Child Support
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Manchester, KY

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I know that a lot of parents pay support,but on the other hand I'm thinking that more do not ever pay, with all the grandparents raising the babies.Granted some may not need the extra money,but the parents should pay,its for the kids,not the grandparents,right.Its been several years now and i haven't seen a dime in support from either one,the father has seen the baby maybe three times in the last seven years and the mother comes and goes like she always has.I hate to cause trouble but things are getting tight around here,both had court orders to pay but I am torn about pushing the issue,anybody else going thru this?
Dawg

Winchester, KY

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Make em pay. If there is any left over open a bank account for the kids.
NEEDING TO KNOW

Huntingburg, IN

#3 Mar 18, 2013
im having to pay and go to court in a couple of months cause i got behind on mine. i believe in taking care of your kids and all, but dang sometimes people just have a hard time. if neither of them help you out tho thats bull and you should get some help on that.
Questions

London, KY

#4 Mar 18, 2013
why cant an E Warrant be delivered to where they live instead of if they get in a rd block or something they will put them in jail?
NEEDING TO KNOW

Huntingburg, IN

#5 Mar 19, 2013
i dont agree with people going to jail for child support. all that does is make things worse. i agree people should take care of their kids but dang, you put them in jail and they cant get a job cause of it doesnt help at all. im not sayin i no what to do instead just sayin that dont make sense to me.
hot tottie

Mount Vernon, KY

#6 Mar 19, 2013
NEEDING TO KNOW wrote:
i dont agree with people going to jail for child support. all that does is make things worse. i agree people should take care of their kids but dang, you put them in jail and they cant get a job cause of it doesnt help at all. im not sayin i no what to do instead just sayin that dont make sense to me.
well they if they aren't paying there has to be something done and most people that don't care of their kids could careless anyways jail is an option if they don't pay
Agreed

Vilonia, AR

#7 Mar 19, 2013
Questions wrote:
why cant an E Warrant be delivered to where they live instead of if they get in a rd block or something they will put them in jail?
I agree can anyone answer this?A warrant should be a warrant,an E warrant shoudn't be no different!
Curious

Manchester, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Has anyone taken their daughter or son to court for child support and regretted doing so after the fact, I have legal custody and court orders for both to pay, although its been seven years with no support from either party. I'm dreading and fearing the results if I decide to push it, any helpful thoughts out there, thanks from Granny.
well

Vilonia, AR

#9 Mar 20, 2013
how does E warrant??
truth

Manchester, KY

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
Has anyone taken their daughter or son to court for child support and regretted doing so after the fact, I have legal custody and court orders for both to pay, although its been seven years with no support from either party. I'm dreading and fearing the results if I decide to push it, any helpful thoughts out there, thanks from Granny.
Sounds like your in a pickle Granny.Never been in that position so I'm not honestly able to answer but I do know the court system sucks major. I'm guessing you have tried talking to both parties.Times are getting harder for people it seems but raising kids is expensive.I think parents should pay what they can by whatever means necessary but then again they shouldn't have to pay more then they really can,seriously.Good luck Granny.
Same Boat

London, KY

#11 Mar 23, 2013
I too am in the same boat.One parent disabled and the other just don't care. What money is ordered isn't enough to buy near what the child needs, but it does help.Although if you can get support by these parents in the line of keeping the child while you work or run arrends or help in other ways instead of money it would be helpful too. As for people complaining about paying child support, well can you imagine what you would be paying out if you actually took care of your child yourself??
fed up

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like your in a pickle Granny.Never been in that position so I'm not honestly able to answer but I do know the court system sucks major. I'm guessing you have tried talking to both parties.Times are getting harder for people it seems but raising kids is expensive.I think parents should pay what they can by whatever means necessary but then again they shouldn't have to pay more then they really can,seriously.Good luck Granny.
How could you possibly say that they shouldn't have to pay more than they have...did you happen to read that this Granny is supporting their children. The inconsiderate and more than likely grown parents area disease on society. They should both be put under the jail for not taking care of their own children.
truth

Manchester, KY

#13 Mar 25, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you possibly say that they shouldn't have to pay more than they have...did you happen to read that this Granny is supporting their children. The inconsiderate and more than likely grown parents area disease on society. They should both be put under the jail for not taking care of their own children.
Something lost in the translation,I think.How can anyone pay more than they have?No question about who should support the kids.I really feel sorry for Granny and all the other Grannies out there trying to do the right thing,raising their grandchildren while it sounds like the ones who should be responsible aren't even trying to help and are probably a drain also on poor ole Granny finainces and nerves.I don't know the situation but there comes a time or point when Grannies all over might have to get tougher and do the right thing for the young ones and perhaps the older ones as well.I love kids aqs much as anyone but hate getting sh_t on.I think granny was more torn about throwing the inlaws and family members on the mercy of the court,such as it is and what the outcome might be,what damages to the family circle might rain down.Never been there so I can't say.
hot tottie

London, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2013
child support office needs to get with 2013 and link up with a system just like tracking people working and not filing taxes but no they expect the parent taking care of the kids to track down the dead beat not paying
LAZY

Somerset, KY

#15 May 10, 2013
should not have to deal with warrants at all if someone knows where the ex parent is and owes child support should be able to call the police to go pick them up ..
Roger

Richmond, KY

#16 May 15, 2013
Yeah since they don't want to pay hell let the tax payers keep them up and put them in jail if parents would teach there kids to keep there paints up and have some moral values you wouldn't be having kids having kids ?
Go to jail

London, KY

#17 May 17, 2013
I think if you don't pay for your kids you should go to jail and I bet the next month you will pay it on time
zzz

Westport, IN

#18 May 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
I know that a lot of parents pay support,but on the other hand I'm thinking that more do not ever pay, with all the grandparents raising the babies.Granted some may not need the extra money,but the parents should pay,its for the kids,not the grandparents,right.Its been several years now and i haven't seen a dime in support from either one,the father has seen the baby maybe three times in the last seven years and the mother comes and goes like she always has.I hate to cause trouble but things are getting tight around here,both had court orders to pay but I am torn about pushing the issue,anybody else going thru this?
isnt it protocol if parents dont pay support that the tax check that they would receive would be intercepted...(if they even work). its too late this year but next year I would see about making sure that happens
cheese eating kenny

London, KY

#19 May 18, 2013
Go to jail wrote:
I think if you don't pay for your kids you should go to jail and I bet the next month you will pay it on time
that's what happens to them in Knox county. When I moved to laurel I was shocked over how rampant the deadbeat dad situation is.
Anyone Know

London, KY

#20 May 19, 2013
well the absent deadbeat parent lives in a different county in my case,and they say the only way they can get him is if he is pulled over or a traffic check !!! There should be a different way !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tan ext cab chevy 1 min terrel 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min truck 171,836
Libtard and electric cars 26 min Libs are dumb 1
Needs boy rottweiler to breed with! (Mar '12) 27 min Shonda 120
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 55 min Alain Vain 1,741
Tracey Smith (Apr '09) 1 hr Seeker 4
S&J Hotdog Chili (Jul '09) 1 hr LOL 77

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages