more guns means less gun crime says obama DOJ

Posted in the Keavy Forum

lib alwats lie

United States

#1 May 10, 2013
MILLER: Bloomberg, Obama and liberal media muzzled about gun crime decline
The Washington Times ^| 9 May, 2013 | Emily Miller

New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg has not made a peep about gun control since news came out that firearms-related deaths were way down. President Obama has ignored it and continued to pursue more gun-control laws. Their reaction shows how this news screws up their agenda to keep the decline in gun-related homicides a secret from Americans so that they can pass restrictions on the Second Amendment.

The Justice Department released a study Tuesday that showed firearm-related homicides in the U.S. annually declined 39 percent from 18,253 in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011. Nonfatal firearm crimes declined 69 percent from 1.5 million to 467,300 in that time frame.

Mr. Bloomberg, who is usually very vocal on any gun-related news, fell mute. Neither he, nor his usually very active organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns, has said anything gun related this week. A spokesman for Mr. Bloomberg’s group did not respond to a request for comment. If the news had been that a bunch of people were shot, you can be assured that Mr. Bloomberg would have been in front of the microphones.

(snip)

The reason they are hiding now is because they don’t want the public know that crime has gone down at the same time that gun ownership and carry permits have increased. The have — until now — been effective in hiding these facts.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
gun taker are dumb

United States

#2 May 10, 2013
Poll: 64% of Gun Control Advocates Wrongly Think Gun Crime Up

by Ben Shapiro 10 May 2013, 12:22 PM PDT 6

According to a Rasmussen poll released on Friday, while gun killings have plunged 39 percent since 1993, and non-fatal gun crimes have dropped 69 percent in the same period, those who want gun control think that gun crime is up. Rasmussen reports that only 7 percent of adults believe there are fewer gun owners in the country than there were 20 years ago – and more importantly, 64 percent of those who want more gun control think that gun crime has escalated.

The poll was conducted May 8-9, 2013, and has a sampling error of plus or minus three percent.

Ben Shapiro is Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News and author of the New York Times bestseller “Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America”(Threshold Editions, January 8, 2013).

alice

Gatlinburg, TN

#3 May 11, 2013
I see the FOS libtard have nothing to say when the truth come out.
riptide

Phoenix, AZ

#4 May 12, 2013
may 2013: obama is beginning to show his true colors
http://www.bing.com/search...
alice

Sevierville, TN

#5 May 12, 2013
I see no libtard have anything to say but i sure they will get on here and change the subject.
lib always lie

United States

#6 May 13, 2013
Alice your correct. They don't want to claim the Obama DOJ is lying. So they don't say anything hoping I will go away.
lib always lie

United States

#7 May 14, 2013
it will be great new when Obama show up to his new home in Manchester ky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack's wheel alignment of corbin 6 min greasemonkey 4
Nail salons 1 hr abc 2
need information on any homeless shelters in co... (Jan '10) 3 hr sonlife77 20
clinton sell out to russia 5 hr iThink 7
Crooked Creek Golf Course (Oct '12) 6 hr Robert 63
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr spaceship 136,185
Rand Paul and his son are both DRUNK,S 6 hr Watching Lazy Crats 12
More from around the web

Keavy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]