Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156425 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#135751 Aug 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what you watched. I asked to demonstrate your claim. You claimed it would be important to know the date.
I am not convinced you can actually follow this discussion.
OMG....oh my goodness. Important for me to gather more information about the program, so I can see it in its entirely...thank you very much. The little I caught was interesting...there is nothing for me to demonstrate, nor have I made any claims.

I need to convince you of my interest to locate a program I missed all except the last part of (and still have not located to date)....lol.

Again, thanks to all who did contribute...it is appreciated.

Location hidden

#135752 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ultimately true of any religion. It's a choice. The choice is usually STRONGLY guided by parents.
Christianity is not unique in this issue.
Ok...religion. Christianity is definitely unique.

Location hidden

#135753 Aug 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I was waiting for you to provide a list of facts that become facts after rather than before the theory.
Never mind.
Try reading your post again but this time, everytime you read the word "theory" substitute it with "evolution".
For theory is exactly what evolution is.
My response post (page 6441) was... "Facts can come from theories...is more accurate".

It was my very intention to respond with a list as well, but after reading some, it can go both ways. Of course, it can go both ways and I concur with the site source.

Evolution is not the only theory, why would I?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#135754 Aug 11, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...religion. Christianity is definitely unique.
How so?

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#135755 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetics is a theory? The fossil record is a theory? Anatomy is a theory?
<quoted text>
Speciation is macroevolution.
<quoted text>
You're a dolt who doesn't know the first thing about this issue.
Ok,, let's start with your evidence, your proof in the fossil record,,, not someone's theory of what they think the fossil record shows,, let's see your proof of evolution of species in the fossil record!!

Here's your chance,, there might be someone reading this that's on the fence,, let's see you sway them with your proof of the fossil record showing evolution of species!!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135756 Aug 11, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My response post (page 6441) was... "Facts can come from theories...is more accurate".
It was my very intention to respond with a list as well, but after reading some, it can go both ways. Of course, it can go both ways and I concur with the site source.
Evolution is not the only theory, why would I?
Because your article shows the link between facts and theories.

So the next time you hear someone dismiss evolution as being "only a theory", remember that it is inextricably linked to the facts.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135757 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok,, let's start with your evidence, your proof in the fossil record,,, not someone's theory of what they think the fossil record shows,, let's see your proof of evolution of species in the fossil record!!
Here's your chance,, there might be someone reading this that's on the fence,, let's see you sway them with your proof of the fossil record showing evolution of species!!
You ask for proof when none of our many and varied theories provide proofs.

A theory represents our best explanation for observable phenomena. An explanation free from magic, ju-ju and superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Location hidden

#135758 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record shows a clear, and undeniable transition from simple, and more foreign, forms of life, to more complex, modern forms of life.

The transition matches exactly what evolution predicts. There are no elephants at the bottom, or humans in the middle. The top is not filled with simple forms of life.

We even have transitions forms from early hominids to modern humans.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...

There is no theory that can explain the fossil record other than evolution, which not only explains it, but predicted many of its finds.

Location hidden

#135759 Aug 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Myopic" because what you're willing to feel are facts are lies and visa versa. I cannot offer you respect because I don't think that it matters to you what objective information and evidence is presented here. You will in all likelihood dismissively turn and return to apologist and pseudoscience propaganda as your authoritative "Truth." You do not want a photograph, you want your pretty picture.
<quoted text>
"Fascination" because you seem fixated on the ToE as if it validated or invalidated the writing of the Bible and the creation of your doctrines. I'm sure that you've been told it does or you wouldn't have made such an inane proclamation. I stated that if you had (more) knowledge you would probably not hold the beliefs you do now (see above). Without gaining any further knowledge whatsoever, you maintain that your opinions cannot change.
What 'you' think I feel does not make anything myopic. As well, your thinking you know what does and does not matter to me has nothing to do with respect. I offer respect whether you accept or not, whether you agree or disagrees with what I believe and if you choose not to offer the same, then you have ended the discussion on that note.

You will never think or say enough for me to ignore what I know and have evidence of and you have the same choice. Propaganda transforms no one and it cannot save one soul. The Bible is a pretty picture? How? God is too brilliant and the Bible reveals his love for us and all that he has done to save us from ourselves. It tells the good and the bad...all accounts are definitely not a pretty picture.

Again, no fascination...nor do I need to or feel any need to validate the Bible. You say what you believe and I do the same, so why are you reading something more into what I am definitely not saying?

Do you have all the knowledge you need? No one does. I will continue to learn but I have more than enough information and knowledge about God (the creator of heaven, earth and mankind) to make an informed, sound and well researched decision. After all, my belief in God is more and not less. Why would I change my opinion about God because you choose not to believe his existence? Most notably, you have shared no information, knowledge or evidence that demonstrates God does not exist.

Location hidden

#135760 Aug 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your article shows the link between facts and theories.
So the next time you hear someone dismiss evolution as being "only a theory", remember that it is inextricably linked to the facts.
lol....that is a good one :)

Did you read all of the source...because there is more to the inextricable link?

Location hidden

#135761 Aug 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask for proof when none of our many and varied theories provide proofs.
A theory represents our best explanation for observable phenomena. An explanation free from magic, ju-ju and superstitious mumbo jumbo.
You're correct,, I asked for proof when none of your many and varied THEORIES provide proof.

Box said he or she could provide truth.

Teach it as THEORY not fact. Too many evolutionist try to pass off their THEORIES as fact. They let their faith in their religion get the better of themselves and TRY to pass off THEORY as fact.

Location hidden

#135762 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
Teach it as THEORY not fact. Too many evolutionist try to pass off their THEORIES as fact. They let their faith in their religion get the better of themselves and TRY to pass off THEORY as fact.
Evolution is a fact. The scientific theory explains the 'how' behind that fact.

Location hidden

#135763 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record shows a clear, and undeniable transition from simple, and more foreign, forms of life, to more complex, modern forms of life.
The transition matches exactly what evolution predicts. There are no elephants at the bottom, or humans in the middle. The top is not filled with simple forms of life.
We even have transitions forms from early hominids to modern humans.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
There is no theory that can explain the fossil record other than evolution, which not only explains it, but predicted many of its finds.
So you were asked to produce your proof, and all you do is post another THEORY??? PROOF PLEASE!!!
Where's your PROOF??? Or will you just waste everyone's time with more evolutionist THEORIES???

Is your faith in your religion so strong,, that you can't even realize your TRYING to post THEORY as fact??

Don't take my word for it,, ask one of your fellow atheist,,, you're TRYING to post THEORY as fact!!

Location hidden

#135764 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were asked to produce your proof, and all you do is post another THEORY??? PROOF PLEASE!!!
Where's your PROOF??? Or will you just waste everyone's time with more evolutionist THEORIES???
Nothing in my post was theory.

I gave you facts about the contents of the fossil record and even provided you with a link to specific fossil finds for hominids.
7th Trump wrote:
Don't take my word for it,, ask one of your fellow atheist,,, you're TRYING to post THEORY as fact!!
You are now lying.

Location hidden

#135765 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in my post was theory.
I gave you facts about the contents of the fossil record and even provided you with a link to specific fossil finds for hominids.
<quoted text>
You are now lying.
LOL...!!!

Here let me post a few more links to your "proof/fact"!! LOL!!!

www.creationproof.com
www.allaboutcreation.org

You're letting your faith in your religion confuse you on "fact/proof" and THEORY, and you may be the only one on here that doesn't realize it!

Location hidden

#135766 Aug 11, 2014
All you're doing is showing someone's THEORY of the evidence provided to them. I can also do that all day long!!

Please show us the PROOF you were speaking of!!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135767 Aug 11, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were truly as you state it, then people would not choose smoking when they know it leads to lung cancer, right? Yet, people choose to drink and drive, when they know they could take an innocent person's life. People choose to take drugs, when only one time could kill them. Fear is not enough to stop many.
You forgot the escape clause. In the bible you can repent endlessly. What drives you to repent, it is "fear of the Lord". If not then, you are tortured forever in hell by the flying spaghetti monster.

People smoke and drink out of a addiction and other reasons. Fear of God cannot make them stop, they can repent, and becomes a non-issue . Many of them are Christians. The largest percentage of people prison are Christians that are repenting as we speak.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135768 Aug 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I simply told you what is hurting your case. If you cannot figure out how to improve your case by the info I gave, then that is your problem.
Most of your posts I skip when I see it starting with pure insults.
I smell a wolf in sheep's clothing. Thanks for your concern . The only thing that my case is hurting is atheist egos.
Your illconceived advice is tantamount to Custer advising Sitting Bull on the Indian tactics at The Little Big Horn.
Myh mammy didn't raise no fools. That be why she didn't raise me atheist LOL

Location hidden

#135769 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct,, I asked for proof when none of your many and varied THEORIES provide proof.
Box said he or she could provide truth.
Thank you very much...and there is the reject; trying to push theories as fact.

Location hidden

#135770 Aug 11, 2014
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...!!!
Here let me post a few more links to your "proof/fact"!! LOL!!!
www.creationproof.com
www.allaboutcreation.org
Wow, I link to the Smithsonian, a world renown organization and you link to a bunch of kooks.
7th Trump wrote:
You're letting your faith in your religion confuse you on "fact/proof" and THEORY, and you may be the only one on here that doesn't realize it!
I linked to evidence; you linked to apologetics. You are unable to even gauge what constitutes facts or evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-mart DC 6097 desperately needs to vote union! 38 min The Real Just Me 62
good places to go metal detecting in Corbin my. 2 hr jack 5
Union organization at Corbin Walmart 4 hr Manager 9
Raccoon Springs (Jan '11) 7 hr Clumsy 19
Corbin library 10 hr spill it 8
Looking for a good time 12 hr Im mexican 2 5
Drug dealers on Paris Karr Road (May '09) Nov 21 Imcorbinbound 77

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance