Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149909 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#119977 Dec 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now , If all life came into being as the result of some unexplained accident caused by some mindless ,unguided process , as Atheists believe , then , we are all on the same footing , humans ,cockroaches ,snakes and monkeys etal.
But , those of us who believe in God believ He that He that created all life, declared mankind to be superior to all living species on Earth.
So no, we don't believe that some single cell , self created itself and by duplicating itself ,is responsible for the creation of all species.
That magic trick has not ever been witnessed or duplicated , in spite of the many efforts of Science.
They do not have the slightest clue as to how that event may have occured , as you well know....... And as I have pointed out to you repeatedly.......
Again I ask , Give me your version as to how life , intelligence and consciousness originated?
And that is what is called Human Ego run Amuck... You summed it up well you are of the view that humans are Superior and a God created the Universe for mankind to look at and enjoy... Then the next Ego trip is that Your Religion is superior to those other religions that are false ..... Then the next step is You are superior to all who disagree with your views...

Total arrogance and self importance on full display...

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#119978 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever tried to chisel anything in stone?
Others might find it to represent some pretty good time management. And for all the modern day world REALLY knows, General Moses may have also been charting further battle strategies, in between chiseling.
LOL This is the best you can come up with?

Which bible are you following?.... most bibles read as god writing the commandments, is it your opinion Moses wrote them, or are you making excuses for your supreme being as if he's human?

The bible also states that in those 40 days and nights Moses went without eating bread or drinking water....

United States of America

#119979 Dec 30, 2013
One more thing to think about...... After investing 40 days and nights into the creation of the ten commandments, Moses breaks them into tiny pieces in a blink of an eye.... now with the MO of god , I'm sure he was beside himself with rage of Moses' actions, yet not one mention of this in the bible. As if that wasn't enough, Moses then orders the execution of thousands of men women and children w/out god's approval.....not one mention of god's wrath of this episode either.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119984 Dec 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I understand your concern and fear , yet you continue responding to what I post.
All indications point to Stak Rosch being correct in his assesment of the problems afflicting the Atheist Community.
Problems that he rightfully claims Atheists will not address and refuse to acknowledge.
It is obvious , simply by observing the behaviour of Atheists on this thread , that they have mental problems.
1) You deny the existence of God
2) You deny the Christ
3) You deny there is a heaven
4) You deny there is a hell
Though you claim that you don't believe in the aforementioned , you dedicate volumes of your daily life addressing those issues that you do not believe in.
Why should such behaviour not be correctly described as mental instability?
Why are Atheists so obsessed with that which they claim not to believe in?
Why haven't Atheists authored a book called The Santa Claus Delusion or The Unicorn Delusion?
There was a time when I doubted the existence of God ,but I did not waste my time debating that which I did not believe in.
Things have changed , I now believe in God and have no problem talking about the GOD I BELIEVE IN.
Most assuredly , I will not dedicate a large or any part of my each and every day to discussing the nonexistence of Zeus , Thor , Jupiter or some other mythical character as Atheists do in their search for that in which they claim not to believe in.
To do so ,would indicate to me , that I may be coming mentally unglued, or that ,I am not truly convinced of their nonexistence and am searching for the truth.
As you know , Atheists have started churches ,imitating much of what is practiced by believers.
As it turns out ,a large number of Atheists attend religious services on a weekly basis,
as I remember , a recent study indicated that 10% of Atheists believe in God and 8% believe there is a heaven.
No doubt , at one time , they felt as the Atheists on this thread do , they denied God , Christ etal and never stopped debating that which they claimed not to believe in,relying on the same excuses as you do , until they arrived at the truth.
Now ,no doubt, they continue debating God ,but, from a totally different perspective
Their are no real problems with unicorn believers.God believers on the other hand are demanding the known sciences of the day to be removed from schools,insist the bible be taught on the government dime, and some even fly planes into buildings. Now if unicorn believers start doing these harmful things to society, I will speak more on that topic.

I have explained this many times to you, yet you still do not compute.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119987 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick with the Bible it is all you need.
What kind of non answer is this? Why are you scared to answer straight forward questions? Guess your god is not real.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119988 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a religion of lies and hate based upon hatred of the Jews. Islamists feel Esau was cheated out of the Israel by Jacob. Plus they claim Mohommed was the final prophet even though he lived 700 years after Christ. That means Mohommed is an Anti-Christ.
And I am sure Muslims say similar things about Christianity. Hence the many holy wars between the two.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119989 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a religion of lies and hate based upon hatred of the Jews. Islamists feel Esau was cheated out of the Israel by Jacob. Plus they claim Mohommed was the final prophet even though he lived 700 years after Christ. That means Mohommed is an Anti-Christ.
And Jews say Jesus is not the one prophesied.
I think it should be clear most of us atheists think the bible is full of lies.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119990 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
No he is a Holy God
So you say, but cannot demonstrate. You failed to answer the simple questions.
You fail.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119991 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you claim to have all the answers. That is pretty arrogant.
Liar, I made no such claim. Do you have reading comprehension problems, or are you just a stone cold liar?
Is it against your religion to bear false witness?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119993 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Book of Leveticus, remember the Jews used to sacrifice animals
Yes, the Jews had/have some barbaric beliefs also. And the Christian religion is all based upon it.
Many ancient religions had animal sacrifices, and some even said human sacrifice was needed. Yours is just one of many.
Now just how to determine which is of a real god?

United States of America

#119994 Dec 30, 2013
When Moses was discussing the destruction of Sodom with god, he was trembling with fear when he questioned god's decision to destroy. Yet now.... Moses is taking the lead and making decisions on his Own. Why 2 sides of Moses and 2 personalities of god? In one instance, he's a god to be feared and in another, he can be overlooked like a footnote.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119998 Dec 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now , If all life came into being as the result of some unexplained accident caused by some mindless ,unguided process , as Atheists believe , then , we are all on the same footing , humans ,cockroaches ,snakes and monkeys etal.
But , those of us who believe in God believ He that He that created all life, declared mankind to be superior to all living species on Earth.
So no, we don't believe that some single cell , self created itself and by duplicating itself ,is responsible for the creation of all species.
That magic trick has not ever been witnessed or duplicated , in spite of the many efforts of Science.
They do not have the slightest clue as to how that event may have occured , as you well know....... And as I have pointed out to you repeatedly.......
Again I ask , Give me your version as to how life , intelligence and consciousness originated?
They(science) does have a clue of how it happened, but they cannot prove it absolutely. Sadly you do not know of what science knows or has a clue about.

But again, even if we evolved, it does not put us on the same footing in my book, maybe yours, but not mine.
Now when you say 'superior", in what ways? I know we are smarter, but clearly we are not superior in all ways. Most animals have better physical abilities than humans, thus 'superior" by definition.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119999 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't add anything to the Bible
You atheists don't even know what you don't know
That is call ignorance and
Ignorance of ignorance is ignorance.
If I knew what I did not know, it would not be unknown to me.
I can add anything I want to the bible, and no one can stop me. Hell, Mormons did it and no one stopped them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120000 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't add anything to the Bible
You atheists don't even know what you don't know
That is call ignorance and
Ignorance of ignorance is ignorance.
Are you ignorant of anything?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120001 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE you said all these religions have differing beliefs therefore they are all wrong. Plus you are an Atheist. Therefore you are an arrogant fool who thinks they have all the answers.
Nope, not what I said. Try reading it again.

United States of America

#120002 Dec 30, 2013
typo ... When Abraham was discussing the destruction

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120003 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims spread their faith by murdering people who are not Muslim and they particularly enjoy killing Atheists. You better be glad you live under the protection of Judeo-Christian people
Why do you think Saudia Arabia is 99% Muslim?
Moses spread his religion by killing the pagans, just as the bible details, and the Christians spread their religion by killing the Jews, and Muslims in the crusades and inquisitions.
Why do you think the America's are mostly Christian? It is because the Spanish conquerors killed and forced the people to believe as they.

Christians killed non believers right up until the secular men that were mostly Deists made a constitution prohibiting your kinds bad behavior.
Secularism stopped the religious killing, or at least made it illegal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#120004 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no atonement for sin without blood
This sounds positively barbaric and straight out of the Dark Ages.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#120005 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not accept God's gift to all humanity (Jesus Christ) you will be eternally separated from God
You make the choice my confused friend.
Except that you can't be separated from something that doesn't actually exist.

No confusion there.

Seems to me the confusion is believing that magic and ancient superstition are for real.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120006 Dec 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
One more thing to think about...... After investing 40 days and nights into the creation of the ten commandments, Moses breaks them into tiny pieces in a blink of an eye.... now with the MO of god , I'm sure he was beside himself with rage of Moses' actions, yet not one mention of this in the bible. As if that wasn't enough, Moses then orders the execution of thousands of men women and children w/out god's approval.....not one mention of god's wrath of this episode either.
To be fair, god wanted the people smited. He told Moses what they were up to before Moses even came down.
But Moses talked god out of smiting them. I guess Moses wanted to do the smiting.
Strange that Moses was so surprised when he saw them and smashed the commandments And stranger still, how does one talk god out of doing what he wants?
I mean the whole story makes no sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keavy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
russia is required to return hillary email 14 min proud American 2
Looking for another partner 21 min in shape 8
DNC refuse to fly American flag 23 min proud American 44
zumba what a joke lap band sergery more like it . 27 min Camble 1
needing a job 1 hr JessicaLynn0110 1
Yard cutting 1 hr maddy 2
biggest slut in woodbine, who are they? (Oct '08) 3 hr hairy around the ... 47

Keavy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance