|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Working Man wrote:
<quoted text>l
Thank you. You just made my point Not only can you not read or comprehend, you have a vulgar mouth and anger issues. This is characteristic of an unemployed old man who is a sociopath and smokes weed.
Two out of eight of your childish ass-u-mptions aren't to bad, matches your knowledge or rather lack of knowledge about the Bible and what it really says. Do you regularly put your ass out there for everyone to see?
according

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Saved wrote:
First of all anyone who calls themself a Christian and smokes weed isn't saved. And if that person confessed Christ Jesus and asked him to come into their hearts then they might of been saved at one point. The bible tells us to be sober minded and not to drink much wine. The reason we are to be sober minded and weed can impair your judgment. The bible says if you know to do good and do it not its counted as sin. The bible also tells us when are we are born again and the HolySpirit comes into our lives we are temples of the HolySpirit. By smoking weed or getting drunk and being subdued by an intoxicating drug your polluting Gods temple. Weed isn't like a nicotene habit because weed not only hurts your lungs it kills brain cells and it impairs your judgment. Cigarets are bad to because they cause cancer. The bottom line if you smoke weed and claim your saved then your not close to The Lord and your backsliding or your not saved at all. I'm not telling you this to hate on you but telling you this because there is enough bible scriptures in the word of God that clearly condems the use of anything that would impair judgment or hurt Gods temple. We are Gods vessels read the bible and you'll find that out.
Read your Bible again. No one knows who is saved until Judgement Day.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

big truth wrote:
<quoted text>It is a sin to do anything to harm your body and your health. Therefore it is a sin to smoke. It is not a natural act to puff and pull smoke into your body. It is killing you and you are committing suicide by harming your body.
REAL TRUE CHRISTIANS ARE FOLLWERS OF CHRIST, AND THEY DO NOT SMOKE.
If you are saved and Christ is in your heart, you will no longer hunger for the things that cannot satisfy.
1 John 3
1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself,(They purify themselves by staying away from evil habits that shorten their lives) even as he is pure.

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Blah blah flap. Pot is not toxic. Second, everything in moderation. Ring a bell? Taking in alcohol is not natural. But Jesus drank wine. Hmmm.
i told ya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Reform Efforts In Congress Range From Pot To Hemp

http://www.cannabisnews.org/reform-efforts-in...
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

according wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible again. No one knows who is saved until Judgement Day.
What did Jesus say about being ready and watching and praying and working in the field ? What does the bible say about working out our own salvation ? What does the bible tell us about how we should in our salvation how we should live ? The answers are found in the teachings in the New Testament. Yes God will have the final say wether or not one will enter into his kingdom. But didn't jesus tell us how we should live or what about Paul's writings? When we read Gods word doesn't it judge us rightfully and shouldn't we live according to his word ?
Should it be a hit or miss? Surely not? No it shouldn't if we live according to what Jesus taught and all of the New Testament then we will be ready for his coming. Let me remind you we are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. The real question are we ready for his return if so then we will enter into his rest. Jesus said no man knows the day or hour but he also told us about the signs before his return. They are here be ready.
Working Man

Annville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

real wrote:
<quoted text>Two out of eight of your childish ass-u-mptions aren't to bad, matches your knowledge or rather lack of knowledge about the Bible and what it really says. Do you regularly put your ass out there for everyone to see?
Point made again... LOL. Your filthy mouth proves that you are neither a Christian or even a decent human being. Am I judging you?? Nope. Just an observation based on your own comments that you stupidly posted on a thread about Christians !! Go post on the thread about Christians using vulgar language.
according

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Saved wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Jesus say about being ready and watching and praying and working in the field ? What does the bible say about working out our own salvation ? What does the bible tell us about how we should in our salvation how we should live ? The answers are found in the teachings in the New Testament. Yes God will have the final say wether or not one will enter into his kingdom. But didn't jesus tell us how we should live or what about Paul's writings? When we read Gods word doesn't it judge us rightfully and shouldn't we live according to his word ?
Should it be a hit or miss? Surely not? No it shouldn't if we live according to what Jesus taught and all of the New Testament then we will be ready for his coming. Let me remind you we are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. The real question are we ready for his return if so then we will enter into his rest. Jesus said no man knows the day or hour but he also told us about the signs before his return. They are here be ready.
"Beware, you are standing, lest you fall." Revelations also speaks of many who will state on Judgement Day about what great things they did and He will tell them, He never knew them.
Judging others is a very dangerous thing to do according to The Word. All the men who were going to stone the woman for adultery had to put their stones down when Jesus reminded them. I'd say smoking marijuana hardly compares in comparison.
I agree with all your comments. However, eating bologna, ham, pork chops, bacon,hotdogs, etc., may be something to be more concerned about, than an occasional drink or smoke.
like scripture

