Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163740 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127777 Apr 7, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course non-believers are better educated. Studies show the religiously impaired are below average in all subjects except mythology.
Including mythology.
I glanced over the several posts of the last 24 hours and just have to throw up my hands at the whole mess of religies. It would take at least an hour to address their inaccuracies and presumptions and not a one of them would admit a single error. They've taken YaA's "Whatever you want to believe" to heart with a gusto.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127778 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than 1%? I don't need to "buy a clue," Liar for Jesus. You are still disseminating that absolute bullshit party line crap like Akin spouted. Shame on you.
Shame on you for wanting to Murder Babies!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127779 Apr 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he does think that.
It's a sick belief system he has.
How do we know Anne ever heard the Gospel of Christ???
We do not!
How old was Anne?
Was she over the age of accountability?

God is Just....
He will not send a person to Hell if the did not have the
chance to hear, and deny, as you have had!

Repent!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127780 Apr 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus was conservative....
"I can't feed these people. It will destroy their incentive to better themselves"
Luckily for the 5000, Jesus was liberal, so they got to eat.
Crock of garbage!
I could not have expected more from you!

Just like ALL liberals.... you've got it Backwards!

And you don't even believe Jesus was real, so until you do know what we know...
We'll understand... you have no point of reference for understanding!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127781 Apr 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been tricked by Satan
You believers are ever the easiest to fool because you're so gullible.
Hahahahahahaha!

Psalms 14

14:1 To the chief Musician,[A Psalm] of David. The fool hath
said in his heart,[There is] no God. They are corrupt, they
have done abominable works,[there is] none that doeth good.
14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there were any that did understand,[and] seek God.
14:3 They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become
filthy:[there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.
14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up
my people [as] they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
14:5 There were they in great fear: for God [is] in the
generation of the righteous.
14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD
[is] his refuge.
14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel [were come] out of Zion!
when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob
shall rejoice,[and] Israel shall be glad.

Written of you THOUSANDS of years ago!
True then.... True NOW!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127782 Apr 7, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one verse in the Book of Mormon pertaining to the gospel of Jesus Christ that is not in perfect harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in the Bible and I will leave the church immediately.
You sound like SDA.
http://www.bibleanswer.com/bom _cont.htm

Grace through Faith in Christ ALONE
The Only begotten Son of the Father!
Welcome to Christianity!
God Bless you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127783 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely they were. Being "saved" is something that happens in the heart. When someone turns from their sin, repents, and tried to right the wrongs they have done, it is evident they are on the path to salvation.
We do believe that Jesus meant it when He said to enter Heaven you must be baptized. I really don't think He meant: it'd be nice if you could get baptized. For those that are converted but never received that ordinance, baptisms for the dead (in proxy) are necessary to fulfill His commandment.
So....
Jesus Lied to the thief on the cross when He said to Him
"I tell you this day, you'll be with me in paradise!"????

Baptism is only an outward display of what happened in the heart!
Baptism for the dead is as silly as baptizing a baby... you do not know
what was in their hearts when they died!

Like giving communion to a supporter of Abortion....
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127784 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation does not come through Joseph Smith any more that it comes through Abraham. However, they were prophets that spoke God's messages.
We do not worship a different Jesus. I worship the exact same one that I did the first half of my life as a Protestant. I know much more about Him now though. And I am happy to not constrain His works to one group of people (who happen to be the source if the folks that wanted Him dead). Who do you suppose He went to when He said there were other sheep not of their fold that He had to go teach? Other planets? Or other continents? No one else in the Bible claim His post-resurrected visit. Did He lie?
I absolutely love the Geneva Bible. And I you really have read it, I hope you not the differences to the KJV. About 90% of it is the same, but there are things missing in the KJV that the Geneva Bible contains. One if the coolest thing about it is the illustrations that do not appear in the KJV. There is one of the baptismal font in Solomon's Temple that looked exactly like the one that Joseph was commanded to build in the temple that he was commanded to construct. But Joseph didn't have access to that illustration or the Geneva Bible. Interesting coincidence, or he was receiving instruction from the same God that commanded the first one built. I met a man in Dallas that owns an original Geneva Bible.$30k for that one. I loved it.
Our salvation comes through Jesus Christ. Don't believe the rumors you hear that we do not worship Him. The same that suffered in Gethsemane and died in Golgotha. I believed those rumors too for years. Learn from them what they believe, not the Internet, not your preacher. You'd never ask a Honda dealer about a Ford
http://www.bibleanswer.com/bom _cont.htm
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127785 Apr 7, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Did you define sin earlier. I may have missed it.
I would like to be obedient because that's what I do.
That's not true at all, is it?
It's a good thing that I don't know what sin is.
Oh yes.... you KNOW what Sin is!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127786 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you for wanting to Murder Babies!
How do you get from not believing a humanoid God created billions of light years of space billions of years of time to dote on the primitive Semitic tribes 6,000 years ago to "wanting to Murder Babies"?
If I want to "murder" anything, it is the shameless and bald faced lies for Jesus people like you distribute.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127787 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you get from not believing a humanoid God created billions of light years of space billions of years of time to dote on the primitive Semitic tribes 6,000 years ago to "wanting to Murder Babies"?
If I want to "murder" anything, it is the shameless and bald faced lies for Jesus people like you distribute.
Your quote;
"Less than 1%? I don't need to "buy a clue," Liar for Jesus. You are still disseminating that absolute bullshit party line crap like Akin spouted. Shame on you. "

"Less than 1%?" We was talking about Abortion for rape, and health of the mother

That is NOT "absolute bullshit party line crap like Akin spouted"....

Rape is bad.... No NEED to compound it with MURDER!
You ever hear of two wrongs, don't make a right???
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127788 Apr 7, 2014
Psalms 2

2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain
thing?
2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take
counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed,
[saying],
2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords
from us.
2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall
have them in derision.
2:5 Then shall he speak to them in his wrath, and trouble them
in his sore displeasure.
2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said to me, Thou
[art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
2:8 Ask of me, and I will give [thee] the heathen [for] thy
inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy
possession.
2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash
them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges
of the earth.
2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the
way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all
they that put their trust in him.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#127789 Apr 7, 2014
"Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling."

Sounds like a slave...or a dog.
Religion is disgusting.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127790 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your quote;
"Less than 1%? I don't need to "buy a clue," Liar for Jesus. You are still disseminating that absolute bullshit party line crap like Akin spouted. Shame on you. "
"Less than 1%?" We was talking about Abortion for rape, and health of the mother
That is NOT "absolute bullshit party line crap like Akin spouted"....
Rape is bad.... No NEED to compound it with MURDER!
You ever hear of two wrongs, don't make a right???
I remember when you were defending Todd Akin's and Jack Wilke's bogus statistics and crackpot medical statements. I should have known you'd never give up that bullshit for what it is. What happened to "women's bodies have a way of taking care of that"? Where did you get "less than 1%"? For you, it never went away. Face it, YaA. You supplant the facts with "whatever you want to believe."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127791 Apr 7, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I'm not sure if this guy is curious or YaA, but at the very least he must be related to one or the other.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127792 Apr 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul did write many of the letters.
Paul was a killer until he was transformed by the power of Jesus Christ.
Paul was an eye witness
Paul did write many letters. That doesn't mean Jesus speaks to you through Galatians, Corinthians or Romans, it just means Paul wrote many letters.
Prior to his stroke or whatever, Paul was vehemently opposed to the upstart heretics, but there is no evidence that he killed anyone.
An eye witness to what? The intolerance of religious fanatics?? Jerusalem is 350 miles from Tarsus and 150 miles from Damascus.
Dog Boy and proud

Winter Garden, FL

#127793 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=L xuk1ZgUq9E
I'm not sure if this guy is curious or YaA, but at the very least he must be related to one or the other.
If you wanna know for sure who he is, do some research on your family tree.

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#127794 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.bibleanswer.com/bom_cont.htm
Grace through Faith in Christ ALONE
The Only begotten Son of the Father!
Welcome to Christianity!
God Bless you!
Your link doesn't work, besides that I asked you to show one verse and you expect me to go somehwere and read what someone else says. Are you lazy or are you afraid you can't find anything on your own to share?

As for your thoughts about Christ telling the thief on the cross who recognized Him as the Son of God, that this day he would be with Him in paradise, you are so far off from the truth that it's laughable. Where did Jesus go while His body lay in the tomb?

He went to the spirit world where the spirits of the dead await resurrection for judgment and specifically to the "spirit prison" where He taught the spirits of the ones who never heard of Him or His gospel, even the souls of those from the days of Noah who were disobedient.

It amazes me that people think when you die you immediately go to Heaven or hell because there is nothing to support that. What about the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth or the judgment bar of God where "EVERY" man will be judged according to his works?

Do you think you can bypass all that? If you know the scriptures at all, you will know that the gates of pearl will not be opened until the judgment day has passed and only then will those found worthy enter.

The dead in Christ shall rise first, did you miss that? That scripture wouldn't make any sense if they were already in Heaven.

Also Baptism is required and baptisms for the dead was common in the early church but most all of that has been hidden away from us today. One place in the Bible, 1Cor. 15:29, the Apostle Paul is trying to convince the Corinthians that there really is a resurrection and he said if not, why then are they baptized for the dead. It will still be up to them to accept it or not. I really don't expect you to accept all that though because it takes much study and some effort to find the truth, it seems you'd rather send someone elsewhere to look because you don't have the answers.

It's really not that hard to understand if you seek the answers on your own and not take the first thing that seems to makes sense as gospel.

Good luck seeking the truth and don't give up so easy.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#127795 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Live, not love. They proved to God that they could not live worthy of the Holy priesthood almost immediately after being freed from bondage. Literally after seeing miracles performed that got them out of Egypt and saved their lives by providing food and water from seemingly nothing, they turned their back on God and created idols to worship. They were given strict temporal laws to follow to prepare their posterity for the Messiah to come and bring the higher priesthood and atone for their sins. They were given the lesser priesthood to officiate in the temporal ordinances and the law of sacrifice.
Sounds as if you are giving me some official apologetic, and that is fine, but I must still show my concerns.
First, I must repeat myself, most believers of Jesus (Christians) do not follow the ideas of Jesus. Heck, many keep idolatry of other gods around the house. Not sure if they worship them, but many actually believe things like astrology and the sort. So to keep acting as if the Jews of the day were incapable of what Christians are is a pretty sad apologetic. Seems more of a story concocted to allow for some rule changes. I guess when you follow the ideas of gods, you need some strange story to make changes.
Oh, and BTW, Moses had the idolatry people killed immediately.
Also, I always keep thinking maybe there were no actual miracles to be seen by these people, just later claims of them. It would be the logical conclusion as to why they did not believe in the god of Moses.
And just what is this (priesthood) that is so hard to follow that Jewish people cannot handle?
Wait a minute

United States

#127796 Apr 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul did write many letters. That doesn't mean Jesus speaks to you through Galatians, Corinthians or Romans, it just means Paul wrote many letters.
Prior to his stroke or whatever, Paul was vehemently opposed to the upstart heretics, but there is no evidence that he killed anyone.
An eye witness to what? The intolerance of religious fanatics?? Jerusalem is 350 miles from Tarsus and 150 miles from Damascus.
Saul had innumerable people killed. Jesus met him face to face and asked him why do you persecute me.(and the church)? Paul admitted himself that he was the chief of sinners. When you meet Jesus things change. So did Saul.I believe that was what was meant when Paul asked Jesus to remove the thorn in his flesh. He had to live with the knowledge of what he had done. Jesus told him, "my grace (forgiveness) is sufficient for thee". I don't think it was an illness at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people who keep large amounts of money at home 6 min Drysdale 5
25 years and fired 10 min outoftowner 4
Donald J Trump in Bible Prophecy 2 hr One way 3
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr dunn 9,446
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 1,542
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 16 Ppotc 760
matt farler (Feb '13) Apr 29 keavyguy42 9

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keavy Mortgages