Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 Full story: politix.topix.com 1,067

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Full Story
yep

Owensboro, KY

#357 Aug 17, 2013
TOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Breitbart preys on the weak and feeble-minded by telling them they are intelligent and well-informed.
Good point. The same goes for the right wing talk radio hosts and Fox News Channel. It's an entire market catering to close minded people who want nothing more than their opinions feed back to them. I remember one neocon poster wrote Fox News was superior because of their ratings. WWE wrestling and the Kardashians have high ratings also...lol
SYL

Ashland, KY

#359 Aug 17, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The Progressive plans for the past century are coming to fruition..... Each generation is becoming increasingly miseducated and more dependent. The Conservative individual holdouts and the Elite left will be the only ones able to chart their own destinies. Most others will resemble the masses of the left today. Blithering idjits knowing/thinking/saying nothing unless it came from some Gov't planning committee.
Considering how your post was judged, The dummy down program of young Americans has worked.
I don't know why my posts show flatwoods I'm not from flatwoods, but close. Grayson, Ky.
LOL

Owensboro, KY

#360 Aug 17, 2013
I think posters like the Flatwoods person with all the name changes, okimar and Le Jimbo are shining examples of the dumbing down of people and low and misinformation voters.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#362 Aug 17, 2013
test wrote:
any test on earth put it on any table i can pass it.no problem at all.
This thread is about a TEST, not your political views. Stay on track, idiots.
So here's the test. take it. Post your answers here. I don't think any of you morons can pass it.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/369242-1912-8th-...
I doubt it

Johnson City, TN

#369 Aug 17, 2013
I have a BA,and am well on my way to a Masters degree; I looked at the test, and I doubt I can pass it! This does make a statment about modern education. I can't spell without the aid of spellcheck, I consider myself good at math (regular math), however I find useing a calculator the easy way. Remember in 1912, if you graduated 8th grade you could get certified to teach grades 1-7! My Grandfather was very proud that he graduated 8th grade (a bit before 1912), I thought that was funny, I'm not laughing now!
Really Really

United States

#371 Aug 17, 2013
Back in 1912 if you passed the 8th grade you could become a teacher so it must not be to hard.
liposuctionLucy

Lady Lake, FL

#372 Aug 17, 2013
I can't help where my proxy server is. Don't know why it says Lady Lake.
Get back to the topic...Did you take the test or not ?
liposuctionLucy

Lady Lake, FL

#373 Aug 17, 2013
Really Really wrote:
Back in 1912 if you passed the 8th grade you could become a teacher so it must not be to hard.
Well, LOOK at the test, take it and tell us your answers. You will not be able to answer ONE question.
Here's the test.

Really Really

United States

#375 Aug 17, 2013
just took it and only missed two of the questions.
whoknows

Versailles, KY

#379 Aug 17, 2013
Education standards used to be more stringent. People quit school earlier if they weren't academically inclined. Schools now are more or less babysitting services.

My Grandmother completed HS in Burnside in 1932. From her level and descriptions, she was more advanced than most college grads today.
Really Really wrote:

“I'm not the Reds pitcher”

Since: Jun 13

Hick town, USA

#381 Aug 17, 2013
Not a problem but I'm a 20 years of schooling and they put you on the day shift kind if guy.
SYL

Ashland, KY

#385 Aug 17, 2013
fatbacks x wrote:
At least in 1912, the the population of decendents of criminal and mentally deranged immigrints was a hell of a lot lower. With the new fed reserve on board we went from big time killing our own citizens to loading up the boats to go kill worldwide, all with the blessings and backing from wallstreet.A hundred years of indoctrination and techonology has made it possible and agreeable for us to wear a infered camera in our a---s. And most likely, happily pay for the app.
I went to school in the 50's and I don't remember a test like that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Doll

Monticello, KY

#394 Aug 17, 2013
All they want is access to your friends list on FB.
Apenas cruzado

Nashville, TN

#398 Aug 17, 2013
I just made it past eighth grade. So if it is in Spanish I think I can pass.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#400 Aug 17, 2013
Congratulations. You get a cerveza.
all over

Clay City, KY

#426 Aug 18, 2013
Common Core will ensure they will not be cable of passing a 2012 8th grade test 10 years from now.
Paul C

Oak Grove, KY

#428 Aug 18, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about a TEST, not your political views. Stay on track, idiots.
So here's the test. take it. Post your answers here. I don't think any of you morons can pass it.
I can.
resident

Portland, TN

#431 Aug 18, 2013
I got 10 of 12. The ones I missed were ridiculous. "Decline "I""? WTF does that even mean? Maybe decline has an old meaning, but it has long since been forgotten.
oh paleeze

Horse Cave, KY

#433 Aug 18, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The test was from 1912, you dunce! Have you ever ever made a comment that was on topic?!?
Are you STILL trying to police what people can talk about on topix? Do you not have any control or authority powers in your home? Is that why you constantly try to control people on topix? lol How's that working for you, wannabe cop? lmao

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
not easy

Louisville, KY

#436 Aug 18, 2013
I took the test and missed two - the one about the "decline 1" or whatever and one other. I know school was a lot harder in 1912. My grandmother graduated from college in 1906 and she was brilliant. The school system now is not as rigid and the standards are not nearly as high. You are dumb and you know nothing of history if you think school was easy in 1912 in our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min yeah man 6,994
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Tom in town 155,256
News Flash 46 min Scoop 1
is Pelosi insane 1 hr lib always lie 11
racist holder get $77million job 1 hr lib always lie 4
Are there any honest good man left? 1 hr Eric 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 131,106
Keavy Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Keavy Jobs

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keavy News, Events & Info