NEW Walmart in Corbin

Posted in the Keavy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TAX PAYER

Stearns, KY

#1 May 10, 2013
Just the truth please. Is it for sure that Walmart is moving to the whitley co. side of town? Is it true that Sam's Club is going in the old Walmart?
Hillbilly chick

Dexter, MO

#2 May 10, 2013
TAX PAYER wrote:
Just the truth please. Is it for sure that Walmart is moving to the whitley co. side of town? Is it true that Sam's Club is going in the old Walmart?
I hope so!!!
Moving on UP

Mayfield, KY

#3 May 11, 2013
Sam's Club is usually placed in larger towns. I have no idea if it's true or not, just an observation. And I agree, it would be nice :). Sam's Club used to be a place to go to get quantity deals. Their tires saved hundreds of dollars. But not so much now. Still fun to shop :)
okay

Somerset, KY

#4 May 11, 2013
TAX PAYER wrote:
no and no
weeee

Dyer, TN

#5 May 13, 2013
walmart going on the bypass pass the collage on the whitley co side
john

Somerset, KY

#6 May 13, 2013
wal mart is not lol you all are funny
rudeness

London, KY

#7 May 13, 2013
weeee wrote:
walmart going on the bypass pass the collage on the whitley co side
past the college
Mmmm

Winchester, KY

#8 May 18, 2013
Yes. In 6 month they're moving. I know a employee that told me.
Passer-by

Corbin, KY

#9 May 18, 2013
They are. They can make more money in beer sales if they move in a wet county. Laurel county won't allow it. Yes they are moving... Not sure about Sam's but it would be great for so many counties to not have to drive to Lexington.
ha ha

United States

#10 May 19, 2013
Mmmm wrote:
Yes. In 6 month they're moving. I know a employee that told me.
Are you a pillhead or drunk? If you think walmart or any big company can build such a big building can be done in 6 month your FOS. It will take atleast 2 years but since your a liar it doesn't matter. The manger in London told me their no plan to move walmart.
jack

Somerset, KY

#11 May 19, 2013
ha ha you are right lol people get all excited because they think going wet is gonna bring in new places but it's not the city is just loading their own pockets with the money so in other words they are just giveing their people in office more money in their pockets
Wondering

Little Valley, NY

#12 May 20, 2013
I'm just curious. How long did it take them to build the Walmart building there now? I remember them moving it from that one building that's now a factory but I was little.
Info

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 22, 2013
It's not the count that allows the beer sales, it's the city. The liquor store in the shopping center is in Knox county while the others are Whitley. Where wal-mart currently sits isn't city limits but if it moves near the college it will be.
Boozer

Middlesboro, KY

#14 May 22, 2013
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a pillhead or drunk? If you think walmart or any big company can build such a big building can be done in 6 month your FOS. It will take atleast 2 years but since your a liar it doesn't matter. The manger in London told me their no plan to move walmart.
I don't if they will move or not but you have never been around when they built a Walmart.
dc worker

Corbin, KY

#15 May 23, 2013
no they are not moveing,but the two stores that sit in laurel will spend alot of money too get it wet when it comes up for a wet vote again(signs vote yes etc....)
omg

Somerset, KY

#16 May 24, 2013
There remodeling the current Walmart as we speak? Why would they move it now?
Uhh

Chicago, IL

#17 May 27, 2013
It don't seem very feasible to me. The construction and relocation costs would be staggering. 8 digits at least, maybe 9. I know money isn't really an object with the Walmart corp. but simply for the privilege of selling beer? I think it would take about 150 years to re-coup the expenditure in beer sales alone. I'd imagine they'll continue nipping at the legislature. working on changing the law.
actually thinking

London, KY

#18 May 28, 2013
aye it would be more feasible and cost effective to change the law then relocate.
Saddened

Corbin, KY

#19 May 29, 2013
They. R moving and the remodel is to convert the old store in to a same club I have seen the blueprints for the remodel and they call for SAMs club signs in three places. Just saying. But we should get the contractors and owners on topix so they can read all of the stupid opinions on here before they go any farther
truth

United States

#20 May 29, 2013
Saddened wrote:
They. R moving and the remodel is to convert the old store in to a same club I have seen the blueprints for the remodel and they call for SAMs club signs in three places. Just saying. But we should get the contractors and owners on topix so they can read all of the stupid opinions on here before they go any farther
So they are currently remodeling the store so in 2 years they will move it to the new walmart. Who in their right mind put a store near the college. It on a road to nowhere. I guess a drunk will say anything to get chit started. I would say the manager of the London walmart knows more about what going on the a drunk like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr now 163,425
does TCO pay good 2 hr teddy 4
Karen Inman 2 hr Casey 7
Rootbeer stand employee 5 hr Blah blah blah 1
Shane williamson 6 hr Troll 2
Baptist Hospital and cheating 6 hr Probably 30
Ice hit El Dorados 6 hr Forsure 12

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance