job fair for call center

job fair for call center

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Ky Girl

Liberty, KY

#1 Jul 20, 2013
The line was so long no where to park, How did it go does anyone have the real information, How are they paying is it 12 or 10 do u get benefits, raises very often, give me the scoop, I had to go to work didn't get in!
info

Annville, KY

#2 Jul 20, 2013
its 10. was advertised as 12 but its 10.52 because employees get benefits. theres room for advancement but thats after half a year and longer.and no 3rd shift but there are two shifts since its 7 days a week 7am to 10pm (& if you work between 7PM-10PM youll get paid a shift differential) and you dont really get a set shift for the whole however long you work..meaning they have what they called shift bids every 6 mo's you get to bid on what shift/hours you want to work and based on your performance is what you get if they think you deserve it. they were hiring 1000 CSRs, 70 sup's, and so many HR/Quality Control/etc. and thats all they mentioned about that
House

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Jul 20, 2013
That figures. It's a shame that we can't get better pay. That is the rate at almost all contract jobs around here. I'm convinced that they locate here for that very reason. If they can't get enough employees they will be forced to offer better wages.
intheknow

London, KY

#4 Jul 20, 2013
I was there first thing this morning. It was so hot outside. I didn't get out of there until 530 I waited all day and then at 530 they said the ones that didn't get a interview they would call and interview them over the phone
outdorsman

Cambridge, MA

#5 Jul 20, 2013
i went there today and stood in line for six hours got through all the tests just to be told ill get a phone interview. those represenatives didnt know what they were doing one would tell you to go down the hall then another would come in and tell you to stay where you are and i heard one of them saying there going to bring in groups of workers at a time throughout the year. so they might get 900 people in the building by 2015
wondering

Gray, KY

#6 Jul 20, 2013
general dynamics is a joke and that is putting it mildly! just ask their employees at the corbin center they used to be vangent!! and its temp jobs. the reason its 10.52 is cuz its a contract under the SERVICE CONTRACT ACT which means ur raises are set by the dept of labor by way of classification.....believe me U WILL ONLY GET A RAISE WHEN DEPT OF LABOR CHANGES THE JOB CLASSIFICATION. they make these jobs sound wonderful in reality they are not! i mean it will be good for those unemployed and those entry level positions.
curious

Somerset, KY

#7 Jul 21, 2013
This article says,“It is working to help people with Medicaid issues and is called a benefit support center.”-

See more at: http://www.sentinel-echo.com/local/x541274992...

So GD is technical support company, is it I.T. technical support for computer users or just answering questions about medicaid. Just asking since the paper is saying the pay is one thing then telling you it is another. I am hearing both.
curious

Somerset, KY

#8 Jul 21, 2013
Never mind I found the description. Last I heard this is what they do at Vangent.

The Tier 1 Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for delivering general health care information to callers. Topic knowledge is limited to general knowledge using scripted responses and automated tools.
Tier 1 CSR reports directly to the Customer Service Manager . This is an entry-level position responsible for disseminating general health care information. The Tier 1 CSR is required to evaluate the contact to know when to transfer to a Tier 2 CSR. No decision making is required to perform the duties.

PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tier 1 CSR reads scripted responses to questions dealing with basic health care information of an educational nature. They must:
• Provide knowledgeable responses to inquiries (phone, web chat, e-mail, TTY, fax, correspondence) in a courteous and professional manner.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulations, processing procedures, and policies.
• Use databases and written materials to look up and provide information to inquiries.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of all inquiries.
• Respond to inquiries within departmental staffing and time parameters.
• Adhere to Privacy Act and Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements as it relates to confidentiality of information released.
• Continually look for and suggest process improvements.
• Assist with delivery of internal employee training for new and temporary employees as requested.
• Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution.
• Attend required corporate, program, and other update trainings.
• Demonstrate incremental and continued performance improvement.
• May be required to work holidays.
• Overtime may be required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Does anyone know

Petaluma, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Can anyone tell me what General Dynamics told them after the phone interview? When will we know if we are hired and where to fill out the paperwork?
hmm

London, KY

#10 Jul 25, 2013
So General Dynamics is pretty much same thing Vangent did in Corbin, right??? I loved working there, just hated the drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Meathead (Apr '08) 17 min Dob 14
More black voter refusing to vote for clinton 17 min skie 5
steak and shake hiring? 19 min Norma 3
google lies about crooked sick hillary health 20 min henry 2
trump up by 14 in ky poll ,paul up by 12 as de... 21 min skie 61
Asin 25 min Funny 1
Is olive garden coming to exit 38 ? 25 min skie 9

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance