Somerset, KY

#66 Sep 20, 2013
LOL wrote:
morality
mo·ral·i·ty
məˈral&# 601;tē,mô-/
noun
noun: morality
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
Consumption of alcohol is not wrong, nor is it bad behavior.
any mind,body alerting substance whether it be a pill or a drink is bad behavior.
restcase

Somerset, KY

#67 Sep 20, 2013
LOL wrote:
morality
mo·ral·i·ty
məˈral&# 601;tē,mô-/
noun
noun: morality
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
Consumption of alcohol is not wrong, nor is it bad behavior.
you have just argued your case and the jury has found you guilty so....rest your case.
no alcohol

Winchester, KY

#68 Sep 20, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it is the opinion of the vast majority of the nation.
Only backwards teetotalers believe alcohol is inherently evil or immoral. Even God, through the Holy word of the Bible, speaks the praises of alcohol consumption.
Are you saying the Bible is false?
“Wine is a mocker, strong drink
is a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.” Proverbs 20:1

God told the children of Israel not to look upon intoxicating beverages or to “hang out” with people who are getting drunk (Proverbs 23:20-21,29-35).

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5: 5-8
no alcohol

Winchester, KY

#69 Sep 20, 2013
Alcohol is involved in 70% of all murders, 41% of assaults, 50% of rapes, 60% of sex crimes against children, 50% of fights and assaults in homes, 37% of suicides, and 55% of arrests.

Alcohol is involved in 66% of fatal accidents, 53% of fire deaths, 36% of pedestrian accidents, 22% of home accidents, 45% of drownings, 50% of skiing accidents, 50% of all automobile accidents, and is the number one killer of people 25 years old and younger.
jump

Manchester, KY

#72 Sep 20, 2013
corbin is so close dont worry about it
strawberrywine

Somerset, KY

#74 Sep 20, 2013
London will be going wet soon... marker down!!
But Why

London, KY

#75 Sep 21, 2013
Why is it that it is a London city vote & not countywide? That is not fair to a county, but not city resident. I would vote wet if I could at the county level.
Bush Whacker

Richmond, KY

#76 Sep 21, 2013
When a local option election is going on the church people and the bootleggers work together. What a hoot. The liquor people in Richmond will send lots of money to London for the dry party. It is time for Londoners to wake up and vote for economic development.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#77 Sep 21, 2013
no alcohol wrote:
Alcohol is involved in 70% of all murders, 41% of assaults, 50% of rapes, 60% of sex crimes against children, 50% of fights and assaults in homes, 37% of suicides, and 55% of arrests.
Alcohol is involved in 66% of fatal accidents, 53% of fire deaths, 36% of pedestrian accidents, 22% of home accidents, 45% of drownings, 50% of skiing accidents, 50% of all automobile accidents, and is the number one killer of people 25 years old and younger.
Christians are practicing shameful lifestyles that are little different than those of unbelievers. Sins of adultery, fornication, drunkenness, drug abuse, tattoos, piercings, gossip, overeating, smoking, child neglect, busybodies, dressing indecently, not paying what you owe(debts), DEFRAUDING OTHERS, man who will not work, SLANDERING YOUR NEIGHBOR IN SECRET,(just to name a few) are rampant among those to claim to be followers of Jesus.
lonton pasture

Somerset, KY

#78 Sep 21, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but we will be arguing this case until March, 2015 and beyond if the next vote fails.
Why do teetotalers always try to silence pro-business voices?
This discussion is not about business matters. It is about mortality. If you ever lose a loved one due to alchol you WILL change your mind. Nuf said.
no alcohol

Winchester, KY

#79 Sep 21, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Cite your erroneous statistics.
Prove the statistics are wrong....if you can.
LOL

Brownsville, TN

#80 Sep 21, 2013
no alcohol wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove the statistics are wrong....if you can.
herpderpderp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_a_negat...
edd

London, KY

#81 Sep 21, 2013
are they going to build a new liquor stoer in town? that would be nice
justsaying

London, KY

#83 Sep 21, 2013
Duh, many resturants in London serve alcohol. When did that make London "dry"?
actually thinking

London, KY

#85 Sep 23, 2013
But Why wrote:
Why is it that it is a London city vote & not countywide? That is not fair to a county, but not city resident. I would vote wet if I could at the county level.
its something with the districting laws or some such like that. not really sure why they didnt try to take laurel count wet with the exception of london when the city voters proved easily swayed/hypocritcal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dollar general 43 min Curious 1
Mitch MCConnell is after your Social Security! 57 min barbara 6
Haunted houses in the area 1 hr maraha 1
Atheists, how will U deal with Islam's Martial ... 1 hr Hi There 7
dry ice (Oct '12) 1 hr Chilly Willy 8
Woman name tanya at the Legion 1 hr Well 1
Unlikely donors give to campaigns (Jan '08) 2 hr Hates politic 8
Keavy Dating
Find my Match

Keavy Jobs