Starbucks Ran Full Page Ad Against Gun Owner

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2013
uuummm

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why in the world would you think they are targeting conservative Christians? LOL!

But while we are on the subject, why is it that conservative Christians, you know, the ones that believe everyone has a time to die and that God is in control of everything, feel the need to go around armed?

The thing is, large groups of gun toters were showing up at stores for rallies and advertising using Starbuck's name without permission making it seem like it was an event sponsored by Starbucks. A lot of normal customers were unnerved when they walked in for there morning cup and were confronted by these groups so SB asked to be left out of it. You can still carry concealed.

.....

A young cowboy named Billy Joe
Grew restless on the farm
A boy filled with wonderlust
Who really meant no harm
He changed his clothes and shined his boots
And combed his dark hair down
And his mother cried as he walked out
Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town

...
LOL

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

uuummm wrote:
Why in the world would you think they are targeting conservative Christians? LOL!
Because only conservative Christians own guns, don't you know?

Bad move on Starbucks part though, they caved to the gun-grabbers. I can understand the position they were unwillingly put in, though. They never wanted to take a side on the gun debate but were forced to by both sides of the debate. Even now they didn't say a person can't bring a gun in to their stores. Yesterday they passed out a memo to all their employees explaining the new policy. They are only to ask a gun-toting customer to leave if they become disruptive.

Here's an actual photo of the memo passed around to all Starbucks employees:

http://www.thebangswitch.com/wp-content/uploa...

The liberal media is making it out to be more than what it is in an attempt to portray it as a "win" for the anti-gun crowd.
uuummm

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only conservative Christians own guns, don't you know?
Bad move on Starbucks part though, they caved to the gun-grabbers. I can understand the position they were unwillingly put in, though. They never wanted to take a side on the gun debate but were forced to by both sides of the debate. Even now they didn't say a person can't bring a gun in to their stores. Yesterday they passed out a memo to all their employees explaining the new policy. They are only to ask a gun-toting customer to leave if they become disruptive.
Here's an actual photo of the memo passed around to all Starbucks employees:
http://www.thebangswitch.com/wp-content/uploa...
The liberal media is making it out to be more than what it is in an attempt to portray it as a "win" for the anti-gun crowd.
SB is in a no win situation. When they said guns are OK, instead of those wishing to openly carry thinking how nice that was and going on about their business, they had to claim a victory and stage rallies using the SB name. Now that SB has asked nicely that you do not open carry in their stores the other side is basically doing the same victory dance.

Nuts, all of them.

If one wants to carry a gun get a permit and carry concealed. If you are openly carrying in a your normal shopping and coffee drinking day you look like a show off who is trying to compensate for...well, whatever.

Scenario 1:

Child: "Mommy, that man has a gun!"

Mommy: "Yes honey. He is going to use on any mass murderer that may come in and try to kill us all while we chill and enjoy our snack."

Child: "Mommy..."

Scenario 2:

Child: "Mommy, that man has a gun!"

Mommy: "Yes honey, Grown ups are allowed to have their guns at all times but little kids like you should never touch them."

Child:...suddenly very curious about guns...

.....

A young cowboy named Billy Joe
Grew restless on the farm
A boy filled with wonderlust
Who really meant no harm
He changed his clothes and shined his boots
And combed his dark hair down
And his mother cried as he walked out
Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town

...
Another point of view

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is it wrong for a business owner to ask customers not to bring their gun into their establishment? As a business owner, I think he has that right.
Another point of view

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 20, 2013
 
By the same token, you have the right to not frequent their business. It's all good.
well

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 20, 2013
 
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only conservative Christians own guns, don't you know?
Bad move on Starbucks part though, they caved to the gun-grabbers. I can understand the position they were unwillingly put in, though. They never wanted to take a side on the gun debate but were forced to by both sides of the debate. Even now they didn't say a person can't bring a gun in to their stores. Yesterday they passed out a memo to all their employees explaining the new policy. They are only to ask a gun-toting customer to leave if they become disruptive.
Here's an actual photo of the memo passed around to all Starbucks employees:
http://www.thebangswitch.com/wp-content/uploa...
The liberal media is making it out to be more than what it is in an attempt to portray it as a "win" for the anti-gun crowd.
'Because only conservative Christians own guns, don't you know?'

and when guns are outlawed only dumb outlaw criminal buzzards like you will have them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Search the Keavy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 min cathyjudy 26,185
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min cathyjudy 146,195
Stop Odumba WAR ON COAL 18 min proof of lies 72
Still can't find an honest real estate 18 min Help needed 3
Anyone know a good Lawyer for car accident claim? 19 min pawpaw 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min SNYB 128,589
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 645
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Keavy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keavy
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••