New Liquor Store at Exit 25

New Liquor Store at Exit 25

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Cocktailmaker

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Jan 9, 2013
When is the new liquor store behind Applebee's going to be finished? I dont like Liquor King and I dont feel like driving across town to Liquor Mart.
Well

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Supposed to be sometime close to summer..
Well

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2013
And why don't you like liquor king?
Ahh

South Elgin, IL

#4 Jan 10, 2013
I like liquor mart!
unsatisfied

Somerset, KY

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Well wrote:
And why don't you like liquor king?
Went to Liquor King and priced a common 5th of bourbon. It was 5.00 higher than Liquor Mart across town and 8.00 higher than Liquor World in Manchester. Liquor King is the highest priced store, of it's kind, that I have ever been in.
They clearly have a price structure that is going to continue to hurt their business.
Satisfied

Williamsburg, KY

#7 Jan 16, 2013
I'm sure that same bottle of bourbon is also probably $10 cheaper in Richmond. Maybe you feel like driving 50 miles to save that money? I don't live in Corbin, but am still satisfied that I no longer have to drive outside my county to buy liquor. I'll pay the extra $8 just for the sheer convenience.:) I also doubt the newest liquor store is going to be any cheaper. It will be located closest to I-75 after all, and like gas, prices tend to be higher right off the interstate exits. Just my 2cents!!
unsatisfied

Somerset, KY

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Satisfied wrote:
I'm sure that same bottle of bourbon is also probably $10 cheaper in Richmond. Maybe you feel like driving 50 miles to save that money? I don't live in Corbin, but am still satisfied that I no longer have to drive outside my county to buy liquor. I'll pay the extra $8 just for the sheer convenience.:) I also doubt the newest liquor store is going to be any cheaper. It will be located closest to I-75 after all, and like gas, prices tend to be higher right off the interstate exits. Just my 2cents!!
You apparently are not smart enough to drive a few miles across town to save 5 bucks either. I happen to be in the Manchester area from time to time. So why not save myself 8 bucks. I just know that the convenience of being on the South side of town is not worth me paying a 3rd more. I talked to the manager the day he gave me such a high price and he checked it out while I was there. He found I was telling the truth and was very surprised in the price difference himself. I am just a customer. If they were on top of their game, they should not need a potential customer bringing this information to their attention. It just shows their lack of experience. You can tell by me mentioning all 3 different stores that I have gone to, I am not bias. Just looks like 1 of these 3 needs to "wake up". From being in retail for over 20 years, I have learned the term "training your customers". This place is training their customers to go somewhere else.
maybe

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
The price of that bourbon was most likely a price glitch in the system and is the same as the other stores now. Atleast the manager took time to help and be courteous to you. Customer service is hard to find but Liquor King goes out of the way to make a difference
unsatisfied

Somerset, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2013
maybe wrote:
The price of that bourbon was most likely a price glitch in the system and is the same as the other stores now. Atleast the manager took time to help and be courteous to you. Customer service is hard to find but Liquor King goes out of the way to make a difference
It is not my personal belief that it was a not "glitch in the system". However, after he found it to be such a difference in price, he should have had the authority to at least matched the price of his competition and not let me leave and lose a sale. It tells me that whoever is behind this place is not experienced in this type of business and is learning as they go, in threads like this. This is a very costly way to run a business, regardless of whatever kind it is.
maybe

Somerset, KY

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Also if you didnt know. You have to make sure you dont undersale alcohol for cheaper then what the store pays for it. It is illegal to sale alcohol for under the price the store pays. So the invoices have to be looked at which couldnt be handled at that time. Thats prolly why he took your number and tried to call you back but didnt get an answer. To explain that it was a mistake in the system so he could still earn your business. I would say that was noble and handled correctly.
KissMyKeg

Whitley City, KY

#12 Jan 19, 2013
Liquor king gets me a 6th keg of amber every three weeks like clock work and I don't need to ask them to reorder, it's cost is 46 bucks, across town they said they could order it at 57 bucks and should get it in a week... how lame. LKing can get me any keg for my in home kegger in three days tops and are cheaper. Shop where you like for your budwiper trash but if you want good beer at a good price you will want Lking.
Tiger woods

Duluth, GA

#13 Jan 24, 2013
They are higher on wine and liquor than any where else. I have them to order some red wine for two mounths now and all I here is its going to be here next week. Ha ha. They have it in white but I want it in red. I stop every week and the same old story. Next week. Ha ha. I'll never go back . It is over priced. I'll just go to Lexington every six weeks and get my stuff. Thanks a lot liquor king. I have just left the building.
Always there to help

Somerset, KY

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Tiger woods wrote:
They are higher on wine and liquor than any where else. I have them to order some red wine for two mounths now and all I here is its going to be here next week. Ha ha. They have it in white but I want it in red. I stop every week and the same old story. Next week. Ha ha. I'll never go back . It is over priced. I'll just go to Lexington every six weeks and get my stuff. Thanks a lot liquor king. I have just left the building.
What's the name of the wine? Oh and anywhere else would be who? You would rather pay for a half of tank of gas to go to Lexington instead of pay an extra dollar for a 5th of wine? Things take time here in Corbin with distributors due to the fact they don't always visit every week, or the wine might be back ordered. If you speak with a Manager I'm sure they would be more then happy to help you or explain what the hold up is on that particular wine or offer a suggestion on a wine just like it in taste until that one comes in. Liquor King will take the time to help you any way they can if you mention it. Oh and by the way if you mention they are overpriced on an item they will look into it and correct it. The owners are very fair in trying to make sure they make the customer happy and earn repeat business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min ChromiuMan 138,150
half sibling child birth 27 min NOT 7
wazzup @ lynn camp (May '12) 30 min NoWay 3
Gray Jukebox (Jun '12) 36 min Musikologist 14
what's being built beside lynn camp school and ... 38 min AGCOWS 3
New Principal Lynn Camp? (Jul '12) 42 min DanS 16
Moving to Corbin from New York 1 hr zoey moving 7
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]