Got a question for the morons who hat...
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#43 May 22, 2013
Paul supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot! No one has to care about anyone's business to care about people. Those are two different issues. You're a typical democrat moron aren't you? Apples and oranges here.
You can care about people without caring about their lifestyle, business, feelings, etc. You've been schooled!
You are technically incorrect. Actions speak louder than words. If I am with a person one day and they seem down. it is my job as a person they know to say "is there something you want to talk about or can I help in any way"? That's what you do and if you consider that not caring about someone's business, you're wrong. The worst thing in most cases you can do to a person is not show you care. Alot of suicides may never have happened if we'd taken the time to "care about their business". I'd suggest your definition of caring about people is not what mine is. When I care about someone, I show it....and, I prove it....and, I'm trustworthy.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#44 May 22, 2013
Moneybags wrote:
I agree whole heartedly Self Made. People think they have to have everything that cannot afford it and more money will not help these people. Everyone needs to know how to live with a lot less than they have. People are never satiusfied and won't be even if the minimum wage were 20 dollars per hour right today!
But to their credit Liberals do think Government is the solution to everything. That's those communist dreams coming out.
I'd bet anything if you saw studies on it, there's as many right wing on the govt.'s balance sheet as left. Just because we have a Democratic President who feels God created this Nation with equality, doesn't mean the entire Democratic Party is on that balance sheet. Last I seen someone down there who complained about the government was someone that got every freebie the system could offer and was......Republican. I also know Republicans down there that currently are working the system for money and await it as we speak. They too...Republican/Tea Party...anything they don't understand.
Cornfed

Clintwood, VA

#45 May 24, 2013
Last time I checked, no democrat wants the government out of their lives. Republican want them to leave them alone and want to work and make their own living. I don;t know what planet you are from but some people like making their own way. Not everyone wants things given to them like you.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#46 May 24, 2013
Cornfed wrote:
Last time I checked, no democrat wants the government out of their lives. Republican want them to leave them alone and want to work and make their own living. I don;t know what planet you are from but some people like making their own way. Not everyone wants things given to them like you.
You're in political oblivia is where you are. Republicans want to get what they want. It has nothing to do with anything else. They want control of our work force and labor wages. I can't wait to see the day you have to crawl to them to get that $38/Mo. their Bangladesh slaves get. To slave people like that, I don't care what country it is, is sinful. Your Republicans support places like this, and communist China just to profit higher. And you think they really care about you? Think again. All they have are you junkies that don't know any better, following them in blind pursuit.

I'm a Democrat and I've never in my life had to blame the government for my energy level, nor have I ever had to ask them for anything. Stop blaming the Democrats for milking the govt. while in fact, it's the wealthy that do that, like the Romneys who depend on govt. loans constantly in their line of business. Romney took many loans...home with him and some of you don't have the brains to know what's going on. I try to tell you some of the shenanigans he pulled, but if you held one successful company, you'd trump the 10 others he took down the drain and home with him. Equity firms aren't in business to give you jobs. Are you that dumb? Equity firms are majorly in and out people....buy it, build it (anyway you can show it built), cost people jobs, sell it off, split the loot. That's what equity firms do. And you can bring LOL in on that one as well. He'd be a prime one to ask that question to.

Problem is, some of you simply need education and even if you got it, there's nothing would fix your common sense (the lack thereof).
Well

Manchester, KY

#47 May 25, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Are you kidding me? You are in desperate need of an economics course yourself! Actually you make me kind of nauseous. "Thank a rich man day" GMAFB!! The rich man gets "thanked" every time you buy his over priced goods! What we really need is Thank a customer day.
This is how it really works!:
What creates the jobs, is a healthy economic ecosystem surrounding the company, which starts with the company's customers.
The company's customers buy the company's products, which, in turn, creates the need for the employees to produce, sell, and service those products. If those customers go broke, the demand for the company's products will collapse. And the jobs will disappear, regardless of what the entrepreneur does.
Now, of course entrepreneurs are an important part of the company-creation process. And so are investors, who risk capital in the hope of earning returns. But, ultimately, whether a new company continues growing and creates self-sustaining jobs is a function of customers' ability and willingness to pay for the company's products, not the entrepreneur or the investor capital. Suggesting that "rich entrepreneurs and investors" create the jobs, therefore, Hanauer observes, is like suggesting that squirrels create evolution.
(Or, to put it even more simply, it's like saying that a seed creates a tree. The seed does not create the tree. The seed starts the tree. But what creates the tree is the combination of the DNA in the seed and the soil, sunshine, water, atmosphere, nutrients, and other factors that nurture it. Plant the seed in an inhospitable environment, and it won't create anything. It will die.)
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-1...
Good post! I might add that a person's ability to demand services and products comes from his own productive abilities. He can only place demands for the products/services of others based on how well he provides products and/or services to others.
Key

London, KY

#48 May 25, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in political oblivia is where you are. Republicans want to get what they want. It has nothing to do with anything else. They want control of our work force and labor wages. I can't wait to see the day you have to crawl to them to get that $38/Mo. their Bangladesh slaves get. To slave people like that, I don't care what country it is, is sinful. Your Republicans support places like this, and communist China just to profit higher. And you think they really care about you? Think again. All they have are you junkies that don't know any better, following them in blind pursuit.
I'm a Democrat and I've never in my life had to blame the government for my energy level, nor have I ever had to ask them for anything. Stop blaming the Democrats for milking the govt. while in fact, it's the wealthy that do that, like the Romneys who depend on govt. loans constantly in their line of business. Romney took many loans...home with him and some of you don't have the brains to know what's going on. I try to tell you some of the shenanigans he pulled, but if you held one successful company, you'd trump the 10 others he took down the drain and home with him. Equity firms aren't in business to give you jobs. Are you that dumb? Equity firms are majorly in and out people....buy it, build it (anyway you can show it built), cost people jobs, sell it off, split the loot. That's what equity firms do. And you can bring LOL in on that one as well. He'd be a prime one to ask that question to.
Problem is, some of you simply need education and even if you got it, there's nothing would fix your common sense (the lack thereof).
your wrong free market is the complete opposite of control. Look at the IRS full of obamanites that being questioned for their illegal activities. Or the phone taps brought on by biased and corrupt Obama supporters and government workers. Look at the Benghazi scandal and how they refuse to own up to the cover up. Or look at the fact Obama has refused to use any tragedy to help the situations but instead used those tragedies for political motives. And your argument is repubs just wants control? I'm starting to think your a conspiracist or a complete liar full package. Because in the free market government has to stay out of the private sector until laws are broken. In the case of the IRS scandal no laws were broken by the tea party or small businesses which are owned by conservatives. And yet the conrtrol freaks aka Obama admins are abusing power on the highest levels to stop the free market and personal freedoms. Free will speak up its free will that makes or breaks us. Even God gives us free will and yet never crosses that line of free will. But you all won't except anyone who stands up and opposes bad policy or tyranny. People will defraud,lie, and cheat but its the governments job to uphold the law but instead they abuse their authority and break laws to force their corrupt policy down our throats. That's tyranny at best. I might lose everything I own but I'd rather have my freedom to gain back what I've lost.
Well

Manchester, KY

#49 May 25, 2013
Key wrote:
<quoted text> your wrong free market is the complete opposite of control. Look at the IRS full of obamanites that being questioned for their illegal activities. Or the phone taps brought on by biased and corrupt Obama supporters and government workers. Look at the Benghazi scandal and how they refuse to own up to the cover up. Or look at the fact Obama has refused to use any tragedy to help the situations but instead used those tragedies for political motives. And your argument is repubs just wants control? I'm starting to think your a conspiracist or a complete liar full package. Because in the free market government has to stay out of the private sector until laws are broken. In the case of the IRS scandal no laws were broken by the tea party or small businesses which are owned by conservatives. And yet the conrtrol freaks aka Obama admins are abusing power on the highest levels to stop the free market and personal freedoms. Free will speak up its free will that makes or breaks us. Even God gives us free will and yet never crosses that line of free will. But you all won't except anyone who stands up and opposes bad policy or tyranny. People will defraud,lie, and cheat but its the governments job to uphold the law but instead they abuse their authority and break laws to force their corrupt policy down our throats. That's tyranny at best. I might lose everything I own but I'd rather have my freedom to gain back what I've lost.
Bravo! I might add that in a true free market there are only laws to protect the property rights of each participant. There are no arbitrary laws outside of protecting the property rights of each of us. Minimum wage laws are an example of arbitrary laws that would not exist in a free market. People are free tp buy and sell to and from each other at whatever price they mutually agree upon. The State has no right to interfere unless force is used by either participant.
Well

