Has anybody's Google Spell Check stop...

Has anybody's Google Spell Check stopped working?

Posted in the Keavy Forum

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1 Apr 4, 2013
My Google spell check stopped working. I get a pop-up saying "cannot connect to google spelling servers". It's been happening for 2 days. Anybody elses not working?
Uhhh

Williamsburg, KY

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Can't say, I don't need any help with spelling.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Uhhh wrote:
Can't say, I don't need any help with spelling.
I don't have problems with longer words. But I have the tendency of sometimes typing too fast and not pecking keys hard enough, so I sometimes use it as a fast way to catch my goofs.

Does your spell check work? I hate having things on my computer which doesn't work.
Cindy

Lincoln, ME

#5 Apr 4, 2013
The same thing happened to me. My Goodle spell check stopped working a couple days ago. I'm getting the same pop up that the server can't connect.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Cindy wrote:
The same thing happened to me. My Goodle spell check stopped working a couple days ago. I'm getting the same pop up that the server can't connect.
Ty for the info. It means the problem is with the Google system and not a glitch in my toolbar.
Referee06

Korea

#7 Apr 4, 2013
I get error messages indicating that the spell correction server(s) is/are down.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Referee06 wrote:
I get error messages indicating that the spell correction server(s) is/are down.
I'm getting a different pop-up. I just checked and it's still giving me the 'cannot connect to Google spelling servers'. But your info does show Google is having problems and not my computer.

Ty.
Thinker

Marion, KY

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Google toolbar is also widely infected with a "redirect" virus...and its a pretty bad one.

It looks like google search but it aint....it overrides your antivirus program (shows you are running a scan but you AINT! It stops windows defender from updating PC virus protection /new updates also.

Its a real nasty one. I spent 70 dollars to get it removed from my PC.

So be careful if you delete/reinstall google toolbar as there are many fake ones out there that will trick you and infect you.
Slick Willie

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 5, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
My Google spell check stopped working. I get a pop-up saying "cannot connect to google spelling servers". It's been happening for 2 days. Anybody elses not working?
You seem to be doing all right without it.
Bob

Leigh, UK

#12 May 1, 2013
According to Microsoft Community website,
Doh! If you're referring to the Spell Check button on the Google Toolbar, it's not support [it doesn't work] anymore.



In fact, Google discontinued it in the current toolbar version. See http://support.google.com/toolbar/...



But it works great in Microsoft Word .
Very strange .

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#13 May 1, 2013
Bob wrote:
According to Microsoft Community website,
Doh! If you're referring to the Spell Check button on the Google Toolbar, it's not support [it doesn't work] anymore.
In fact, Google discontinued it in the current toolbar version. See http://support.google.com/toolbar/...
But it works great in Microsoft Word .
Very strange .
Hi.

Yes, the problem was with the Google spell check. But it's working now. I sent an e-mail to Google. It was a glitch where the link was broken between the tool bar and their dictionary/spell check servers. They fixed it. They were very quick about repairing it.
Philip Williams

UK

#14 Aug 11, 2013
Not working as of 5 mins ago ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for terry. 2 hr delno 1
huffington post is a hate group 3 hr iThink 9
how is "stealing" baby body parts "woman health... 3 hr iThink 29
Matt Bevin And Religion In Government 4 hr Troofers 25
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 143,217
Speeding In State ad ounty Vhicles 6 hr Friend 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 7 hr Rogers Suks 729
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages