Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: politix.topix.com

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Comments (Page 18)

Showing posts 341 - 360 of921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

IT keep's arguing the same point over & over
hoping for a different result?
TEXT BOOK INSANITY!
Right to be Stupid

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

BigButtBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think ANYONE from Owensboro could even get ONE answer right...no multiple choice then.
Most people who come on topix can't even spell their name. They are all so ignorant.
I dare anyone to take the quiz and tell us their score.
The folks on Topix who can't use words such as there, their, and they're properly...

...and those who don't know the difference between here and hear, who say prolly for probably...

...they likely couldn't pass the --3rd grade test-- from any year.

Thank God for Topix, so we have a place where these illiterate dummies can go to spew out trash about anything and and insult anyone...

... because we live in the USA where we have freedom of speech and expression, and as our Secretary of State said, "In America we have the right to be stupid, if you want to be".
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I think the point here was "can you take an 8th grade test now and know all the answers? It is not so easy!

Education has declined ,so the teachers say, since the "no child left behind" came along. With the gov`t deciding education or about anything, mostly it declines from the way it was better and throwing money without common sense (at it) is a waste.

It would seem better if the Federal gov`t passed laws to force the States to maintain a high training and then left it to the States to handle . None want to go back to what it was but to improve on the training!!!
ur a teabag boy

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Political Sour Grapes wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think these old, crybaby Teapublicans have much of a life outside of argueing back and forth with strangers online. They can't even explain themselves further than the talking points and slogans that they hear talk radio hosts and Fox News repeat endlessly. It's obviously a miserable way to live life.:(
And yet you are so pathetic and have no life because you are on here discussing the "crbaby teapublicans. LMMFAO Seems the only thing you have proven is that you have less of a life than the people you talk about!

Be sure and watch Rachael Madcow and Chris "I tingle down my leg every time Obama speaks" Matthews and let us know what you are told to think and say next time. Yawn...boring! As if you opinion of others has ever mattered. lol
well

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Get over the election wrote:
<quoted text>
Another angry political troll chimes in this thread, as usual. Besides the fact that you're still butthurt over the election, please explain how it's the democrats fault. See if you can do it without more of your simple minded, baseless GOP talking points.
easy, the democrats have controlled everything in this state for awhile. They bow down to the teachers unions, and push the mantra of throwing money at the problem, instead of actually taking common sense steps to fix the problems. Oh btw, you can also thank democrats for raising school taxes all the freakin time.

Actually the people who are butt hurt, are the people still working for a living, as the obama administration is screwing them over daily.
So please, take your typical canned liberal responses shove them up the 7th planet from the sun
well

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Where are your Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of other planets, what planet did the information your canned neocon responses originate? On planet Earth, Kentucky is a red state. Republicans have called the shot the congressional shots for many, many years. Where are your statistics to back up even one thing you thing you're insinuating? Democrats control this state for "awhile"? What figures have changed and according to what policies? Lastly, I'd rather avoid discussing your fascination with shoving things up "Uranus". I believe consenting Americans have the right do whatever they want in the privacy of their own bedroom, so I'm not gonna judge you for your fetishes.
Heck, I thought the planet line was funny. Lighten up a bit little fella
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand all this political wrangling nonsense. No one ever wins and all that results is posters try to out badmouth each other. I wish I had some old "I Love Lucy" reruns for a higher level of nonsense. LOL
Fox News Facts

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Where are your Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of other planets, what planet did the information your canned neocon responses originate? On planet Earth, Kentucky is a red state. Republicans have called the shot the congressional shots for many, many years. Where are your statistics to back up even one thing you thing you're insinuating? Democrats control this state for "awhile"? What figures have changed and according to what policies? Lastly, I'd rather avoid discussing your fascination with shoving things up "Uranus". I believe consenting Americans have the right do whatever they want in the privacy of their own bedroom, so I'm not gonna judge you for your fetishes.
I noticed his response didn't even address one of your questions...lol. But, then again. Any non truth that Fox News and Rush Limbaugh types repeat enough becomes fact in low information voters like that. But, you can always count on response chock full of name-calling!
truth sux for you

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

well no so much wrote:
Cancer cases have risen under Democratic control of Kentucky. Damn liberals!!
Was that supposed to be sarcasm or comical? Well, whatever. You failed completely. LOL You think that was funny? Just wait til Obamacare gets here. We will see if you are laughing when they put a pain patch on someone in your family and push them in the corner and forget about them because cancer treatment and drugs for cancer are too expensive and doesn't fit in the democrats allotted government medical budget. They are dying with dignity. Isn't that what the democrats promised you morons?

You democrat slugs will scream the loudest and kick and have a fit when your Obamacare miracle (duh) goes into full swing. I hope Mac Daddy messiah doesn't turn on you. LOL He will. Bank on it!
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

take your meds wrote:
<quoted text>
You repeat yourself like a mental patient! You're not even intelligent enough to know that this thread isn't a political debate. Go to a political thread with the rest of the name calling malcontents like yourself.
ITS FUNNY, MY COMMENTS GET DELETED AS QUICK AS I POST!
why is it not political? education has been commandeered by the federal government! which pieces and parts are not political?
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
I think the point here was "can you take an 8th grade test now and know all the answers? It is not so easy!
Education has declined ,so the teachers say, since the "no child left behind" came along. With the gov`t deciding education or about anything, mostly it declines from the way it was better and throwing money without common sense (at it) is a waste.
It would seem better if the Federal gov`t passed laws to force the States to maintain a high training and then left it to the States to handle . None want to go back to what it was but to improve on the training!!!
you are absolutely correct!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>They have found that dumbing a high school graduate down to the previous fifth grade level was what it took to pass most of the the kids when segregation of the schools was ended in the 60s.
Otherwise there would be way too many left back who had to repeat too many times for the teachers to enjoy extravagant pensions and benefits.
It just cost way to much to get them all smart for the teacher's taste.
That's where it stands right now.
Wealthy teachers and dumb kids.
25th in the world in math and science.
I don't think I've ever met a "rich teacher". Where would I find one of those?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Well, I passed it the first time so I think I can pass it again.
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Take a Deep Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how Republican talking talking point parrots like yourself have no ability to write even a paragraph without calling names like a kindergartener that needs a nap. Sorry that you're having such a hard time with political irrelevance. Hopefully someday you find better ways of dealing with it than trolling topix to complain.
all of the last five presidents were useless! I am getting away from party politics, and have been that way for awhile.
having said that, do you not think there is a problem with the education system? we have thrown money at the education system controlled by the federal government since the founding of the department of education was created by big government lover jimmy carter.........has that helped? absolutely not!
since education is controlled by the federal government, id say IT IS IN FACT A POLITICAL ISSUE!
why is it that when a person has an opposing view he , "needs a nap" I feel refreshed!:)
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

stop your crying wrote:
Why do these Republican political trolls keep taking this thread off topic? They should get on those political threads for people that like to argue all day. The election's over, calling people names all the time isn't it gonna help them feel any better.
I am not sure if you know this or not, but the education system is controlled by the federal government....and Obama is handling it the exact same way bush did , in the big government manor.
that's all
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Points wrote:
TEXT BOOK INSANITY!
since the implementation of the department of education under jimmy carter , education has declined, but we keep throwing money toward it. textbook insanity?
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Points wrote:
TEXT BOOK INSANITY!
doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results is the definition of insanity.
lets look at the "war on poverty"...we have been throwing money toward that since fdr's presidency, how has that worked?
we have been throwing dollar after dollar toward education, how has that worked? have any of these things improved?
the progressive movement IS the definition of insanity!
I will argue that point anywhere anytime!
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Go back to school wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your mental issues and inability to get over off topic politics, I would agree that your atrocious grammar is an indictment of our educational system.
you just don't know how to respond, that's all
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Too much Limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a liberal I'd be happy for comments from insane crybabies like cracker and whatever name the Mumfordsville insult troll is using. Nobody can prove how angry and out of touch with reality they are as well as they can themselves.
you cant respond, you simply can not respond.
when someone paints you into a corner (like you do others) you don't know what to do with me?
I love the name calling, it gets me more animated

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Most teachers couldn't pass it for sure.

Obama would need a telepromter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 341 - 360 of921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
best family lawyer? 2 min golfer 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Take America Back 139,175
Sun Spot Tanning (Apr '13) 4 min Itching 15
World War III ?? 4 min Laurel Patriot 84
Oblamo's Keystone Disgrace 5 min Dawg 70
nursing home care (Jul '13) 7 min John or Joan 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 9 min redeemer 25,983
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance