listen up all you HOLIER THAN THOU ho...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

London, KY

#31 Apr 5, 2014
James wrote:
We must accept the literal word of god as it is written.
The last chapter of Revelation, says if we add to or take away from it, our part will be taken out of the book of life.
I believe John's warning at the end of the book of Revelation of "adding to or subtracting from" his book was exactly that, his book, and doesn't really pertain to the KJV since it didn't exist at that time. Abuse and misuse of this passage, I believe is to keep the sheeple in apostasy and under control.

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#34 Apr 5, 2014
whut wrote:
<quoted text>it did not say his book or johns book.
it said THIS book, meaning the whole BIBLE.
Please explain how you believe it could mean the "whole Bible" when the Bible did not exist when it was written?
Secret

Gilbert, AZ

#35 Apr 5, 2014
holy rollers wrote:
i believe the bible is true.
but i have visited my relatives holiness churches and they have their favorites in the church. they are a cult and a club.
some only have certain member favs they pray for when sick.
some only have certain member favs they visit when they are in hospital. what kind of light are you shining, and what kind of message are you sending to your people?
jesus said god is no respecter of persons!
you are supposed to treat everybody alike, and show just as much love for EVERYBODY.
I was going to the Holiness church for a little while.
When I got too sick to go to church, do you think they came by or called to see how I was doing?
NO! The little church down the road a Baptist, came to the hospital and brought food and a donation to my house, and I wasn't even a member of their church.
So much for the concern of the Holiness. They act like they are so much better than anyone.
Big Truth

Mesquite, NV

#36 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how you believe it could mean the "whole Bible" when the Bible did not exist when it was written?
Because God Promised to Preserve His Words!

Psalm 12:6-7 says, "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Then we read in Psalm 100:5 that ".... his truth endureth to all generations," and Jesus said in John 17:17 that God's WORD is truth.

These words state very clearly that God's preserved word MUST be available to us today, because God PROMISED to preserve it for us. There MUST be an infallible Book somewhere.

You would argue back and say: "But ALL translations are God's word, not just one." That's impossible, because the various translations contain different readings, and God is not the author of confusion (I Cor. 14:33). Besides, if all of the versions are the word of God, then where are the "corrupt" and "perverted" versions that we are warned about in II Corinthians 2:17 and Jeremiah 23:36? If everyone is innocent, then where are those who are said to be GUILTY of subtracting from and adding to the word of God (Rev. 22:18-19)? God wouldn't have warned us about Bible perversion if it wasn't going to be a reality. According to the scriptures, there must be a single Book that is the word of God, and there must be MANY which are involved in CORRUPTING the word of God.
CHECK OUT HOW I KNOW THE KJV IS THE UNFALIBLE AND PRESERVED WORD OF GOD.
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/knowkjv.html
as the stomach turns

France

#37 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how you believe it could mean the "whole Bible" when the Bible did not exist when it was written?
you dont know any of that for sure.
you only know what your heros the democrat liberals have put on some web link, because they hate god.

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#38 Apr 6, 2014
Big Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Because God Promised to Preserve His Words!
Psalm 12:6-7 says, "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Then we read in Psalm 100:5 that ".... his truth endureth to all generations," and Jesus said in John 17:17 that God's WORD is truth.
These words state very clearly that God's preserved word MUST be available to us today, because God PROMISED to preserve it for us. There MUST be an infallible Book somewhere.
You would argue back and say: "But ALL translations are God's word, not just one." That's impossible, because the various translations contain different readings, and God is not the author of confusion (I Cor. 14:33). Besides, if all of the versions are the word of God, then where are the "corrupt" and "perverted" versions that we are warned about in II Corinthians 2:17 and Jeremiah 23:36? If everyone is innocent, then where are those who are said to be GUILTY of subtracting from and adding to the word of God (Rev. 22:18-19)? God wouldn't have warned us about Bible perversion if it wasn't going to be a reality. According to the scriptures, there must be a single Book that is the word of God, and there must be MANY which are involved in CORRUPTING the word of God.
CHECK OUT HOW I KNOW THE KJV IS THE UNFALIBLE AND PRESERVED WORD OF GOD.
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/knowkjv.html
God did preserve His words but like Paul said, there would be a falling away and that there would be a famine in the land not for food or drink but for the word of God.

In the Book of Revelation, John said in the last days he saw and angel coming from Heaven with the everlasting gospel to be preached to every nation, kindred, and tongue.

Why send an angel in the last days with the pure gospel if it was already here in it's pure truth/form?

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#39 Apr 6, 2014
as the stomach turns wrote:
<quoted text>you dont know any of that for sure.
you only know what your heros the democrat liberals have put on some web link, because they hate god.
Don't know where you got this but I am not a Democrat, I would kill myself first.

As for the Bible not existing when John wrote the Book of Revelation, it's a known and provable fact but you can dismiss it if you like, it's your choice.
Brook

London, KY

#40 Apr 6, 2014
Tater wrote:
<quoted text>Praying does no good, if you want to get along you have to show it with your actions and kind words.
I believe Sarge stated pray AND get along. Didn't say pray so we can get along. Besides, I think prayer does work and your statement is a mater of opinion just like mine is. Have a blessed day!;)
Spirit Of Truth

Mesquite, NV

#42 Apr 7, 2014
whut wrote:
<quoted text>it did not say his book or johns book.
it said THIS book, meaning the whole BIBLE.
I believe we as Americans have the word of God that we are meant to have.
Like someone said, the truths of the Kingdom have been preserved for us.
I also believe God meant for us to have this great country called America founded on HIS principles and loaned it to us for a little as a testimony of truth.

But now, it is almost time for the Bible to be fulfilled and for the earth to be destroyed.
It has almost fulfilled it's purpose for being here. Houses of flesh that we have, have almost fulfilled their purpose also.
Mankind has allowed Satan to fulfill his existence as per freedom of choice, between 2 masters.
Choose this day whom you will serve. As for my house we will serve the Lord.
truth

London, KY

#43 Apr 7, 2014
whut wrote:
<quoted text>it did not say his book or johns book.
it said THIS book, meaning the whole BIBLE.
Which one are you referencing, the 80,73 or 66 or some other, there are so many, with some 600 or so books not included and some 20 books mentioned in the KJV but not found there.
defyance

London, KY

#44 Apr 9, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
God did preserve His words but like Paul said, there would be a falling away and that there would be a famine in the land not for food or drink but for the word of God.
In the Book of Revelation, John said in the last days he saw and angel coming from Heaven with the everlasting gospel to be preached to every nation, kindred, and tongue.
Why send an angel in the last days with the pure gospel if it was already here in it's pure truth/form?

For a second witness;
Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Since: Apr 14

Cincinnati, OH

#45 Apr 16, 2014
healing arts wrote:
ive been looking for a church .that would let me teach meditation sounds weird i know but i found out about bible meditation at a buddhist school of all places .funny how those of buddhist believe knew more about the bible then those in the bible belt
Is that school you mentioned in london? Or where is it? I would like to check it out.:)
Healing arts

London, KY

#46 Apr 17, 2014
russian-italian-babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that school you mentioned in london? Or where is it? I would like to check it out.:)
Ratna ling ,Nothern Califorina, Went Grey Hound from london ky, all the way to Santa Rosa Ca . to a days inn greyhound station and then got pick up by a guy from their organization . then another 6 hour drive up coastal mountains into a beautiful Redwood forest . to be a residential volunteer, so you will live their for free and get free meals plus a hundred and fifty dollar monthly stipend .you will work to preserve tibetan culture very easy also another gift you will get for volunteering their you will learn Kum Nye which is tibetan yoga massage and meditation ,so look up Ratna ling residential volunteer or odiyan residential volunteer which is further up the mountain beautiful temples and gardens both the same organization .so all you need is the money to go greyhound and money to spend the night at the days inn before getting pick up , i think i spent four hundred dollars on my trip .but dont lose your christian faith you can study buddhism with out becoming buddhist .its something you should really do, be yourself and honest on the phone interview and rember its just a question of courage if you go or not .hope you go god bless

Since: Apr 14

Cincinnati, OH

#47 Apr 17, 2014
Healing arts wrote:
<quoted text> Ratna ling ,Nothern Califorina, Went Grey Hound from london ky, all the way to Santa Rosa Ca . to a days inn greyhound station and then got pick up by a guy from their organization . then another 6 hour drive up coastal mountains into a beautiful Redwood forest . to be a residential volunteer, so you will live their for free and get free meals plus a hundred and fifty dollar monthly stipend .you will work to preserve tibetan culture very easy also another gift you will get for volunteering their you will learn Kum Nye which is tibetan yoga massage and meditation ,so look up Ratna ling residential volunteer or odiyan residential volunteer which is further up the mountain beautiful temples and gardens both the same organization .so all you need is the money to go greyhound and money to spend the night at the days inn before getting pick up , i think i spent four hundred dollars on my trip .but dont lose your christian faith you can study buddhism with out becoming buddhist .its something you should really do, be yourself and honest on the phone interview and rember its just a question of courage if you go or not .hope you go god bless
Thank you!:) I'm practacing buddhism. Lol looks like me and my fieonce are gonna be saving up some money :)
Healing arts

London, KY

#48 Apr 17, 2014
russian-italian-babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!:) I'm practacing buddhism. Lol looks like me and my fieonce are gonna be saving up some money :)
check out green tara mantra on you tube ,one of the most relaxing mantras you will ever here ,plus i will give you hint on how to meditate close your eyes breath deep and breath out slow ,put your tongue on the roof of your mouth push it next to your two front upper teeth and hold it their and breath deep and out slow you will notice inner chatter or thoughts or day dreaming but ignore them .just count your thoughts but dont label them good or bad ,then stop .i will tell you more if your interested ,in the next steps of meditation ,plus any questions just ask .one more tip on a clean mind and body start eating fruits and veggies drink water or pure fruit juice its amazing the affects it has on the body .

Since: Apr 14

Cincinnati, OH

#49 Apr 18, 2014
Healing arts wrote:
<quoted text> check out green tara mantra on you tube ,one of the most relaxing mantras you will ever here ,plus i will give you hint on how to meditate close your eyes breath deep and breath out slow ,put your tongue on the roof of your mouth push it next to your two front upper teeth and hold it their and breath deep and out slow you will notice inner chatter or thoughts or day dreaming but ignore them .just count your thoughts but dont label them good or bad ,then stop .i will tell you more if your interested ,in the next steps of meditation ,plus any questions just ask .one more tip on a clean mind and body start eating fruits and veggies drink water or pure fruit juice its amazing the affects it has on the body .


I know :) I've been doing this practice since january! I've felt better about my self as well as looking at the world through a differnt light. And with the fruit and vegetables have allowed me to get to my ideal weight! Its amazing. And thank you I will take you up on your offer when I need it.:)
run

Dallas, TX

#50 Apr 20, 2014
Brook wrote:
<quoted text> I believe Sarge stated pray AND get along. Didn't say pray so we can get along. Besides, I think prayer does work and your statement is a mater of opinion just like mine is. Have a blessed day!;)
i have heard some baptist sit and make fun of other denominations for the way they worship.
they act like their way is the only way to heaven.
the denomination of your choice is between you and god, and it is none
of anybody else's business.
Brook

Oak Ridge, TN

#51 Apr 20, 2014
run wrote:
<quoted text>i have heard some baptist sit and make fun of other denominations for the way they worship.
they act like their way is the only way to heaven.
the denomination of your choice is between you and god, and it is none
of anybody else's business.
I was raised in a Baptist church and I have heard the same thing. Not many times, maybe a couple, nonetheless, I have heard just like you said Baptists make fun of other denominations. And I have also heard it the other way around. I don't really care what denomination a person is. Not one single bit! I think we should LOVE one another as God commands and try our best to be more Godlike everyday more and more. I think we should pray for one another also just like I said. Do I think the Baptist denomination is the only group of people making it to Heaven? Absolutely not! So, I'm sorry that a few ignorant one's have made you think so poorly of us all as a whole. I can just speak for myself though, and say how I feel.:)
Big Truth

Las Vegas, NV

#52 Apr 21, 2014
Christians have been known to hurt other Christians.

Psalms 70:2 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.

Psalms 71:13 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt.

Psalms 71:24 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt.
Big Truth

Las Vegas, NV

#53 Apr 21, 2014
I am presently writing a book about how Christians hurt other Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min Betty 163,887
Attorneys have been contacted 1 hr In Pain 4
Pickards 1 hr wellwatcher 6
how to complain against csx (Oct '10) 5 hr Csx ugh 77
Old Movie Theater in Woodbine (Jun '14) 7 hr Kim 4
Trump create 11,000 mining jobs. 7 hr So funny 22
Root Beer Stand 8 hr tip me please 50

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages