Why does woman stay with men that treat them like crap

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

Pineville, KY

#1 Jun 30, 2012
I see so many woman that are so pretty that have a man they have been with for years and he treats her like dirt why would u stay with someone like that and most of them can do better and as a man why would a man treat a woman like that when she's there for him
Idk

Barbourville, KY

#2 Jun 30, 2012
I am one of those women sadly. I honestly have no idea why we do it. Stupidity? Infatuation? Love? Hope of them changing? Actually thinking they WILL change? The chase of having someone not be obsessed with you as much as you are them? We honestly don't understand it ourselves. So it's no wonder nice guys don't understand either. Maybe they beat our selfesteem so low that we are afraid we will be alone. Maybe it's just really good sex. I'm sure it's a different story for all of us.
Because

Richmond, KY

#3 Jun 30, 2012
We know something is wrong with us if a loser can't love us so we stay. All the shit I get called all the times he gets in my face I deserve it and if I was to leave someone else is going to see all my faults and do the same thing. Sometimes even though you see it one way maybe she is broken and that's what she deserves. Not everyone is suppose to have the fairy tale.
I did

United States

#4 Jul 1, 2012
I did because he held my job over my head. Looking back I wish I'd have left years ago, when I try to tell people how he is he makes them think I'm insane or some other stupid reason. He emotionally and verbally abuses but laughs when confronted about it.
hard worker

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2012
Every woman deserves to be treated like the angels they are. I met my wife ten years ago and she saved my life. So I thank god everyday for her.
Sadden story

Bronx, NY

#6 Jul 3, 2012
I am unfortunately one of those girls, pretty, attractive make good money great career. Honestly dunno why.. I know it's wrong but can't get him off the mind. Maybe hope, dreams that he will love you as much as you do. That with love everything is going to be ok. It's sad that knowing all of this still have to go through this crap. I am quite stubborn and I know there will be a time when I'll walk away.. But it will be late for him. Just love that ass
Iwork

Barbourville, KY

#7 Jul 4, 2012
Idk wrote:
I am one of those women sadly. I honestly have no idea why we do it. Stupidity? Infatuation? Love? Hope of them changing? Actually thinking they WILL change? The chase of having someone not be obsessed with you as much as you are them? We honestly don't understand it ourselves. So it's no wonder nice guys don't understand either. Maybe they beat our selfesteem so low that we are afraid we will be alone. Maybe it's just really good sex. I'm sure it's a different story for all of us.
What's your story? Why do you stay?
hyden

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 4, 2012
i stay so i can share a home cheaper plus no one else i interested n me.
durtymo

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Jul 4, 2012
Sadden story wrote:
I am unfortunately one of those girls, pretty, attractive make good money great career. Honestly dunno why.. I know it's wrong but can't get him off the mind. Maybe hope, dreams that he will love you as much as you do. That with love everything is going to be ok. It's sad that knowing all of this still have to go through this crap. I am quite stubborn and I know there will be a time when I'll walk away.. But it will be late for him. Just love that ass
I can Help you. you will forget him very quickly.
hard worker

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Jul 4, 2012
hyden wrote:
i stay so i can share a home cheaper plus no one else i interested n me.
that's the crazyest thing I ever heard. There is always some man out there to treat you right. U deserve respect. And you need to demand it. Speaking from a mans point of veiw. We are over grown kids. Complete ass holes and can be whiney. If a woman demands respect and demands to be treated right we will come around. Just remeber you got half the money and all the p#$**. So use it to your advantage.
Romantic Man

Corbin, KY

#11 Jul 5, 2012
Idk wrote:
Would love to chat with you.

romantic.corbinman@yahoo.com

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 Jul 5, 2012
There are alot of us who stay when we rally need to go. I finally got the nerve to leave him and did. Now I feel inadequate in starting a new relationship. I sabotage it every time or so they tell me. So did I really benefit from leaving, I will never know.
hard worker

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Jul 5, 2012
If any woman just want to talk to a understanding man. Then email me I'm a good lisener.
hard worker

Middlesboro, KY

#15 Jul 5, 2012
If any ladies just need a man to talk to hit me up I'm a good lisener. Email me at photogifer21@yahoo.com

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 6, 2012
I was one of those ladies that had a man treating me like crap. For years I let him abuse me more ways than one. And all the time I felt like I deserved it. My self esteem was rock bottom. I finally found some strength in me to walk out. But that was a hard battle, even had to get an EPO on him. But even away from him I feel like he has a control over me. I still am fighting my self esteem issue and I dont trust anyone either. Dont get me wrong, I want to be normal and have a wonderful relationship . I want to know what its like to really be happy and and enjoy life again. My friends tell me that I am a beautiful person, inside and out. that Im easy to talk too and get along with. Alot of laughs .... but I have a hard time seeing alot of that. I just feel like I am damage goods from an abusive relationship...

Location hidden

#17 Jul 6, 2012
I wonder sometimes wrote:
I was one of those ladies that had a man treating me like crap. For years I let him abuse me more ways than one. And all the time I felt like I deserved it. My self esteem was rock bottom. I finally found some strength in me to walk out. But that was a hard battle, even had to get an EPO on him. But even away from him I feel like he has a control over me. I still am fighting my self esteem issue and I dont trust anyone either. Dont get me wrong, I want to be normal and have a wonderful relationship . I want to know what its like to really be happy and and enjoy life again. My friends tell me that I am a beautiful person, inside and out. that Im easy to talk too and get along with. Alot of laughs .... but I have a hard time seeing alot of that. I just feel like I am damage goods from an abusive relationship...
I know what you mean and I wish I had something magic to tell you that would make everything okay but the truth is I don't have a clue either. I too let a man tell me year after year that I was stupid, not worth anything....I even went as far to stand there while he shot a 22 pistol around my feet over and over, reloading and reloading until there were 52 holes in the floor. And still I stayed. He was a drinker and every morning he was oh so sorry but the nights were pure hell. I finally decided enough was enough and moved to the other side of the state to flee him. Even after the move if he called me and said come to the house...I was there like I had to obey him. Finally the divorce went through (after I cancelled and started it several times) yet the calls continued but I didn't run back to him. I finally got strong enough to block his phone number and safely say I am glad I did. Now I am in the process of finding me! It's gonna be a long road....good luck to you!
beebee

London, KY

#18 Jul 7, 2012
The men never treat me like crap...at first....the abuse comes out later on after I've already fallen in love with him. Then it's much harder to break away.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#19 Jul 7, 2012
NightLily wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean and I wish I had something magic to tell you that would make everything okay but the truth is I don't have a clue either. I too let a man tell me year after year that I was stupid, not worth anything....I even went as far to stand there while he shot a 22 pistol around my feet over and over, reloading and reloading until there were 52 holes in the floor. And still I stayed. He was a drinker and every morning he was oh so sorry but the nights were pure hell. I finally decided enough was enough and moved to the other side of the state to flee him. Even after the move if he called me and said come to the house...I was there like I had to obey him. Finally the divorce went through (after I cancelled and started it several times) yet the calls continued but I didn't run back to him. I finally got strong enough to block his phone number and safely say I am glad I did. Now I am in the process of finding me! It's gonna be a long road....good luck to you!

Sounds like you know exactly what I went thru. I had to move out of town and those phone calls never ended.... There were days that I couldnt turn my ringer on because it was him calling nonstop. But when he came to my house and threatin to kill me and I had someone there to witness it I was finally able to get an EPO. That finally gave me alittle peace. I still felt like I had to watch over my shoulder. Trusting people is really hard to do because of that man. When I think I can let my guard down something pops up and I get in defense mode. I cant help it. I have been working on myself and getting help but all I know is it takes time. I just wish I could find a man that would think I was worth being around and not to be abuse.......... Good luck in your life as well.
Whitley County Lady

Winchester, KY

#20 Jul 8, 2012
I wonder sometimes wrote:
... Oh Jesus. I feel like you are me! I have cried over & over after reading this, because I , myself stayed till it got so bad that my Ex was shooting a pistol around me quite often, most likely trying to keep me terrified to leave him. It worked! I was frightened! I did not say anything for a long time. Then, it got to the point where I just left him sleeping one night (he was DRUNK!) and I called a cab, and ran away! He (my Ex) was furious!!! He told me he was coming back to get me and I better not cause him an ounce of trouble...that his gun WAS loaded. So, terrified, I went. HE KEPT PROMISING IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, no more beatings! I tried to believe him. Especially when he would hold onto me so tight and cry on me. Worst of all, I think, was I had already FALLEN IN LOVE with him, before he ever hurt me. He told me I BELONGED TO HIM! I swear I thought I could change his VIOLENT BEHAVIOR patterns if I just tried a little harder. We are seperated now, for good. I had to get an EPO! I cried when I got it. I FEEL LIKE HE IS STILL WATCHING ME, AND WOULD KILL ME IF HE HAD THE CHANCE. I KNOW HE IS A DRUNK, AND TAKES PILLS & GETS "CRAZY" WHEN IT COMES TO ME! I don't know if I will ever feel truly SAFE again. In my mind, he still has "COMPLETE CONTROL" over me!! That is a scary feeling. I Love the GOOD part of him. But, I am too scared of the VIOLENT SIDE. I would like for this to be a bit of advice to you women who are too afraid to just Leave: Please go! Before you end up Dead from him. It only gets Worse! They'll never change. Once he starts hitting & beating & controlling you... either you better leave, or stay & suffer the consequences. Could be your final resting place- The Graveyard!!!

Location hidden

#21 Jul 8, 2012
W. C. Lady thanks for your post. I did feel like you where explaining my past life. You are so true. Ladies get out now while you still can! One day he may just go too far!

I finally left him and he even told me he was going to kill me (and my daughter, her husband and my grand daughter because they took me in) I moved the whole family in the middle of the night across the state. We all up rooted leaving jobs and friends behind. He married right away but continued to terrorize me by phone. One night he even went into a rage, torn up and shot up his house with his new wife right there because I blocked him from being able to send me e-mails. I had changed my cell number and he ran around town crying he was going to kill his self until someone finally gave him my new number and the terror started all over again. I am glad to say it has been almost a year since I have left him and I haven't heard a peep out of him since May. I hope it stays that way. Don't get me wrong, I still love and often think about the good side of him but I had to get away from the bad side!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 155,240
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min DITCH MITCH 6,954
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min ChromiuMan 131,106
is Pelosi insane 46 min learn to read 9
racist holder get $77million job 49 min lib are crooks 2
looking for job (Jan '14) 54 min gd 6
truck for sale cheap. gas saver 58 min camaro 4
Keavy Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Keavy Jobs

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy