Mobile Homes-how much to move them?

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
need to know

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Feb 4, 2012
I'm wanting to buy a mobile home, but before I do I am needing to know the average prices around here for moving single wides and double wides. How do they charge? Is it a set price that includes so many miles or is mileage extra? I probably would only look withing a 20-25 mile radius of where I am moving it to. If anyone can give me some ideas this would be a big help on getting started.
Ithink

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2012
If this is a new trailor the place you bought it from should take care of that for you. If you are buying it from an individual, if its a single wide it should be around 2000 but not positive and not sure on a double wide.
Pretty sure

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2012
I called about having one moved and a single wide to move it around 25-30 miles was going to cost $2500. Hope this helps.
grc000

Science Hill, KY

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Just make sure the mover is insured. You never know what can happen.
need to know

Mount Vernon, KY

#6 Feb 4, 2012
Yes I am looking at buying a used one so that's why I was checking moving prices. Thanks for the information.
jevy

London, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2012
2500 is a fair price to move and set it....been there done that.
Outsider

London, KY

#8 Feb 5, 2012
I just checked 2000.00 to move 35 miles. They have to be insured & certifed to put B & C sticker on it to get power to it.
That price also includes blocks & anchors to set the home.
wondering

London, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2012
Could you give me information on who you contacted. We need to get one moved. [email protected]
pitbull

Lebanon, KY

#10 Feb 6, 2012
Does anyone know of any cheap trailers for sale 2nd more bedrooms?
curious

Lexington, KY

#12 Feb 7, 2012
Pretty sure wrote:
I called about having one moved and a single wide to move it around 25-30 miles was going to cost $2500. Hope this helps.
Do you know if there they will move an older trailer. 20 or 25 years old?
Ricardo

Austin, TX

#14 Jul 28, 2012
I want to know how much would it cost me to move a single mobile home 3 miles apart can somebody help me with this plz!?
despite

Ivel, KY

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Outsider wrote:
I just checked 2000.00 to move 35 miles. They have to be insured & certifed to put B & C sticker on it to get power to it.
That price also includes blocks & anchors to set the home.
I want to move one 23 miles could u give me the info of who your talking about and phone
Teri

Evansville, WI

#16 Nov 29, 2012
pitbull wrote:
Did you find a used home? I have on for sale but it is in Wisconsin. I am looking for someone to move it if you know anyone please let me know.
DEBBIE

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jun 18, 2013
Estimates on cost for moving a double wide from Southern California (Ventura) to Northern California (Yountville/Napa Valley)?
Marilynn Felton

United States

#18 Jun 22, 2013
pitbull wrote:
I have a 3 bedroom 2 bath for $2500 needs minor work n needs to b painted.....
skip

Hillsboro, KY

#21 Dec 31, 2013
what is a b & c sticker
To much time

Aurora, OH

#22 Jan 2, 2014
skip wrote:
what is a b & c sticker
one sticker is for setup according to state codes & the other sticker comes from fire marshal. If you don't have these you will not be able to get electricity hooked up.
To much time

Aurora, OH

#23 Jan 2, 2014
You will also have to get a septic tank inspection done. Let's see 100.00 for fire marshal, 100.00 for septic permit, 65.00 for the county electric inspector plus the cost of movers to set up home to state code.
Brandy phillips

Kaufman, TX

#24 Jan 17, 2014
i have searched the internet looking for someone to move a single wide mobile home only a couple of miles up the road.. i cannot find any phone numbers they are only ones that pack you and move you
goose rock

Corbin, KY

#25 Jan 17, 2014
call the lots that sell mobile homes,they contract these movers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
saint joseph hospital in london,ky (Aug '12) 12 min justsayin 226
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min ChromiuMan 165,606
s. j. b. 23 min Hmmmmmm 5
Media keep lying big time 2 hr Libs always lie 1
Serco 2 hr madam 4
I Want My Mommy 2 hr Meme 6
Another dem goes down 3 hr So funny 5

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages