Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,016

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#135113 Jul 31, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't. If the wages of sin is eternal punishment in Hell, then Jesus would have to be eternally punished if in fact He died for my sins.
He cover your sins with His blood, your ONLY real sin would be ignoring His gift... His/God's sacrifice for YOU...
That is what you will get punished for.... Turning it down!

Imagine your dad buying you that bike you wanted, and
spitting in his face....
Same thing.... only different!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135114 Jul 31, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> "Many will be called but few will be chosen."
Yes!
There are many called... can you think of a few???
While you are thinking... think about the "Gay" church....
Depart from me, you workers of iniquity... rings loud don't it?
Jesus upheld the big Ten, and boiled it down to two...
(1) Love God with all; your being, and
(2) Love your neighbor as yourself...
On these hang the "Law", and the Prophets!
I know I do not deserve to even look forward to Heaven, but
I hope all of you can!
Good day to you :-)
Kindly keep your bigotry under control.
No, Jesus' big two do not translate into the big 613 mitzvot.
I'm not interested in humoring your delusions today. Or yesterday. Or tomorrow.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135115 Jul 31, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hold that thought!
You are not sane. I've always held that thought and I've even provided good reasons to say so.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#135116 Jul 31, 2014
"Let me again point out you cited zero scriptures to prove your claims of Jesus having any conservative values. "
Thou shalt not steal...
Thou shalt not bare false witness...
Thou shalt not Murder (Babies in their Mothers wombs)...
Thou shalt not commit adultery....
Thou shall Love the Lord your God...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135117 Jul 31, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I guess now you can show anyone where I said "slavery rules"??
It's not my fault you all claimed the God of the Bible said it was a good idea to enslave people!! Lol.!!
Of course He's going to make rules for fallen man once they are already enslaving people!!
Does anyone really expect you to comprehend though,, after you made that claim about evolving from a rock!! Lol.!!,,, do you seriously not understand how silly you look when you tell people you came from a rock??
Show where I said " the God of the Bible said it was a good idea to enslave people!! "
I said the bible condones slavery. You are making up straw men to debate with.

The bible rules on slavery is evidence of condoning.
The bible need not state in clear terms, as it rarely does on any issue.
The bible never states that all divorce is bad. It does not claim that god hates divorce.

I fully understand you will defend anything the bible says as if it were the moral way. That is the problem with religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#135118 Jul 31, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you did,, why would you already be trying to give links if you didn't misquote?? Lol.!! Anyone who knows their Bible knows it's the truth, so who are you trying to convince?
You have STILL not shown us where the God of the Bible said it's a good idea to enslave people, surely you didn't make that up, did ya?
I am sure you could not show a single atheist here saying "God of the Bible said it's a good idea to enslave people".
The only person saying this is you. You are debating straw men.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#135119 Jul 31, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I guess now you can show anyone where I said "slavery rules"??
It's not my fault you all claimed the God of the Bible said it was a good idea to enslave people!! Lol.!!
Of course He's going to make rules for fallen man once they are already enslaving people!!
Does anyone really expect you to comprehend though,, after you made that claim about evolving from a rock!! Lol.!!,,, do you seriously not understand how silly you look when you tell people you came from a rock??
Liar, I never claimed we evolved from a rock.

No, it does not make sense a god would make rules for slavery and never condemn it. You see, a moral leader would simply condemn slavery all together. This is how I know the bible god is not a real god.
AAA

Bowling Green, KY

#135120 Jul 31, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I was proving that I didn't misquote. If you looked at the link and my post, you'd see that I didn't.
Either way, you're lying.
<quoted text>
I did show you.
I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree!! I think it's fairly plain for anyone without the slumber to see I said fallen man enslaved people, and the God of the Bible set rules for them once they had.

,,,,,and it is OBVIOUS you're NOT going to show everyone where you came up with the God of the told anyone it would be a good idea to enslave people like you claimed!!!

Does it really surprise anyone?? I doubt it, after all when you come from a rock it must be hard!! Lol.!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#135121 Jul 31, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree!
No, we won't. You were wrong. I quoted the actual text and you called me a liar when I was not.
AAA wrote:
I think it's fairly plain for anyone without the slumber to see I said fallen man enslaved people, and the God of the Bible set rules for them once they had.
That doesn't make any sense. Fallen man also murdered people, but God made a commandment against that. Fallen man also stole from people, but God made a commandment against that. Why isn't there one against slavery?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#135122 Jul 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Ky especially Frankfort needs to be more concerned with its lack of consumer friendly economy and resources more than putting bible study into school. Secondly of all not all of us our Christian so to teach any religious doctrine in public school is a violation of a constitutional rights. It would be like teaching the Koran or the Red Vega in class. No. If parents want their kids to learn religion then send your kids to a Christian school. That simple. For instance Catholics who want their children to be taught the Catholic faith send their kids to Catholic school, which is not a public institution, but a private one. Their is a separation of Church and State for a reason. In addition I've got good dose of Christian people down here and I definitely don't think most of them are in a position to teach morals. They're rude and self righteous. Don't know when to keep their opinions to themselves and use fear as a tool to subdue anyone who doesn't agree with them. And it's okay for them to insult your religion but don't dare say anything about theirs. Worse it won't be taught on its entirety , only according to the Bible, the dead sea scrolls won't be included. So no bible study shouldn't be taught in school. If you want your kids to learn Christian beliefs have your churches open up schools to teach it to your kids. I would say the same to Muslims and Hindus and any other religion.
We have no problem with Christian and charter schools.... Obama's people have a problem with dishing out vouchers so we can send our kids to better schools... they want to keep them dumb...
you know... like Liberals!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#135123 Jul 31, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
If this were to happen , there would be a lot less believers .Children are easier to brainwash. Is choosing a religion for them child abuse or good parenting ? Most believers have stated, that it is child neglect to not introduce religion as soon as possible to your child.
Here's a fact you missed...
God is real....
He saved me, and He can, and WILL save you too!
Repent, turn from your sins...
Ask God for forgiveness...
You'll be two things....
(1) Glad you did.... and
(2) On here posting your desire for them to be saved too!

Go ahead....:-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#135124 Jul 31, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon the (lack of) principles as often emitted by worshippers of Derwoods theory of "apes falling frum duh sky"....that "pattern" does often represent that .."SOME (but not all) people, just TRULY seem be "DUHMer than rocks" a lot of times.
Have a nice quarky day.
Pattern noted...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#135125 Jul 31, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a fact you missed...
God is real....
He saved me, and He can, and WILL save you too!
Repent, turn from your sins...
Ask God for forgiveness...
You'll be two things....
(1) Glad you did.... and
(2) On here posting your desire for them to be saved too!
Go ahead....:-)
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q
Ashley

Winchester, KY

#135126 Jul 31, 2014
just my opinion wrote:
Isn't there a way that it could be taught and the parents have a choice as to whether their child did or did not attend that specific class? I myself think it is a good idea, but I can't speak for everyone. There is so much going on in our schools nowadays, maybe for some this will help. It's scary how things have become. When I attended high school, there was a class there, but it was our choice as to whether or not to attend. This is just my opinion.
I think your right dont force it on people who choose they dont want to follow that religion make it something the student or parent can choose to do when i was in school they had a club for this reason (fca) and there they could get the bible study in with other stundebts who want to ... what is wrong with that... we are in a free country why is it that forceing kids to practice just one out of many religions right??? You know only 1% of the world is Christian.... so just bc you think that religon is higher than others you want to make everyone have to learn and study it. If you think your kids need it in there life teach it to them yourself send them to church that is you right but dont force it on people
Disney

London, KY

#135127 Jul 31, 2014
cant believe this topic is still up
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#135129 Jul 31, 2014
Religion is man made and only continues to exist because little children are being brainwashed. Ever notice that Muslims almost always have Muslim parents, Hindus have Hindu parents, etc?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135130 Jul 31, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
"Let me again point out you cited zero scriptures to prove your claims of Jesus having any conservative values. "
Thou shalt not steal...
Thou shalt not bare false witness...
Thou shalt not Murder (Babies in their Mothers wombs)...
Thou shalt not commit adultery....
Thou shall Love the Lord your God...
Jesus didn't write those and easily half of the time conservatives don't follow them, anyway.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135131 Jul 31, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree!! I think it's fairly plain for anyone without the slumber to see I said fallen man enslaved people, and the God of the Bible set rules for them once they had.
,,,,,and it is OBVIOUS you're NOT going to show everyone where you came up with the God of the told anyone it would be a good idea to enslave people like you claimed!!!
Does it really surprise anyone?? I doubt it, after all when you come from a rock it must be hard!! Lol.!!
There is another option - you could admit that you are wrong and that you've been intentionally deaf and blind to every verse and word of scripture that proves it.
part time christian

Manassas, VA

#135132 Jul 31, 2014
There is no place for religion in a school or court room.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#135133 Jul 31, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He cover your sins with His blood, your ONLY real sin would be ignoring His gift... His/God's sacrifice for YOU...
That is what you will get punished for.... Turning it down!
Imagine your dad buying you that bike you wanted, and
spitting in his face....
Same thing.... only different!
I've always loved this verse. The whole chapter, really, is one big graphic description of what a whore this woman is and all the people she's banged.

Ezekiel 23:19,20:
"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min DITCH MITCH 4,731
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min No Surprize 153,321
Joyce Meyer-the multimillionaire hypocrite (Oct '10) 9 min yolanda 108
need someone to do concrete wok 23 min bird man 1
Dog found on Tom Cat Trail 49 min brad1243 5
cheating 1 hr sodonewithyou 18
Justice for Abused Animals (Jan '14) 1 hr LadyByTheLake 27
•••
•••

Keavy Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Keavy People Search