South Laurel Basketball Under Davis

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested

Liberty, KY

#2 Feb 16, 2013
I've noticed their losing record. What's up with that program? North has a better record and that's really unusual. I heard Cummins wouldn't hire that little coach that's at North. Sounds like a mistake to me.
Interested 2

Liberty, KY

#3 Feb 16, 2013
Whitley County by 6 Tuesday night, if not more!
North fan

Louisville, KY

#7 Feb 16, 2013
North football beat teams south got beat by plus north beat south this year. North don't have the talent to play a brutal schedule, maybe you are jealous because they have had some success, but this isn't about football it's about you parents never being happy at south because little John don't get to be star.

North will neat Jackson, count on it.
Sportz Fan

Brodhead, KY

#11 Feb 20, 2013
You're right, ignorant. This is not about football nor is it about North!!! Don't have a kid at South, thank you Mr. Know It All. Just remarking that we used to attend the games at South when they were worth watching, but you dumb ass North parents always have to make it about you. I don't care about North nor Have I ever had any ties to that school.
bassettballjones

Bolivar, MO

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Its not everybody that gets to play Riverside Christian and Oneida Baptist. Get real, both teams have pretty good coaches. Even though watching North Laurel play is alot like watching paint dry.
Where u at Interested 2.....maybe you can watch Wayne Co beat up on Stevie boys canadian led warriors since South beat Whitley by 20.
SL Basketball And

Washington, DC

#13 Feb 21, 2013
South Laurel has not won the 50th District since 2008 - I am not sure but I don't know if North Laurel has ever beat Clay County to win the 49th district (they did beat them in the 13th Region last year, which was probably good compensation). South will have the opportunity to win the 50th District tonight despite their record. South has played some tough competition (outside and inside the region). I am NOT a South Laurel fan, but I thik they made the most impressive showing so far in the 50th District tournament with their win on Tuesday night.

Last Tuesday was the first time I have ever watched Davis coach - he was very animated and passionate on the sideline. Even though, I thought his stomping and screaming was over-the-top, the kids responded well and play hard.
Hahaha

United States

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Maybe South should've practiced more instead of having "Corbin Hate Week" at school then maybe you all could have actually played a lil ball last night!
cheat hounds

Mount Vernon, KY

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
Maybe South should've practiced more instead of having "Corbin Hate Week" at school then maybe you all could have actually played a lil ball last night!
South played plenty well enough to win the game(especially in the second half) only to be undermined by pro-corbin refs,at every turn. Anyone who watched the game can surely attest to that fact. If there is a hate week,it exists solely in Corbin, and is most assuredly "South Hate Week". Corbin deserves no region championship,and certainly deserves no state title. Anyone who been around them,and their fans can surely attest to that fact, as well. P.S. Even their T 107 radio announcer was talking about all of their biased, bogus calls,and no-calls! Pitiful.
sherry

Morehead, KY

#16 Feb 23, 2013
south always blames the refs. Really corbin is not that good but south is not any good also. Neither team will make it very far this year.
Hahaha

United States

#17 Feb 23, 2013
cheat hounds wrote:
<quoted text>South played plenty well enough to win the game(especially in the second half) only to be undermined by pro-corbin refs,at every turn. Anyone who watched the game can surely attest to that fact. If there is a hate week,it exists solely in Corbin, and is most assuredly "South Hate Week". Corbin deserves no region championship,and certainly deserves no state title. Anyone who been around them,and their fans can surely attest to that fact, as well. P.S. Even their T 107 radio announcer was talking about all of their biased, bogus calls,and no-calls! Pitiful.
It's embarrassing on your part that anytime Corbin wins the best excuse you can come up with is "they cheated". Or my personal favorite, "money talks". Put your big boy pants back on and just own up to the fact that Thuraday night, Corbin played ball better than South. Also own up to the fact that our students were a lot classier than to declare a South Hate Week to do it. That's just pathetic. And in a country where we are having such a problem with school violence I would be ashamed to sent my child to a school that would condone such a thing.
cheat hounds

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Feb 23, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's embarrassing on your part that anytime Corbin wins the best excuse you can come up with is "they cheated". Or my personal favorite, "money talks". Put your big boy pants back on and just own up to the fact that Thuraday night, Corbin played ball better than South. Also own up to the fact that our students were a lot classier than to declare a South Hate Week to do it. That's just pathetic. And in a country where we are having such a problem with school violence I would be ashamed to sent my child to a school that would condone such a thing.
While I agree that South didn't play as well as Corbin,in the first half,that was indeed South's fault for not playing good defense. But, with fair, and impartial refs,South would have won that game in the second half. As for the fans,that went both ways, and you know it! Corbin fans/players talk just as much trash as any fan/player. You guys cheat. It's well known,by everyone in the region. Even on your test scores,you guys cheat. If the cheathound students don't know the answers,the cheathound teachers give it to them. You condone that don't you? Get off you high horse cheathound!
Hahaha

United States

#19 Feb 23, 2013
Like I said, all you people can do is play the "Corbin cheats" card. It's really sad. I guess a few weeks ago when you all beat us that was just lucky on your part then? I guess we hadn't paid the refs off enough that game.
And no one cheats on test scores. That's ridiculous. It's so sad so many adults are so jealous of some hard working kids.
Fund Raiser

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2013
If he would have switched defensive just a little bit earlier we would have won instead if stomping his foot yelling attack! It is embarrassing for South Laurel... yelling at his playing instead of coaching them and always coming up with an excuse for not winning like officials making bad calls, players being hurt.
cheat hounds

Mount Vernon, KY

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
Like I said, all you people can do is play the "Corbin cheats" card. It's really sad. I guess a few weeks ago when you all beat us that was just lucky on your part then? I guess we hadn't paid the refs off enough that game.
And no one cheats on test scores. That's ridiculous. It's so sad so many adults are so jealous of some hard working kids.
All you cheathounds have to admit that you sure didn't have all of your corbin friendly refs at south, Hahaha. And guess what? You guys got beat didn't you?!LOL!! And, it came from a source at corbin, that the cheathound teachers would proofread tests,find an error,then ask a cheathound student if they were sure about a particular answer. It happens cheathound! You are just too much in denial, to admit it,and you know it! Have a good time in the region cheathounds,hopefully without your cheathound refs!
Hahaha

United States

#22 Feb 24, 2013
cheat hounds wrote:
<quoted text>All you cheathounds have to admit that you sure didn't have all of your corbin friendly refs at south, Hahaha. And guess what? You guys got beat didn't you?!LOL!! And, it came from a source at corbin, that the cheathound teachers would proofread tests,find an error,then ask a cheathound student if they were sure about a particular answer. It happens cheathound! You are just too much in denial, to admit it,and you know it! Have a good time in the region cheathounds,hopefully without your cheathound refs!
It came from a nameless source. You are a pathetic person. How could a school system just a few miles down the road be so much better than your's? It has to be because they are cheating. And they have so much money laying around to pay the refs off too. If we have all this extra money where is it? You all are constantly saying our little town is poor and so much crappier than your's so where is the money we are paying the refs with?
cheat hounds

Mount Vernon, KY

#23 Feb 24, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
It came from a nameless source. You are a pathetic person. How could a school system just a few miles down the road be so much better than your's? It has to be because they are cheating. And they have so much money laying around to pay the refs off too. If we have all this extra money where is it? You all are constantly saying our little town is poor and so much crappier than your's so where is the money we are paying the refs with?
I'd say you spent most of your money building arenas,and bringing lame ass rock bands, to your lame ass nibroc festival, cheat hound! But,you tell me? Show me the money! I heard you slap asses weren't having any bands this year though,I guess maybe you have run outta money!? LOL!!
Hahaha

United States

#24 Feb 24, 2013
Wow so you're even jealous of the arena? Lol. You just keep getting worse. Sorry to tell you this but that arena is full of you Laurel Co folks every time one of those lame rock bands rolls into town along with our liquor stores. So thanks for the money you gave us to pay to win all of district. Laurel Co is the largest group of sore losers. It's sad you can't tell your kids congratulations on a job well done and get over it.
Concerned

Lexington, KY

#26 Feb 25, 2013
Coach Davis has done extremely well with the talent he has. The team has had many injuries to starting players they have lost numerous games by three points or less and at times they play very good basketball. Coach Davis has done a very well job and has worked really hard with those kids. He has a lot of key wins and to be Honest all the teams in this region are weak this year including Clay County, North, Corbin, South, Harlan its anybody region to win. North has a good coach to you just cant win every year but people want to get on here and bash people. Grow up walk in there shoes before you criticize.
THEM APPLES

Cynthiana, KY

#27 Feb 25, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
How did that region tournament work out for you there dreadhound? LoL. Not very good without your pre-paid refs are you? Got spanked by Middlesboro in the first round? Are you serious? Well, you should be awesome next....uh, nope. You will suck for quite some time to come.LoL. Loser!!!!!
Hahaha

United States

#28 Feb 25, 2013
I would think that if anything, the loss proves that corbin doesn't pay to win. Do you see the lesson we were trying to teach you morons? No you all never learn. That's why your test scores are weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Paul 170,644
The coke president 1 hr Put Obama in jail 2
who is the biggest wore in corbin$$$$ 1 hr YesIKnow 15
Jennifer vaughn (Feb '17) 2 hr YesIKnow 8
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 3 hr Walk with God 1,768
Liars Of The CookieFactory Forum 5 hr i herd 7
Jeffries: Evangelicals will Vote For Moore 6 hr Smiley 9

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages