great value milk at flavorich

great value milk at flavorich

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Frito man

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2013
well guys, hows the new contract treating you? i run a frito route out of knoxville, heard some good heard some bad. what yall think on your end? mayfield seems to think that they will get it all back within 6 months... i dont know how i feel about it, dosent really apply to me either way but i know some of your drivers havent got off on the best foot with the backdoor people. i read on another forum that someone posted a layoff was coming there, im confused bc of the influx of new hires with the new contract.
Franchise Name

Mount Vernon, KY

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Frito man wrote:
well guys, hows the new contract treating you? i run a frito route out of knoxville, heard some good heard some bad. what yall think on your end? mayfield seems to think that they will get it all back within 6 months... i dont know how i feel about it, dosent really apply to me either way but i know some of your drivers havent got off on the best foot with the backdoor people. i read on another forum that someone posted a layoff was coming there, im confused bc of the influx of new hires with the new contract.
I wonder what Frito Lay thinks about you using their name in your rants about other companies. You have made it clear several times where you are from. I'm sure they know what route personnel they have in your area.

In other words, if you have not looked on your truck lately, those items are snack items not dairy items. BUTT out of Mayfield and Flavorich's business.
wtf

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 24, 2013
"great value milk at flavorich"
it all comes from the same tank when it goes into the jug.
one milk is no better than another.

same way with the goods at flowers bakery.
recipe is the same. all they change is the wrapper.
same way with cookies at cookie factory.
generic brand is the same. all they change is the wrapper.

same with factories everywhere at everything we eat or drink. when you see an idiot who thinks name brand is better than generic, tell them what a fool they are, than tell them to go work for the factories and canneries for awhile and then they will learn its all the same.
Frito man

United States

#4 Mar 24, 2013
Guy, they don't care bc im not making rants... I just saying what other vendors have said. I like this forum bc it gives me and your fellow drivers common ground to discuss things.... My bad for asking questions, I'm just going after some info that someone else is scared to ask.... Namely a Flavo driver that's concerned about his new route. Your right its none of my concern but me and this driver have become pretty good friend. I'm only reiterating what he says...
yep its the truth

Brodhead, KY

#5 Mar 24, 2013
wtf wrote:
same with factories everywhere at everything we eat or drink. when you see an idiot who thinks name brand is better than generic, tell them what a fool they are, than tell them to go work for the factories and canneries for awhile and then they will learn its all the same.
exactly do you want to give 1.00 for them cookies or cakes or maybe 3.79? they ARE all the same but people dont believe it, same goes for canned veggies 49 cents for a can of corn from save-u-little lol or 99 cents a can from kroger take ur pick
Nuts2U

Manchester, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2013
I wouldn't be so happy if I was representing Frito Lays as their cheap ass budget cuts have really affected the quality of their products. The chips are so hard anymore, you might break a tooth eating them. A lot of the store brands are better at one third the price.
Frito man

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2013
Nuts2U wrote:
I wouldn't be so happy if I was representing Frito Lays as their cheap ass budget cuts have really affected the quality of their products. The chips are so hard anymore, you might break a tooth eating them. A lot of the store brands are better at one third the price.
Lol dude what does that have to do with anything, I never said I was against non name brand, great value is only the title. This has turned into a hate thread somehow... All I asked was how are you all liking the contract and if he layoff rumor was true....
Milk Man

Mount Vernon, KY

#8 Jun 19, 2013
Things are going great at the milk factory. The receivers at the K-town stores are great.At least I haven't had any complaints or heard of any.I know we are moooooving a lot of milk. lol.
J

Englewood, CO

#10 Jun 20, 2013
wtf wrote:

Not all are the same. I worked at Flowers for a few years and they do add ingredients to certain brands. I know this for a FACT.
big difference

London, KY

#11 Jun 21, 2013
yep its the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly do you want to give 1.00 for them cookies or cakes or maybe 3.79? they ARE all the same but people dont believe it, same goes for canned veggies 49 cents for a can of corn from save-u-little lol or 99 cents a can from kroger take ur pick
generic food might taste the same to you but i shopped at sav a lot once and everything i got was a waste of my money the corn was hard as a rock when heated , there were no no brands .Crazy names for food like dog names . and kroger soups taste nothing like campbells ,there is a big difference in the brands .I would much rather pay a little more and get good food than waste my money by throwing away everything because no one will eat it .you get what u pay for .
Not Quite

London, KY

#12 Jun 21, 2013
big difference wrote:
<quoted text>generic food might taste the same to you but i shopped at sav a lot once and everything i got was a waste of my money the corn was hard as a rock when heated , there were no no brands .Crazy names for food like dog names . and kroger soups taste nothing like campbells ,there is a big difference in the brands .I would much rather pay a little more and get good food than waste my money by throwing away everything because no one will eat it .you get what u pay for .
Actually they are all the same in one very important way--they are all GMO's [genetically modified organisms] and full of poisonous pesticides, fungicides, and herbacides that will, over time, pile up in your organs and KILL you....
Not Quite

London, KY

#13 Jun 21, 2013
AND BTW, the USDA has approved that milk companies can add corn syrup to the milk and not have to label the milk that it contains this poison. As if the USA needs more modified goods for consumption as fat and diabetic as so many are...What ever happen to "FOOD" ?
dollar store

Sikeston, MO

#14 Jun 22, 2013
why does the brand that the dollar store carries(not mayfield) taste so funky if its all the same? It taste nothing like the mayfield.Its a lot cheaper but its really gross
MILK DRINKER

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jun 23, 2013
Can someone who knows about the local brands of milk answer these questions.

I know that there are only two processors who supply all of the local stores regardless of which brand name is on the carton. The problem is that consumers never know which processor is filling which cartons.

I drink SKIM MILK.

One processors SKIM MILK has so much of the fats and solids removed that it looks and tastes like water.

The other processors SKIM MILK has so much of the lactase left in it that it gives me GAS.

WHY can neither processor get and retain the correct formulation?

NOW, for the BETTER QUESTION. Because the fats and solids removed from SKIM MILK are used to make other milk products for which the processors are able to charge MORE MONEY, a gallon of SKIM MILK costs at least 50c per gallon less than whole milk.

WHY THEN, do they charge the SAME for a gallon of SKIM as they do for 1%, 2%, and 3%?

STOP RIPPING OFF SKIM MILK DRINKERS or I'm going to write several of the states' ATTORNEYS GENERAL and ask for an consumer product investigation.
ethal

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#16 Jun 23, 2013
watered down Mily YUM YUM
Sam I am

Tempe, AZ

#18 Jun 28, 2013
dollar store wrote:
why does the brand that the dollar store carries(not mayfield) taste so funky if its all the same? It taste nothing like the mayfield.Its a lot cheaper but its really gross
Thats because you have been told that all your life. Its all in the mind, the brain. Hynotical.
If you are told something for 50 years, you tend to believe it, and because you really believe that way, nobody can convince you any different.
I worked at a salt mine place, and they have generic salts also.
Its all the same.
Now, you have some idiots here in London Ky, sinners and christians alike, that thinks generic salt tastes worse. When you SEE the best brand on label your brain lights up like a lightbulb!
Well name brand is NOT better. It is all the same. I repeat: Whatever you are convinced of in your mind, you will not except any different. Government experiment completed.
Hmmmmm

Melvin, KY

#20 Jul 1, 2013
wal mart milk 288 wrote:
wal mart milk was 288 this morning.
what a shock. i grabbed 2 of them, cause my kids eats a lot of cereal.
Walmart is comping milk at Meijer for 1.99 a gallon.
heck

New York, NY

#21 Jul 1, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart is comping milk at Meijer for 1.99 a gallon.
i could not find that online.
and they wont comp it for me without proof.
dill pickle

Secaucus, NJ

#22 Jul 6, 2013
wtf wrote:
aint that the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 1,596
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 166,377
Will pay top dollar for your comic books and so... 9 hr Sassy 2
Locals with TV antenna (Jan '12) 11 hr Shep 10
Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell? (Nov '08) 13 hr coalminer 432
How to make someone racist 13 hr Lamb 7
Bannon is Out!!!! 17 hr wowed 4

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages