Republican Leader Wants Rich To Vote ...

Republican Leader Wants Rich To Vote Twice

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Republican Leader Wants Rich To Vote Twice.

Did I make this up? Noppppppe. I sure didn't.

A Republican leader wants to give the rich the legal right to cast two votes in elections in Montana. If it sounds as if made up ..... it isn't. It's a real bill which has been submitted.

It gives corporations the right to vote under their corporation name in Montana. Therefore permitting a person owning a corporation to vote under his personal name, then immediately vote again under the name of his company. He gets to vote twice.

Particularly in local elections in rural areas a few extra votes can sometimes make a difference in the outcome.

Was someone before the election saying the Republicans do not cater to corporations and rich?
ha ha ha

Barnesville, GA

#2 Feb 24, 2013
No link so another jennu lie. But you have no trouble of some black in ohio voting as many as 6 times.Just like you said Noone was going to take guns. But you refuse to answer the topix when links are provide from 4 state where the dem want to do it.Your just a joke that claim that went to college.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#3 Feb 24, 2013
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/22/1...

This is only part A, if a firm, partnership, company, or corporation owns real property within the municipality, the president, vice president, secretary, or other designee of the entity is eligible to vote in a municipal election.

Part B, will be taking away the right to vote for everybody who does not own property.

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Maybe I should lead a gathering of conservative folks to move to New York, and Cali, so we can register and get those electoral votes in the next election. That is what conservatives are doing wrong, by not moving and taking the blue states.

#5 Feb 24, 2013
ha ha ha wrote:
No link so another jennu lie. But you have no trouble of some black in ohio voting as many as 6 times.Just like you said Noone was going to take guns. But you refuse to answer the topix when links are provide from 4 state where the dem want to do it.Your just a joke that claim that went to college.
I was hoping someone would ask. Because it shows you have no idea what your own party is about and doing. You could have googled it. But you haven't figured out google, huh?

Check out Section Two.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billhtml/HB...

#6 Feb 24, 2013
ha ha ha wrote:
Btw, keep saying things about blacks and other minorities. It greatly helped in us winning the last election and will again in 2016. Bigotry and sexism within the Republican Party leadership lost you two elections. Will also will a third. I'll add that to my list. A couple weeks ago the Republican Party (as a whole) pretty much come right out and stated Native Americans were not bright enough to be trusted on juries in their own jurisdictions. It was in response to why they were opposing the 'Violence Against Women Act'. A part of the Act covers Native American women on reservations.
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#7 Feb 24, 2013
"NONRESIDENT PROPERTY OWNER" in the first few lines. Non residents are allowed to vote now? The man has a dog in the fight should have a say.

#8 Feb 24, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
"NONRESIDENT PROPERTY OWNER" in the first few lines. Non residents are allowed to vote now? The man has a dog in the fight should have a say.
Yes, it would give non-residents a right to vote in local elections if they own a corporation within the town or county. But I think the biggie is that if the owner is a resident he/she can vote as a normal resident then vote a second time under the name of his/her corporation. They can vote twice.

#9 Feb 24, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
What gives them the right to vote twice is this line.

"The individual who is designated to vote by the entity is subject to the provisions of [section 1] and shall also provide to the election administrator documentation of the entity's registration with the secretary of state under 35-1-217 and proof of the individual's designation to vote on behalf of the entity."

They can vote under the name of and in behalf of the entity (the corporation). That's separate from them as an individual resident voter if they live within the town or county.

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

#10 Feb 24, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives them the right to vote twice is this line.
"The individual who is designated to vote by the entity is subject to the provisions of [section 1] and shall also provide to the election administrator documentation of the entity's registration with the secretary of state under 35-1-217 and proof of the individual's designation to vote on behalf of the entity."
They can vote under the name of and in behalf of the entity (the corporation). That's separate from them as an individual resident voter if they live within the town or county.
I agree, if you are an American citizen, legal and with proper identification, you should be allowed to vote. One vote per legal American person.

Everyone else should be deported.
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#11 Feb 24, 2013
" provisions of [section 1]"

Either you start paying me or send me your degree.

#12 Feb 24, 2013
Cool. I just thought of something. If every state passed this law, because of my family's business I could vote in six different states in 7 municipal areas (in one state a truck facility is in a separate county than the company branch).

It also says 'Entity to vote in municipal elections and to file for candidacy for municipal elected offices'. Does that mean I could be mayor in six different towns in five states I don't even live in? Awesome!
EKT

Hazard, KY

#13 Feb 24, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
A Republican leader wants to give the rich the legal right to cast two votes in elections in Montana. If it sounds as if made up ..... it isn't. It's a real bill which has been submitted.
It gives corporations the right to vote under their corporation name in Montana. Therefore permitting a person owning a corporation to vote under his personal name, then immediately vote again under the name of his company. He gets to vote twice.
Particularly in local elections in rural areas a few extra votes can sometimes make a difference in the outcome.
Was someone before the election saying the Republicans do not cater to corporations and rich?
Politicians can be very stupid. Of course they could just simply be getting some kind of message across. But it's not necessarily the rich. Not all corporations are rich and some are very small. Maybe they just want to up the number of corporations.
EKT

Hazard, KY

#14 Feb 24, 2013
If all states passed that would I get five votes. Personal and four corps. Of course, only one is really successful but I wouldn't classify it as rich. Interesting.
Question

Flat Lick, KY

#15 Feb 24, 2013
If I'm an employee/stockholder of Ford Motor Corporation am I allowed the two votes?
EKT

Hazard, KY

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Sounds like somebody is raising a "Taxation without representation issue to me."
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#17 Feb 25, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
And Lord we thought Romney had Entities. If they get away with that one, the States will be getting rich with corporate setups/annual corporate fees. Ha, that's all Republicans and conservatives cater to. Why do you think the Koch Bros financed the Tea Party and bought Gov. Walker of Wisconsin a summer home in California?
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#18 Feb 25, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
Cool. I just thought of something. If every state passed this law, because of my family's business I could vote in six different states in 7 municipal areas (in one state a truck facility is in a separate county than the company branch).
It also says 'Entity to vote in municipal elections and to file for candidacy for municipal elected offices'. Does that mean I could be mayor in six different towns in five states I don't even live in? Awesome!
They do that now, don't they Jen? lol I know of one in the Chicago area that is Mayor in one town, and, President in another. lol It's called "creating jobs by the Right Wing".
Hmmm

Hazard, KY

#19 Feb 25, 2013
The machine probably has Richard J, Daley installed in a few of the bigger townships. Wonder how many dead people the machine voted this year.
EfinMajik

London, KY

#20 Feb 26, 2013
I read the entire thing and it does not allow any entity to have two votes. It does provide for a corp. that is the major hire or substantial in a city to have at most, a vote.

Ignorance and comprehension your strong and weak suit respectively.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it illegal to record someone then try extort... 3 min Fake news 1
South Laurel Game 5 min Wow 15
Missing photographer 5 min Fake news 5
Will laurel county soon have 50 liquor stores 6 min Fake news 4
Who the hell is bo cook 8 min Fake news 1
Spectrum cable internet 9 min My well 6
Debt By 43 Presidents VS Debt By Obama 10 min My well 25

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance