First Prev
of 13
Next Last
ChristIsKing

Corbin, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2009
What's the story behind the legend of Devil's Creek anyway? Was there really a devil church there and when?

And where exactly is Devil's Creek?

Thanks
poopface

Cynthiana, KY

#2 Jan 24, 2009
yeah there was it, was in like 1983.
yea

Corbin, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2009
Devils creek is south on 25 just before the junction to cumberland falls. Dont really know about churches there, I believe there was sacrifices around dog slaughter falls, that is off of devils creek in the national forest.
joe

Brodhead, KY

#4 Jan 24, 2009
i grew up in that area never knew of a devil church or dog being slaughter i have spent a lot of time hunting and fishing down there . you can take hwy 90 toward cumberland falls 2nd gravel rd will take you to dog slaughter follow that rd until it come to the end turn right thats devil creek area .
joe

Brodhead, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2009
2nd gravel rd take a right
yea

Corbin, KY

#6 Jan 24, 2009
joe I never said they slaughtered dogs? Where are you? And yes there was no devils creek church.
dr-in-town

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2009
yes they use to be a church there, and it was beside the cemetery, and yes it was rumored to be a satanic church the concrete slab is still there next to the graveyard.it was rumor that several guys snukt[sneeked] down there one night and dynamited it,last i heard of any going ons down there was like 20 yrs. ago you could drive down there on the dark of the moon and see there fires burning and hear them chanting,and if your brave enuf to go closer you can see them dancing in there robes around the fires, the reason it was called dog slauter was that yrs. ago peoples slut dogs would go out and get nocked and have a litter and the farmers didn want to feed them, so theyd put them in a feed sack with a few rocks in it, and take it down to the creek and throw the pups in,and theyd drown ,thats how dog slaughter got its name.and the devils church is why its called devils creek,most of the younger generation dont no these things,there parents dont want to scare there children, and most of the older ones have died off,taking there secrets to the grave with them,hek some of your parents and grandparents may have attended that church,it was rumored that the officers of the church was missing part of there little finger.how come there not any homes down in that area,i no several guys that use to ride horses down thru there,as soon as they rounded the curve to the cemetery the horse would spook and go wild somtimes throwing there rider and turn and run full speed the opposite way, no way youll catch me down there alone,and definitley not after dark
dr-in-town

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2009
joe wrote:
i grew up in that area never knew of a devil church or dog being slaughter i have spent a lot of time hunting and fishing down there . you can take hwy 90 toward cumberland falls 2nd gravel rd will take you to dog slaughter follow that rd until it come to the end turn right thats devil creek area .
how old are ye
laughing

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2009
and by the way "dr.", i know several of my family members and friends that ride horses down there, as well as myself on occassion, and i hav enever been thrown off near or at the graveyard, nor do I know anyone who had, unless their horse was a piece of shit!
Sassy

New Richmond, OH

#11 Jan 25, 2009
I know lots of people down in Devils Creek and everything that you guys are talking about is rumors,I have stayed plenty of nights down there and the only thing that ever went on was a bunch of people having wild parties. And I also know lots of guys that rides horses there as well and they grew up there and still live there.
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Jan 25, 2009
How many knew the name of the church and graveyard ?
Lots of old tales about that area, but I have been thru there many a night and never encountered nothing.
KYKID

Richmond, KY

#13 Jan 25, 2009
I've rode horses down there and lived near it all my life(45 years). It's always been called Devils Creek. All the things that have been said is bullsh*t!
dr-in-town

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2009
laughing wrote:
and by the way "dr.", i know several of my family members and friends that ride horses down there, as well as myself on occassion, and i hav enever been thrown off near or at the graveyard, nor do I know anyone who had, unless their horse was a piece of shit!
guess your freinds and there horses souls were already possesed by the devil reson he left youns alone, bet you or none your friends never road thru there alone now did ye
dr-in-town

United States

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Sassy wrote:
I know lots of people down in Devils Creek and everything that you guys are talking about is rumors,I have stayed plenty of nights down there and the only thing that ever went on was a bunch of people having wild parties. And I also know lots of guys that rides horses there as well and they grew up there and still live there.
yea wild partys thats what satan likes, guess you would be ok down there drinkin and sinning,next time you go down there horse back riding put a holy bible in your saddle bags or on your dashboard and see what happens,
old

United States

#18 Jan 27, 2009
The name of the cemetery is Wolf Pit Cemetery. The church probably had the same name. There were several families that lived out there in the old days, before the government bought it all.
When they stopped using the church, it was vandalized and frequented by partiers and possibly devil worshipers. But the area had the name Devil's Creek long before that.

The comment that "laughing" made about the church sounds about right.

My Grandpa and Great Grandpa grew up there. They told similar stories. Except the one about Dogslaughter. They said it got its name because there was a wild animal down there in the old days (probably a wild cat or bear) that chewed up alot of peoples' hunting dogs.

People have added to the stories over the years just for the fun of scaring someone.

I have heard so many far fetched ghost stories about the Falls area since I was a kid. Most of them made up by parents and grandparents trying to scare kids into staying home and out of trouble.

I don't deny that it can be a dangerous place at times. Alot of bad things have happened there. Seems to be a good, remote place to dump unwanted items (such as trash, animals, and dead bodies). Big party place too.
Going with a group is the safest way to go there and enjoy the outdoors.
wtf

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2009
Well some friends and I have conducted several paranormal investigations in that area around the cemetary and we have never come up with anything conclusive. I will however tell you that there have been some very strange phenomenon captured on cameras and voice recorders. We have one EVP that sounds like GET AWAY NOW!! but like I said nothing absolutely conclusive. I have also heard rumors about a strange light that hovers above dogslaughter creek like a ball of light around the bridge area where you access the Dog Slaughter Falls trail. Has anyone heard about this ????
dr-in-town

Winchester, KY

#20 Jan 27, 2009
wtf wrote:
Well some friends and I have conducted several paranormal investigations in that area around the cemetary and we have never come up with anything conclusive. I will however tell you that there have been some very strange phenomenon captured on cameras and voice recorders. We have one EVP that sounds like GET AWAY NOW!! but like I said nothing absolutely conclusive. I have also heard rumors about a strange light that hovers above dogslaughter creek like a ball of light around the bridge area where you access the Dog Slaughter Falls trail. Has anyone heard about this ????
yes ive saw the light but it was so many yrs. ago i'd forgoten about it glad you jugged my memory. it was way befor the bridge was there cant even member if the trail was there,it was more like an orb than a light,moving quickly thru thewoods about 20ft off the ground.moving toward the river
dr-in-town

Winchester, KY

#21 Jan 27, 2009
old wrote:
The name of the cemetery is Wolf Pit Cemetery. The church probably had the same name. There were several families that lived out there in the old days, before the government bought it all.
When they stopped using the church, it was vandalized and frequented by partiers and possibly devil worshipers. But the area had the name Devil's Creek long before that.
The comment that "laughing" made about the church sounds about right.
My Grandpa and Great Grandpa grew up there. They told similar stories. Except the one about Dogslaughter. They said it got its name because there was a wild animal down there in the old days (probably a wild cat or bear) that chewed up alot of peoples' hunting dogs.
People have added to the stories over the years just for the fun of scaring someone.
I have heard so many far fetched ghost stories about the Falls area since I was a kid. Most of them made up by parents and grandparents trying to scare kids into staying home and out of trouble.
I don't deny that it can be a dangerous place at times. Alot of bad things have happened there. Seems to be a good, remote place to dump unwanted items (such as trash, animals, and dead bodies). Big party place too.
Going with a group is the safest way to go there and enjoy the outdoors.
wolf pit,, hell of a name for a church.dont you think
booger-man

Krefeld, Germany

#22 Jan 27, 2009
you fellows going to scare yourselves into no sleep tonight.boogers are gonna get you.
ummm

United States

#23 Jan 27, 2009
can you ride 4 wheelers out there?
and why are all the graves or at least most of them babies? i find that strange.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony McNew 13 min just wondering 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Irvine 131,619
Elementary basketball (bush) 5 hr Spirt 32
KU Customers! 6 hr techie 2
missing blue heeler HUGE REWARD 12 hr Hurt mother 1
How can a broken hart heal? 14 hr Broken 8
Man accused of trading pills for sex acts (Sep '08) Nov 24 nxtstrtovr 34
Keavy Dating
Find my Match

Keavy People Search