Devil's Creek
Stories

Ripley, TN

#240 Oct 17, 2012
I am 26 years of age and I grew up on a lot of stories about Devil's Creek.

1. Never, ever go to Devil's Creek on a Friday or Saturday night, especially during the Witching Hour.

2. If you see a bag on the side of the road; never EVER open it.

3. Birdman..Yes, I've heard of him. I've heard that he will jump onto your windshield and try to make you wreck.

4. I have also heard of a beast that used to claw at the screen doors of homes located near the area.

5. My dad and his friends tried to burn down the Devil Worshipping church. They watched it burn to the ground. When they came back the next day; it was like it had never happened.

6. I have gone to Devil's Creek several times at night time, just for a good scare...and trust me, it terrifies me every time I go down there.
Eric young 822

Richmond, KY

#242 Dec 12, 2012
I have lived in london for 2 years then i moved to whitley county i party there like every weekend i should know and whatever u guys are seeing i have never seen i still go there every weekend to this dad and hang out with my friends
Big who

Milton, WI

#243 Dec 12, 2012
Who is this Big Country that you mentioned?
Eric young 822

Richmond, KY

#244 Dec 12, 2012
big country is a legend in whitley county he just got out of the hospitle and he is one of us aka (the devil creek boys) none of this stuff is real other than there was a church and that the platform is still there and how do i know this i go there every friday and saterday and hang out with my friends i have never seen nothing down there in the two years i have been going
lol

Middlesboro, KY

#248 Dec 17, 2012
Stories wrote:
1. Never, ever go to Devil's Creek on a Friday or Saturday night, especially during the Witching Hour.
3. Birdman..Yes, I've heard of him. I've heard that he will jump onto your windshield and try to make you wreck.
4. I have also heard of a beast that used to claw at the screen doors of homes located near the area.
5. My dad and his friends tried to burn down the Devil Worshipping church. They watched it burn to the ground. When they came back the next day; it was like it had never happened.
6. I have gone to Devil's Creek several times at night time, just for a good scare...and trust me, it terrifies me every time I go down there.
You and your dad need to be looked about.
jim lawson

Astoria, NY

#249 Jan 4, 2013
Whitley Co Citizen 01 wrote:
How many knew the name of the church and graveyard ?
Lots of old tales about that area, but I have been thru there many a night and never encountered nothing.
wolf pit graveyard my papa layed the block on the church. Went to a homecoming there when I was a kid. Yes hippies stayed there late 70's early 80's. 13 of them & one hippie baby.
dumbasses

West Chicago, IL

#251 Apr 22, 2013
My mammaw has been there when the church was still there and watched the things ppl did devils creek is real a satanic church was made out of the old christian church in the 70's it burned down in 76 as i know who was the person who burned it down. and i do know multiple ppl who have witnessed an old man in a black robe who will come out from behind the church and stand there at the corner of where the church was and on multiple accounts they have seen him just disapear. They called the man a name i cant remember what they called him but anyway yes devils creek is a satanic area.
Wondering

Winchester, KY

#252 Apr 22, 2013
Where exactly did the church stand? I've been to the cemetery, but did not get out. I remember seeing a wall next to the cemetery. Was it part of the foundation of the church? There was also a dirt road around behind the cemetery. I thought it might go to the church. The night I was there was too cold to get out and explore.
jamesb

Mount Vernon, KY

#253 Apr 25, 2013
has anyone had the experience seeing dark shadows chasing their car as you are leaving the cemetery i have been there twice in the past 3 days and experienced this both times each time with a different person noticing it
glenda kay

London, KY

#254 Apr 26, 2013
ZappaCrappa wrote:
OMG...you folks REALLY believe this stuff huh. "Birdman"..."De vil's Minion"...lmao. WOW! Where are the newspaper and eyewitness accounts? Police reports? Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? I'm sorry...I don't really mean to poke fun...but...heh heh...it's kind of hard not to.
You guys go ahead and have fun. I am HIGHLY entertained with the thread at this point.
okay some of this may seem entertaining, but I personally have been there, and experienced my camera battery drain, my flash light wouldn't come on, and did once I left the road, I heard this strange loud bird, and smelt something burning, although there was nothing on fire, if you think this is all bull, then go on down there and find out for yourself, I also have recordings of asking if anyone wants to say something and got a knocking sound everytime, and also a strange moaning sound. cant explain that one. I have several pictures, of a hooded shape figure. and I believe the place is pure evil. not to mention, you are followed out. so before you judge, go at night and look for yourself
glenda kay

London, KY

#255 Apr 26, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Where exactly did the church stand? I've been to the cemetery, but did not get out. I remember seeing a wall next to the cemetery. Was it part of the foundation of the church? There was also a dirt road around behind the cemetery. I thought it might go to the church. The night I was there was too cold to get out and explore.
the road you are referring to does go to the church which is maybe a 100 feet from the cemetery, my advice is don't go alone, and don't try to scare anyone. I latterly, have been there and when we saw the things chasing behind us, my husband stopped to take a pic and I sware something grapped at me. I put my husbands bible on the dash, not a big Christian, but anyway felt safer, everything fell off my dash, off the sunvisor, idk.
Train

Middlesboro, KY

#256 Apr 26, 2013
glenda kay wrote:
<quoted text> the road you are referring to does go to the church which is maybe a 100 feet from the cemetery, my advice is don't go alone, and don't try to scare anyone. I latterly, have been there and when we saw the things chasing behind us, my husband stopped to take a pic and I sware something grapped at me. I put my husbands bible on the dash, not a big Christian, but anyway felt safer, everything fell off my dash, off the sunvisor, idk.
You need to be looked about.
Wondering

Winchester, KY

#257 Apr 27, 2013
glenda kay wrote:
<quoted text> the road you are referring to does go to the church which is maybe a 100 feet from the cemetery, my advice is don't go alone, and don't try to scare anyone. I latterly, have been there and when we saw the things chasing behind us, my husband stopped to take a pic and I sware something grapped at me. I put my husbands bible on the dash, not a big Christian, but anyway felt safer, everything fell off my dash, off the sunvisor, idk.
Thank you for responding and letting me know.
Really afraid now

Middlesboro, KY

#258 Apr 28, 2013
glenda kay wrote:
<quoted text> okay some of this may seem entertaining, but I personally have been there, and experienced my camera battery drain, my flash light wouldn't come on, and did once I left the road, I heard this strange loud bird, and smelt something burning, although there was nothing on fire, if you think this is all bull, then go on down there and find out for yourself, I also have recordings of asking if anyone wants to say something and got a knocking sound everytime, and also a strange moaning sound. cant explain that one. I have several pictures, of a hooded shape figure. and I believe the place is pure evil. not to mention, you are followed out. so before you judge, go at night and look for yourself
The scary thing is that there are people on the road with me that don't know any better than that.
Really afraid too

Middlesboro, KY

#259 Apr 28, 2013
Really afraid now wrote:
<quoted text>The scary thing is that there are people on the road with me that don't know any better than that.
There is zero danger from the haints, very little danger from snakes, bears, etc. The real danger is from the cowards and fools running from an imaginary danger hitting you with their car or shooting me my horse, or one of my dogs thinking they are shooting a "birdman" or some other booger.
Horse_Rider

Indianapolis, IN

#260 Apr 28, 2013
Please keep your horse and dog off of a road that was made for cars and trucks to use. As someone who owns and rides horses, I never take the risk of endangering my horse or myself by riding on a road.
As for the Devils Creek cemetery, I have been there on several occasions; there is nothing scary about it or any other cemetery I have ever visited. Avoid the drunks with their horses and dogs and you
will be fine.
kal

Somerset, KY

#261 Apr 30, 2013
Stories wrote:
why whats in the brown bag
zombiesrcoming

Cambridge, MA

#262 May 7, 2013
asking people to not ride horses on that road is ridiculous!! get a life, and realize your request will never be achieved. thats the place to ride around here, get over it. you probably wear a helmet when u ride too. loser! about the bags, we opened one one time and found a bunch of lab puppies that were still alive.
Horse_Rider

Noblesville, IN

#263 May 7, 2013
http://www.ksla.com/story/21726439/horse-kill...

I did wear a helmet when I was on active duty. It has been a few decades now since those days. Of the many things I was taught in the Army , safety was paramount during peacetime.
Loser? Wanting people and animals not to be hurt makes me a loser.
Sticks and stones etc.
If you rescued some pups, good job. I really mean that.
I could not find the original story that I witnessed back in 1969. The rider and his pony were both killed. The driver of the station wagon that killed them went to prison.
Really afraid too

Middlesboro, KY

#264 May 7, 2013
Horse_Rider wrote:
http://www.ksla.com/story/2172 6439/horse-killed-rider-injure d-when-struck-by-car
I did wear a helmet when I was on active duty. It has been a few decades now since those days. Of the many things I was taught in the Army , safety was paramount during peacetime.
Loser? Wanting people and animals not to be hurt makes me a loser.
Sticks and stones etc.
If you rescued some pups, good job. I really mean that.
I could not find the original story that I witnessed back in 1969. The rider and his pony were both killed. The driver of the station wagon that killed them went to prison.
I guess that driver was running from some imaginary boogerman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CCzar 166,375
Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell? (Nov '08) 1 hr coalminer 432
How to make someone racist 1 hr Lamb 7
Bannon is Out!!!! 4 hr wowed 4
Natural Gas well theft in Clay County Ky (Jun '12) 8 hr Another victim 11
Libs dem demand new York be nuke 10 hr wowed 5
Kentucky is Cracking Down on Annoyance 10 hr Social Services 1

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance