Yogi bear 30

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance