Surveillance video captures vandalism...

Surveillance video captures vandalism on bridge

There are 154 comments on the WKYT-TV Lexington story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Surveillance video captures vandalism on bridge. In it, WKYT-TV Lexington reports that:

A woman and two children, took what at first appeared to be a peaceful afternoon stroll on the Engineer Street bridge in Corbin on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYT-TV Lexington.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
what the heck

AOL

#1 Sep 18, 2010
I hope they find these people. They are teaching their child very young at starting crimnal life..Someone will be able to id these people.
concern

Madisonville, KY

#2 Sep 18, 2010
I'm sure they live close to that place. and yes they need to be caught.it's sorry that she is teaching kids to do that.I would make her replace them .plus,walk up and down that creek and pick up all the trash.and may-be a over night stay at jail.
Hey

Ripley, TN

#3 Sep 18, 2010
Over night stay in jail is too easy.Let her take care of the flowers all summer.Replace the pots,then maybe she wont be too eager to throw anything else over the bridge.This isnt the first of throwing flowers over the bridge,its been going on since they have fixed the bridge, flowers, pots, the rocks from the flowers,You know that stuff cost alot of money,no one gets it.Its sad when the kids do it and is not taught any better,but worse when the parents do it,in front of their kids and with them as well.
OMG

Corbin, KY

#4 Sep 18, 2010
I cannot believe this at all. She needs her kid's taken away from her for showing them vandalism at a young age. Just think of what they will do when they are older. Surely someone out there knows her. Maybe they can blow up the video at bit so we can see her better.
mum

London, KY

#5 Sep 18, 2010
There is a $500 reward, surely someone could recognize her. You can click the link and they have a video on the page you can set to full screen.
Cumberland Gap

Dyer, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2010
What's wrong with people today? I mean, seriously. You just can't have anything nice thanks to people like this. And teaching her kids to vandalize? She needs to be punished! I hope someone recognizes the lady and turns her in. If they had showed a decent image of her facing forward, I would've tried to.
Girly Girl

Mayfield, KY

#7 Sep 18, 2010
It is obvious they had no intentions of enjoying the bridge. They walked out onto it with full intentions of vandalizing it. Unfortunately she has reproduced and the world will have to tolerate her off spring. I say put her sorry butt in jail and put the kids into foster care. We are paying for them anyway.Maybe that is what she was mad about, her welfare check didn't come on time. If I knew who she was, I'd turn her in and let them keep the reward money.

“EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Girly Girl wrote:
It is obvious they had no intentions of enjoying the bridge. They walked out onto it with full intentions of vandalizing it. Unfortunately she has reproduced and the world will have to tolerate her off spring. I say put her sorry butt in jail and put the kids into foster care. We are paying for them anyway.Maybe that is what she was mad about, her welfare check didn't come on time. If I knew who she was, I'd turn her in and let them keep the reward money.
so would i.there is no excuse for this.teaching her kids it's just fine to destroy property.what good did it do her?
ummmmmm

Somerset, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2010
someone has to know who this person is. and someone will get hard up for that reward money and turn her in. just give it a few days and i am almost certain that they will come forward. and i bet she would of never dreamed that it would be video taped!! poor little kids.
yeah

Lowes, KY

#10 Sep 19, 2010
trash raising future trash, if no one takes them away in time that is.
hmmm

Richmond, KY

#11 Sep 19, 2010
ummmmmm wrote:
someone has to know who this person is. and someone will get hard up for that reward money and turn her in. just give it a few days and i am almost certain that they will come forward. and i bet she would of never dreamed that it would be video taped!! poor little kids.
i do know who this is all three of them
info

AOL

#12 Sep 19, 2010
If you know who these people are please tell it. I know people who have worked extremely hard on keeping up the flowers on the bridge so people could enjoy them. One person I know worked in the rain, when she wasn't feeling very well that day, because she had made the commitment to help keep them up. These people need help in some form, this is not an acceptable way to treat public property!!!
corbinite

United States

#13 Sep 19, 2010
why were the kids not at school
hmmm

Richmond, KY

#14 Sep 19, 2010
info wrote:
If you know who these people are please tell it. I know people who have worked extremely hard on keeping up the flowers on the bridge so people could enjoy them. One person I know worked in the rain, when she wasn't feeling very well that day, because she had made the commitment to help keep them up. These people need help in some form, this is not an acceptable way to treat public property!!!
no i agree i have reported them and am waiing for them to do something
hmmm

Richmond, KY

#15 Sep 19, 2010
corbinite wrote:
why were the kids not at school
one isn't old enough and the other one well he goes to lynn camp and she hardly ever send him
ummmmmm

Somerset, KY

#16 Sep 19, 2010
well i am glad that you did the right thing....god bless you!!
Well

Winchester, KY

#17 Sep 20, 2010
Im glad you did the right thing by turning them in. Unless you need the reward money, I would donate it back to the city to cover the damages. I could not keep it knowing that I didnt need it.
post it

Dyer, TN

#18 Sep 20, 2010
maybe it they posted stills from the video we could help identify them
hmm

Richmond, KY

#19 Sep 20, 2010
Well wrote:
Im glad you did the right thing by turning them in. Unless you need the reward money, I would donate it back to the city to cover the damages. I could not keep it knowing that I didnt need it.
are you kidding who don't need the money these days and she should have to pay for the damages when she gets her check on the 1st
Compassion

Corbin, KY

#20 Sep 20, 2010
We need to have compassion for this family. They are no doubt hurting from poverty or abuse of some kind. We should not condemn them without knowing the facts. I think some sort of counselling is in order. Perhaps the mother needs assistance of some sort in her life. She does not need jail time. This is what happens when the social safety net collapses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min CriminalForever 158,184
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 40 min Child of God 1,391
Loud Booms 1 hr Mayor Adam West 23
Misty love Walters 3 hr Dasher 1955 7
Davis salvage how much is start out pay 4 hr London dock loner 6
rent to own 4 hr floyd 10
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 5 hr granny 9,403

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages