Marijuana use in the Bible
rock thrower

East Bernstadt, KY

#74 Apr 26, 2013
Whateva wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever floats their frgn boat.
They will use pot and abuse Mt dew until their lill weenie gets down to the stub, and still not quit like a real man.
They will sell their children shoes, and get in debt and bum around and con people till they are alone and pitiful.
But no decent person will fool with these drug adicted potheads.
Potheads are one of the nastiest foul smelling people. They cant smell themselves, but they make decent people want to puke.
What is a decent person, nowadays? "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." Sixty percent of the public is abusing food. People use foul language in public. Adultery and fornication are rampant. People fight over politics. People use cell phones while driving. There are a lot more things that Joe Blow does that we should be concerned with than acting above reproach that are sin.
weezy

London, KY

#75 Apr 26, 2013
Forbidden

Houston, TX
you accused me of working for satan. I have to ask what makes you think that? Church boy lied up there. I know for a fact marijuana isnt addictive. So who is working for satan? Me or him?
God put those plants here so complain to him about marijuana. You want us to believe your awfully close to God. Why are you not taking this issue up with him?
If you use tobacco or alcohol in any form your nothing but a hypocrit. Both of those really are drugs with very addictive qualities.
I dont recall seeing you post anything about them
real

Somerset, KY

#76 Apr 26, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What health problems does marijuana create? I thought by now that is was a fact that it is harmless.
It would be unhealthy and very much a danger to the oil companies, alcohol, tobacco industries and a large number of chemical corporations, not to mention the whole medical facade... Cannabis has its own unique receptor sites in the human brain, located in the areas governing higher thinking and memory, meaning it could and would be extremely unhealthy for Governments...
real

Somerset, KY

#77 Apr 26, 2013
one major force claiming to believe in both the Bible and old Yahweh, continue this plant prohibition, yet Yahweh's opinion on the matter is stated quite clearly in this quotation.

THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30

Those words seem straightforward enough, and yet cannabis and most other psychoactive medicine plants are outlawed in our society.
ur an idiot

Los Angeles, CA

#78 Apr 26, 2013
real wrote:
one major force claiming to believe in both the Bible and old Yahweh, continue this plant prohibition, yet Yahweh's opinion on the matter is stated quite clearly in this quotation.
THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING
PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE
EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT
HAS FRUIT IN IT."
GENESIS 1:29-30
Those words seem straightforward enough, and yet cannabis and most other psychoactive medicine plants are outlawed in our society.
would you want to smoke poison ivy?
he did not put pot here to smoke because it alters the brain.
real

Somerset, KY

#79 Apr 26, 2013
ur an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>would you want to smoke poison ivy?
Not without some calamine lotion... Smoking is not the only way... I perfer enhance rather than alter, but then again everything alters the mind to some degree, but what has that got to do with this? Are you an idiot, ignorant of the Bible?

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#80 Jun 1, 2013
ur an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>would you want to smoke poison ivy?
Eze. 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

You need to increase your understanding and knowledge, there is no excuse for ignorance in a modern era.

Below is some good factual reading on the subject of marijuana, new breakthroughs made everyday.

"The law is not honest about the actual risks of the drug," he says. "We have to push back on that when we talk about health."

"Every day a new study comes out saying that marijuana is this wonder drug," says Dr. Ziva Cooper, Ph.D., who studies marijuana as an assistant professor of clinical neurobiology at Columbia University. "For instance, it recently came out that marijuana might be able to make you skinny or control diabetes. It might be true that an active component of marijuana might have effects on metabolism, but people see those headlines and they go nuts."

"The conception of marijuana as a potentially fatal, highly addictive narcotic, on which much of last century's anti-weed propaganda was built, has been disproved by science, which has shown that it's almost literally impossible for humans to consume enough THC to overdose.(In fact, dying from drinking too much water would be far easier."

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/were-go...
weezy

London, KY

#81 Jun 1, 2013
I just read an article about Bill Mayers closing minutes last night.It was about the ill affects of smoking pot.
He said its a proven fact that smoking marijuana doesnt ruin anyones life. Our pres smoked bales of it and he became leader of the free world.
So top that one all you peeps that want to keep it illegal.
And if any of you doubt that its not mentioned in the KJV try reading it. If you do doubt it its very possible you dont comprehend what your reading assuming you even read it. If you didnt read it in its entirety go sit in the corner and count to 1000 before you dare type on this thread again.
Whites Brainch

Flat Lick, KY

#82 Jun 1, 2013
weezy wrote:
I just read an article about Bill Mayers closing minutes last night.It was about the ill affects of smoking pot.
He said its a proven fact that smoking marijuana doesnt ruin anyones life. Our pres smoked bales of it and he became leader of the free world.
So top that one all you peeps that want to keep it illegal.
And if any of you doubt that its not mentioned in the KJV try reading it. If you do doubt it its very possible you dont comprehend what your reading assuming you even read it. If you didnt read it in its entirety go sit in the corner and count to 1000 before you dare type on this thread again.
Dat shit makes u paranoid.
truth

London, KY

#83 Jun 1, 2013
The Bible even predicted prohibition.In the later times some shall ... speak lies in hypocrisy ... commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.(Paul: 1 Timothy 14)

For those that don't know meat:
God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth....to you it will be for meat.... And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.(Genesis 1:29-31)

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs... Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.(Romans 14:2,3,13,14,17)

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man." (Mat. 15:11)

The words "smoke" and "smoking" appear fifty times in the King James Version of the Bible and two separate times the Bible says of the Lord, "There went up a smoke out of his nostrils." II Samuel 22:9, Psalms 18:8.

Scriptures make it abundantly clear that the clouds and the smoke are related to the burning of incense. Exodus 40:26 describes Moses burning incense, a cloud covering the tent of the congregation and the glory of the Lord filling the tabernacle.

Herb (marijuana) is a Godly creation from the beginning of the world. It is known as the weed of wisdom, angel's food, the tree of life and even the "Wicked Old Ganja Tree". Its purpose in creation is as a fiery sacrifice to be offered to our Redeemer during obligations. The political worldwide organizations have framed mischief on it and called it drugs. To show that it is not a dangerous drug, let me inform my readers that it is used as food for mankind, and as a medicinal cure for diverse diseases. Ganja is not for commerce; yet because of the oppression of the people, it was raised up as the only liberator of the people, and the only peacemaker among the entire generation. Ganja is the sacramental rights of every man worldwide and any law against it is only the organized conspiracy of the United Nations and the political governments who assist in maintaining this conspiracy. "

The Bible plainly distinguishes between use and abuse. But too much of anything can be bad,too much water can kill. I'd rather have my employees,fellow employees,leaders,drivers,teac her,doctors or whatever be forced to take IQ tests than drug tests...

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#84 Jun 1, 2013
Whites Brainch wrote:
<quoted text>
Dat shit makes u paranoid.
Someone is busted for marijuana every 45 seconds, no wonder we are paranoid,lol.
Real truth

Houston, TX

#86 Jun 1, 2013
"Would you want to smoke poison ivy?
God did not put pot here to smoke because it alters the brain."
There was another use for the marijuana, but not to smoke. God wants us to have a clear head and a sound body. And it is against very nature for any kind of smoke to go into the body. Like it or lump it, this is the truth.
The term Medical Marijuana is a fraud, a joke, and a plan from the Obama Gvmt to fraud the Health Insurance Companies. Doctor studies prove all of it's negative and harmful effects on the body and on the brain. But Obama Feds choose to go over the Professional medical profession head to do their own thing, so that they may fraud the world for the insurance benefits for their ill gotten gains.
It’s April Fool’s Day… And The Joke Is On The Medical Marijuana Community
Posted April 1st, 2013 by Monterey Bud & filed under marijuana cannabinoids, Marijuana Medicine, Marijuana News, Uncategorized.
The term Medical Marijuana is a fraud, a joke, and a plan from the Obama Gvmt to fraude the Health Insurance Companies. http://www.marijuana.com/news/2013/04/its-apr...
For the following:
http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp
26th D.A.R.E. INTERNATIONAL TRAINING CONFERENCE • Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, Ohio • July 16 through July 18, 2013
Heavy, Frequent Cannabis Use Linked to Mental Illness
America’s Dropout Crisis:
The Unrecognized Connection to Adolescent Substance Use
Bad news for pot smokers: double the stroke risk
Marijuana restrictions: Appeals court backs DEA, rejects pot advocates argument
Three articles that deal with health issues related to marijuana use
CHANGE OF LEADERSHIP AT D.A.R.E.– Charlie Parsons Retires, Board of Directors Appoints Francisco X. Pegueros as President and CEO
D.A.R.E. keepin’ it REAL Elementary Curriculum – Addressing the Issues of Marijuana
FOX2 News Interview: Jennifer Rubin is Rockin’ 4 Relief and raising money for BackStopper
KNOP-TV News Feature: DARE Keeps It REAL
October in Bullying Prevention Month
D.A.R.E. is proud to support students, parents and the many organizations that are actively participating this October in Bullying Prevention Month.
ASHEBORO — Local D.A.R.E. Officer Sgt. Traci Williams, with the Randolph County Sheriff's Office, has earned a Special Achievement Award from the N.C. Gangs Across the Carolinas Task Force
Ouchies Bandages Partners with D.A.R.E. in An Effort to Give Kids the Chance to Let Everyone Know How They Feel About Bullying On Their Fingers or Elbows
All of the above true stories on this link: http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp
truth

London, KY

#87 Jun 1, 2013
Early man experimented with all plant materials that he could chew and could not have avoided discovering the euphoric, ecstatic and enhancing properties of cannabis and may have introduced man to an other-worldly plane from which emerged religious beliefs, perhaps even the concept of deity.

The plant and many other similar ones became accepted as a special gift, a sacred medium for communion with the spiritual world and has remained in some cultures to this day.

Considered to be sacred, marijuana has been used in religious worship from before recorded history.

The following piece was taken from "Licit and Illicit Drugs",

"In the Judaic world, the vapors from burnt spices and aromatic gums were considered part of the pleasurable act of worship. In proverbs (27:9) it is said that 'Ointment and perfumes rejoice the heart.' Perfumes were widely used in Egyptian worship. Stone altars have been unearthed in Babylon and Palestine, which have been used for burning incense made of aromatic wood and spices. While the casual readers today may interpret such practices as mere satisfaction of the desire for pleasant odors, this is almost certainly an error; in many or most cases, a psychoactive drug was being inhaled. In the islands of the Mediterranean 2,500 years ago and in Africa hundreds of years ago, for example leaves and flowers of a particular plant were often thrown upon bonfires and the smoke inhaled; the plant was marijuana."
truth

London, KY

#88 Jun 1, 2013
Western theology (Catholic and Protestant) teaches that the spirit created matter but remained aloof of it. In Hinduism and other Eastern religions, the spirit is the inside, the matter is the outside; the two are inseparable. Eastern theologians have rightly perceived that the God one worships must posses all the aspects of his worshipers' nature as well as his own divine nature. Otherwise, how can he create beings whose nature is entirely foreign to his own? What, then, would be the meaning of the Biblical phrase: "God made man in his own image"?

The fact that modern Christendom has no sense of union with God has led to numerous churches without the understanding for building a Christian culture and kingdom to replace the confusion of modern politics. This lack of understanding was not lacking in the ancient church and was a major source of enthusiasm for the prophets of old. In fact, the power of the early church was manifested due to this understanding of the spirit of God dwelling in man, the temple of God. To the ancient prophets it was not a God above, nor a God over yonder, but a God within. "Be still and know that I am God" -- for the visionaries and mystics of every time and place, this has been the first and greatest of the commandments.

In 1 Corinthians 11:28 Christ said, "Let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup." marijuana gives spontaneous insights into self

The sacramentality of marijuana is declared by Christ himself and can be understood only when a person partakes of the natural divine herb. The fact is communion of Jesus cannot be disputed or be destroyed. Marijuana is the new wine divine and cannot be compared to the old wine, which is alcohol. Jesus rejected the old wine and glorified the "new wine" at the wedding feast of Cana.

Cana is a linguistic derivation of the present day cannabis and so it is.
weezy

London, KY

#90 Jun 2, 2013
u lie

Germany

You are the liar. Why dont you do just a smidgeon of research on the subject matter before you have diarrhea of the mouth again.
Tobacco causes cancers you dummy. Marijuana doesnt cause cancer. If you think it really does put your proof on here.
When you lying assholes can prove to me that its bad for us I will switch sides in a heartbeat. Until you do Im sitting here thinking why in the world would an uneducated hypocrit put something in print that the majority of people know for a fact is a bald faced lie.
Thats kinda what you done in your post. You lied.
Im thinking your probably a pussy that has no guts and you obviously have recently had a major brain fart.
Using marijuana hasnt caused one documented death. Not one! If you really want to talk smack about something being bad for us why do I not see your SN on negative posts about tobacco?
Believer

Somerset, KY

#91 Jun 2, 2013
I have been going to church and reading the bible for a while. Never I have read that Jesus said it was okay to smoke "pot"! I think with what is wrote here is wanting something so bad to read one way, to validate the need to smoke/use pot, when it actually means another reason! Another example would be "The Gay Rights Movement". I've heard them say before, "God wants you to be happy, not sad, it's written in his word". And God will not condeme his children to hell for being happy. Well, first it's not God condemning his children, it's his children. Second, he does want us to be happy, but in a Godly way. Meaning not men and men or women and women, but woman and man! It for simply states, "you should not lie with a male as a woman." It is an abomination to do so!
weezy

London, KY

#92 Jun 2, 2013
I put the wrong name up there. The correct name is Bill Maher.
He said marijuana use doesnt ruin lives. Obama smoked bales of it and he is leader of the free world.
So I have to ask all you peeps putting down weed. Are you sitting there wishing your were a black man that smoked weed? It just mite get you a seat in the white house.
Wow A black man in the white house. Imagine that. Musta been the weed that caused it.
And finally. All you so called christians posting on this thread really do need to go to church and ask them to pray for you.
Most of you are putting outdated data on here thats been proven wrong many times. DARE is a joke. They fill our kids heads with mostly lies and propaganda. I dont want my kids exposed to it.
If they cant put the truth out there they should stay their lying ass at home.
The same thing applies to this thread. If you cant post the truth shut the hell up.
cardy

Houston, TX

#93 Jun 2, 2013
weezy wrote:
u lie
Germany
You are the liar. Why dont you do just a smidgeon of research on the subject matter before you have diarrhea of the mouth again.
Tobacco causes cancers you dummy. Marijuana doesnt cause cancer. If you think it really does put your proof on here.
When you lying assholes can prove to me that its bad for us I will switch sides in a heartbeat. Until you do Im sitting here thinking why in the world would an uneducated hypocrit put something in print that the majority of people know for a fact is a bald faced lie.
Thats kinda what you done in your post. You lied.
Im thinking your probably a pussy that has no guts and you obviously have recently had a major brain fart.
Using marijuana hasnt caused one documented death. Not one! If you really want to talk smack about something being bad for us why do I not see your SN on negative posts about tobacco?
you are the one with the cowardly lying azzhole melvin.
Root

Flat Lick, KY

#94 Jun 2, 2013
weezy wrote:
I put the wrong name up there. The correct name is Bill Maher.
He said marijuana use doesnt ruin lives. Obama smoked bales of it and he is leader of the free world.
So I have to ask all you peeps putting down weed. Are you sitting there wishing your were a black man that smoked weed? It just mite get you a seat in the white house.
Wow A black man in the white house. Imagine that. Musta been the weed that caused it.
And finally. All you so called christians posting on this thread really do need to go to church and ask them to pray for you.
Most of you are putting outdated data on here thats been proven wrong many times. DARE is a joke. They fill our kids heads with mostly lies and propaganda. I dont want my kids exposed to it.
If they cant put the truth out there they should stay their lying ass at home.
The same thing applies to this thread. If you cant post the truth shut the hell up.
You had better not come back over here.

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#95 Jun 2, 2013
Believer wrote:
I have been going to church and reading the bible for a while. Never I have read that Jesus said it was okay to smoke "pot"! I think with what is wrote here is wanting something so bad to read one way, to validate the need to smoke/use pot, when it actually means another reason!
Maybe you could explain your "another reason" instead of changing the subject to homosexuality.

If you have read the Bible, you will note that Jesus no where said not to use herbs, in fact the Bible teaches just the opposite. With 10,000 years of documented medical marijuana use throughout the world, why do you think all of a sudden it's illegal?

I can show you links all day that prove the benefits of marijuana. New medical breakthroughs are coming out almost every day.

I'm sure that Jesus Himself understood the benefit of its use.

Isa.18:4 For so the LORD said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min now 148,435
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 6 min Teresa Thomas 1,217
ap says clinton lied about email 2 hr Skie 15
Mike Brown 3 hr wondering 7
josh holland is gay (Jul '09) 4 hr lmao 16
Female 5 hr Lonley 8
why is msm hidding the polls 5 hr eddie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages