London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

will it ever be possible for this town to realize how much money they loose to corbin in alcohol sales, and begin selling it here?
grow up

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
will it ever be possible for this town to realize how much money they loose to corbin in alcohol sales, and begin selling it here?
That's like saying the state of KY is losing money because marijuana and other drugs are illegal.
Going wet and getting another restaurant seems to be the only thing a lot of you people in London think or care about. There should be more to life than food and alcohol. You are not losing any money to Corbin if you don't shop and deposit your money there.
We need to work to keep London a clean and safe environment for our families.
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying London is safer than Somerset or Corbin?
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Also, we see you spamming Judge-It icons.

Judge, erase cookies, repeat. Anyone can do it.
grow up

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
Also, we see you spamming Judge-It icons.
Judge, erase cookies, repeat. Anyone can do it.
I didn't "judge" your post so there are most likely four other people that also disagree with your desire to have alcohol flowing from every corner in London. Obviously you are in the minority.
I delete my history often but I haven't deleted cookies in months because I control the ones allowed on my computer and have little need to erase them.
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't "judge" your post so there are most likely four other people that also disagree with your desire to have alcohol flowing from every corner in London. Obviously you are in the minority.
I delete my history often but I haven't deleted cookies in months because I control the ones allowed on my computer and have little need to erase them.
Right, and 11 people obviously disagree with you.

I'm not OP, btw. So you're currently down 2-1 in this thread. And you didn't answer the question. Do you think London is safer than Somerset and Corbin?
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Oh look, 10 more people showed up to disagree with you. Wow, alcohol will pass in London next year by flying colors!

Especially considering the one year anniversary's of Somerset and Corbin's alcohol sales have brought nothing but increased revenue for local businesses and the cities.

Gas stations in the city of Somerset are stealing so much business from those out in the county that they're trying to get alcohol sales passed countywide. Why is that, if it is so dangerous?

Answer: it isn't.
Still House

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I don't know. However, when Liquor distributors build Package Stores, they build them to serve a region. Because Corbin is wet now London is wet by default.
By allowing Corbin to go wet first they will always have a toe hold on the business because the Liquor stores are built to serve a region.
If London ever goes wet I suspect you will see Beer Sales but no regional Package store because Corbin will already have them established.
pissed off

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

well if london goes wet the good ole boys will have the right to have their storys to sell to us. the little people will not be allowed to sell beer so here we go again the good ole boys win again. if you are not in the london click you cant do nothing. so i guess i will keep going to richmond for my drinks.
grow up

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
Oh look, 10 more people showed up to disagree with you. Wow, alcohol will pass in London next year by flying colors!
Especially considering the one year anniversary's of Somerset and Corbin's alcohol sales have brought nothing but increased revenue for local businesses and the cities.
Gas stations in the city of Somerset are stealing so much business from those out in the county that they're trying to get alcohol sales passed countywide. Why is that, if it is so dangerous?
Answer: it isn't.
Oh look, the only posters on this thread are you and me. Maybe you should change your user name to quirky.
just me

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Its already wet we just have to go to Corbin or Manchester to get,then we fill our cars up with gas which is always cheaper, so while we are there we eat, nice day out.
pissed off

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

that is so right take our money to another county where we do not know how the town is run by a few.
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, the only posters on this thread are you and me. Maybe you should change your user name to quirky.
Again, I'm not OP. Quewty doesn't know how to capitalize or how to spell "lose".

I'm from Somerset, Bronston to be exact. Whoever started this thread obviously lives in London from their account. I don't care if London ever goes full wet, that way we over here in Somerset can continue to laugh at you.

You never did answer. Is London safer than Somerset?
Christians

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

When the Christians move out of London...then it will go wet. Also saying London is safer? If anything its more dangerous. You have people driving cross county to get alchohol...and people driving home from bars...if anything London is more dangerous.

I personally live in Corbin...its nice that if I get a craving for a beer...I can just drive down the road a little and get whatever I desire.
concerned

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Christians wrote:
When the Christians move out of London...
Somerset has far more churches/Christians than London.

The soonest they can have another wet/dry election is 3 years after the last one. Certain folks in London are already gearing up for another petition drive. It will pass this time by numbers similar to Somerset, 2-1.

London doesn't want to be the only town left out while their neighbors Corbin, Manchester, Somerset, and now even little ol' Owsley county have legalized package alcohol sales.

London is the laughing stock of the region for allowing bars to sell alcohol to drunks up till closing prior to them driving home, but forcing responsible citizens to drive to neighboring counties to purchase for home consumption.
london christian

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying the state of KY is losing money because marijuana and other drugs are illegal.
Going wet and getting another restaurant seems to be the only thing a lot of you people in London think or care about. There should be more to life than food and alcohol. You are not losing any money to Corbin if you don't shop and deposit your money there.
I cannot agree more.
london christian

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
NO!! Because there are too many God fearing people in London to sink that low. There is more to living the clean life than having a bar or liquor store next door.
grow up

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm not OP. Quewty doesn't know how to capitalize or how to spell "lose".
I'm from Somerset, Bronston to be exact. Whoever started this thread obviously lives in London from their account. I don't care if London ever goes full wet, that way we over here in Somerset can continue to laugh at you.
You never did answer. Is London safer than Somerset?
You started the thread. Let me get this straight.....you live in Somerset but are preoccupied with the desire to see London go wet....quirky...very quirky.
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
You started the thread. Let me get this straight.....you live in Somerset but are preoccupied with the desire to see London go wet....quirky...very quirky.
Yeah, I started the thread.

herpderpderp

So is London safer than Somerset?
LOL

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
you live in Somerset but are preoccupied with the desire to see London go wet
Except, I'm not. In fact, I said "I don't care if London ever goes full wet".

The only reason I replied in this thread was because you said "We need to work to keep London a clean and safe environment for our families", implying that other towns that passed package sales are not "clean and safe". Why won't you back up you statement?

Oh, that's right, you can't. Senseless hyperbole.

Hyperbole. But I'm the OP who doesn't know the difference between "loose" and "lose".

=D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 150,148
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Curious 130,298
You mad, teetotaler? 23 min wondering 9
Donald aka duck wilson (Mar '13) 38 min latly 10
Preachers/Deacons Cant Have 2 Living Wifes 49 min coalminer 13
need to buy a place in keavy. 54 min intrested 1
do u know daniels girlfriend ginger (Feb '12) 59 min USA 7

Search the Keavy Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••