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

wowed wrote:
Jesus said not to criticize other people for their habits. "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man." (Mat. 15:11) The apostle Paul wrote, I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.(Paul: Romans 14:14,17)
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth.(Psalm 104:14-15)
The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches.(Is. 18:4-5)
And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.(Ezekiel 34:29)
Good words.
Justsaying

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

like scripture wrote:
<quoted text>Good words.
what about Genisis 1:9-12..? It says that if an herb will produce a seed that will reproduce itself, then it has been put here by God and seen that it was good.. Now, I don't smoke weed(herb) anymore but I used to. Not one time did I ever do stupid things or endanger myself or others. I felt no urge to harm anyone, or nothing that people has been relating to bad things about weed(herb). I have attended church for many years and I don't think that you should beat someone's person down for smoking weed(herb). For I believe that if the individual has a personal relationship with God then they can make there own decision. Who really understands the Bible completely? To my knowledge no man does.. But I know for sure that it does say ( that if any man add to, or take away from these writings that the plagues should be added unto him).. Thanks for taking the time to read, have a Blessed day..
real

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Working Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Point made again... LOL. Your filthy mouth proves that you are neither a Christian or even a decent human being. Am I judging you?? Nope. Just an observation based on your own comments that you stupidly posted on a thread about Christians !! Go post on the thread about Christians using vulgar language.
You're entitled to your own opinion I guess, but you're not entitled to your own facts, truth is a sonofabitch, isn't it. You obliviously know less than nothing about being Christian or even decent, grow up.
real

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Much of Christendom is a religious system of beliefs that are both unscriptural and contradictory -- at times evil.
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

according wrote:
<quoted text>"Beware, you are standing, lest you fall." Revelations also speaks of many who will state on Judgement Day about what great things they did and He will tell them, He never knew them.
Judging others is a very dangerous thing to do according to The Word. All the men who were going to stone the woman for adultery had to put their stones down when Jesus reminded them. I'd say smoking marijuana hardly compares in comparison.
I agree with all your comments. However, eating bologna, ham, pork chops, bacon,hotdogs, etc., may be something to be more concerned about, than an occasional drink or smoke.
God Expects Us to Judge

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa. 37:30) A righteous person will talk of judgment. He will not REFUSE to judge. He will talk judgment.

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:14-15) How can you hate the evil and love the good if you refuse to judge? You can't. You are SINNING when you refuse to judge.

Our generation is well described in Isaiah 59:8: "The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace." People have refused to judge, so there is no peace.

Paul said in I Corinthians 1:10 to "... be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." Why would Paul make such a statement if judging is wrong? In I Corinthians 2:15 Paul says, "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." Judging is not a sin; judging is a characteristic of being a spiritual person! Satan has been lying to us, hoping that we will NOT judge, because he knows that the right kind of judgment PLEASES God and betters our lives and Christian service.

Someone says, "But should we judge PEOPLE?" Yes, we certainly should. Paul actually REBUKES the Corinthians for NOT judging: "Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?" (I Cor. 6:1-5) If judging is wrong, then Paul needs to confess and repent for misleading these Christians! He clearly told them to JUDGE PEOPLE.

If judging people is wrong, how can we obey Romans 16:17-18? II Corinthians 6:17? II Timothy 3:5-6? I John 4:1? Friend, if judging is wrong, then God has contradicted Himself and His words cannot be trusted!

Notice Malachi 3:18: "Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." WOW! Does that sound like it is wrong to judge?
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

What about Revelation 2:2? " I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:" Why would the Lord be pleased with these Christians if judging was wrong? Is it not impossible to find someone a "liar" without judging them?

If the Bible is clear about anything, it is clear about the importance of judging on a regular basis in order to properly serve and honor God. To ignore this fact is to ignore all of the Scripture just presented and also the rest of the Bible. God expects us to judge.

God's Rules for Judging

Now I do not wish to imply that we should spend all of our time judging. Sometimes people judge when they have no business doing so. In John 7:24 Jesus tells us to judge RIGHTEOUS judgment. This can only be done by following the rules that God has established in His word. Here follow seven good rules from Scripture:

Judge Scripturally

Isaiah 8:20 says, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Our standard is God's word, not our feelings, our traditions, or our opinions. Right and wrong should always be determined by God's word.

Don't Judge When God's Word Is Silent

If God's word is silent about a subject, then you may not have to judge at all. Don't rush to judgment on an issue when the Bible says very little or is silent about it. Don't make more of a matter than God makes of it. A good example of this is found in Colossians 2:16: "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" That is, these are not subjects of great importance today, so let's not make these great issues of judgment.

Pray for Good Judgement Ability

When Solomon received his kingdom he asked God to "Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?" (I Kings 3:9) James 1:5 says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." We should pray for good judgment ability.

Don't Respect Persons

Proverbs 24:23 says, "These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment." Treat all parties fairly without favoring anyone, such as family members or friends. A truly fair judge is blind and deaf to any outer influence.(Isa. 42:1, 19-21)

Judge in Truth

Do not judge another when you do not have all the relevant facts. Jeremiah 5:1 says, "Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it." A true judge is one who seeks the truth. If you must judge, be sure and get all the facts. A Japanese proverb says to "search seven times before you judge."
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

As the most commonly used illegal drug in the United States, marijuana has received a great deal of attention. This information sheet addresses the main issues, questions, and concerns that are raised, including common misunderstandings about this drug.
WHAT IS MARIJUANA?
Marijuana, or "cannabis", is a plant found in many areas of the world. It is also known as "grass," "pot," or "weed." It contains the mind-altering substance "THC," as well as hundreds of other chemicals. The amount of THC determines the effect on the user.
A "joint" is a marijuana cigarette made from the dried leaves and flowers of the plant. A "blunt" is a marijuana cigar or marijuana rolled in cigar paper.
Other drugs are also made from the plant.' Hashish is made from the plant's resin. Hash oil is made from an oily extract of the plant, or from hashish. Hashish and hash oil have high concentrations of THC. These forms of marijuana are smoked, or baked and eaten.
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

WHAT ARE THE IMMEDIATE EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA?
Effects depend on the dose, the strength of the drug, the user, other drugs in the body, and the setting. Physical effects include an increase in heart rate, reddening of the eyes, and dryness in the mouth and throat. Marijuana's psychological effects begin to occur even at low doses and increase if higher doses are taken. These effects include relaxation and feelings of euphoria. Short-term memory is impaired. Sense of time and space are altered. The ability to perform tasks requiring concentration, swift reactions, and coordination is reduced. Users' reports that hearing, vision, and skin sensitivity are enhanced by the drug are not confirmed by objective research. Altered sense of body image, and bouts of exaggerated laughter are also commonly reported.
Effects usually begin and peak soon after smoking, and diminish gradually over several hours. Use is followed by fatigue. Heavy use is often followed by a marijuana "hangover".
Saved

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

1 Peter 5:8 ESV / 66 helpful votes

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Galatians 5:21 ESV / 32 helpful votes

Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Proverbs 20:1 ESV / 29 helpful votes

Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

1 Timothy 3:2 ESV / 21 helpful votes

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1 Peter 4:7 ESV / 19 helpful votes

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.

Romans 12:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

Proverbs 23:29-35 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine. Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a serpent and stings like an adder. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart utter perverse things....

Ephesians 5:18 ESV / 12 helpful votes

In other words you throw yourself I to judgment when your thinking is impaired or altered and you make bad judgment. Like I said before the word judges you and I when we live contrary to it. Learn more bible scriptures before you tell me not to judge because its a sin. Appear toy that's the only bible scripture you know and amazingly you've managed to take it out of its content.
John

Brecksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

read this wrote:
It is a sin to smoke anything, but you drug lovers will keep going around in circles seeking to justify yourself. There is no justification from God for such a nasty act.
It's a defilement of the body which is to be holy and it makes your mind easier for Satan to take control of and temp you to do something contrary to God's word. And if you are talking about easing the pain of some illness in a medicinal way, did not Jesus refuse the wine drugged with myrrh to ease his suffering when he was dying from being impaled? Mark 15:33
The argument has been made that everything God created is good, and that this includes hemp. Everything God created is good,26 but all these good things can be turned into evil. Sexual relations are good within marriage,27 but adultery is evil.28 It's all sex, which was created by God for good, but not all that men do with it is good. Poisonous mushrooms are good for breaking down dead wood, but bad for eating. Hemp is good for making rope, but bad for smoking. So, now you know. Do what's right!
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking [and smoking pot], but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.(Romans 14:17)
----------
You are misinformed, the reason Jesus did not drink the wine has to do with the Jewish wedding ceremony that includes 4 cups of wine, look it up and you will understand. Also, with this logic, aspirin, other analgesics, herbal teas, or any other naturally pain remedy including alcohol and marijuana would be a sin to consume. Like a previous poster said, it's what you say and do that reflect your inward spirit; you should be focused on a relationship with Jesus instead of all the rules of Christianity. If you are walking with God, you will have no desire to sin.
maggie

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

read this wrote:
It is a sin to smoke anything, but you drug lovers will keep going around in circles seeking to justify yourself. There is no justification from God for such a nasty act.
It's a defilement of the body which is to be holy and it makes your mind easier for Satan to take control of and temp you to do something contrary to God's word. And if you are talking about easing the pain of some illness in a medicinal way, did not Jesus refuse the wine drugged with myrrh to ease his suffering when he was dying from being impaled? Mark 15:33
The argument has been made that everything God created is good, and that this includes hemp. Everything God created is good,26 but all these good things can be turned into evil. Sexual relations are good within marriage,27 but adultery is evil.28 It's all sex, which was created by God for good, but not all that men do with it is good. Poisonous mushrooms are good for breaking down dead wood, but bad for eating. Hemp is good for making rope, but bad for smoking. So, now you know. Do what's right!
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking [and smoking pot], but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.(Romans 14:17)
----------
thats right. they will continue to go around in circles even tho they know its wrong to seek to justify themselves. there is no justification when you sin against the temple which is the body.
real

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

The problem is most people cannot live up to their own standards,,, let alone God's. No one believes anything unless it suits them to do so. Evil is the desire for power and control over the lives of others. America is at war. Our government says it is a war against drugs, but since it is primarily young people who use drugs, it is really a war against the young. Make no mistake, this war against the young has put more of its own people behind bars than any other country on the face of the Earth. Why has America gone to war against its young? Because the values of the young, especially after using visionary plants and potions are opposed to the ecocidal values of those in power. You know, the peace - love --- NOT WAR thing...

When you get right down to it, everything is poisonous. Water will kill you if you drink too much of it. Oxygen is a deadly poison, yet we need it to live.

Knowledge has indeed increased. Now, if only we had the Wisdom to use it...
dur

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

real wrote:
The problem is most people cannot live up to their own standards,,, let alone God's. No one believes anything unless it suits them to do so. Evil is the desire for power and control over the lives of others. America is at war. Our government says it is a war against drugs, but since it is primarily young people who use drugs, it is really a war against the young. Make no mistake, this war against the young has put more of its own people behind bars than any other country on the face of the Earth. Why has America gone to war against its young? Because the values of the young, especially after using visionary plants and potions are opposed to the ecocidal values of those in power. You know, the peace - love --- NOT WAR thing...
When you get right down to it, everything is poisonous. Water will kill you if you drink too much of it. Oxygen is a deadly poison, yet we need it to live.
Knowledge has indeed increased. Now, if only we had the Wisdom to use it...
that is a stupid statement intended to defend the idiocy of people who want to drag our values down with drugs.
there is no excuse for that stuff.
anyone who continues to keep their brain numb from intelligent rational living, will deserve the fate awaiting for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bingo in Corbin 4 min mandy191 5
For Rent 4 min no scum 1
lib refuse to buy hillary book 9 min wet voter 7
Times Are Getting Bad, We're Losing More Freedoms 9 min scirocco 210
obama worst president since ww2 12 min worst ever 132
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Are we back to this 128,012
Who installs wheel bearings in Corbin? 15 min truth 2
•••
•••
•••
Keavy Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••