Manchester, KY

#50 May 25, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
You are technically incorrect. Actions speak louder than words. If I am with a person one day and they seem down. it is my job as a person they know to say "is there something you want to talk about or can I help in any way"? That's what you do and if you consider that not caring about someone's business, you're wrong. The worst thing in most cases you can do to a person is not show you care. Alot of suicides may never have happened if we'd taken the time to "care about their business". I'd suggest your definition of caring about people is not what mine is. When I care about someone, I show it....and, I prove it....and, I'm trustworthy.
We finally agree on caring SpeakUp...I think? As long as your caring and compassion is limited to you privately helping your fellow man and not using government bullys to do your caring for you by taking the money or property of one person to give to another person we can agree.
Retired Farmer

Kuttawa, KY

#51 May 25, 2013
An interesting read (for anybody literate enough to read it):

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publ...
Key

London, KY

#52 May 25, 2013
First of all the environment and not talking about the bad elements in the political atmosphere is fine not a great need today. Earth will outlive us all and yet we believe oil is a product of satan and his dominions you know the white conservative. The only smog hurting the Us civilization is the smoke screen the Libs put up to cover up their corrupt motives. I respect my neighbors by not burning so much wood or unwanted burnable items but that's out of respect to them however it does nothing to grow the economy. I can hug as many trees and buy a smart car and Bash on those with gasoline engines and act like a jerk all day long but in the long run I don't contribute to the economy just a company with a political motive.
Education I can go any direction with this but I won't. to be honest you can't win an argument with anyone with a messed up idealogy in the first place. You have to have common sence and some wisdom to be able to learn or educate another in which it boils down to someone's ideology
Society well lets reflect on today's society and what we all should agree on. United we stand Divided we fall. Lets see what political strategy has the president himself went for in his last term in is doing in this term as well? Society needs to recognize along with any administration the boundaries that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to personal freedom and personal responsibilities.
And should I pay for a bums bad habits or should I carry a dead beat on my shoulders just because he or she is able to work but want just because its so much easier to defraud than it is to live a honest life and work?
The way I see the liberal is made up by people with poor complaints and negative reflections born into them by feeling victimize by others however they are the one contributing to their own problems and the repubs are their escape goat.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#53 May 25, 2013
Firstly, there's more than an economy at stake when we tear down all our nature's resources. Our animals desserve a home to live in. Animals actually are better than humans 21st century. Your smoke pollutes the environment where our animals and babies live and breathe. Our trees absorb alot of pollutents in the air that you'd be sucking down your windpipe if they weren't there. I don't worry only about my neighbor. I worry about every child in this country and our beautiful animals and species that God grants us with who have a right to a home. When you cut down a tree, you may as well foreclose on a family because you just took the creatures that live in that tree's, home.

When you prove to me there are no or less Republicans leaning on a taxpayer for support than Democrats, your post might have half as- credability.

Our social system is a great system. It's "we the people" that destroy that system, then blame someone in the White House for our own evil deeds. When are some of you ever going to grow some logical bal-s.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#54 May 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>We finally agree on caring SpeakUp...I think? As long as your caring and compassion is limited to you privately helping your fellow man and not using government bullys to do your caring for you by taking the money or property of one person to give to another person we can agree.
But you can't depend on everyone to be that way. You're talking about a perfect world again, which we do not live in by far.

When someone reaches wealth status by cheating or taking from others, I wouldn't suggest they be depended upon to voluntarily help anyone unless it means another almighty dollar to them. All you're doing there is, placing more control in their hands.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#55 May 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>Bravo! I might add that in a true free market there are only laws to protect the property rights of each participant. There are no arbitrary laws outside of protecting the property rights of each of us. Minimum wage laws are an example of arbitrary laws that would not exist in a free market. People are free tp buy and sell to and from each other at whatever price they mutually agree upon. The State has no right to interfere unless force is used by either participant.
There's so much money and power in the hands of the wealthy now, there's NO way we'd hand them more by allowing them complete labor and wage control.

I don't kis- corporate America's rear for anything. The consumer or client pays my salary. The business doesn't. The business offers a building to operate out of. Scre- the bosses and executives. The consumer/client also pays their way. Understand I'm going to get my nose brown it will be off those who actually do something contructive like....pay my salary.
Key

London, KY

#56 May 25, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
Firstly, there's more than an economy at stake when we tear down all our nature's resources. Our animals desserve a home to live in. Animals actually are better than humans 21st century. Your smoke pollutes the environment where our animals and babies live and breathe. Our trees absorb alot of pollutents in the air that you'd be sucking down your windpipe if they weren't there. I don't worry only about my neighbor. I worry about every child in this country and our beautiful animals and species that God grants us with who have a right to a home. When you cut down a tree, you may as well foreclose on a family because you just took the creatures that live in that tree's, home.
When you prove to me there are no or less Republicans leaning on a taxpayer for support than Democrats, your post might have half as- credability.
Our social system is a great system. It's "we the people" that destroy that system, then blame someone in the White House for our own evil deeds. When are some of you ever going to grow some logical bal-s.
Your jealous just because mine are real and yours are fake.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#57 May 26, 2013
Key wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jealous just because mine are real and yours are fake.
Are you criticizing me? Are you trying to bully me? Are you trying purposely to upset me?

Yes, mine are probably fake. I'm a woman. Swallow that one dear.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#58 May 26, 2013
I don't object to opinion. What I do object to is, your party has acted as though everything in our system was invented under Obama, every problem he's had to face was invented by him and that all problems were originated under Obama.

Well, listen up! Guess what. They weren't. I'd much have rather seen you start your instilling fear and hate under your own President GWB when he started the majority of this mess and allowed Obama to inherit it. Bush stirred up the entire Middle East, just as Powell warned him of. He opened up Pandora's box, which trust me when I tell you, will be the end.

It's not the time for any little crap party to cause more problems in this country in it's instability. You are asking for it...you are asking for more weakness in our system which will destroy us. And you don't have sense enough to know it. You're just sheep following and smelling the upper chalant's fumes, as they have a drink on you every evening laughing all the while.

The upper chalant tea partiers got a blank check for 12 years and did nothing with it. Now they are crying wolf. For one, I'm glad the big bad wolf knocked down their door! Next they'll promise us promiseland and we'll wind up like a Bangladesh. You don't complain about over 1100 deaths there, slaves for corporate conglomeracies, yet you piss and moan about 3 others. After that, maybe you can also explain why your partners support communism? Oh I know why......$350/Mo. slave labor.
Well

London, KY

#59 May 26, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can't depend on everyone to be that way. You're talking about a perfect world again, which we do not live in by far.
When someone reaches wealth status by cheating or taking from others, I wouldn't suggest they be depended upon to voluntarily help anyone unless it means another almighty dollar to them. All you're doing there is, placing more control in their hands.
But you are talking about cheating which I take to mean theft. Theft is a property right violation of the person who's prperty was taken so force against the perppetrator is a justifiable remedy to make the other person whole. You are right that all people can not be depended upon to provide compassion and charity to others but I believe a majority of people can be counted on. I believe excessive government taxation reduces people's abilities to take care of themselves and provide charity to those less fortunate. You are right as well that wealth does afford a level of control to people. That is mormal. We can probably agree that control should not extend to wealthy people getting benefits and priviliges from government that non-wealthy people can't receive. But this is more a function of bad government. If government were limited in the role it plays in our lives, there would be fewer reasons for wealthy people to ask for government favors that others would not receive because the politicians would have no authority to grant their wishes. Equality under the law is the best we can hope for. Wealthy people may have more control in what happens in their personal lives but they should not have any more control over government actions than any other American. A government limited to only a few defined powers and perhaps a law that said what Congress does for one American it must do for all Americans would be a good start. My bet is that too many people like government treating Americans unequally so this will never happen so we deserve the rotten government we have.
Well

London, KY

#60 May 26, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
There's so much money and power in the hands of the wealthy now, there's NO way we'd hand them more by allowing them complete labor and wage control.
I don't kis- corporate America's rear for anything. The consumer or client pays my salary. The business doesn't. The business offers a building to operate out of. Scre- the bosses and executives. The consumer/client also pays their way. Understand I'm going to get my nose brown it will be off those who actually do something contructive like....pay my salary.
They don't have complete wage and labor control. This wealth is not a finite sum that only resides in the hands of wealthy people. Average people can achieve wealth without necessarily dealing with wealthy corporations or individuals because these people have productive capacities that allow them to achieve wealth. All jobs and opportunities are not the sole property of wealthy people and never will be in a free economy. Human beings have an insatiable desire for infinite products and services and as long as people are free to provide those things to each other rich people will never have a monopoly on wealth.
Speakup is right

Cincinnati, OH

#61 May 26, 2013
Lola wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now speakup knows each rich person's heart and that they don't give because they want to but because they want a tax deduction. I love that rich have money to spend to pay in taxes and keep up the lazy bums who draws fromthe gopvernment. If it weren't for what they rich do pay, we'd be hurting because this country can't be carried on the back of the working class.
What it really boils down to is minding one's own business and not butting into other people finances and business. You live your life and let other do what they want and live theirs.
If you knew anything, it is the working poor who mostly support the poor with assistance. They pay more out in taxes, and do not have monies hidden in swiss bank accounts to avoid this. They move their companies out to other places for those to work in sweat shops for, basically nothing, to make money. They do not want to pay fair wages, nor pay fair taxes. Being a successful business owner is great, and needed here, but only a few remember where they came from. Money becomes their God.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#62 May 26, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>They don't have complete wage and labor control. This wealth is not a finite sum that only resides in the hands of wealthy people. Average people can achieve wealth without necessarily dealing with wealthy corporations or individuals because these people have productive capacities that allow them to achieve wealth. All jobs and opportunities are not the sole property of wealthy people and never will be in a free economy. Human beings have an insatiable desire for infinite products and services and as long as people are free to provide those things to each other rich people will never have a monopoly on wealth.
We can agree that entrepreneurship can sometimes exceed our expectations. Actually, as we speak, despite the economy, small business reached a 14 yr. high according to Small Business. Recession has caused people to take a bold step in opening their own business. This is good news. This is what I want to see. I want small business to take back America. I want some of big corporations taken down. It's one way of bringing some money back to the small people, which is a good thing.

You need to understand that it's been the shenanigans of the rich and famous that have warranted alot of regulations. No matter how small or large regulations are, the rich and famous are going to find a curtain to hide behind. Why do you think that progressively we've had to have more regulations? Back when business people were honest, employers treated their workers like human beings, and employees respected the idea they had a job. We had teamwork. As we reached out more globally, big corporate America was the first to take advantage, not caring who they left behind for the love of another dollar. It is a pity we have to have regulations as we do, but rest assured, they didn't there without reason.

If we only use our common sense. Why is it so important for a wealthy person to have $15B vs $10B, when they could still be wealthy and offer $5B in jobs to support a country that made them who they are.

We can use some adjustment, however, that adjustment cannot happen until big corporate America shows faith in the country that made them big corporate America.

A prime example of loosening the reigns happened under GWB when he gave the wealthy their biggest tax break in history and what did they do with it? Nothing for America. If they had, we should be swarming with jobs. What they did do was, continue their outsourcing, expanded their overseas slavery and their offshore wallets. I don't know if you understand it or not, but that tax break was HUGE since at least 73% plus of their income is investment income. I literally had a multi-millionaire smile and say "it was sort of stupid, wasn't it"? I gave this person a five!

Yes, humans have insatiable desire. That can be an advantage or disadvantage to them. If they are strong willed, they might succeed. If they aren't, they'll be used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min ChromiuMan 147,232
Looking for Massage 57 min hmmm 11
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 57 min Walk with God 1,096
hillary crimes 1 hr ex dem 36
Drone flying over my home with camera! Need Help! (Feb '15) 2 hr Drone Kid 43
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 7 hr Elmer 9,154
green light on outside front door (Jan '11) 8 hr shiann 111
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages